PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Concerts you will never forget!

77Rumours77
11-11-2004, 10:09 PM
So what are your top 3 concerts that were your favorite and that you will never forget????
Here are mine...
5. Stevie Nicks ~ Kansas City, KS 1998
4. Aerosmith ~ Wichita, KS 2002
3. Boston ~ Kansas City, KS 2003
2. Fleetwood Mac ~ Oklahoma City, OK 2003
1. Van Halen ~ Wichita, KS 2004

So what are yours??

ShangriLaTroubl
11-11-2004, 10:14 PM
1.) Fleetwood Mac - Jax, FL. 5-23-04 FRONT ROW!
2.) Fleetwood Mac - other mac shows on this tour i saw (i will just include them all as one)
3.) Stevie Nicks - Atl. GA 9-22-01
4.) Green Day - Oct. 2004
5.) Heart Aug 2004

ONLY 5??

Chris

golden braid
11-11-2004, 10:31 PM
In no particular order:

1 Motley Crue 2/16/90 Oakland, CA- The best concert ever! I was in love with the Crue and was so excited to see them. Memorable moments: Tommy Lee's ass!

2 Gun's n' Roses/Metallica 8-21-92 Oakland- Two of my favorite bands together. Metallica kicked GnR's ass! I also remember my friend being totally wasted and I didn't get home from the concert til around 4 am and my parents were so PISSED!

3 Guns n' Roses 4-3-93 Sacramento- Not the best concert ever but I will always remember it. I had finally worked my way up towards the front of the stage and then some asshole threw a bottle I think and it hit Duff in the head. END of concert. :mad: They were only like halfway through.

4 Stevie Nicks 12-9-01 San Francisco- I got to shake hands with Stevie! :blob1: I remember holding onto her arm with my other hand and I kept thinking, "Let the poor woman go." :laugh:

5 Fleetwood Mac 7-6-03 Sacramento- Wow! My first time seeing the Mac. I was just in awe as I made my way down to my seat which was in 6th row center. And then security was really easy going so basically anyone could go up to the stage so I went up there and stood right in front of Stevie's mic. And she SMILED at ME! It was so cool. :)

estranged4life
11-11-2004, 10:41 PM
5.Ted Nugent/.38 Special-Maxwell Convention Center Tulsa, OK (The first real show I saw on my own)

4.Stevie Nicks-Smirnoff Music Centre Dallas, TX-Aug 3,2001

3.David Lee Roth/Cinderella-Maxwell Convention Center Tulsa, OK-1987 (Steve Vai was DLR's guitarist then and he made me forget about good ol' Edward Van Halen)

2.Iron Maiden/Vinnie Vincent Invasion-Expo Square Pavilion Tulsa, OK-Jan 1987 (The loudest show I have EVER attended...Was left deaf for 2 days afterwards...)

1.(tie) Fleetwood Mac-The Ford Center Oklahoma City, OK-July 1,2003/Paul McCartney-The Ford Center Oklahoma City, OK-Oct.15,2002 (Need I say more)

Brian j.

AliceLover
11-11-2004, 10:45 PM
5. FM Live in Worcester 03
4. SN Live in Mansfield 01
3. FM Live in Mansfield 04
2. SN Live in Mansfield 98
1. FM Live in Boston 03- 9/23

Sorry the dance doesnt qualify.

Jimmy

dissention
11-11-2004, 10:50 PM
3. FM Live in Mansfield 04

That show blew chunks. :laugh: If I didn't want to hear Red Rover so badly, I would have left.

David
11-12-2004, 12:16 AM
So what are your top 3 concerts that were your favorite and that you will never forget?
You asked for five, dude.

1. Rickie Lee Jones, Troubador, L.A. 1982
2. Fleetwood Mac, Irvine Meadows, L.A. 1982
3. Springsteen, Coliseum, L.A. 1984
4. U2, US Festival, Inland Empire 1983
5. Stevie Nicks, Forum, L.A. 1983

How weird . . . they're all within the same few years. I didn't plan that!

Hawkeye
11-12-2004, 12:22 AM

I would've thought you'd picka Tusk tour show as your favorite Fleetwood MAc concert. What was so great about IM LA, 1982. Did you have front row or something.

Hawkeye
11-12-2004, 12:28 AM
Unfortunutly I have not yet seen 5 concerts. Once I do, I'll put them in order. I've still got 3 more to go to reach that number.

estranged4life
11-12-2004, 12:29 AM

Bruce played the Sports Arena in 1984 and the Coliseum in late Sept/Early Oct 1985?

Brian j.

hayley
11-12-2004, 12:30 AM

Glory days... they'll pass you by. Old dude.

How about the best ones of the last couple years?

Best ones of all time is too hard.

Best of this year:

Franz Ferdinand- Metro, 2004
Sam Phillips- crappy college in Grand Rapids, MI, 2004
Morrissey- Aragon, 2004
David Bowie- Rosemont Theatre, 2004
Fleetwood Mac- Madison, 2004

Other, still recent bests:

Peter Gabriel- UP arena tour, Chicago 2003?
Lindsey Buckingham- Soundstage, Chicago 2003
Neko Case- uh, all four times in the last two years
U2- Elevation, Phoenix
Fleetwood Mac- Columbus, 2003

flyfirefly
11-12-2004, 12:47 AM
1. Fleetwood Mac - Bridgeport, CT (Sept. 2003)
2. Annie Lennox (w. Sting bah) - Nashville, Tn (Sept. 2004)
3. Von Bondies & Auf Der Maur - Nashville, Tn (Sept. 2004)
4. Reba McEntire, John M. Montgomery, John Berry - Denver, CO (1994?)
5. No Doubt - (free show) Nashville, Tn (2002)
----
6. Lindsey Buckingham - Soundstage, Chicago, Il (Sept. 2003) (!!!)

AliP
11-12-2004, 01:10 AM
1. FM - Omaha, NE Oct '03
2. All other FM concerts esp. Auburn, WA July '03 and Bozeman, MT July '04
3. SN - Las Vegas Oct ' 01
4. Tom Petty & the HB - Las Vegas Oct ' 99
4. Paul McCartney - Denver, CO May '02

(I've been to alot of concerts, unfortunately most were country acts since that's all that ever came near where I lived!)

David
11-12-2004, 01:29 AM
I would've thought you'd picka Tusk tour show as your favorite Fleetwood MAc concert. What was so great about IM LA, 1982.It's the most powerful, enjoyable show I ever saw Fleetwood give. I had to choose it as one of my Top 5.

David
11-12-2004, 01:32 AM
Glory days... they'll pass you by. Old dude.

How about the best ones of the last couple years?Except for a Fleetwood Mac concert last year & a couple of Stevie Nicks shows (& I certainly wouldn't pick any of that stuff as favorites), I haven't seen any rock concerts recently. I've kind of stopped going.

wondergirl9847
11-12-2004, 02:13 AM
Sheesh, this is difficult...as I love every single concert I've been too.

1. FM - Birmingham, England (My first England show....LB came out with a vengance and we made a serious connection that show. Hee!)

2. NKOTB - Dallas, Texas (My first concert, EVER. I was so excited to see Joe McIntyre. My mom and I had 14th row for that one!)

3. FM - Dallas, Texas (My first FM show...my adrenaline was off the charts during the entire show!)

4. Michael W. Smith - Dallas, Texas (DC Talk opened the show and WOW, I became hooked on them immediately. Smitty gave a terrific performance too!)

5. Keith Urban - Grand Prairie, Texas (He sang two of my fave songs and gave an amazing performance! After the show, he came out to say hello to us. :)

Dangit, I forgot the Houston FM show, which was greatness because Lindsey and I made connections again, I gave him the book and poster I made and people tell me I was on the giant screen....and he showed the book to Stevie...yeah, well, I didn't see either of those things, dammit. LOL

tuigirl
11-12-2004, 03:13 AM
Haha..I don't have 5 I can think of! Having said that I do remember 3..in no particular order

1) Pink Floyd-Pulse Tour in Paris 1994
2) FM - in London November 2003
3) and yes, this one will seriously date me!!!
Gary Glitter and the Glitterband-Wellington NZ 1974?

greatdarkwing
11-12-2004, 08:36 AM
Here are mine:

1. FM-- Madison 2004 (FRONT ROW AND LOVING EVERY MINUTE)
2. SN --Pittsburgh 7-6-2001 (God, I love opening nights :) )
3. Jimmy Buffet-- 2003 Miami (Buffet is a God!)
4. Billy Joel/Elton John --Ft. Lauderdale 2002
5. Heart-- West Palm beach 2003 (I love the front row :p )

~Alex

Livia
11-12-2004, 10:21 AM

I was at that Springsteen concert! Well, one of them during that time, didn't he do 2 or 3 shows that week? A lot of those live cuts made his boxed set!

strandinthewind
11-12-2004, 10:25 AM
Here are mine:

1. FM-- Madison 2004 (FRONT ROW AND LOVING EVERY MINUTE)

~Alex

That concert was surreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will never forget in my life much less anythine soon, that BRILLIANT version of Sara that left my jaw on the floor!!!!

Livia
11-12-2004, 10:31 AM
Five? Wow, that's gonna be hard to narrow down to just five....

1. KISS - December 7, 1977, St. Louis, Checkerdome - My first - you never forget your first!

2. Stevie Nicks - TISL tour - 2nd night in Vegas at the Aladdin. Front row. Got my pic taken holding hands with Stevie. I had a dream last nite that one of my bosses received an invitation for a Mac New Year's Eve concert at the Aladdin for this year, which included 10 tickets. It was a corporate show for Hertz. Of course, he gave it to me, and I was squealing with glee!

3. The Who - Stevie Ray Vaughan opened for 'em. Dallas, TX - Cottonbowl - around 1989?

4. Pink Floyd - San Antonio, TX - Alamodome - 1992-ish?

5. The Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels tour - San Antonio - Alamodome - 199?.

Guess I need to go thru my ticket stubs for the exact dates...if I do that, I'll probably change my mind too! :nod:

skcin
11-12-2004, 10:34 AM
I haven't seen any rock concerts recently. I've kind of stopped going.

I know what you mean, David. I used to go to several each year when I was younger, but I don't really want to spend the $$ anymore :distress:

That being said:

1. FM L.A. rehearsal Culver City Studios 4/26/03 - I'll never forget hearing everything live before the tour actually started :nod:

2. Family Values Tour HSBC Arena Buffalo, NY 2001/2 (?) STP, Staind, Linkin Park: Not because it was so good, but because Weiland was such a d*ck - he was high as a kite & really disrespecting fans. :mad: You said memorable, not good!

3. SN Cuyahoga Falls, OH 7/01 - the only Stevie solo show I've been to. I absolutely loved it.

4. ZZ Top & Black Crowes Buffalo Memorial Auditorium 1989/90 (?) It was just a really awesome show, I wasn't even that big of a fan, but my friends & I still talk about how good it was. We had a blast.

5. Tesla & Jackyl at The Funhouse (a small club in Lackawanna, NY)2002/3 (?) - just incredible; small venue, the band was tight, good sound. I'd pay to go see them again in a heartbeat (I mean Tesla - hubby is the Jackyl fan, not me!)

Paula

pianogirl04
11-12-2004, 10:42 AM
Dangit, I forgot the Houston FM show, which was greatness because Lindsey and I made connections again, I gave him the book and poster I made and people tell me I was on the giant screen....and he showed the book to Stevie...yeah, well, I didn't see either of those things, dammit. LOL

I saw that!! :wavey: You were maybe five feet away from me before they opened the gates, too -- why in the world didn't I say hi? I'm such a dork.

I'd make a list, but I only have three so far, lol! FM Dallas '03 was the best, though -- I had my wisdom teeth out the week before and I was still on pain meds and xanax... I don't remember much of the concert, but I know I had a good time :nod:

Merf
11-12-2004, 10:50 AM
1) Fleetwood Mac, Camden, NJ, 9/12/04 (front)
2) Fleetwood Mac, Atlanta, GA, 5/15/04 (front/side)
3) Fleetwood Mac, Washington, DC, 10/2/03 (6th)
4) Fleetwood Mac, Greensboro, NC, 9/10/03 (front)
5) Fleetwood Mac, Charlotte, NC, 5/20/04 (front)

I don't get out much. :p

hayley
11-12-2004, 11:08 AM
I know what you mean, David. I used to go to several each year when I was younger, but I don't really want to spend the $$ anymore :distress:

David doesn't want to go to rock shows anymore because he'd want to swat all the young hooligans with his cane and/or newspapers and grumble under his breath about wanting tawny port, his smoking jacket, and the new issue of the Atlantic Monthly.

chiliD
11-12-2004, 11:30 AM
David doesn't want to go to rock shows anymore because he'd want to swat all the young hooligans with his cane and/or newspapers and grumble under his breath about wanting tawny port, his smoking jacket, and the new issue of the Atlantic Monthly.

He's not alone in that. ;)

estranged4life
11-12-2004, 11:31 AM
Five? Wow, that's gonna be hard to narrow down to just five....

