PDA

View Full Version : Green Day In Concert

ShangriLaTroubl
10-23-2004, 09:44 PM
I saw the Green Day concert in Atlanta last night at the Arena at Gwinett Center..incredible show..opening was New Found Glory and Sugarcult

Green Day took the stage about 10 pm,played many songs from their new cd AMERICAN IDIOT, and all my old favs...they get their crowds really going..it was my first wild concert made up of mostly teens i must say...I had never seen real live crowd surfing and so many moshpits (although their were moshpits at Metallica )

They put on a hell of a show though. In one part they grabbed 3 kids from the audience (actually Billy Joe told them "Crowd surf to the stage") --they looked for ppl who could ACTUALLY play...so one kid put the bass on, the other the electric, and another on the drums...and they showed them which chords to play...and they actually sounded good...and Billy Joe finished singing the song with these kids playing..

The floor was general admission, so it was like a huge pile of people...the security was very nice...bringing around water bottles and pouring water in kids mouths so noone like passes out...and they helped the crowd surfers down once they got to the end of the audience..

It was wild...but great...they ended with "Time of your life."

A couple of surprises, before they took the stage a huge man in a bunny suit (im assuming it was a man) and a beer bottle in hand, got the crowd pumped up to YMCA, and chugged his beer bottle through his mouth hole..lol

Green Day also performed "We are the champions..."
I must say they REALLY own their crowds...and they put on a very exciting show...check them out

Chris