PDA

View Full Version : World Series bystander photos

WelshWitchPMD
10-24-2004, 01:49 AM
I went to Boston for the day. I went over to the Fenway Park area. The whole area was crazy. People were holding signs that said "I need tickets", "I have 2 for St. Louis to trade for 1 Boston ticket" all kinds of things like that. There were all kinds of people going crazy buying souvenirs, people handing out free pins and bumper stickers. My friend and I even got a free sausage sandwich. Not too bad.

I got a shirt and few other things at one of the stores near the park. We walked around and saw a bunch of people near the gate. A nice couple told us that Curt Schilling had just pulled in 10 minutes earlier. We decided to wait and see what was going on. My friend notices a guy wearing an Aerosmith jacket. We figured that he might have something to do with the band. We wait and about 15 minutes later a vehicle pulls up to the gate and I hear people yelling "hey it's Steven Tyler". So I kind of go up to the gate as they are closing it. I was not supposed to be there but a bunch of other people went up near the gate so I figured why not. I started snapping my camera away. I got a few pics of Steven through the crack.
We waited a bit more and Jerry Remy who was on the Red Sox team back in the 70s and is now a Red Sox TV announcer pulled in. I got to snap a couple of pics of him.
My friend did not want to wait any more so we left and walked around and went to Mc Donald's. After that we walked by the gate again and the crowd was ten times larger then before. We hear people cheering but we could not see who pulled up. Some other fans then tell us that it was Johnny Damon but we did not see him at all because the crowd was huge.

We walked around a bit and ate and right after we finished the game was starting. We walk into the bar area and saw Steven Tyler sing and saw the planes flying on TV while we actually heard and felt the planes flying right over us. It was a really wild experience.

Here are a few pictures:
All photos are ©WelshWitchPMD@aol.com
Steven Tyler

WelshWitchPMD
10-24-2004, 01:53 AM
One of Steven holding a "Why Not Us" shirt. This one is a bit blurry.

WelshWitchPMD
10-24-2004, 01:55 AM
Similar to Steven Tyler 2 photo but I cropped it a bit more.

WelshWitchPMD
10-24-2004, 01:58 AM
Former Red Sox player Jerry Remy exiting vehicle.

WelshWitchPMD
10-24-2004, 02:01 AM
Jerry Remy outside of vehicle. This one came out kind of blurry. It is hard to walk really fast and snap pics without moving the camera a bit. :distress:

ShamHy89
10-24-2004, 08:25 AM
Nice pictures, Pattie! The Remdog is my favorite Red Sox announcer. I really can't stand the Fox guys anymore.

Did you like Tyler's rendition of the national anthem? I thought he really tried his hardest on it, and it was cool that he acknoledged the cheering after "glare."

Shamus

GODDESS6
10-24-2004, 10:21 AM
sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~ THANX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~

blessed be~
jill

wetcamelfood
10-24-2004, 12:59 PM
Yeah, gotta love the Remdawg. :)

I agree Shamus, Buck & McCarver shouldn't do these games anyways because it's a conflict of interest. It's obvious they don't like the like the Sox anyways but since they both have Cards ties (with Joe's broadcasting dad (RIP) and TM playing w/St. Louis most of his career, including against the Sox in '67, his short time with the Sox (74-75) obviously not being a highlight in his career etc.) but whatever, go Sox anyways. :)

JOhn

estranged4life
10-24-2004, 11:00 PM
Yeah, gotta love the Remdawg. :)

I agree Shamus, Buck & McCarver shouldn't do these games anyways because it's a conflict of interest. It's obvious they don't like the like the Sox anyways but since they both have Cards ties (with Joe's broadcasting dad (RIP) and TM playing w/St. Louis most of his career, including against the Sox in '67, his short time with the Sox (74-75) obviously not being a highlight in his career etc.) but whatever, go Sox anyways. :)

JOhn

I have to disagree...I think they're being as unbiased as they can be (N-O-T!!!)

Too bad it seems the Cards are lacking clutch hitting & starting pitching (Announcers cant help with that), But knowing how the Cards turn things around when the return to St.Louis I think they'll even it out in games 3 & 4 (Unless they choke!)

Brian j.