1. KISS - December 7, 1977, St. Louis, Checkerdome - My first - you never forget your first!

2. Stevie Nicks - TISL tour - 2nd night in Vegas at the Aladdin. Front row. Got my pic taken holding hands with Stevie. I had a dream last nite that one of my bosses received an invitation for a Mac New Year's Eve concert at the Aladdin for this year, which included 10 tickets. It was a corporate show for Hertz. Of course, he gave it to me, and I was squealing with glee!

3. The Who - Stevie Ray Vaughan opened for 'em. Dallas, TX - Cottonbowl - around 1989?

4. Pink Floyd - San Antonio, TX - Alamodome - 1992-ish?

5. The Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels tour - San Antonio - Alamodome - 199?.

Guess I need to go thru my ticket stubs for the exact dates...if I do that, I'll probably change my mind too! :nod:

Pink Floyd April 3,1994-San Antonio, TX

The Who-Sept.3,1989-Dallas, TX (This show was broadcast worldwide on the radio...An a great sounding show at that!)

Also, Bruce Springsteen recorded the late Sept/Early Oct 1985 shows from the Coliseum in L.A. (Wished the professional versions of these shows would appear in the trading circles.)

Brian j.

Livia
11-12-2004, 11:42 AM
Thank you, Brian! LOL I have that Who concert, it IS a good one!

And the '85 Springsteen show is the one I went to, not '84.

Do you have a boot of the PF concert I went to?

estranged4life
11-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Do you have a boot of the PF concert I went to?

I have seen the Pink Floyd '94 San Antonio floating around, But I currently do not have it in my collection (That will probably change in the near future)

Brian j.

kak125
11-12-2004, 12:05 PM
1. Metallica & Guns N Roses - My friend and I were at the Three Rivers Stadium up in the second level of seats talking about how we would do anything to get floor seats when a nice man and his son came up to us and asked if we would trade tickets with him. We ended up 13 rows back center floor and the show was amazing! Metallica rocked harder than I have ever heard a band rock before and Guns N Roses were kick a**. I was 14 at the time and it was my first concert and the first time I realized that chicks took off their tops to be on the jumbo screen. LOL.
2. Fleetwood Mac - The Dance Tour - September, 1997 Pittsburgh PA, Post Gazette Pavilion. I just watched The Dance on MTV and was blown away at these 5 wonderful musicians and the chemistry they still had. I bought the cd and went to the concert and never looked back since. Great, great show!!
3. Stevie Nicks - Enchanted Tour - June 6, 1998, Pittsburgh, PA, Post Gazette Pavilion. My first solo Stevie show ever. I had 9th row on the right side and got up front at the end and it was amazing. Outside the Rain made my night and I cried when I heard HAEWAFY. Stevie rocked the house!!
4. Stevie Nicks - Trouble In Shangri-la Tour July 6, 2001, Pittsburgh PA, Post Gazette Pavilion. I couldnt believe she opened the tour in my city. I love Stevie and Sheryl and this concert just blew me away. I will never forget the feeling I felt when the TISL opener started. AMAZING. Before the show I got the mail and noticed a package from Warner Brothers and found out that I won a Stevie autographed tambourine and lyric booklet. I almost cried I was soo excited.
5. Fleetwood Mac Say You Will Tour - May 10 Pittsburgh PA for the emotion of the experience. Say Goodbye was the best I have ever heard and Beautiful Child blew me away the first time I got to hear it live.
Fleetwood Mac - Say You Will Tour - September 20 Toronto. I got 2nd row seats 5 days before the show and then got my ticket signed by Lindsey at the show. The band rocked soo hard and it was great. I will never forget that show. Toronto was soo happy to have the Mac in their town.
Fleetwood Mac - Say You Will Tour - September 12, Camden NJ. Next to the last stop on the tour and it was the best I have ever heard of them. Each experience was different but this was the best. I got to hear Sara live and I almost lost it. That song is my life and I will never forget that moment. Long live the Mac.

skcin
11-12-2004, 12:25 PM

Well I'd have a lot more fun at show if it weren't for those damn meddling kids and their shenanigans...

Paula

wondergirl9847
11-12-2004, 12:26 PM
I saw that!! :wavey: You were maybe five feet away from me before they opened the gates, too -- why in the world didn't I say hi? I'm such a dork.

Yeah, why didn't you say hi!! Ah well, there's always the next FM concert, right? :)

The Dallas '04 show was memorable because my mom and I were in the 2nd row and we rushed up to the stage. My mom had a blast and we got LB's autograph on my OOTC and BN LP's.

skcin
11-12-2004, 12:28 PM
1. Metallica & Guns N Roses - My friend and I were at the Three Rivers Stadium up in the second level of seats talking about how we would do anything to get floor seats when a nice man and his son came up to us and asked if we would trade tickets with him. We ended up 13 rows back center floor and the show was amazing! Metallica rocked harder than I have ever heard a band rock before and Guns N Roses were kick a**. I was 14 at the time and it was my first concert and the first time I realized that chicks took off their tops to be on the jumbo screen. LOL.

I saw that tour at Rich Stadium in Buffalo (Orchard Park)when I was 16. I went with a bunch of friends, but it's a shame I remember the party in the parking lot more than the show. I was not that drunk/high (or was I...), but I barely remember being there. I'm pissed about that.

Paula

Neal
11-12-2004, 12:37 PM
1.) Fleetwood Mac: HP Pavilion, San Jose CA - 6/29/04. 5th row on the floor, best seats I've had for any FM/SN concert! :nod: I saw two '03 shows and two '04, and everything from the setlist to Stevies hair was better in 2004!

2.) Stevie Nicks: Shoreline Amphitheater, Mountain View CA - 8/98. 8th (9th?) row, center stage. First (but not last :o ) time I've ever gotten teary eyed at a concert...

3.) Fleetwood Mac: Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood CA - 10/97. Seats weren't so great; center stage, but almost halfway back (and HB is huge!) But it was my first Mac concert with Lindsey (and the ticket was free!) so I couldn't complain...

4.) Depeche Mode: Shoreline Amphitheater, Mountain View CA - 8/01. Probably not many DM fans here, but they put on one of the most amazing, intense live performances I've ever seen! :nod: I've never felt that much energy from a crowd; FM/SN shows included!

5.) Erasure: Civic Auditorium, San Francisco CA - 3/21/03. Ditto on this one. It was general admission, and I was right up against the stage and got to shake hands, get autographs, etc. All that stuff I've never been able to do at a Stevie show... :distress:

EveryHour
11-12-2004, 12:52 PM
3. Von Bondies & Auf Der Maur - Nashville, Tn (Sept. 2004)

Already a fan of The Bondies...how is Auf Der Maur? Haven't heard anything yet but am highly curious.

