PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell is....

DrummerDeanna
10-29-2004, 11:49 AM
So there are a lot of great TV shows already out on DVD - and now I'm greedy - I want ALL my favorite shows....

SOO...my questions...which shows are you patiently (or not so patiently) waiting for?

My list:

Wonder Years
Wings

Oh..guess that's all I can think of right now :p

Anyway - I had been waiting and longing for The Golden Girls - and YEA! Season One is being released in November.... :blob1: :blob2:

GateandGarden
10-29-2004, 11:51 AM
I'm still waiting for them to put "The Adventures of Pete and Pete" on DVD. I just loved that show. I'm also interested to see "Ellen" on DVD, particularly for the "Puppy Episode," when she came out.

Hillary

DrummerDeanna
10-29-2004, 12:10 PM
I believe they've just put out the first season of Ellen - however when I went to look at the box - it was the cast of the show that was perhaps a pre-cursor to Ellen?? It was called These Friends of Mine though - and not Ellen...of course this was a long time ago so my memory may be skewed...

I did used to really enjoy Ellen....

I thought of another one...

The Nanny!!!

skcin
10-29-2004, 01:22 PM
China Beach

thirtysomething

I was in high school when these were on, but I got really into them.

Paula

wondergirl9847
10-29-2004, 01:33 PM
Wings

Twin Peaks 2nd season

I have the 1st season of Coupling (and want seasons 2 - 3), Twin Peaks' first season and Keen Eddie's entire 13 episodes (Fox can bite me! :mad: ), but I REALLY have to be into a show to want it on DVD.

DrummerDeanna
10-29-2004, 02:09 PM
Yeah - I don't want just any show on DVD - but I don't have cable and I am SUCH a rerun junkie...that there are actually quite a few that I want...

Ones that are already out which I"d like to have:

Friends...(Have a lot of catching up to do...)
I'm debating Everybody Loves Raymond
X-Files

Johnny Stew
10-29-2004, 02:30 PM
I believe they've just put out the first season of Ellen - however when I went to look at the box - it was the cast of the show that was perhaps a pre-cursor to Ellen?? It was called These Friends of Mine though - and not Ellen...of course this was a long time ago so my memory may be skewed...

Yeah, when the series premiered, it was called 'These Friends Of Mine,' and had a different supporting cast.
I think the "Powers That Be" felt it seemed a little too similar to 'Friends,' which I believe premiered around the same time... so they changed the title, tweaked the focus a little, and made some cast changes for the show's second season. :)

hayley
10-29-2004, 02:30 PM
I'm a TV shows on DVD junkie, so I sorta wish they'd stop putting crap out on DVD so I'd stop watching it or buying it.

I also want Twin Peaks Season 2 on DVD- my old VHS box set is pretty much trashed by now. I wish they'd just do it, even if it's not as quality as the first season's transfer and extras.

Lately, my enormous crush on Greg Grunberg (Weiss on Alias, briefly "the pilot" on Lost, Sean on Felicity) has eclipsed into getting me to watch Felicity on DVD, a show I've always tried to avoid at all costs. So. Now that I'm totally into that, I hope they do the fourth season/Senior Year soon.

A show I've just recently remembered- I'd completely forgotten about it's existence- is "Relativity," from ABC in the mid-90s. I'd like to see that again, it'd be nice to get that one on DVD.

Johnny Stew
10-29-2004, 02:39 PM
I'd anxiously waiting for season-sets for 'Six Million Dollar Man,' 'Bionic Woman' and 'The Incredible Hulk.'
I'm also waiting for Seasons 2 & 3 of 'Wonder Woman.'

And I really think they should release the 1991 primetime version of 'Dark Shadows' on DVD, ASAP.

By the way, I recommend TVShowsOnDVD.com (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/), for info on all of the latest and upcoming TV-On-DVD releases, as well as their Voting section, where you can cast a vote to encourage the release of your favorite shows. :)

heyjupiter678
10-29-2004, 02:46 PM
Anyway - I had been waiting and longing for The Golden Girls - and YEA! Season One is being released in November.... :blob1: :blob2:

Yes! And . . .

I thought of another one...

The Nanny!!!

Yes!! I find that I've been watching WAY too much Lifetime lately.

DrummerDeanna
10-29-2004, 02:47 PM
I'd anxiously waiting for season-sets for 'Six Million Dollar Man,' 'Bionic Woman' and 'The Incredible Hulk.'
I'm also waiting for Seasons 2 & 3 of 'Wonder Woman.'

And I really think they should release the 1991 primetime version of 'Dark Shadows' on DVD, ASAP.

By the way, I recommend TVShowsOnDVD.com (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/), for info on all of the latest and upcoming TV-On-DVD releases, as well as their Voting section, where you can cast a vote to encourage the release of your favorite shows. :)

Thanks for that link...I've just spent ten minutes on the site....very informative - Thanks!!

DrummerDeanna
10-29-2004, 02:48 PM
Yes! And . . .

:laugh:

I don't have cable - but when I did I was such a Lifetime addict lol....

heyjupiter678
10-29-2004, 02:59 PM
:laugh:

I don't have cable - but when I did I was such a Lifetime addict lol....
Golden Girls and The Nanny are on Lifetime six times each per day, M-F. :shocked: :)

wondergirl9847
10-29-2004, 03:13 PM
By the way, I recommend TVShowsOnDVD.com, for info on all of the latest and upcoming TV-On-DVD releases, as well as their Voting section, where you can cast a vote to encourage the release of your favorite shows.

Go vote for Wings to be on DVD! Last I read, the ranking for it was 17th.

I just found this information on www.dugpa.com which is a David Lynch site.

October 9th 2004
Twin Peaks Season 2 Article Posted at Lynchnet - Worldwide Release?!!

Mike Dunn over at Lynchnet.com has posted an interesting article on the release of Twin Peaks Season 2, citing that the delay may be attributed to Paramount waiting to do a worldwide release (US Included) of Season 2 when the rights revert back to Paramount in September 2005. This is good news for US and somewhat more of a delay to the rest of the world that were told that Season 2 would be released Q2 2005. It still may, come out in Q2, but it would make sense for them to try and time them to avoid loss of sales to those importing the DVD from overseas. One other bit of news it that I have yet to confirm that Paramount will be using the original negatives to do the transfer for Season 2. This would be quite a shame if they didn't match the Season 1 transfer quality after this incredibly long wait for the fans.

chiliD
10-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Stark Raving Mad

Grand

Northern Exposure

estranged4life
10-29-2004, 03:36 PM
I'm a TV shows on DVD junkie, so I sorta wish they'd stop putting crap out on DVD so I'd stop watching it or buying it.

but I usually still end up buying the DVD's...Hell, I know a few people who already are selling episodes of "Lost", "Six Feet Under" (The latest season), "CSI", etc.

Hell, I have several officially released Japanese anime series (English dub versions too) that are the complete series on DVD, Whereas the official US released versions are just finally being released or are still in the release process.

Wished I could think of what TV series I would like to have on DVD, but most have already been released.

Brian j.

ps-I just saw an ad for the second (I originally typed first season but that is already in stores with the lame yellow parka things) season of "Northern Exposure" on DVD.

wondergirl9847
10-29-2004, 03:39 PM
Yep, I'll probably buy Lost on DVD. I need to go watch this past Wednesday's episode again.

Can't wait to see Sawyer's backstory!!!

Dreammms
10-29-2004, 04:00 PM
Yes! And . . .

lol so have I
I love the Golden Girls and the Nanny.

I got the Three's Company dvds, Spongebob, Land of the Lost and Law and Order. Oh and of course The Soprano's.

Johnny Stew
10-29-2004, 04:00 PM
Stark Raving Mad

Grand

Wow, I didn't think anyone other than me, remembered those shows! Both were favorites of mine.

Shalhoub was terrific in 'SRM' (as was Neil Patrick Harris)... that show deserved a much longer life.

DrummerDeanna
10-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Ooh..Herman's Head...

And Naked Truth - I LOVED That show...

estranged4life
10-29-2004, 04:07 PM
Ooh..Herman's Head...

Herman's Head when it premiered on FOX...And I remember finding that show funny as hell.

