PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Pleasures

Dreammms
11-11-2004, 10:06 AM
What are some of your guilty pleasures?

mondaymornin1
11-11-2004, 10:17 AM
Candles by the Yankee Candle Company. Right now I've got Pumpkin Pie and Christmas Cookie in my kitchen. Yum! And I've got a pile of them on my Christmas wish list. They're kinda expensive, but they make my house smell so gooooood!!

And, I might as well own stock in Bath and Body Works.....

GateandGarden
11-11-2004, 10:39 AM
Celine Dion and Gloria Estefan :nod:

And lately, fried wontons.

Hillary

Gypsy-Rhiannon
11-11-2004, 10:42 AM
Chocolate...

Alison
11-11-2004, 10:42 AM
Pudding and chocolate.
going to garage sales and looking for lp's of music that I had in the seventies.

DrummerDeanna
11-11-2004, 10:57 AM
-Mixing Jif Peanut Butter with chocolote syrup to make a pb/choco goo - then I eat it...mmm...hahah...my chocolate addiction is a bit excessive....

-Little House on the Prairie

-Late night HOT baths with a good book....:nod:

ontheEdgeof17
11-11-2004, 11:00 AM
New Kids on the Block
Care Bears
The WB
Message Boards

...and I like to watch all the action outside my window....I'm nosey.

ThePenguin
11-11-2004, 11:12 AM
Ice cream. Almost every night. Great for my high cholesterol. :shocked:
Sunkist Pistachios (all other brands are nasty)
Chocolate
Anything FMac related

-Lis

DrummerDeanna
11-11-2004, 11:13 AM
New Kids on the Block

Seriously??

Neal
11-11-2004, 11:50 AM
Candles by the Yankee Candle Company. Right now I've got Pumpkin Pie and Christmas Cookie in my kitchen. Yum! And I've got a pile of them on my Christmas wish list. They're kinda expensive, but they make my house smell so gooooood!!

I worked for Yankee Candle part time last year! :wavey: Employees get 50% off, so I made sure I was stocked up for life before quitting! :nod:

DeadliestPoison
11-11-2004, 11:57 AM
The Spice Girls, and all their solo endeavours.

dissention
11-11-2004, 11:59 AM
Crab rangoons and Desperate Housewives. :angel:

Gypsy-Rhiannon
11-11-2004, 12:03 PM
George Clooney... :xoxo:

dissention
11-11-2004, 12:05 PM
I worked for Yankee Candle part time last year! :wavey: Employees get 50% off, so I made sure I was stocked up for life before quitting! :nod:

I worked at the flagship store here in MA and if anyone can handle working there, no smell will bother them ever again in life. :laugh: The Midnight scented candles made me vomit almost every day, they were horrid. My favorite was Buttercream...mmmmmm. The discount certainly helped. :nod: It was a workout, though, because the place is absolutely huuuuuuuuuuuge. I worked at the dye-your-own-candle booth for one day and never did it again, it was a total pain in the ass. Loved seeing and stocking Christmas stuff year round, though. :thumbsup:

And the restaurant had divine food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gldstwmn
11-11-2004, 12:09 PM
Cheez Its :cool:

Dreammms
11-11-2004, 12:42 PM
New Kids on the Block

i like them too LOL
:)

ShamHy89
11-11-2004, 12:52 PM
I worked at the flagship store here in MA and if anyone can handle working there, no smell will bother them ever again in life.
What town is that in? I've only ever been to the one in Deerfield...and I agree, the infusion of all the smells are migraine inducing after a while.
I worked at the dye-your-own-candle booth for one day and never did it again, it was a total pain in the ass.
:laugh: I still have my "dye-your-own" candles from when I was 5! We used to go to see all the Christmas decorations, admire the train, sit on Santa's lap, and get a Honeydew Melon candle. That was always my mom's favorite.

Thanks for the memories you guys!

Shamus

David
11-11-2004, 12:54 PM

And, I might as well own stock in Bath and Body Works.....Or you might as well own stock in Yankee. I bought in a year or two back at $19.50 a share, & it's been climbing steadily to around $30 ever since.

Who needs high-tech when you have wax?!