EveryHour
11-12-2004, 12:59 PM
2. All other FM concerts esp. Auburn, WA July '03

I seem to recall a particularly blazing version of Come that night.....

macmar71
11-12-2004, 05:46 PM
1.Lindsey Buckingham~~OOTC Tour New Britain,CT THe Sting March 25,1993~~General Admission~~Front row, got to shake his hand, touch him and his guitar and have him hover above me for two songs!! Loved that show so much!!!
2.Stevie Nicks~~Mix Fest Boston, Mass on the Common October 12, 1996~~Free General Admission~~Several acts that day~~it was cold but awesome to see Stevie outdoors and doing a mini set which included Twisted! I was up front and my friend videotaped the show!
3.Stevie Nicks~~Enchanted Tour Hartford,CT The Meadows May 27, 1998. From the third row~~Great opening act Boz Scaggs. Golden Braid, Sleeping Angel and Enchanted in the set was too cool! She looked great and the set was like a fairy tale.
4.Fleetwood Mac~~Say You Will Tour~~Of all five shows I saw ( three in 2003 and two in 2004), My favorite has to be on the sidelines close to Lindsey's side of the stage at the Arena At Harbor Yard here in Bridgeport, CT Sept. 27, 2003. Lindsey was really primed up and wild!
5.Journey~~Detour 2004~~Mohegan Sun Arena~~Uncasville,CT Sept. 1,2004. On the side lines, close to Jonathan Cain's side. I have loved them for years about as long as my Mac obsession. Finally got to see them. The drummer Deen Castronovo is a kick A$$ drummer and singer! Can't wait to see them again.

ontheEdgeof17
11-12-2004, 05:56 PM
I'm just doing 3 cuz I go to a lot of shows.....but these were my fav. :D

1. Fleetwood Mac: Live in Boston Private Taping 9/23/03

2. Madonna: Washington DC 6/04 (so hard to get those tickets!)

3. NSYNC: Pittsburgh PA 4/02

amber
11-12-2004, 06:00 PM
1.) Fleetwood Mac: HP Pavilion, San Jose CA - 6/29/04. 5th row on the floor, best seats I've had for any FM/SN concert! :nod: I saw two '03 shows and two '04, and everything from the setlist to Stevies hair was better in 2004!

Rock! My birthday concert! :thumbsup: Did you stay in a seat, or were you up at the stage?

mondaymornin1
11-12-2004, 06:11 PM
1. FM, Birmingham, Al, June 2003, front row directly in front of Stevie's mic and touched Liddy during GYOW!

2. FM, Nashville TN May 2004, 2nd row, stood at the stage near Liddy and got his autograph on my Tusk cd.

3. FM, Knoxville TN Sept. 2003, 6th row, the first show my daughter went to with me.

4. FM, Atlanta GA, Sept. 2003.

5. Stevie Nicks, Birmingham, Al, Enchanted tour, because she actually talked to the audience during the show...I mean, more than just 2 or 3 words at a time!! ;)

DeadliestPoison
11-12-2004, 06:45 PM
3. NSYNC: Pittsburgh PA 4/02
:laugh: Oh, Curtis. :wavey:

Anyway. I've only been to 4 concerts, but I only acknowledge 3 of them. So here goes.

1) FM @ Conseco Fieldhouse in IN... 6/24/03. It was really neat having it on Mick's Birthday.

2) Spice Girls! I forget the exact date, but it was in 1998 @ Deer Creek Music Center in Noblesville, IN. My first concert everrrrrr. <3<3<3

3) Nelly Furtado: April 7, 2002 @ the Murat Egyptian Room in Downtown IN. She's so SMALL. dhaskjfgaskjd. She had a bubble machine on during "I'm Like A Bird" and one of the bubbles popped on someone's eye :laugh:. And the pot. Oh, the pot. Hee.

amber
11-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Well I'd have a lot more fun at show if it weren't for those damn meddling kids and their shenanigans...

Paula
:lol: :laugh: :lol: good un

½ ¡Ñ§ÅñË ®
11-12-2004, 09:26 PM
Boston 1/7/79 Lakeland Civic Center, Lakeland, Florida. 7 of us spent two weeks partying and traveling from Key West up the East Coast to Daytona Beach writing bad checks.

Bob Segar 4/5/80 Tangerine Bowl, Orlando, Florida. Great show and crowd.

Heart 5/18/81 Tangerine Bowl. I got separated from friends and didn’t see them again for days.

Rolling Stones 10/25/81 Tangerine Bowl. Huge crowd of party animals.

Molly Hatchet 12/4/83 Tom’s Point After Lounge. Union Park, Florida. Coke, coke and more coke. I don’t remember what USFL Football team showed up but they started hitting on the local girls and a huge fight broke out. Police raid with dogs and teargas shot into the lounge. The good old days.

Bad Man Competition 4/6/84 Orlando Sports Arena. Beat the living **** out of a guy any way you want and it’s legal. Lots of beer and topless woman. Police raided the show and there was a riot. The arena never opened again.

Now to the real music.

Stevie Nicks w/ Peter Frampton 8/8/86 Ocean Center, Daytona Beach, Florida. A buddy and I met two women on the beach from California that had just returned from Columbia South America. They had a trash bag full of coca leaves. We hung out in front of The Ocean Deck Bar drinking beer, smoking and chewing on coca leaves all day. I’ve never screwed a woman for so long in my life. The concert was sold out and an amazing show. We chewed more leaves afterwards LOL.

Fleetwood Mac 11/4/87 Leon County Civic Center. Tallahassee, Florida. I bought a brand new truck that morning and drove 4 hours to the show. First concert totally straight. Didn’t want to wreck my truck. They rocked the place.

Stevie Nicks 9/8/01 Sovereign Center, Reading, PA. The first Stevie concert I’ve ever been to and understood how it felt to be enchanted by Stevie in a way only Stevie can. An elderly fellow walking outside asked me “What the hell just happened in there with a daze in his eyes. He was possessed and Stevie owned him LOL. It was the grand reopening for the center so the crowd was all ages. Super friendly town and good hearted people. God that was a great show. Stevie rocked that place to the bone. The next day the town was still in shock.

