PDA

View Full Version : going to the movies

strandinthewind
11-01-2004, 08:27 PM
Alrighty - I admit it - I am too much of a [nickname for a cat] to watch the election results tommorow night. So, I am going to the movies - I will, perhaps see two in a row so I can get home at midnight or thereafter :eek:

gldstwmn
11-01-2004, 08:32 PM
Alrighty - I admit it - I am too much of a [nickname for a cat] to watch the election results tommorow night. So, I am going to the movies - I will, perhaps see two in a row so I can get home at midnight or thereafter :eek:

Really? I'm surprised. This is going to be better than any movie, especially when they pan to the Bush Crime Family when the news is announced that Junior is toast. :laugh:

GateandGarden
11-01-2004, 09:36 PM
Really? I'm surprised. This is going to be better than any movie, especially when the pan to the Bush Crime Family when the news is announced that Junior is toast. :laugh:Your optimism is inspiring. I wish I was half as optimistic, but I've been worried to death for weeks. Longer, really.

Hillary

amber
11-01-2004, 10:11 PM
I'm glad i have class until 10. I won't have to sit there on needles and pinsas for as long...

hayley
11-01-2004, 10:13 PM
I don't know that I'm going to have the stomach for it either. There's a new episode of Gilmore Girls on tomorrow night which hopefully will distract me for at least an hour.

I will admit I'm thoroughly looking forward to a concession speech from Alan Keyes tomorrow night and will be tuned in for that... his antics completely enthrall me.

I also wish I had the confidence that gldstwmn has. My nerves would be resting easier.

gldstwmn
11-01-2004, 10:26 PM
I don't know that I'm going to have the stomach for it either. There's a new episode of Gilmore Girls on tomorrow night which hopefully will distract me for at least an hour.

I will admit I'm thoroughly looking forward to a concession speech from Alan Keyes tomorrow night and will be tuned in for that... his antics completely enthrall me.

I also wish I had the confidence that gldstwmn has. My nerves would be resting easier.

I would looooove to watch Alan Keyes concession speech. Hopefully it will be on CSPAN.
It's not so much a confidence I have, it's in the numbers. As long as we win Ohio, we don't even need to win Florida. :eek: (But we will). I haven't wanted to make too much of it because I was skeptical and I want people to get out and vote. It's imperative. The more people that vote the better chance we have. :)

estranged4life
11-01-2004, 10:27 PM
probably watch it...But I will have my large DVD collection on standby just in case of an emergency, Including the just received , "Hellsing" 13 episode Anime series (We watched it today and it is hella cool if ya like Vampires), Lindsey Buckingham OOTC Promos 1992 (w/Sara Jessica Parker) & the VH-1 Headline Act 2004 w/Fleetwood Mac (So Stevie finally admitted to being married during this interview...WOW!)

Brian j.

ShangriLaTroubl
11-01-2004, 10:36 PM
I have class till 8 : 45, wont get home till about 9 : 20...sure hope I dont miss anything!!

Chris

Nixxxed
11-01-2004, 10:47 PM
Your optimism is inspiring. I wish I was half as optimistic, but I've been worried to death for weeks. Longer, really.

Hillary

Me too. But you've gotta believe in the power of positive thinking. There is a VERY real chance things will swing our way.

Regardless, I'm going to take Keith Olbermann's advice and turn tomorrow night into a drinking game. I went to the store tonight and stocked up on beer and Little Debbie cakes. :]

So far, my chug-inducing buzz words will be:

-Swing State
-Tossup
-Voter Intimidation

Can anyone think of any I should add? :rolleyes:

Nixxxed
11-01-2004, 10:51 PM

I saw a clip for a new movie about a straight man who's taught the value/meaning of love by a stalker - a MALE stalker. :laugh: Unfortunately, I can't remember the name...

The clip I saw was the straight man on a picnic with a beautiful woman on a lovely hillside. *smooch* Suddenly, a hot air balloon floats into frame and crashes into the ground nearby. The stalker bounces from the basket, jumps up, and runs screaming after the couple. It looked HILARIOUS.

ontheEdgeof17
11-01-2004, 10:53 PM

-Swing State
-Tossup
-Voter Intimidation

Electoral Votes

...there's two more

-Curtis

GateandGarden
11-01-2004, 11:28 PM
Aren't we forgetting a really big chug-inducing buzzword?

RECOUNT!

gldstwmn
11-01-2004, 11:35 PM
Me too. But you've gotta believe in the power of positive thinking. There is a VERY real chance things will swing our way.

Regardless, I'm going to take Keith Olbermann's advice and turn tomorrow night into a drinking game. I went to the store tonight and stocked up on beer and Little Debbie cakes. :]

-Swing State
-Tossup
-Voter Intimidation

Good Christ. You'll be passed out by six o'clock. :laugh:

Nixxxed
11-01-2004, 11:36 PM
Electoral Votes

Aren't we forgetting a really big chug-inducing buzzword?

RECOUNT!

Man, am I gonna be drunk. :thumbsup:

Nixxxed
11-01-2004, 11:39 PM
Good Christ. You'll be passed out by six o'clock. :laugh:

If I am indeed still conscious, I'll make sure to log on and let you all know how the Care Bears are doing, and how good it felt to have them rubbing my bloated tummy.

(Random "Money Pit" reference -- funniest ... movie ... ever!)

estranged4life
11-01-2004, 11:45 PM
Your optimism is inspiring. I wish I was half as optimistic, but I've been worried to death for weeks. Longer, really.

Hillary

an optimist...Have to be, us Chicago Cub fans are the Kings of optimism, And now with the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series I feel better with our chances in 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian j.

amber
11-02-2004, 12:05 AM
Liquor? :shrug:

Serrart
11-02-2004, 06:36 AM
I saw a clip for a new movie about a straight man who's taught the value/meaning of love by a stalker - a MALE stalker. :laugh: Unfortunately, I can't remember the name...

The clip I saw was the straight man on a picnic with a beautiful woman on a lovely hillside. *smooch* Suddenly, a hot air balloon floats into frame and crashes into the ground nearby. The stalker bounces from the basket, jumps up, and runs screaming after the couple. It looked HILARIOUS.

It should be Enduring Love by Roger Michell, I haven't seen it, but it got very good reviews at Venice Film Festival.
By the way, in my Country there are gonna be many positive thinkers today as well, and I'm one of them. Please, not another four years with George W. Pleeeease! :blob2:

Romy

GODDESS6
11-02-2004, 07:25 AM
so does any1 believe that we will even know who won by 2nite?~ i mean on my homepage, it has a story about ohioan's challenging the polls already & a small town by where i live, well their was a mix up in the absentee ballots due to the fault of the election office who sent them out, now the voters themselves & becuz of mix up only 200-something of the nearly 1000 votes will count?~ this all disturbs me so much, it is 6:11 am here & my stomach is already in knots!!!~oh yeah on a cute sidenote:

my son who is 5 & just started kindergarten this yr, told me they had a mock election @ school yesterday~ now me & hubby r voting kerry & have been talking about it alot recently, well my son comes home & tells me he voted 4 bush~ so i start teasing him, & he covers his ears & goes running from the room screaming..."i love george w...oh yeah bush baby :shrug: !!!~" i had 2 bust a gut laffing, he was so sure of himself!!!~ have a gr8 election day every1!!!~

blessed be~
jill

dissention
11-02-2004, 10:00 AM
Really? I'm surprised. This is going to be better than any movie, especially when they pan to the Bush Crime Family when the news is announced that Junior is toast. :laugh:

:laugh:

I predict heart problems from Cheney, a stroke from Rove, and Bush crying "I'm not leaving, daddy!"

dissention
11-02-2004, 10:02 AM
I would looooove to watch Alan Keyes concession speech. Hopefully it will be on CSPAN.
It's not so much a confidence I have, it's in the numbers. As long as we win Ohio, we don't even need to win Florida. :eek: (But we will). I haven't wanted to make too much of it because I was skeptical and I want people to get out and vote. It's imperative. The more people that vote the better chance we have. :)

We are going to slay them, Kerry will win in a landslide. We will vaporize the scum that is Dimson.

Victory is ours!

PS: I'm with you when it comes to Keyes, that will make for great television. "It was them hedonistic queers." :laugh: :rolleyes:

dissention
11-02-2004, 11:38 AM
To answer your question, Jason, go see "Birth." I saw it Saturday night and thought it was fantastic. Great plot and Nicole Kidman was great, per usual!!!

strandinthewind
11-02-2004, 11:40 AM
To answer your question, Jason, go see "Birth." I saw it Saturday night and thought it was fantastic. Great plot and Nicole Kidman was great, per usual!!!

I probably will see it. However, the kissing thing kind of creeps me out. But, the media has not shown it in context, etc.

dissention
11-02-2004, 11:46 AM
I probably will see it. However, the kissing thing kind of creeps me out. But, the media has not shown it in context, etc.

It is not in bad taste, trust me. It was all very tactful and appropriate.