Brian j.

hayley
10-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Northern Exposure

Northern Exposure Seasons 1 is out, and Season 2 is out at the end of November. The packaging is a little chintzy with the little mini parkas, but inspired.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/series/-/89071/dvd/ref=pd_serl_dvd/102-2059099-8196907

It's a bit of a ripoff for the first season, because it's SO expensive for just two discs, but.

Oh!! Can I also bitch about the lack of Gilmore Girls on DVD? Season 2 is out December 7th, but there's no plans for 3 or 4. And I'm greedy. I wants me some Gilmore on DVD instead of being a loser and actually having them all taped on VHS.

mondaymornin1
10-29-2004, 04:38 PM
Ooh..Herman's Head...

And Naked Truth - I LOVED That show...

:eek: :eek: I thought I was the only one who loved Herman's Head. And, wasn't the actress playing the bitchy blond the same one who played on Friends as Ross's FIRST wife? (he had so many :laugh: )

amber
10-29-2004, 04:46 PM
Northern Exposure Seasons 1 is out, and Season 2 is out at the end of November. The packaging is a little chintzy with the little mini parkas, but inspired.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/series/-/89071/dvd/ref=pd_serl_dvd/102-2059099-8196907

It's a bit of a ripoff for the first season, because it's SO expensive for just two discs, but.

Oh!! Can I also bitch about the lack of Gilmore Girls on DVD? Season 2 is out December 7th, but there's no plans for 3 or 4. And I'm greedy. I wants me some Gilmore on DVD instead of being a loser and actually having them all taped on VHS.
so i'm curious about say, northern exposure. This is a good show, but i watched when it was on, then i watched it in repeats. Have you guys also seen it this same amount, but would actually watch it again? I mean, if you want to own it, that implies that you would watch it many, many more times. Is this true?

estranged4life
10-29-2004, 04:49 PM

I saw someone selling season 3 of Gilmore Girls recently on their website.

I dont understand DVD prices being outrageous when there's no extra to justify a hiked price. I just bought the new limited edition "Directors Cut" 3 DVD disc version Hellboy last week for $24.99 which included a heavy resin bust of Hellboy whereas the regular "Directors Cut" 3 DVD disc version was $22.99...Now I can see paying extra for that (Considering BestBuy had it marked at $24.99 when it scanned for $42.99...They had to honor the price it was stickered on the box) when the 3 discs contain hours upon hours of bonues, Including a 2 hour 30 minute making of doctumentary.

I passed on the US release of the complete Witch Hunter Robin series (26 episodes) for the price of $132.99 for the official Japanese release (With English dub/Subtitles) for $25.99 since the extras weren't worth the exaggerated price-tag (Just a collectible pin).

Brian j.

DrummerDeanna
10-29-2004, 04:56 PM
:eek: :eek: I thought I was the only one who loved Herman's Head. And, wasn't the actress playing the bitchy blond the same one who played on Friends as Ross's FIRST wife? (he had so many :laugh: )

Yeah - she was on that wasn't she?

hayley
10-29-2004, 05:00 PM
so i'm curious about say, northern exposure. This is a good show, but i watched when it was on, then i watched it in repeats. Have you guys also seen it this same amount, but would actually watch it again? I mean, if you want to own it, that implies that you would watch it many, many more times. Is this true?

Generally, the shows I buy on DVD are either shows I WILL watch again and again, or they're shows that I really like, the price is right, and the DVDs have extras I'm interested in. Shows I watch again and again- 24, Alias, Gilmore Girls, Twin Peaks. DVD. Other ones include stuff like- The Office, Arrested Development, etc.

Like, Alias- I've watched Seasons 1 & 2 at least four or five times each all the way through. Season 3 is new, and I've only watched it once. 24? I've watched at least three or four times each. Gilmore Girls... haaa. Let's not go there. I own those to watch them on repeat, because the bonus features SUCK.

There are other shows I'll just rent- in my queue at Netflix right now are Felicity, The Awful Truth, and Once and Again. All of which I'd like to see for the first time or again, but not enough to buy them.

amber
10-29-2004, 05:07 PM
Generally, the shows I buy on DVD are either shows I WILL watch again and again, or they're shows that I really like, the price is right, and the DVDs have extras I'm interested in. Shows I watch again and again- 24, Alias, Gilmore Girls, Twin Peaks. DVD. Other ones include stuff like- The Office, Arrested Development, etc.