There were many concerts in between this list but I can’t remember a damn thing. Oh I know how to sneak into Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. Went to a lot of concerts there but only to get laid by horny young tourist girls. What is it about young girls on vacation? They so hawney. :shrug:

GODDESS6
11-12-2004, 09:32 PM
fleetwood mac~say you will~ july 2004 :] sioux city
fleetwood mac~say you will~ october 2003 :nod: omaha
stevie nicks~rock*a*little~ april 1986 :nod: lincoln
fleetwood mac~say you will~ october 2003 :nod: las vegas
stevie nicks~enchanted~ july 1998 :nod: bonner springs

brightest stevie blessings~ :xoxo:

skcin
11-12-2004, 09:33 PM
1/2 insane - I am extremely jealous of you.

Paula

PS - for all the great concerts you've been to, not the girls you've banged!

estranged4life
11-12-2004, 09:40 PM
I would have to add the May 1,1990 Queensryche/Suicidal Tendencies concert in Tulsa, OK (Expo Square Pavilion) to my list of concerts ya cant forget...Mainly cause Queensryche had an "offnight" and were so boring to watch (Even though they played "Operation:Mindcrime" in its entirety) that I walked on 'em as they played (Never happened before or since).

Suicidal Tendencies (With the future Metallica bassist Rob Trujillo) on the otherhand MURDERED the crowd, Talk about moshpit deluxe, The barriers in front of the stage were battered with fans trying to take flight to the stage. Hell I got the living **** kicked outta the back of my head (I saw stars!!!) by some a-hole's Doc Marten's as he tried to clear us front row 'bangers...So I had my bud's in security (Who the metalhead clique I hung with knew on a first name basis) lift me over the barrier to escape the madness that ensued to only discover I had some blood trickling down my head.

How I forgot this show is beyond me, Maybe still feeling some post-concussion syndrome :shrug:

Brian "\m/>_<\m/ Once a metal head...Always a metal head" j.

½ ¡Ñ§ÅñË ®
11-12-2004, 10:02 PM
[QUOTE=skcin]1/2 insane - I am extremely jealous of you.

Paula

[QUOTE]
I just counted all my ticket stubs. I keep the ones I didn’t lose in a book. From 1975-2003. 73 concerts. 8 Fleetwood Mac and 12 Stevie. Not including the Disney ones and concerts I used to go to at The Peabody Hotel in Orlando. They had sunset serenade shows every other weekend by the swimming pool. I saw Firefall, Hall+Oats, Billy Thorp, Foreigner, and a bunch of others at this place. Now I’m old and wrinkled. :rolleyes:

amber
11-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Boston 1/7/79 Lakeland Civic Center, Lakeland, Florida. 7 of us spent two weeks partying and traveling from Key West up the East Coast to Daytona Beach writing bad checks.

Bob Segar 4/5/80 Tangerine Bowl, Orlando, Florida. Great show and crowd.

Heart 5/18/81 Tangerine Bowl. I got separated from friends and didn’t see them again for days.

Rolling Stones 10/25/81 Tangerine Bowl. Huge crowd of party animals.

Molly Hatchet 12/4/83 Tom’s Point After Lounge. Union Park, Florida. Coke, coke and more coke. I don’t remember what USFL Football team showed up but they started hitting on the local girls and a huge fight broke out. Police raid with dogs and teargas shot into the lounge. The good old days.

Bad Man Competition 4/6/84 Orlando Sports Arena. Beat the living **** out of a guy any way you want and it’s legal. Lots of beer and topless woman. Police raided the show and there was a riot. The arena never opened again.

Now to the real music.

Stevie Nicks w/ Peter Frampton 8/8/86 Ocean Center, Daytona Beach, Florida. A buddy and I met two women on the beach from California that had just returned from Columbia South America. They had a trash bag full of coca leaves. We hung out in front of The Ocean Deck Bar drinking beer, smoking and chewing on coca leaves all day. I’ve never screwed a woman for so long in my life. The concert was sold out and an amazing show. We chewed more leaves afterwards LOL.

Fleetwood Mac 11/4/87 Leon County Civic Center. Tallahassee, Florida. I bought a brand new truck that morning and drove 4 hours to the show. First concert totally straight. Didn’t want to wreck my truck. They rocked the place.

Stevie Nicks 9/8/01 Sovereign Center, Reading, PA. The first Stevie concert I’ve ever been to and understood how it felt to be enchanted by Stevie in a way only Stevie can. An elderly fellow walking outside asked me “What the hell just happened in there with a daze in his eyes. He was possessed and Stevie owned him LOL. It was the grand reopening for the center so the crowd was all ages. Super friendly town and good hearted people. God that was a great show. Stevie rocked that place to the bone. The next day the town was still in shock.

There were many concerts in between this list but I can’t remember a damn thing. Oh I know how to sneak into Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. Went to a lot of concerts there but only to get laid by horny young tourist girls. What is it about young girls on vacation? They so hawney. :shrug:
OMIGOD, that was you!!??? :laugh: :lol: Jist kidding.

GODDESS6
11-12-2004, 10:30 PM

i was @ this same show!!!~

blessed be~

½ ¡Ñ§ÅñË ®
11-12-2004, 10:47 PM
OMIGOD, that was you!!??? :laugh: :lol: Jist kidding.“It could have been you sweet thang.” I had a few friends that worked for Disney. I’ve been in the tunnels underneath and know The Magic Kingdom like the back of my hand. There are a ****load of places to have sex there. I’m not sure if security is the same now, but my most memorable adventure was in the fake woods on The Jungle Cruise ride.

It was at night and I took this fine young darling behind a barrier and down into the fake woods. We walked into the woods further then I thought and started doing the Bubaaloo. A boat full of tourists came around the corner shining it’s light in the woods as part of the show. The light hit us screwing and the operator said “Sorry folks that’s not part of our show.” He sure kept that light shining on us though. Damn those were the fun years.

I hope you weren’t the one that gave me crabs. If it was you? “I’d like some more.”

Enough talk about sex. Lets talk about luvvv. :xoxo:

amber
11-12-2004, 11:02 PM
“It could have been you sweet thang.” I had a few friends that worked for Disney. I’ve been in the tunnels underneath and know The Magic Kingdom like the back of my hand. There are a ****load of places to have sex there. I’m not sure if security is the same now, but my most memorable adventure was in the fake woods on The Jungle Cruise ride.

It was at night and I took this fine young darling behind a barrier and down into the fake woods. We walked into the woods further then I thought and started doing the Bubaaloo. A boat full of tourists came around the corner shining it’s light in the woods as part of the show. The light hit us screwing and the operator said “Sorry folks that’s not part of our show.” He sure kept that light shining on us though. Damn those were the fun years.

