PDA

View Full Version : christine 2 b on vh1 classic

GODDESS6
10-16-2004, 06:01 PM
they just said on vh1 classic that christine will be in studio on sunday, oct 17th @ 9 am est!!!~

blessed be~
jill

GypsySorcerer
10-16-2004, 07:13 PM
Dangnabit! I wish I got Vh1 Classic. :mad:

Songbird4
10-16-2004, 09:25 PM
I wish I got VH1 Classic too. Hopefully someone will be able to tape it?!?! :distress:

~Kim

macfan 57
10-17-2004, 06:09 AM
I don't have VH1 Classic either. :distress: I wonder if this is something new that she did when she was in New York last month or if it's from the footage of the video clips on her website. I also hope someone can tape this.

macfan 57
10-17-2004, 06:41 AM
I checked VH1's website & this show is going to be on at 9:00 a.m. & then again at 9:00 p.m. tonight.

http://www.musicstation.com/cgi-bin/rotv/rotv_cgi?search_type=artist_exact&sort_by=artist&type=tv&search=161087

GODDESS6
10-17-2004, 08:36 AM
I checked VH1's website & this show is going to be on at 9:00 a.m. & then again at 9:00 p.m. tonight.

http://www.musicstation.com/cgi-bin/rotv/rotv_cgi?search_type=artist_exact&sort_by=artist&type=tv&search=161087

cool, & they said it is new, cuz she is gonna discuss her new cd, wow, this is exciting!!!~ i got another fish yesterday & my little son named her christine :lol: ~ lol

blessed be~
jill

ThePenguin
10-17-2004, 08:56 AM
I actually get this channel (shocking!) I have it on right now and the tivo does says CM is on it--but since it's already nearly 10 AM, I think I missed her. I will tape the 9 PM showing.

-Lis

GODDESS6
10-17-2004, 09:38 AM
I actually get this channel (shocking!) I have it on right now and the tivo does says CM is on it--but since it's already nearly 10 AM, I think I missed her. I will tape the 9 PM showing.

-Lis
i live in omaha, nebraska & it was on @ 8 a.m. here!!!~ hell i missed the 1st 45 minutes & all i saw was when christine said something about all of FM's guitar players goin' crazy!~ he he :] , i will have 2 watch it later also, so 4 any1 who is in central time zone, christine will b on vhi classic 2nite @ 8p.m.~

blessed be~
jill

ThePenguin
10-17-2004, 09:46 AM
I actually just flipped on it and saw Chris talking about what an odd song Tusk was-- "What the hell did it mean?!" LOL. I guess my tivo is getting the remainder of it but I'll try try to get the whole thing tonight. it's kind of annoying since you have to keep sitting through all those stupid videos. At least w/ tivo you can skip through them faster than w/ a tape!

She looked great BTW, when I first saw her I exclaimed, "There's my girl!" and my daughter was like, "Oh, it's Chris." :laugh:

-Lis

HejiraNYC
10-17-2004, 10:27 AM
VH1 Classic today is like VH1 back in 1990. Surreal morning... two of my faves from the past back-to-back. Christine from 9-11AM followed by the Smithereens! Oh, those were the days. Ironically they played FM songs in between the Christine interview segments... but they were all from Live in Boston. None of the videos that featured Chris back in her salad days.

Anyway, it was great to see that Christine has really kept it together mentally- she has definitely been taking her ginko biloba. ;-) Okay, she has gotten very "jowly," but I guess that's the downside to staying trim in your older years... fat keeps all the wrinkles plumped. But still, you could still hear that lovely golden tone in her speaking voice. Such a shame she doesn't do more with it!!

macfan 57
10-17-2004, 11:14 AM
This is fantastic! I was afraid it might just be old footage. Maybe she did this when she was in New York last month. Has anyone seen the whole thing? Did she play any of the new songs from ITM or is it interview footage only?

Lis, I just sent you an e-mail. :)

And, Jill thanks for the heads up about this show. :)

HomerMcvie
10-17-2004, 12:01 PM
So how do we non VH-1 Classic having, Chris worshippers get to see this?
Maybe someone could turn it into Mpegs, and post it on their site? :) :) :)

Claudia
10-17-2004, 01:22 PM
they just said on vh1 classic that christine will be in studio on sunday, oct 17th @ 9 am est!!!~

blessed be~
jill

That's great! I don't have VH1 Classic (only the normal one) but it's always good to have some new tv appearences from her. :nod:

HejiraNYC
10-17-2004, 01:54 PM
This is fantastic! I was afraid it might just be old footage. Maybe she did this when she was in New York last month. Has anyone seen the whole thing? Did she play any of the new songs from ITM or is it interview footage only?

Lis, I just sent you an e-mail. :)

And, Jill thanks for the heads up about this show. :)

Unfortunately it was just interview footage, but altogether I would say there was a good 15-20 minutes of it spread out over a two-hour period. When asked about the possibility of touring, Christine responded with her usual "I'm afraid that's not going to happen..." answer. However, when the interviewer asked her about the possibility of doing a one-off show for DVD release, Christine joked, "Ah... how much money are you willing to pay me?" Sounds like she is really, really adamantly opposed to performing live. I can't help but wonder if she is just that rusty after all these years.

I wish I could create these into mpegs, but I just don't have the equipment for it. Grrr...

mondaymornin1
10-18-2004, 11:50 AM
VH1 Classic today is like VH1 back in 1990. Surreal morning... two of my faves from the past back-to-back. Christine from 9-11AM followed by the Smithereens! Oh, those were the days. Ironically they played FM songs in between the Christine interview segments... but they were all from Live in Boston. None of the videos that featured Chris back in her salad days.

Wasn't that crazy to play LIB videos?? What a perfect opportunity to play the TONS of FM videos from the past, including Chris!! I don't have a very good video collection and I was so hoping that my daughter would get to see some of the older stuff. I was very disappointed in that part, but the interview was great! I love to hear her talk almost as much as I love to hear her sing! :thumbsup:

GODDESS6
10-18-2004, 08:16 PM
i love 2 hear christine talk 2, her voice is gr8!!!~ i did however also think it odd, not 2 play older fm videos of her!!!~

blessed be~
jill

jbrownsjr
10-18-2004, 11:50 PM
Anyone tape this????

breathes faints and wakes up again!!!???

Vianna
11-02-2004, 09:25 AM
I missed this. Did anyone get it on tape?