PDA

View Full Version : Was anyone else a tad dissapointed with the new album?

diamondsnake
08-25-2004, 07:42 PM
I hate to be the one to bring this up because I love, love, love Christine, but I thought In the Meantime was a bit dull in places. I mean, when a song was good it was very, very good but some of the bad songs just didn't make me feel warm and fuzzy or make me want to sing along like Christine's songs used to. I had really high hopes for this record and even had it express shiped from England. I just don't think it is that great. :sorry:

However, I will say that Friend and You Are are fantastic and are on par with any of her classic songs- they certainly picked the right singles.

jbrownsjr
08-25-2004, 08:01 PM
Yes and no. I really love this album, but I too have problems.

What I love

the lyrics
the singles
the vocals
10 of 12 songs (calumny and bad journey so sincere very good songs)
the concept
the photography
the harmonies

what i didn't like

jamn a little more for christ sake!
where's the piano?
solo a little !!!!! please you're a keyboard player (anything is possible is very cool, but don't tease me like S Nicks!!! extend it out)
get rid of liar
too many repeating chorus
and melodies too simple in places

I still give it an A-, but I'm a fan of hers so I'm biased. I hope she does another she is a beautiful lady who knows what unlucky in love means! I feel her company!

jwd
08-25-2004, 09:01 PM
No, I'm not disappointed at all. It sounds great to me and I'll enjoy it for many more years to come. I guess you'd be disappointed if you were expecting something radically different from her. I'd be disappointed if IT WAS something radically different. I just love her style of music and her unique voice. I can only hope she puts out some more songs, somewhere, somehow.

:wavey:

David
08-25-2004, 09:20 PM
solo a little !!!!! please you're a keyboard player (anything is possible is very cool, but don't tease me like S Nicks!!! extend it out)Is this right, would you say?

Last Decent Recorded Christine Solo: Roll With Me, Henry

David
08-25-2004, 09:22 PM
I hate to be the one to bring this up because I love, love, love Christine, but I thought In the Meantime was a bit dull in places.Well, I'm not going to agree with you for fear of being blasted right off the board. Last time I posted about Christine's album, I think I got a strike.

But I will say that I'd like to hear Christine's vocal & instrumental tracks from the new album by themselves.

Johnny Stew
08-25-2004, 09:23 PM
I've yet to hear the entire album, because I'm (impatiently) waiting for the American release.

I like what I've heard in the snippets though, and I love the full-length "You Are" that I've heard.

Every album has several songs I love, and one or two that I'm indifferent towards... so I doubt 'In The Meantime' will be different. But overall I expect that I'll be very pleased with the album.

I'm like Joe, in that I love Christine's established style, and I'm not expecting or wanting her to take on any radical departures. If she felt she needed to, that'd be her right... but if she doesn't, then it's all the better for me! :) ;)

There's something to be said for finding what it is that you do best, and perfecting it over the years.

diamondsnake
08-25-2004, 09:39 PM
No, I'm not disappointed at all. It sounds great to me and I'll enjoy it for many more years to come. I guess you'd be disappointed if you were expecting something radically different from her. I'd be disappointed if IT WAS something radically different. I just love her style of music and her unique voice. I can only hope she puts out some more songs, somewhere, somehow.

Well I wasn't expecting anything radically different... It is just that some songs have sloppy writting or uninteresting writting. Like I said, 2 or 3 songs are amazing but the rest aren't as catchy (for lack of a better term) as Christine's songs are generally known for.

markolas
08-25-2004, 09:41 PM
I haven't heard it, either. I'm not sure if I'll buy it when it comes out. But maybe. I go back and forth on her stuff with Fleetwood Mac; I'm not a big fan of that overly sunny, adult contemporary pop, but I enjoy some of her songs with the band. What I've heard of In the Meantime doesn't sound bad, it just doesn't really catch my ear. I was initially excited by the prospect of her doing a solo album...I guess I thought it would be kind of a bluesy piano thing. But now I'm more interested in hearing the remastered Christine Perfect album, whenever that's coming out.

macfan 57
08-26-2004, 06:20 AM

I completely agree. This album was pretty much what I expected it to be. I'm still listening to it on a regular basis 2 months after I got it & I'm not tired of it at all. She's not going to change her style after 30 some years which I'm very happy about. I think it's a terrific mellow pop record that has a slightly bluesy feel to it. If you want to listen to a noisy, loud rock album with lots of boring, endless guitar solos, this album isn't for you. I don't mind that there's not more jamming, but then I'm not a musician. I tend to focus more on the melody & vocals when I listen to music & I think Christine's voice is the best it's ever been. The only complaint that I have is I would have liked some piano on the album. I LOVE piano solos. But, that's a minor complaint. I'd give the album an A, although I'm certainly biased. :) I hope she records again sometime. A blues album with the focus on her piano would be terrific, although I'd be happy with anything.