Like, Alias- I've watched Seasons 1 & 2 at least four or five times each all the way through. Season 3 is new, and I've only watched it once. 24? I've watched at least three or four times each. Gilmore Girls... haaa. Let's not go there. I own those to watch them on repeat, because the bonus features SUCK.

There are other shows I'll just rent- in my queue at Netflix right now are Felicity, The Awful Truth, and Once and Again. All of which I'd like to see for the first time or again, but not enough to buy them.
ah. do you know why you do that? Especially, with the non comedy shows, like 24, Alias, Twin Peaks, etc. I'm just curious, I don't even watch any of those shows, but I'll watch Will and Grace, and other comedy shows in the past over and over - but they have to be really funny. And now, i've seen them enough where i don't watch them much anymore...cartoon comedies, i have a longer tolerance for...
But i don't understand the reason for watching Drama shows a whole bunch of times. Are there plot points you're trying to figure out?
AMber

hayley
10-29-2004, 05:15 PM
ah. do you know why you do that? Especially, with the non comedy shows, like 24, Alias, Twin Peaks, etc. I'm just curious, I don't even watch any of those shows, but I'll watch Will and Grace, and other comedy shows in the past over and over - but they have to be really funny. And now, i've seen them enough where i don't watch them much anymore...cartoon comedies, i have a longer tolerance for...
But i don't understand the reason for watching Drama shows a whole bunch of times. Are there plot points you're trying to figure out?
AMber

The dramas are all such excellent quality. To me, it's akin to watching the same movie over and over again, which many people do, except with a TV show, you have such a mass of material. I like having so much of one thing. I have the habit of obsessing or immersing myself in things when I go on kicks, and TV shows on DVD are great for that. You pick up more, too.

I tend not to like comedies on DVD because I don't always appreciate jokes on repeat. I just don't like them. The only comedies I own are The Office and Arrested Development, and they're not sitcom-y. I always pick up even more on repeated viewings of those two.

My biggest DVD obsession, though, is GG. Which is neither a comedy or a drama. Which is why the Emmys continue to ignore it. I watch that show constantly because it's such a smart, quality, happy show. The jokes don't get old for me, the acting quality is superb, and I like to live in my own little Stars Hollow universe. Lately, Tivo's been helping me with that because it's syndicated now on ABC Family, for all the seasons not out yet on DVD.

God, I'm blabbing a lot about my TV show/DVD habit.

DrummerDeanna
10-29-2004, 05:18 PM
I'm also a repeat watcher...I can watch my favorite shows over and over and over again - and have.

I can identify any Golden Girl episode within seconds...and can talk along with some of them... - sad? yes. haha..

amber
10-29-2004, 05:26 PM
oh, ok.
I have watched movies over and over, but because i liked the actresses performances so much...(All About Eve, L'Ete Mutrier, Party Girl).
I always wondered who liked the Nanny, and Wings. I learn so much on the ledge!
AMber

Dreammms
10-29-2004, 05:28 PM
I'm also a repeat watcher...I can watch my favorite shows over and over and over again - and have.

I can identify any Golden Girl episode within seconds...and can talk along with some of them... - sad? yes. haha..

lol i do that too

DrummerDeanna
10-29-2004, 05:30 PM
I always wondered who liked the Nanny, and Wings. I learn so much on the ledge!
AMber

:laugh: I totally used to wonder that about The Nanny - I refused to watch it - then my sister became addicted...and one day I was just at her house when it was on...and I got sucked in and became hooked myself lol...it's a good show...really....

amber
10-29-2004, 05:32 PM
:laugh: I totally used to wonder that about The Nanny - I refused to watch it - then my sister became addicted...and one day I was just at her house when it was on...and I got sucked in and became hooked myself lol...it's a good show...really....
MUST....KILL....FRAN....DRESCHER.....
ah, what? where was i? oops, was i talking about killing Fran Drescher again? sometimes the memory of her voice brings me to "the dark place"...yeah, i guess the writing wasn't toooo bad (saw it once) but...I really hate her, i think...