SuzeQuze
11-11-2004, 12:55 PM
Crab Rangoon, after all the talk on here about them I had them on Fri. There is a gourmet Chinese restaurant in my 'hood that is to die for.

Cake. I've been baking cakes lately and I made this homemade frosting from butter and bittersweet chocolate <drools> and it is divine.

Stevie!

This board, good grief I need to get off of it.

Desperate Housewives, I'm with y'all, I'm hooked.

TV in general, I'm an addict.

dissention
11-11-2004, 01:05 PM
What town is that in? I've only ever been to the one in Deerfield...and I agree, the infusion of all the smells are migraine inducing after a while.

It's the one in Deerfield. :) Great store, but the smells and the enormous crowds killed me on a daily basis. And their overtime policies suck teabags!

:laugh: I still have my "dye-your-own" candles from when I was 5! We used to go to see all the Christmas decorations, admire the train, sit on Santa's lap, and get a Honeydew Melon candle. That was always my mom's favorite.

Thanks for the memories you guys!

Shamus

I was always so pissed at how my candles came out. If you wanted them to look nice, you could only dye each half one color and I thought that sucked. :laugh: I was an unhappy child. :laugh:

dissention
11-11-2004, 01:07 PM
Crab Rangoon, after all the talk on here about them I had them on Fri. There is a gourmet Chinese restaurant in my 'hood that is to die for.

Chinatown in Boston has the best FRESH crab rangoons you'll ever taste. You have to fry them at home, but they are to die for. I could eat crab rangoons for every meal. ;)

Neal
11-11-2004, 01:07 PM
I worked at the flagship store here in MA and if anyone can handle working there, no smell will bother them ever again in life. :laugh: The Midnight scented candles made me vomit almost every day, they were horrid. My favorite was Buttercream...mmmmmm. The discount certainly helped. :nod: It was a workout, though, because the place is absolutely huuuuuuuuuuuge. I worked at the dye-your-own-candle booth for one day and never did it again, it was a total pain in the ass. Loved seeing and stocking Christmas stuff year round, though. :thumbsup:

OMG, you lucky bastard! ;) Last Christmas the manager wanted to beat one of the other stores, so she agreed to take whoever had the highest sales in the store with her to Deerfield the following January if we won. I was in first place but thanks to a return, ended up in second by only 2 dollars and some change!!! :distress: So she offered to split the airfare with me (she was definitely the coolest person I've ever worked with!) but unfortunately I had to quit, so things didn't work out.

And I have six jars of Garden Cucumber under my bed. :nod:

SuzeQuze
11-11-2004, 01:16 PM
Chinatown in Boston has the best FRESH crab rangoons you'll ever taste. You have to fry them at home, but they are to die for. I could eat crab rangoons for every meal. ;)

Do you buy them at a Chinese grocery? This sounds good, my roommate loves them too so I would get points for getting these.

wondergirl9847
11-11-2004, 01:42 PM
Love NKOTB. :thumbsup:

Keith Urban's new album is getting major rotation lately, it's 100% perfection. I am seriously addicted to him.

Lost (and Josh Holloway) is my new obsession. It's sick, really. LOL

Chocolate is a weakness...along with Doritos, Cheetos, Nachos (anything that ends with os, apparently. LOL), Lemon-lime Gatorade, Snickers, Oreos, mint-flavored, well....anything, Heath ice cream bars, and along with Chris, I am loving the Sour Cream and Onion flavored Cheez-Its. Mmmm....

*goes to kitchen to get some grub*

tuigirl
11-11-2004, 01:56 PM

What the heck are they?

SuzeQuze
11-11-2004, 02:04 PM
What the heck are they?

Crab and cream cheese mixed with spices, wrapped in a wonton (like a ravioli) and deep fried, mm mmm. :thumbsup:

The Tower
11-11-2004, 02:06 PM
New Kids on the Block

You just wanna get in on with Joey McIntyre.... then again so do I. I could lick him from the tip of his toes to the top of his beautiful blue-eyed head. It SO sucks that he's a hard-core Catholic.... :mad:

Oh well... but jeezus he's yummy.

:blob2: :blob2:

DrummerDeanna
11-11-2004, 02:19 PM
You just wanna get in on with Joey McIntyre.... then again so do I. I could lick him from the tip of his toes to the top of his beautiful blue-eyed head. It SO sucks that he's a hard-core Catholic.... :mad:

Oh well... but jeezus he's yummy.

:blob2: :blob2:

He IS? haha..he was my favorite New Kid - had a big ole Joey crush...awww...we could go to church together :laugh:

Anyway - interesting to see folks popping up with New Kids..

I recently when to a used cd shop and looked for some of their stuff (my old tapes are long gone and I've not heard them in years...) I was going to take a trip down memory lane :laugh:

estranged4life
11-11-2004, 03:40 PM
Music...And mass amounts of it.

Brian j.

ps-Surprised the females here havent tried the Chocalate flavored Beer (!!!) that is the newest craze.

dissention
11-11-2004, 03:44 PM
Do you buy them at a Chinese grocery? This sounds good, my roommate loves them too so I would get points for getting these.

Yeah, you can get them at Chinese grocery stores, too. They look like perogies. :) They're easing to make from scratch, too. Just take 8 ounces of crabmeat, 8 ounces of cream cheese, whatever spices you want to add, and put them in wanton wrappers (you can get those very cheaply at Chinese food stores).

HomerMcvie
11-11-2004, 03:46 PM
Dammit, you've got me drooling now! I LOVE crab rangoons! Looks like it's Chinese tonight. :nod:
Other guilty pleasures would be:
Fine wine(or not so fine :lol: )
Anything(almost) FM.
NTN Trivia (Okay, I'm kind of a nerd).

amber
11-11-2004, 03:49 PM
Crab and cream cheese mixed with spices, wrapped in a wonton (like a ravioli) and deep fried, mm mmm. :thumbsup:
Just had a box meself last night :thumbsup: They're kind of expensive, but if they weren't, I could eat them fairly constantly.

SuzeQuze
11-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Dammit, you've got me drooling now! I LOVE crab rangoons! Looks like it's Chinese tonight. :nod:
Other guilty pleasures would be:
Fine wine(or not so fine :lol: )
Anything(almost) FM.
NTN Trivia (Okay, I'm kind of a nerd).

If you have Trader Joe's check out Charles Shaw merlot, it is really good at 3 bucks a bottle! :] :blob1: :] It is nicknamed 2 Buck Chuck cuz that is what it costs in Cali before shipping.

HomerMcvie
11-11-2004, 04:07 PM
If you have Trader Joe's check out Charles Shaw merlot, it is really good at 3 bucks a bottle! :] :blob1: :] It is nicknamed 2 Buck Chuck cuz that is what it costs in Cali before shipping.
We don't have Trader Joe's here. :confused: . In a pinch, the Franzia 5 liter box of Merlot will do. $8.99 :xoxo: I have quite a few bottles of "date" wine here. Unfortunately, they gather alot of dust! Fortunately, for myself, I'm a pretty cheap date! :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wondergirl9847
11-11-2004, 04:40 PM
He IS? haha..he was my favorite New Kid - had a big ole Joey crush...awww...we could go to church together :laugh:

I believe Joey Mac is married now. I bought a copy of Stay the Same when it was an independent release...so that's pretty cool. I bought the professional release too, along with Meet Joe Mac and his live CD. I didn't get the latest one yet tho.

I lost respect for Jordan when I met him and more after seeing him on The Surreal Life. Yeesh. Jon still rules. :)

DrummerDeanna
11-11-2004, 04:42 PM
I believe Joey Mac is married now. I bought a copy of Stay the Same when it was an independent release...so that's pretty cool. I bought the professional release too, along with Meet Joe Mac and his live CD. I didn't get the latest one yet tho.

I lost respect for Jordan when I met him and more after seeing him on The Surreal Life. Yeesh. Jon still rules. :)

Damn :mad: And I just found out that Fred Savage recently got married....and Macaulay Culkin is all F--Ked...so damn...there go all of my childhood crushes...:(

macmar71
11-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Rice Pudding

Flannel Sheets

Boxer Shorts

A good suspense book

DeadliestPoison
11-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Ugh, cream cheese. Excuse me as I throw up everything I've ever eaten.

golddustwoman77
11-11-2004, 04:53 PM
:D (1) Music, through my headphones, especially vinyl (2)Pink Bubble Gum Ice Cream from Baskin Robbins (3) Good Wine---my favorite is a California Dolcetto from Viansa Winery in Sonoma, CA or a Pinot Grigio. (4) Bubble Baths in Victoria Secret's Vanilla Lace scent and with candles around the tub. (5) Candles--I love Yankee Candles too!!!!, especially Buttercream or Home Interior candles, especially Grandma's Cookies. (5) Magazines---I'm a magazine nut. I love Uncut, Mojo, Cosmo, Glamour, Lucky, and Marie Claire.

ShamHy89
11-11-2004, 05:08 PM
Ugh, cream cheese. Excuse me as I throw up everything I've ever eaten.
Mmm, cream cheese. Excuse me as I purchase a Dunkin Donuts bagel :p

Shamus

dissention
11-11-2004, 05:09 PM
Damn :mad: And I just found out that Fred Savage recently got married....and Macaulay Culkin is all F--Ked...so damn...there go all of my childhood crushes...:(

Have you seen "Saved" with Culkin? One of my new favorite movies, it's hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!

dissention
11-11-2004, 05:10 PM
Mmm, cream cheese. Excuse me as I purchase a Dunkin Donuts bagel :p

Shamus

The chive cream cheese from Dunkin Donuts is to die for. I tried the salmon cream cheese once and got sick, though. :laugh:

DrummerDeanna
11-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Have you seen "Saved" with Culkin? One of my new favorite movies, it's hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, but it's totally on my "to rent" list....ooh...I think I just made plans for my weekend...I'm totally going to rent it!!! I was wondering what to do now that I've flown through Season Six of Little House :laugh:

dissention
11-11-2004, 05:21 PM
No, but it's totally on my "to rent" list....ooh...I think I just made plans for my weekend...I'm totally going to rent it!!! I was wondering what to do now that I've flown through Season Six of Little House :laugh:

You won't be disappointed! Eva Amuri (Susan Sarandon's daughter) is a hoot!

Serrart
11-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Milk Chocolate with puffed rice :D

Ridiculous marathons of movies, especially directed by Asian directors

Endless playlists with FM & Stevie music

Cold Tea

Supplì (balls made of rice with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese in the middle)

Romy

The Tower
11-11-2004, 05:32 PM
....and Macaulay Culkin is all F--Ked...so damn...there go all of my childhood crushes...:(

I could definitely handle a three way with Joe Mac and Mac Culkin!!

Sorry- I'm in kind of a horny mood today.....

:laugh: :laugh:

SuzeQuze
11-11-2004, 05:56 PM
I could definitely handle a three way with Joe Mac and Mac Culkin!!

Sorry- I'm in kind of a horny mood today.....

:laugh: :laugh:

Is Rick Schroeder married? I love him. :D

The Tower
11-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Is Rick Schroeder married? I love him. :D

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

He really bugs me big time. Oh well.... I had a good one going there for awhile.

Let's see if I can get it back.........

Ummmm...... Christian Bale and Brendan Fraser!! Okay, I'm fine now.

:blob2: :blob1: :blob2:

ontheEdgeof17
11-11-2004, 06:08 PM
Reading Tower's recent posts has been a guilty pleasure.....

:angel:

estranged4life
11-11-2004, 06:09 PM
and Macaulay Culkin is all F--Ked...so damn...there go all of my childhood crushes...:(

Macaulay Culkin in "How I served time in a OKC jail", What a R'tard...The WORSE state in the US of A to be caught with drugs is Oklahoma, So I will really be surprised if he DOESNT get jail time (Being a celeb wont save yer ass here).

Brian j.

SuzeQuze
11-11-2004, 06:11 PM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

He really bugs me big time. Oh well.... I had a good one going there for awhile.

Let's see if I can get it back.........

Ummmm...... Christian Bale and Brendan Fraser!! Okay, I'm fine now.