Claudia
08-26-2004, 08:45 AM
I wasn't disapointed, I actually haven't got much of a will-power and wasn't able to keep myself from listening to a few clips, so basily it was as I expected, even a little better, I must say.

I like the album a lot, it still is a regular on my cd-player after about two months. I didn't expect her to change, she is good at what she does and I like her 'style'. I actually find a few songs extremely catchy and find myself singing (very badly) along. :p

CFR
08-26-2004, 10:50 AM
Yup, you sure can't please everybody, especially in this day of immediate satisfaction and one-song-per-artist-downloading. Stevie herself said, "It isn't about art anymore". How right she is.

An album is a collection of an artists work. Not everything is going to please everybody. But a true artist works for themselves, not you or me. If we like what an artist does then that's icing on the cake for the artist. I'm glad Christine didn't sell out or cater to please certain people.

And this is how I look at it; Christine didn't have to do anything at all! If that had happened there wouldn't be anything new of hers to enjoy!

I love the album, I love Christine's voice. Not every single song works for me but I couldn't be happier. Like I've said before, if this cd were vinyl I'd have to replace it already. :thumbsup:

Aisling
08-26-2004, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=jbrownsjr]
get rid of liar
QUOTE]

that's madness!! madness i tell you!! :p i absolutely adore 'liar', and i would be heartbroken if it wasn't on the album.

but getting back to the subject at hand, no i was not disappointed with ITM. on a happiness scale of 1 to 10, i feel i am at about 8 with the album.

the one and only thing that nags me a bit is the uniformity of the production. i feel that some of the songs simply don't sound as if they're quite finished. that doesn't take away from them being wonderful songs, it just means i think there's room for evolution.

jbrownsjr
08-26-2004, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=jbrownsjr]
get rid of liar
QUOTE]

that's madness!! madness i tell you!! :p i absolutely adore 'liar', and i would be heartbroken if it wasn't on the album.

but getting back to the subject at hand, no i was not disappointed with ITM. on a happiness scale of 1 to 10, i feel i am at about 8 with the album.

the one and only thing that nags me a bit is the uniformity of the production. i feel that some of the songs simply don't sound as if they're quite finished. that doesn't take away from them being wonderful songs, it just means i think there's room for evolution.

Liar is finally starting to grow on me. But it could be so much more!!

Aisling
08-26-2004, 01:52 PM
Liar is finally starting to grow on me. But it could be so much more!!

for me, it was the first song that immediately stood out on the album. it used to be my favourite. now i love forgiveness best.

jbrownsjr
08-26-2004, 02:01 PM
for me, it was the first song that immediately stood out on the album. it used to be my favourite. now i love forgiveness best.

I love the way she ends forgiveness!!! Again, she could have done some really cool vocals here and actually closed the whole album with that song.

Minor stuff however.

Aisling
08-26-2004, 02:12 PM
I love the way she ends forgiveness!!! Again, she could have done some really cool vocals here and actually closed the whole album with that song.

Minor stuff however.

oh i am OBSESSED with the way she ends forgiveness. i love it!! and i agree with you, she should have closed the album with that song. but i lump that tiny detail in with my overall "production" complaint. if i had my way, the whole track list would be different.

ThePenguin
08-26-2004, 02:45 PM
I really like the album and I listen to it a lot. But I do sometimes skip over a couple of songs, and a couple seem to drag on just a bit too long w/ repetitive choruses. I would've liked a bit more piano also. As John once said, "Unless you've heard the old Chicken Shack records, you haven't heard Chris play blues piano!" I guess even he wished she'd maybe get back to her roots a bit. :o

Her voice, however, sounds absolutely amazing. She has never sounded better IMO. I am very glad she made this album!! Would love to give her hug and say thanks! :xoxo:

-Lis

jbrownsjr
08-26-2004, 06:04 PM
Yeah there's no question that her voice sounds beautiful.

Aisling
08-26-2004, 06:14 PM
Yeah there's no question that her voice sounds beautiful.

oh definitely, and even the people who've given the album not-so-good reviews have admitted that much.

jbrownsjr
08-26-2004, 07:01 PM
oh definitely, and even the people who've given the album not-so-good reviews have admitted that much.

indeed.....................

jwd
08-26-2004, 08:21 PM
oh i am OBSESSED with the way she ends forgiveness.

Yes, that is a very cool orchestration going on there. That song has really grown on me a lot since I first listened to ITM.

I think "Calumny" is one of the best, if not the best ballads she has ever sung. I think it's become my favorite track, especially if I'm in a melancholy mood. The way Chris sings the song conveys perfectly the emotion and feeling of the song.

I'll just say again that I'm just happy to have this record and I thank Chris for taking that journey again, with us. :)

jbrownsjr
08-26-2004, 10:41 PM
Yes, that is a very cool orchestration going on there. That song has really grown on me a lot since I first listened to ITM.

I think "Calumny" is one of the best, if not the best ballads she has ever sung. I think it's become my favorite track, especially if I'm in a melancholy mood. The way Chris sings the song conveys perfectly the emotion and feeling of the song.

I'll just say again that I'm just happy to have this record and I thank Chris for taking that journey again, with us. :)

Calumy has brought tears to my eyes. Truthfully.

Johnny Stew
08-27-2004, 12:07 AM
Hurry up, September 7th!!!

macfan 57
08-27-2004, 06:15 AM
"Calumny" is my favorite song on the album. I actually think it's right up there with "Songbird". I don't usually get too emotional about songs, but "Calumny" is an exception. When you think about it, Dan Perfect must be a pretty terrific songwriter. "Calumny" & "Northern Star" are 2 fantastic songs. I wonder if he has anymore like that up his sleeve. :)

The only song I have any problem with is "Easy Come Easy Go". It's my least favorite song on the album. I don't really dislike it, but I wouldn't really miss it if it wasn't on the album. I also would have reversed the tracking order of "Givin' It Back" & "Forgiveness". I too LOVE how "Forgiveness" changes at the end.

I also agree with everyone about Christine's voice. It's the best that she's ever sang, in my opinion. I can't figure out how she can sound so good if she still smokes though. I think her vocals dominate the album. That may have been her intention, too.

Ali
08-27-2004, 09:29 AM
"Calumny" is my favorite song on the album. I actually think it's right up there with "Songbird". I don't usually get too emotional about songs, but "Calumny" is an exception. When you think about it, Dan Perfect must be a pretty terrific songwriter. "Calumny" & "Northern Star" are 2 fantastic songs. I wonder if he has anymore like that up his sleeve. :)

I agree, "Calumny" is sooooo beautiful. It hasn't made me cry yet but I'm sure a few more listens will get me there.

The only song I'm really not fond of is "Bad Journey". It just sounds kinda cheesy to me (I can't believe I'm saying that about a Christine song). But I wouldn't trade the rest of the album for anything.

Aisling
08-27-2004, 11:32 AM
I agree, "Calumny" is sooooo beautiful. It hasn't made me cry yet but I'm sure a few more listens will get me there.

The only song I'm really not fond of is "Bad Journey". It just sounds kinda cheesy to me (I can't believe I'm saying that about a Christine song). But I wouldn't trade the rest of the album for anything.

i kind of like 'bad journey'. . .i have a little problem with the chorus, but i enjoy the general tone of the song.

the one song on ITM that i can't seem to get into is "sweet revenge". i know a lot of people love that one, and i thought i would like it too after reading the lyrics. . .but for some reason it just falls flat with me.

but i agree with everyone's comments about 'calumny'. the first time i listened to it i also cried! i would love to see it released as a single.

jbrownsjr
08-27-2004, 01:03 PM
Bad Journey is my favorite song on this album. I think it's the most experiemental and it soars at times.

Claudia
08-27-2004, 01:33 PM
Yes, 'Bad Journey' is one of my favourites too, it has a different feel to it than the others. I like it a lot!

David
08-28-2004, 05:33 PM
I also agree with everyone about Christine's voice. It's the best that she's ever sang, in my opinion. I can't figure out how she can sound so good if she still smokes though. I think her vocals dominate the album. That may have been her intention, too.You're right -- this is some of the best studio singing she's ever done. Her voice is as rich & personal as it ever was, & she's trying some things she's never done before, either.

I think of the three pop-era vocalists in Fleetwood, Christine is the only one who can still sing.

Cristian
08-28-2004, 10:40 PM
I have to confess that I was a little bit dissapointed with the album, too. But not really because of the song style or thematics, which I happen to love...

