PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Ledgies!

ShangriLaTroubl
10-25-2004, 08:38 PM
I went to my first political event tonight, and it was incredible and energizing.

The event was a small fundraiser for Congresswoman Denise Majette (D-GA) for USA Senate at the home of a great man, off of Paces Ferry Rd. in Atlanta. His home was right on the Chatahoochee River, incredible place.
It got me even MORE energized than before. It was more than I expected. Only about 40 ppl there, and I got to personally chat with Denise for about 10 mins or so, and she is the best let me tell you. She is the nicest person, and I have to say the first politician I have met.
Senator Stabenow of MI, and Mary Landrieu of LA were there...and spoke..Denise gave a nice heartfelt message..I got a bunch of nice DENISE! literature, Denise asked me to pass it around my college campus..and I plan to do that. I just think it's so great she takes time to sit and chat with everyone at these events, and I totally appreciated it. Glad I voted for her today! The food was good, and it was very nice of them to let us use their wonderful house on the Chattahoochee River, GREAT view.

I was impressed beyond belief how personal and easy to chat with Denise is. This was an invite only event, but I managed to meet some other great and energized voters. Denise needs major help in GA, But I think she can do it...she has worked hard, and has relied on voters to get her where she is. She has some important and great ideas for the Senate like the GI Bill she has proposed..which gives every soldier a college education and the same health care Senators get....She wants to create a national loterry for education to provide billions of new dollars for schools, and is a huge supporter of the troops...but not a supporter of this war.
Just thought I'd share my incredible experience with you all.. GOTV!! GO MAJETTE AND KERRY!!

strandinthewind
10-25-2004, 09:39 PM
OMG - I think I was invited to that!!!!!!!!!

I should have gone and then been singing me some Stevie and then . . . BAM - we meet :laugh:

ShangriLaTroubl
10-25-2004, 09:41 PM
You should have went. I felt like I was invited over to Majette's home or something.. It was great...just great...the odds are against her...but I think she can do it.

Chris

strandinthewind
10-25-2004, 09:44 PM
You should have went. I felt like I was invited over to Majette's home or something.. It was great...just great...the odds are against her...but I think she can do it.

Chris

I really like her. I met her awhile back at a similar event. The odds are against her. She was ambitious though and I admire that; I mean she went from a rather shaky win in the House in an upset for McKinney, and then set her eyes on the Senate. I can live with Johnny I., but he is by no means my ideal by any stretch of the imagination - but there are worse I guess.

strandinthewind
10-25-2004, 09:46 PM
BTW - I votes with the advanced voting option. I went downtown to 141 Pryor St. We got there when it opened and about five minutes later it was SWAMPED with people!!!!!!!!

So, that is a good sign I guess :shrug:

ShangriLaTroubl
10-25-2004, 09:49 PM
I voted today as well during ADVANCED VOTING, it was a decent line...I only waited about 20 mins...some in line said they were there earlier and left because the line was like 2 hrs..

Isakson isnt evil, but he's sure riding Bush's coattails. He has double signs out now...one side says ISAKSON SENATE and the other BUSH/CHENEY
Denise on the other hand has tried to run as a simple southern democrat, and doesnt mention Kerry much. Although tonight she did a little.....We will see what happens....it's not that the supporters arent there, its just getting them to VOTE...

Chris

strandinthewind
10-25-2004, 09:51 PM
I voted for her :thumbsup: