PDA

View Full Version : 60 Minutes tonite....

estranged4life
10-31-2004, 08:21 PM
Is anyone going to watch this tonite? Should be interesting to see what happened backstage a couple weeks back with Ass-lee Simple-ton.

Right now they're showing the Retard-a-nator (aka the Cali-fornie Governor) and the segment that was prior to this was sad, It showed how our troops in Vietnam 2 (aka Iraq) are under-equipped.

Man, I received an ink pen in the mail this week from TrueMajority.org recently that made me very pissed by seeing the story about our troops, Here's what is on the info on the pullout from the ink pen (We spend so much money and yet our troops are under-equipped??? BS!!!):

-------------------------
"Global Military Spending
(In billions, Per year)

$664 Billion-US and Allies ($263 Allies $401** US)
$50 Billion-Russia
$51 Billion-China
$7 Billion-Axis of Evil*

After 9/11, US spending on anti-terrorism appropriately rose. But the budget still includes nuclear and other weapons designed to fight the Cold War. Former Admirals, Generals and Pentagon officials agree that the US can safely reduce the Pentagon budget 15% ($60 billion) per year.

* With Iraq under US control, Axis of Evil countries now include Iran and North Korea

**Pentagon budget figures doesn't include the cost of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
-------------------------------
Federal Spending
(Selected programs, In billions, per year)

$401-Pentagon* (15%)
$41-Children's Health
$34-K-12 Education
$10-Humanitarian Foreign Aid
$7-Head Start
$2-Reduce reliance on Oil

We can meet basic human needs at home and abroad by reducing obsolete Cold War weapons and investing 15% of the Pentagon budget in:

Provide Head Start for all eligible US kids $2 billion/yr

Provide healthcare for all uninsured US kids $13 billion/yr

Rebuild America's schools over 10 years $12 billion/yr

Achieve energy independence with clean technology $8 billion/yr

Feed all of the world's starving children $25 billion/yr

*Pentagon budget figure doesn't include the cost of the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars."
--------------------------

amber
10-31-2004, 08:25 PM
Is anyone going to watch this tonite? Should be interesting to see what happened backstage a couple weeks back with Ass-lee Simple-ton.

Right now they're showing the Retard-a-nator (aka the Cali-fornie Governor) and the segment that was prior to this was sad, It showed how our troops in Vietnam 2 (aka Iraq) are under-equipped.

Man, I received an ink pen in the mail this week from TrueMajority.org recently that made me very pissed by seeing the story about our troops, Here's what is on the info on the pullout from the ink pen (We spend so much money and yet our troops are under-equipped??? BS!!!):

-------------------------
"Global Military Spending
(In billions, Per year)

$664 Billion-US and Allies ($263 Allies $401** US)
$50 Billion-Russia
$51 Billion-China
$7 Billion-Axis of Evil*

After 9/11, US spending on anti-terrorism appropriately rose. But the budget still includes nuclear and other weapons designed to fight the Cold War. Former Admirals, Generals and Pentagon officials agree that the US can safely reduce the Pentagon budget 15% ($60 billion) per year.

* With Iraq under US control, Axis of Evil countries now include Iran and North Korea

**Pentagon budget figures doesn't include the cost of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
-------------------------------
Federal Spending
(Selected programs, In billions, per year)

$401-Pentagon* (15%)
$41-Children's Health
$34-K-12 Education
$10-Humanitarian Foreign Aid
$7-Head Start
$2-Reduce reliance on Oil

We can meet basic human needs at home and abroad by reducing obsolete Cold War weapons and investing 15% of the Pentagon budget in:

Provide Head Start for all eligible US kids $2 billion/yr

Provide healthcare for all uninsured US kids $13 billion/yr

Rebuild America's schools over 10 years $12 billion/yr

Achieve energy independence with clean technology $8 billion/yr

Feed all of the world's starving children $25 billion/yr

*Pentagon budget figure doesn't include the cost of the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars."
--------------------------
ah, but if we didn't spend this way, billion dollar defense corporations wouldn't get their money! And it's really important to fight wars to keep those big oil companies afloat... :rolleyes: (if you can't tell, i'm being sarcastic)
Wars are big business, my friends, and that's who leaders work for. Not for you and me...
Amber

estranged4life
10-31-2004, 08:28 PM
ah, but if we didn't spend this way, billion dollar defense corporations wouldn't get their money! And it's really important to fight wars to keep those big oil companies afloat... :rolleyes: (if you can't tell, i'm being sarcastic)
Wars are big business, my friends, and that's who leaders work for. Not for you and me...
Amber

Money talks and Bull**** walks :nod:

They just showed the SNL segment...Bwahahahaha, That was funny as hell, Poor lil' Ass-Lee Simpleton :lol:

Brian j.

GypsySorcerer
10-31-2004, 08:39 PM
Yep, just watched that. I hope Ashlee's 15 minutes are up, and she can take her sister and bro-in-law with her. :nod:

Merf
10-31-2004, 09:20 PM
Brian-- I got that pen in the mail too. :lol:

estranged4life
10-31-2004, 09:25 PM
Brian-- I got that pen in the mail too. :lol:

why I received it...But a free ink pen is fine

Brian "Free is a GREAT word" j.

gldstwmn
10-31-2004, 11:43 PM
Is anyone going to watch this tonite? Man, I received an ink pen in the mail this week from TrueMajority.org

I watched 60 Minutes. I also have the Ture Majority pen. True Majority was founded by Ben Cohen of Ben And Jerry's Ice Cream. They've been doing a lot of good work this past year.
I think Ashlee is a young girl who is in way over her head. The fault mostly lies with her father, IMO, because he's her manager and should have realized that she is not ready for this type of exposure yet. Apparently, this is not the first time she has had problems. What's really sad is that her record has sold 4 million copies and she is just not up to the pressures of that.

The story on the troops using sand bags and plywood is to armor their vehicles is disgusting. I was apalled that some of the National Gurad troops are using Vietnam era M16's in Iraq. The National Guard has no business even being in Iraq.