I hope you weren’t the one that gave me crabs. If it was you? “I’d like some more.”

Enough talk about sex. Lets talk about luvvv. :xoxo:
:laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol:
Well, truthfully, since i was born in 74, it probably wasn't me...that does sound fun, though. good job. I've only expressed my outside tendencies in Chico... :lol:

77Rumours77
11-12-2004, 11:38 PM

i was @ this same show!!!~

blessed be~

AWESOME! I loved that show so much! I wish I could relive that moment!

golddustwoman77
11-13-2004, 11:57 AM
(1) Fleetwood Mac, Knoxville, TN, Sept. 2003---First time they had ever played K-Town. Front row in front of Lindsey, got my Buckingham Nicks album signed, talked to Lindsey, played his guitar, got his towel----best night of my life!!!!!!!!!!!

(2) Paul McCartney, Raleigh, NC, Oct. 2002, I saw Paul from the front row center with my best friend. WOW! I still can't believe I was that close to a Beatle. He still sounds fabulous; just like he always has!

(3) Fleetwood Mac, Memphis, TN, Nov. 1997, It was the reunion, of course. I was third row center at the Pyramid. It was magic!!!!!!!!!!!

(4) Fleetwood Mac, Nashville, TN, May 2004, Front row in front of Lindsey, got to talk to him, and he signed my Go Insane album. Great second time, front row experience.

(5) It is a tie: (a) Prince, Knoxville, TN, April 2004, I was on the 18th row, the concert was great. My friend and I went to the after party, and he came out into the crowd for awhile. We got to see him really, really close up. That was really cool.

and (b) Madonna, Atlanta, GA, July 2004, That concert was a real show. Besides Madonna herself, we had all these dancers, videos, elaborate stage construction, costumes, etc. That made it just even more amazing!!!!

ontheEdgeof17
11-13-2004, 12:13 PM
:laugh: Oh, Curtis. :wavey:

What?!?! I have no shame when it comes to my NSYNC love <3

:xoxo:

WelshWitchPMD
11-13-2004, 12:33 PM
These are all Mac related. I guess not any surprise.

1. Madison, WI May 8th 2004. It was my birthday. :woohoo: I had front row right in front of Lindsey. ;) I was his 'Come Girl" and I got his towel and it was just a great night over all :xoxo: despite the fact that I almost ran him over in the hotel driveway. :eek:

2. Phoenix, AZ Dec. 6th, 2001 This was the Stevie Nicks and Friends benefit for the Arizona Heart Institute. I had front row and it was my first front row show ever. I really got an eye full :shocked: ;) of Stevie! I got to meet her and get autographs after the show.

3. Los Angeles. CA July 12, 2003. This was my first trip to LA. I had attended the show the night before and had second row. I went to the box office the evening of the show and got front row! This was a dream come true. My seat was right in front of Stevie but I ditched her and stood in front of Lindsey. :laugh: He pointed me out during the show. I was embarassed but it was a good thing. I had no idea that I was going to be there so I did not bring anything to be signed. I had Lindsey sign my ticket. He did a really bad job and said " Gee, thats not very good is it"? DUH! I have that ticket right here on my computer desk.

4. Camden, NJ Sept 12, 2004 This was the next to the last show of the SYW tour and it was my last. It was very emotional show for the fans and for the band. Enough said.

5. Boston, MA March 1993 I am not 100% sure of the date. It was on a Friday I know that much. Lindsey on his OOTC tour. I was too shy to go up to the front so I was kind of in the middle but I had a great time. I had such a great time that I wanted to go to CT the next night but it was not meant to be. :(

WelshWitchPMD
11-13-2004, 12:42 PM
Honorable mention

Boston, MA Sept 23 and 24th

The first show was the LIB taping the next night was the actually show. I was near the front near LB on both nights. I played LB's guitar the second night for the first time. It is not in the video thankfully. They used the first night footage for that and I was totally squished that night. It is funny because on the LIB video you can a section of us die hard fans all together in the same row. On the second night we had to stay near out seats until we were let up around Rhiannon I think.

Chicago, IL Sept 15, 2003

Lindsey's Soundstage. Amazing! Can't believe that I was actually there. :) I am still waiting for the video Lindsey. :p

BTFLCHLD
11-14-2004, 10:24 AM
Fm (2)
Usfest (aka Mudfest)
Pink Floyd
Gnr
Journey

dissention
11-14-2004, 10:37 AM
In no particular order:

1. Fleetwood Mac, Hartford, CT 9/97- opening night of The Dance tour. Awesome show, everyone was spot on!

2. Jazz Passengers with Debbie Harry, '94 in New York- Very interesting show. A lot of improv and on-the-spot stuff; loved it.

3. Fleetwood Mac, Boston, MA 9/24/03- Best Mac show I've attended. The band and the crowd were both in overdrive.

4. Blondie, Boston, 5/04- All I can say is that it was fabulous. Awesome and rare songs and her voice is still pristine.

5. Aimee Mann, Northampton, MA, 9/00- LOVE her. Did almost every song from Magnolia, plus a bunch of old tunes. She's captivating.

WelshWitchPMD
11-14-2004, 10:41 AM
1. Fleetwood Mac, Hartford, CT 9/97- opening night of The Dance tour. Awesome show, everyone was spot on!

I was at this show, too. I had a better time at the 2 Mansfield shows right after however. Seating location has a lot to do with it.

dissention
11-14-2004, 11:08 AM
I was at this show, too. I had a better time at the 2 Mansfield shows right after however. Seating location has a lot to do with it.

That venue in Hartford sucks, but it has much better sound than the Mansfield one, IMO. Back in '97, I was so happy to be seeing them that I didn't really pay any attention to anything else. :laugh:

markolas
11-14-2004, 01:38 PM
I've never been to a concert :(

So, in lieu, I'd like to post a list of the top five concerts I wish I'd been to:

1. Stevie Nicks - Smirnoff Music Center - Dallas, TX - August 3, 2001
2. David Gray - The Backyard - Austin, TX - August 4, 2003
3. Fleetwood Mac - Century Tel Center - Bossier City, LA - August 9, 2003
4. Fleetwood Mac - Smirnoff Music Center - Dallas, TX - June 16, 2004
5. Various - Austin City Limits Music Festival - Austin, TX - September 17-19, 2004

greatdarkwing
11-16-2004, 02:02 PM
Jason, Pattie: Madison was the best concert. Just to be there to hear "Sara" "I Know Im Not Wrong" and the first/last "Dont let me down again"...priceless...

And yes, to see Pattie almost run over Lindsey in the parking lot was worth the airfare!