:blob2: :blob1: :blob2:

U like Culkin but Schroeder bugs u? To each their own I guess. "Two silver spoons togetheeeeeeeeeer" :cool:

SuzeQuze
11-11-2004, 06:20 PM
Yeah, you can get them at Chinese grocery stores, too. They look like perogies. :) They're easing to make from scratch, too. Just take 8 ounces of crabmeat, 8 ounces of cream cheese, whatever spices you want to add, and put them in wanton wrappers (you can get those very cheaply at Chinese food stores).

Thanks Diss. For spices, I'm thinking garlic and scallions, mmmm :]

GODDESS6
11-11-2004, 07:33 PM
all this crab rangoon talk is making me soooo hungry, god i love those!!!~ :nod:
guilty pleasures: hhmmmmm...
most definitely chocolate
desperate houswives
& geez i am a freak 4 yankee candles also, my fav is called witch's brew!!! :thumbsup: ~
DELISH!!!~

blessed be~

SuzeQuze
11-12-2004, 10:27 AM
Rick Springfield! I kept thinking of him but I wouldn't admit it yesterday. But then he showed up on an entertainment magazine show last nite as a crush of one of the hosts. Dayum!

cliffdweller
11-12-2004, 12:09 PM
The Lifetime Network---oh lawd, it's BAAAAAAD! I'm a Golden Girls and Designing Women junkie.

Shopping---I can't stop, someone seriously needs to take my credit cards away.

Journey---A cheesey yet amazing band. How can this be possible? :laugh:

EveryHour
11-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Ice cream. Almost every night. Great for my high cholesterol. :shocked:

Oooh...what are some of your faves?

EveryHour
11-12-2004, 01:07 PM
Message Boards

:laugh: Good one.

Journey, to name one.

EveryHour
11-12-2004, 01:10 PM

:laugh: I didn't see this before I posted, cliffdweller.

Exactly. Sometimes I can realize how cheesy it is (but still loving it for that), and other times I get all serious about it. Hopefully even Journey-bashers can recognize that Perry's voice is beyond amazing. :nod:

Livia
11-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Those ready to bake cookies - the chocolate chip w/ walnuts. Sometimes I put a dollop of peanut butter on them. Sometimes I make an ice cream sandwich, and sometimes I put one cookie in a bowl, w/ ice cream, nuts and chocolate syrup. Yum!

Yeah, message boards. :lol:

When a movie I've seen 20 times comes on TV, and I'll watch it again anyway and try to recite the lines before the actor says 'em. Urban Cowboy's a good one for that, so is When Harry Met Sally.

The Tower
11-12-2004, 02:33 PM
Exactly. Sometimes I can realize how cheesy it is (but still loving it for that), and other times I get all serious about it. Hopefully even Journey-bashers can recognize that Perry's voice is beyond amazing.

Infinity and Evolution are really, really great albums that I would not place in the "guilty" pleasure column.

Now, having said that- "Departure", "Frontiers", "Raised on Radio" and their current dinosaur-touring-band/wanna-be-headlining-with-REO-Speedwagon is kind of embarrassing....

amber
11-12-2004, 02:38 PM
I would have to count that as a guilty pleasure myself. Esp. Wheel in the Sky (which i don't feel quite as guilty about) and City by the Bay, i have to sing that one part :p (NAYAAAAAOOOW, AAAAOWWW, THEY'S BEEN MAWWOWNINS, AOWOH-OH-OH, WITHOUT YOU, WITHOUT...) ha, i feel guilty typing it.

DrummerDeanna
11-12-2004, 02:38 PM
Those ready to bake cookies - the chocolate chip w/ walnuts. Sometimes I put a dollop of peanut butter on them. Sometimes I make an ice cream sandwich, and sometimes I put one cookie in a bowl, w/ ice cream, nuts and chocolate syrup. Yum!

oooh yeah....ready to bake cookies.....definitely a weakness here....cookie roll as I call it....chocolate chip - even though you're technically not supposed to eat the raw dough...I'm pretty sure I end up eating more of that than the actual cookies....

hmm...think I know what I'll be eating this weekend...:nod:

amber
11-12-2004, 02:39 PM
When a movie I've seen 20 times comes on TV, and I'll watch it again anyway and try to recite the lines before the actor says 'em. Urban Cowboy's a good one for that, so is When Harry Met Sally.
:thumbsup:
It's A Few Good Men, for me!