The whole idea just fascinated me. If someone dies and becomes reincarnated, what happens if they seek you out? What happens when you discover that your loved one was, in fact, reincarnated but they're in the body of a child? It was fascinating and one of the most original movies I've ever seen. I liked Ebert's review, he really nailed it: they've finally made a movie for adults.

Serrart
11-02-2004, 12:26 PM
It is not in bad taste, trust me. It was all very tactful and appropriate.

The whole idea just fascinated me. If someone dies and becomes reincarnated, what happens if they seek you out? What happens when you discover that your loved one was, in fact, reincarnated but they're in the body of a child? It was fascinating and one of the most original movies I've ever seen. I liked Ebert's review, he really nailed it: they've finally made a movie for adults.

I thought it was boring and predictable, with Nicole being Nicole, nothing more nothing less this time, a great Lauren Bacall and a convincing Anne Heche, but it deserved to be watched.

Romy

strandinthewind
11-02-2004, 03:55 PM
F*CK the movies -

I bought today at the store three pints of Hagan Dazs (sp.?) - I am in it for the count.

I will start a new thread at in a little while so we can consolidate.

GypsySorcerer
11-02-2004, 03:58 PM
F*CK the movies -

I bought today at the store three pints of Hagan Dazs (sp.?) - I am in it for the count.

I've been binging on chocolate all day. :laugh:

ontheEdgeof17
11-02-2004, 04:01 PM

3 hours and counting....

Instead of ice cream, my focus will be on Butter Lovers Popcorn. :)

-curt

amber
11-02-2004, 04:02 PM
F*CK the movies -

Alright, i'll get 3 pints of beer to get ready.... :laugh: no, but seriously, i will...

gldstwmn
11-02-2004, 04:07 PM
F*CK the movies -

That's the spirit!

Patti
11-02-2004, 04:11 PM
F*CK the movies -

Good for you, Jason! I couldn't really believe that you were not going to watch, after all the "spirited" debates between you, Diss and Goldie that have gone on all year.

Nixxxed
11-02-2004, 04:15 PM
It should be Enduring Love by Roger Michell, I haven't seen it, but it got very good reviews at Venice Film Festival.
By the way, in my Country there are gonna be many positive thinkers today as well, and I'm one of them. Please, not another four years with George W. Pleeeease! :blob2:

Romy

Yes! "Enduring Love"! That was it. I knew "love" was in the title - but have you ever searched Google for that word? :shocked:

Jason - Haagen Dazs? - blech!!! Sorry, I'm sort of an ice cream elitist, stemming from working at the local Baskin-Robbins all through high school. Give me ice cream that also works as an industrial parts lubricant when it melts -- 29% butter fat content!!! :]

Altho my fave ice cream is B&J's Phish Food. But I haven't checked to see if they still make it since the band went kaput. I couldn't handle the disappointment if it's been retired.

strandinthewind
11-02-2004, 04:16 PM
Good for you, Jason! I couldn't really believe that you were not going to watch, after all the "spirited" debates between you, Diss and Goldie that have gone on all year.

It has been a LOONNNNGGGGGG last three days for me on other unrelated gounds. But, I figure what is more stress :laugh:

strandinthewind
11-02-2004, 04:18 PM
Yes! "Enduring Love"! That was it. I knew "love" was in the title - but have you ever searched Google for that word? :shocked:

Jason - Haagen Dazs? - blech!!! Sorry, I'm sort of an ice cream elitist, stemming from working at the local Baskin-Robbins all through high school. Give me ice cream that also works as an industrial parts lubricant when it melts -- 29% butter fat content!!! :]

Altho my fave ice cream is B&J's Phish Food. But I haven't checked to see if they still make it since the band went kaput. I couldn't handle the disappointment if it's been retired.

OMG - I worked at a B&R as well - only it was about 1982 :laugh: I LOVE their product. In fact, now that you mention them, when I go for my massage in about 30 min., I may make a pitt stop at the B&R on the way home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :woohoo:

sara1998
11-02-2004, 08:28 PM
:

my son who is 5 & just started kindergarten this yr, told me they had a mock election @ school yesterday~ now me & hubby r voting kerry & have been talking about it alot recently, well my son comes home & tells me he voted 4 bush~ so i start teasing him,
blessed be~
jill

My daughter did the same thing. So, I asked her who she voted for and she told me Bush.... I just stared at her. I said, you know, you voted for the wrong person. I caught all kinds of hell from her. I think it's neat they are teaching them this at such a young age.

Maria