~Alex

estranged4life
11-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Jason, Pattie: Madison was the best concert. Just to be there to hear "Sara" "I Know Im Not Wrong" and the first/last "Dont let me down again"...priceless...

And yes, to see Pattie almost run over Lindsey in the parking lot was worth the airfare!

~Alex

the DVD of the Madison show is recommended :nod:

Brian j.

WelshWitchPMD
11-16-2004, 06:34 PM

~Alex

Alex, does the word accomplice mean anything to you? :p

I forgot to add that I did get to exchange a few words with Ms. Nicks that night and I do mean a few words. :nod: :woohoo:

Imagine80
11-16-2004, 10:48 PM
1. Paul McCartney - Madison Square Garden - April 27, 2002 (the greatest day of my entire life...however it might be topped when he tours next summer!!!!!!)

2. Fleetwood Mac - Tweeter Center Camden, NJ - Sept. 12, 2004 got to shake hands with Lindsey!!!

3. Stevie Nicks - Sovereign Center Reading, PA - Sept 8, 2001

4. Fleetwood Mac - HersheyPark Stadium - June 12, 2004

5. John Mayer and The Counting Crows - Tweeter Center Camden, NJ

shackin'up
11-17-2004, 06:25 AM
1. FM Oklahoma City july 1st 2003. Still crying.
2. Eels/Screaming Trees (december 93/94???)
3. FM London 29 november 2003. Standing next to Neil (nodmod) and right in front of Lindsey.....(sharon, have we actually met?????)
4. Pearl Jam pinkpop 1992 What an energy, what a voice, what a songs!!!
5. Drivin'n'Cryin' Nijmegen 1992 Still suffering from headache due to bangin' after a heartwrenching first acoustic countyrockset, they plugged in and rocked out like AC/DC in their best years, except that these songs were a lot better.

Vianna
11-17-2004, 07:36 AM
Let's see:

Fleetwood Mac-The Dance 1997-first time I saw Lindsey live!!!!!
Fleetwood Mac-Say You Will tour
Moody Blues tour 1987 or so
CSN
Springsteen 1984 and 85
Paul McCartney

dissention
11-17-2004, 09:01 AM
Blondie - Shepherd's Bush Empire November 2003
Although I was sad they didn't play Union City Blue :(

I have a DVD of that show somewhere and it was awesome (even though I haven't watched the whole thing yet)! The songs I wanted to hear most on the current tour were Golden Rod, War Child, Shayla, and Union City Blue. I never did get to hear Golden Rod, dammit, but War Child rocks.

cliffdweller
11-17-2004, 10:44 AM
David Bowie: Feb '04 Phoenix, AZ

Heart: August '04 Austin

Fleetwood Mac: July 03' Dallas

Cheap Trick: 03' Austin

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds: '03 Austin

Stevie Nicks: '02 Dallas (although the crowd SUCKED at this show, I still managed to enjoy myself. If Stevie had been a lesser perfomer it would have been a terrible experience.)

The Hives: SXSW '04

The B-52's: SXSW '04

dissention
11-17-2004, 10:50 AM

Oy, how could I forget him? All of the Bowie concerts I've been to have been mind-blowing, he gets better with age!!!!!!!!

Livia
11-17-2004, 11:00 AM

Heart: August '04 Austin

Fleetwood Mac: July 03' Dallas

Cheap Trick: 03' Austin

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds: '03 Austin

Stevie Nicks: '02 Dallas (although the crowd SUCKED at this show, I still managed to enjoy myself. If Stevie had been a lesser perfomer it would have been a terrible experience.)

The Hives: SXSW '04

The B-52's: SXSW '04

Let's see, 1, 2, 3. I was at 3 of those! Heart, FM and Stevie. :wavey:

flyfirefly
11-17-2004, 02:26 PM
Already a fan of The Bondies...how is Auf Der Maur? Haven't heard anything yet but am highly curious.

Auf Der Maur - not that great. I saw them twice this year, at that show and at the Curiousa Festival. Don't get me wrong, Melissa Auf Der Maur is an awesome bassist, and not a bad singer, she just doesn't hold your attention very well, her lyrics leave a lot to be desired, etc. It wasn't awful, but you know...it wasn't great.

SuzeQuze
11-17-2004, 06:47 PM
First few are in order the rest are random.

1. FM Live in Boston show for DVD, I managed to get up front in front of Stevie's mic with just 2 pp in front of me. I still can't believe it! What a magical night.

2. Stevie during Enchanted tour in July '98 in Phoenix for AHI benefit. The AHI folks had not worked out the kinks yet and I did NOT get to meet Stevie at the after party which was the whole reason I went! However, the show was amazing because I had a front row seat. Stevie came to take my hand first during Edge and grabbed both of them, wowza!!

3. Woodstock '94. Most memorable were Melissa Etheridge, Sheryl Crow, Joe Cocker (was right up front, crazy!), and the bad ass Metallica who no one could touch. Their sound was incredible. That was no accident because their sound check was like a half hour long, they are pros. Also, the first thing I saw when I got there was Jackyl on stage and the lead singer had his pants around his ankles. No, I'm not kidding. I was like, "I'm at Woodstock, man." Hehe.

4. Susan Tedeschi at the Ranch House (we call it the Raunch House). This is a dive bar on the south shore of MA but she packed the place and the energy was crazy, you just knew things were really going to happen for her. I forget the year cuz I'm terrible with linear time (a quality I share with La Nicks) but the following year I saw her at the Fleet Boston pavilion which is significantly larger and more prestigious!!

5. Heart this summer at Fleet Boston. Ann can still wail, Nancy is still smokin and can play her ass off. That show was sooooo good.

6. Nancy Wilson solo, it was such an intimate show at the Paradise. It was surreal to see her in a tiny venue!!

7. No Doubt at Avalon in Boston. Again a small club and you just knew Gwen was going to be huge. The energy was crazy!! I made it down front but I was wearing clogs, which I didn't think would be a problem. Until the band started and everyone started jumping up and down! I was like, "What the?" I felt so old!

8. Joan Osbourne, again at Avalon. The woman has soul.

9. Guns n Roses and Sound Garden in the early 90s. We waited for 2 hours for Guns to start. Meanwhile the camera operators kept the crowd entertained by encouraging women to flash. That was different. I thought Chris Cornell was a total freak. That was when he had the long hair and all the facial hair. He did this thing where he whipped his head around in a circle and his hair was going all over the place, he looked positively demonic!!!