SuzeQuze
11-12-2004, 02:57 PM
oooh yeah....ready to bake cookies.....definitely a weakness here....cookie roll as I call it....chocolate chip - even though you're technically not supposed to eat the raw dough...I'm pretty sure I end up eating more of that than the actual cookies....

hmm...think I know what I'll be eating this weekend...:nod:

There's a brand called 600 lb Gorilla that is soooooooo goood!!! <slurp>

DrummerDeanna
11-12-2004, 03:08 PM
There's a brand called 600 lb Gorilla that is soooooooo goood!!! <slurp>

hmm...I'm not sure I could eat a brand with "600lb " in its name :laugh:

Where is it available? I've never heard of that brand...

Well - my weekend at home has been thwarted....I just got two tickets to the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra's Salute to Gershwin...Im SO excited...but now have to find someone to take....that's the hard part...

rbs3676
11-12-2004, 03:16 PM

Yeah, Mommie Dearest, Grease, The Exorcist and Willy Wonka are all good ones for that, too! :laugh:

SuzeQuze
11-12-2004, 03:28 PM
hmm...I'm not sure I could eat a brand with "600lb " in its name :laugh:

Where is it available? I've never heard of that brand...

Well - my weekend at home has been thwarted....I just got two tickets to the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra's Salute to Gershwin...Im SO excited...but now have to find someone to take....that's the hard part...

It's frozen so check the frozen desserts section. I have gotten it through Peapod (Stop and Shop) because it was on sale and cheap. It is better than any others I have tried. Very close to homemade taste. There is no doubt how the gorilla got to be 600 pounds!

The good thing about these is, since they are frozen, you can bake a few and leave the rest for another day, perhaps helping to thwart a binge. However, my BF tasted one of the dough balls and asked me why I would ruin it by baking. The dough is delicious.

sara1998
11-13-2004, 12:38 AM
Mark me up as a crab rangoon freak!

Others include shopping, Mt. Dew, and the computer. I'm on the computer more then anything. And sometimes, I eat my crab rangoons, drink my Mt. Dew, and shop on the computer. That's when I'm in total bliss.... :laugh:

Johnny Stew
11-13-2004, 01:49 AM
Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream.
Snyders Of Berlin BBQ potato chips.
Enrique Iglesias albums.
Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals.

zinester
11-13-2004, 03:02 AM
-Celebrity gossip magazines
-Diet Coke
-Working out late at night
-baths

WelshWitchPMD
11-13-2004, 04:26 AM
Cheez Its :cool:

Hmm, they just put those small bags in our vending machine at work. I have had them everyday on break since then.

WelshWitchPMD
11-13-2004, 04:35 AM

Ohh, I will have to make the trip up there. I keep saying that I am going to go every fall and I never do. It must be insane over there now with the holidays coming up. I guess I will wait again. Maybe in the spring.

WelshWitchPMD
11-13-2004, 04:37 AM
ps-Surprised the females here havent tried the Chocalate flavored Beer (!!!) that is the newest craze.
YUCK! :eek: I hate beer! I do love chocolate but I think that even I would draw the line there.

WelshWitchPMD
11-13-2004, 04:41 AM
(2)Pink Bubble Gum Ice Cream from Baskin Robbins

I have never tried that one but I was going out a lot to get a big cone of Dunkin Donuts Coffee ice cream this past summer. :D

WelshWitchPMD
11-13-2004, 04:44 AM
Supplì (balls made of rice with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese in the middle)

Romy

I love anything with mozzarella cheese! :blob1: I will have to try these if I can find them around here.

WelshWitchPMD
11-13-2004, 04:50 AM
Ok here goes:

Chocolate :blob2:
such as candy, fudge, ice cream.

Dunkin Donuts Coffee :blob2:

Mozzarella sticks
Ok just about anything that has cheese in it.

I can't think of anymore for some reason. :confused: I will have to think.