PDA

View Full Version : 2008 anyone?

Jason T.
11-06-2004, 08:40 PM
I'm assuming it's no secret that some of us didn't get what we wanted this election year. Then again, some of us did...and good for them. Truth of the matter is that both parties are going to have to nominate new people in 2008. So any ideas from either side?

I have no idea about the Republicans, but I'm going to go with Hillary Clinton for the Democrats (I CAN DREAM).

amber
11-06-2004, 08:48 PM
I'm assuming it's no secret that some of us didn't get what we wanted this election year. Then again, some of us did...and good for them. Truth of the matter is that both parties are going to have to nominate new people in 2008. So any ideas from either side?

I have no idea about the Republicans, but I'm going to go with Hillary Clinton for the Democrats (I CAN DREAM).
Why not Hilly? She's smart as a whip, and logical. Unfortunately, Mrs. Cold-Logic-find-the-answers isn't the *best* politician. She's not too bad, though. And i don't need my politicians to be warm and fuzzy, i need them to think up good solutions to hard answers - and actually, the more logic, the better.
So, aside from Vinnie/Spanky 2008, I want Hilly! :nod: She has said she would not run, but that was this year...
Amber

dissention
11-06-2004, 10:13 PM
Why not Hilly? She's smart as a whip, and logical. Unfortunately, Mrs. Cold-Logic-find-the-answers isn't the *best* politician. She's not too bad, though. And i don't need my politicians to be warm and fuzzy, i need them to think up good solutions to hard answers - and actually, the more logic, the better.
So, aside from Vinnie/Spanky 2008, I want Hilly! :nod: She has said she would not run, but that was this year...
Amber

Fat chance. She wouldn't carry anything for the Dems on a national level, NEVER. I wouldn't mind seeing it, but it's a sure loss and another four (or eight) years that we'd be under facist rule. It's bad enough that everyone thinks that because Kerry comes from MA, they'd get our liberal, God-hating cooties.

gldstwmn
11-06-2004, 10:19 PM
2008 isn't going to mean a damn thing unless we can stop the voter fraud. We could nominate Jesus H. Christ with the way this thing was rigged and he still would have lost.
We cannot worry about 2008 right now.
I don't mean to hijack your thread Jason T.

Jason T.
11-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Fat chance. She wouldn't carry anything for the Dems on a national level, NEVER. I wouldn't mind seeing it, but it's a sure loss and another four (or eight) years that we'd be under facist rule. It's bad enough that everyone thinks that because Kerry comes from MA, they'd get our liberal, God-hating cooties.

We can still dream...lol. :cool:

Jason T.
11-06-2004, 10:24 PM
2008 isn't going to mean a damn thing unless we can stop the voter fraud. We could nominate Jesus H. Christ with the way this thing was rigged and he still would have lost.
We cannot worry about 2008 right now.
I don't mean to hijack your thread Jason T.

1. Yes, we need to stop the voter fraud.
2. Jesus is WAY too liberal for the Religious Right.
3. I don't mind you hijacking my thread.

amber
11-06-2004, 10:28 PM
yeah, good point. Wait, i thought you said there was no god, not that you HATED god... :laugh: jk.

gldstwmn
11-06-2004, 10:31 PM
1. Yes, we need to stop the voter fraud.
2. Jesus is WAY too liberal for the Religious Right.
3. I don't mind you hijacking my thread.

:laugh:
Okay. I'll answer your question now. I don't know. It's too soon for Obama. I love Hillary but some are completely threatened by what a powerful woman she is. I like John Edwards. Wesley Clark, hell Richard Clarke. :lol:

dissention
11-06-2004, 10:32 PM
Okay. I'll answer your question now. I don't know. It's too soon for Obama. I love Hillary but some are completely threatened by what a powerful woman she is. I like John Edwards. Wesley Clark, hell Richard Clarke. :lol:

:lol: Richard Clarke!

For some strange and unknown reason, I am not an Obama fan. But even if I was, he's too wet behind the ears.

greatdarkwing
11-07-2004, 01:11 AM
Whoever it is will have to knock Guilianni out of the way.....Im forseeing Republicans in the casa blanca until at least 2012 :thumbsup: ;) :angel:

~Alex

estranged4life
11-07-2004, 03:12 AM
it will take a miracle for us to be able to see 2008...But the more I think about the less I see it happenin'

Maybe Manny, Moe & Jack can be on the ballot :shrug:

Brian "What are the Vegas odds on mutually assured destruction these days???" j.

dissention
11-07-2004, 11:04 AM
Whoever it is will have to knock Guilianni out of the way.....Im forseeing Republicans in the casa blanca until at least 2012 :thumbsup: ;) :angel:

~Alex

He would never run, there's too much dirt out there on him (affairs, the treatment of his ex-wife, his policies and statements about the homeless, cover-ups with the NYPD, his opposition to free speech, etc.). And the GOP would never nominate a pro-choice candidate.

You can dream, though.

skcin
11-07-2004, 12:08 PM
It's too soon for Obama. I love Hillary but some are completely threatened by what a powerful woman she is.

I agree. I personally would vote for either of them in a second, BUT I really don't think I'll see a woman OR a black man as president in my lifetime. It's very sad, but I just don't see it happening. :(

And like Diss said - realistically, if Hil turns out to be the Dem. candidate in 2008, I think you can be sure that the GOP will be back in for another 4 years of bad government. :mad:

Paula

gldstwmn
11-07-2004, 01:11 PM
He would never run, there's too much dirt out there on him (affairs, the treatment of his ex-wife, his policies and statements about the homeless, cover-ups with the NYPD, his opposition to free speech, etc.). And the GOP would never nominate a pro-choice candidate.

You can dream, though.

Plus his father was mobbed up big time. Nope, he won't play in Jesusland. However if we don't fix the machines, it most certainly is possible.

GypsySorcerer
11-07-2004, 10:00 PM
I think it will be a little early for Obama, though I do like him. I can't see Hillary getting in.....maybe Edwards will take another shot?

I think Frist wants to run. I'd like to see Hagel get the nomination.

dissention
11-07-2004, 11:02 PM
I think Frist wants to run.

That would be a sure loss. The guy owns a chain of hospitals, he'd be slaughtered.

DrummerDeanna
11-08-2004, 08:49 AM
My fear is that they will bring Hilary in - and I think that would blow it for the dems in 2008 because like um..I think GDW said Im not seeing a woman or man of color being elected to president any time soon...

That brings my question of which has more of a shot - a woman or a man of color? Even black men got the right to vote before women did...

That said, it also scares me that in this last election they were talking Richardson (NM gov.) up as apossible vp candidate - but rumour had it he's after the presidential seat....I don't see that happening - for some reason I think a Mexican man has even less of chance at the seat than a black man :shrug:

Still - it worries me that the religious right is gaining power and they are much more organized than the religioius left (yes - there IS a religious left...) and well I'm going to stop talking now....it's early and I'm not used to being up this early and am SO tired...

Vianna
11-08-2004, 09:01 AM
Obama or Hillary.

strandinthewind
11-08-2004, 10:25 AM
Plus his father was mobbed up big time. Nope, he won't play in Jesusland. However if we don't fix the machines, it most certainly is possible.

AND - he lived with two gay men who were a couple while esreanged from his wife and dating his mistress. Good luck with THAT playing in the Bible Belt. But, if it did, it would be a good thing on some level I guess :shrug:

I know Diss hates him, but I do not mind Rudy.

estranged4life
11-08-2004, 11:48 AM
That brings my question of which has more of a shot - a woman or a man of color?

a female president first...Just dont see a person of color getting the nod, But if we ever did I would like to see a Native American as president, Since us Indians are treated as "fifth class citizens" of the U.S.

Brian j.

chiliD
11-08-2004, 11:52 AM

~Alex

Unfortunately, with the amount of corruption in our government these days, I'm in absolute horror of the HIGH possibility of the Republicans being in control for the foreseeable future.