10. Monsters of Rock back in the day. I loved Scorpions and could not believe how good they sounded. Even though they were kind of a cheesy band, their sound was really great and I always loved that singer's voice. I did almost pass out from the heat though, man was it hot that day! And I was so cool in the back of my friend's tranny, hehe. Crazy days, man.

11. Tom Petty at the Fleet Center a couple of years ago. He is soo awesome live you have to see him. And he has such heart.

I've been to TONS of shows!

Livia
11-18-2004, 12:03 PM
I feel VERY lucky to have either attended the exact same shows (Dallas with Gerald, FM in London), or seen some of the other bands mentioned on the same tour.

Since we're going past 5 - I've got a few more:

1. Pearl Jam opening for the Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Coliseum, Austin, TX - 1991-ish? Eddie Vedder climbed up the scaffolding like a monkey. This was when a lot of people had not even heard of Pearl Jam.

2. Guns and Roses-1991-The only truly sold out show I've ever attended at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin. Our seats were behind the stage. We saw Axl Rose changing clothes, and his tighty-whities! I circled around the entire arena during Live and Let Die. Good times.

3. Def Leppard's first US tour, opening for the Scorpions and Ted Nugent. WOW!

cliffdweller
11-18-2004, 12:10 PM
2. Guns and Roses-1991-The only truly sold out show I've ever attended at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin. Our seats were behind the stage. We saw Axl Rose changing clothes, and his tighty-whities! I circled around the entire arena during Live and Let Die. Good times.

Was that the tour with Faith No More? My husband saw that show (mainly for Metallica and F.N.M.) and said that Axl acted like a spoiled brat and left the stage refusing to play the rest of the set for some stupid, minor thing. GNR was a great band, too bad they couldn't hold it together.

cliffdweller
11-18-2004, 12:11 PM
Let's see, 1, 2, 3. I was at 3 of those! Heart, FM and Stevie. :wavey:

:laugh: great minds think alike!

Livia
11-18-2004, 12:17 PM
Was that the tour with Faith No More? My husband saw that show (mainly for Metallica and F.N.M.) and said that Axl acted like a spoiled brat and left the stage refusing to play the rest of the set for some stupid, minor thing. GNR was a great band, too bad they couldn't hold it together.

No, they definitely played their whole set. I don't remember who opened?

GNR is STILL a great BAND. They're called Velvet Revolver now. :lol:

skcin
11-18-2004, 04:24 PM
GNR is STILL a great BAND. They're called Velvet Revolver now. :lol:

You said it sistah! :nod:

Paula

Livia
11-18-2004, 05:58 PM
They also have a great sense of humor - check out what they did on Halloween in Little Rock! :laugh:

SuzeQuze
11-18-2004, 06:32 PM
They also have a great sense of humor - check out what they did on Halloween in Little Rock! :laugh:

Dude, that's effin great, is that Weiland as Axl?

Livia
11-18-2004, 06:35 PM
Yep! Love his attitude in the pic! It would have been even more hilarious if they'd opened with "Welcome to the Jungle."

SuzeQuze
11-18-2004, 06:39 PM
Yep! Love his attitude in the pic! It would have been even more hilarious if they'd opened with "Welcome to the Jungle."

LOL! I just sent to my bro, he's all about GnR, they are his FM. Thanks for sharing!

estranged4life
11-18-2004, 07:42 PM
LOL! I just sent to my bro, he's all about GnR, they are his FM. Thanks for sharing!

same here except I am the GNR freak...Still like the old version of the band, But the new version sounds fine too!

I saw that review of the Halloween show on a metalsite I post on and it was a classic hilarious bit to dress as GNR Mark 2

Brian "Chinese Democracy in Feb 2005?" j.

estranged4life
11-18-2004, 07:52 PM
9. Guns n Roses and Sound Garden in the early 90s. We waited for 2 hours for Guns to start. Meanwhile the camera operators kept the crowd entertained by encouraging women to flash. That was different. I thought Chris Cornell was a total freak. That was when he had the long hair and all the facial hair. He did this thing where he whipped his head around in a circle and his hair was going all over the place, he looked positively demonic!!!

happened at nearly all of the 1991-1992 US tour stops...

The cool thing is that some shows were recorded professionally for the band to use, Such as the OKC '92 show (I love this show, Axl was in a great mood and even sung a few verses of the song "Oklahoma" from the musical)...Which has about 40 minutes of "Boob" shots before GNR took the stage to "It's So Easy" & played for almost 3 hours. This show was the ONLY post-AFD headline show GNR EVER played where "Welcome To The Jungle" was not included in the set (Due to a technical snafu)

The funny thing was the opening act in OKC, Unlike cities where Soundgarden, Skid Row & Faith No More were the opening act, the OKC show openers were a then unknown group from Chicago named the Smashing Pumpkins (!!!)

Brian "A former GNR website moderator" j.

SuzeQuze
11-19-2004, 11:30 AM
happened at nearly all of the 1991-1992 US tour stops...

The cool thing is that some shows were recorded professionally for the band to use, Such as the OKC '92 show (I love this show, Axl was in a great mood and even sung a few verses of the song "Oklahoma" from the musical)...Which has about 40 minutes of "Boob" shots before GNR took the stage to "It's So Easy" & played for almost 3 hours. This show was the ONLY post-AFD headline show GNR EVER played where "Welcome To The Jungle" was not included in the set (Due to a technical snafu)

The funny thing was the opening act in OKC, Unlike cities where Soundgarden, Skid Row & Faith No More were the opening act, the OKC show openers were a then unknown group from Chicago named the Smashing Pumpkins (!!!)

Brian "A former GNR website moderator" j.

Kewwwl. I do like GnR too. I failed to mention that their show totally KICKED ASS. Axl was in a good mood that night too and he ran all over the stage in his little biker shorts, ahhhhh, them were the days ;)

Dreammms
11-19-2004, 12:14 PM
Kewwwl. I do like GnR too. I failed to mention that their show totally KICKED ASS. Axl was in a good mood that night too and he ran all over the stage in his little biker shorts, ahhhhh, them were the days ;)

I saw GNR too. They were touring with Metallica. They were awesome. Both of them. The only thing is GNR cut the concert alittle short because someone threw a bottle onto the stage. Axl wasn't happy about that. :distress:

SuzeQuze
11-19-2004, 12:30 PM
I saw GNR too. They were touring with Metallica. They were awesome. Both of them. The only thing is GNR cut the concert alittle short because someone threw a bottle onto the stage. Axl wasn't happy about that. :distress:

What a jackass. I hope the people around him saw him do it and kicked his ass! ;) Axl did a lot of talking that night. A lot of it was political. Of course I don't remember a word, should have taken notes!