I think it had to do with the fact that Christine and people around her spoke about this album having 'all killer, no filler' and stuff like that. This is a really good album, good enough to relax and with very interesting lyrics at some points, but it does contain the habitual dose of fillers ("Anything Is Possible", "Easy Come Easy Go" come to mind now), which is not bad... I guess I was expecting a masterpiece and what I got was a really good adult contemporary album. It had more to do with my own expectatives than with the album itself.

Because the lyrics are good, the vocals are just gorgeous, and some of the songs (particularly the first two and the last one) are incredibly good. And the Christine McVie from Fleetwood Mac is still there, and I love the fact that she came back, and that the single is being succesful, and that the album itself is very enjoyable, and possibly one of the best things I've heard this year.

But why oh why was I expecting more than that?

Cristian
08-28-2004, 10:43 PM
I think of the three pop-era vocalists in Fleetwood, Christine is the only one who can still sing.

As polemic as this statement can be, I 100% agree with it. Lindsey's voice is damaged without a possible solution, and Stevie's vocals were good until Trouble In Shangri-La, in my opinion. Her only standout lead vocal in Say You Will was "Smile At You"... and in the tour, whilst she's sung with a lot of passion as always, well... her range leaves a lot to be desired (don't hit me I still love her!)

Christine, on the other hand, still mantains much of her charming vocal style. :nod:

jbrownsjr
08-29-2004, 01:09 PM
You're right -- this is some of the best studio singing she's ever done. Her voice is as rich & personal as it ever was, & she's trying some things she's never done before, either.

I agree 100%. I was listening to the AOL live sessions of Peacekeeper and I was sort of disappointed in the LB/Stevie live sound. It's better in studio.

diamondsnake
09-02-2004, 07:51 AM
Well I agree that Lindsey's voice is not that great these days, especially on the live Bootlegs I've heard from the tour (I'm so excited when I am actually there that I generally don't notice), but Stevie's voice is just so unique and cool! Her voice is strange, of course, and not for everyone... but I just think her voice rocks! It sends chills up my spine in songs like illume and makes me feel warm and fuzzy in songs like I Miss You or Everyday and shocks me in songs like Trouble in Shangri La, Smile at You, and Everybody Finds Out. I just am adicted to her raspy vocals I guess.

dissention
09-02-2004, 08:23 AM
As polemic as this statement can be, I 100% agree with it. Lindsey's voice is damaged without a possible solution, and Stevie's vocals were good until Trouble In Shangri-La, in my opinion. Her only standout lead vocal in Say You Will was "Smile At You"... and in the tour, whilst she's sung with a lot of passion as always, well... her range leaves a lot to be desired (don't hit me I still love her!)

Christine, on the other hand, still mantains much of her charming vocal style. :nod:

I think they all can sing, but some just choose not to put all their effort into sounding fantastic because they're afraid of something. I have to say that, for me, Stevie lost something in her voice right around TISL. Listening to AHI 2000 and then listening to even her Blockbuster Awards performance, there is a VERY stark difference in voice; something happened and I just can't put my finger on it. It got much more lower and rawer. She does sound ten times better than on the TISL tour, though, and Beautiful Child is a knock-out. But she doesn't seem to want to do much of anything with her voice, she just wants to drone on and stay as safe as possible and I think it makes her performances a tad boring at times. Johnny has said that she's probably just more concerned with sounding pitch-perfect more than ever before, but I think that's why she doesn't sound as good; because she's concentrating so much that it muddles her performance.

They all have some cringeworthy live vocals on bootlegs, every one of them. Lindsey just doesn't seem to give a **** about sounding pitch-perfect, he's just there to rock. While we can argue over how he or Stevie sound terrible on a certain bootleg, there certainly aren't many complaints about either one when people are actually seeing them live. :thumbsup:

And when I doubt their vocal talents these days, I just pop in Love Minus Zero and Everybody Finds Out, or a bootleg to hear Say Goodbye (where Lindsey and Stevie sound equally amazing).

jbrownsjr
09-02-2004, 12:02 PM
Well if Johnny said it, then it must be true! :D

cliffdweller
09-02-2004, 02:53 PM
Not everything is going to please everybody. But a true artist works for themselves, not you or me. If we like what an artist does then that's icing on the cake for the artist. I'm glad Christine didn't sell out or cater to please certain people.

I see your point, however, Christine is a pop artist and pop artists, while creating art for themselves as you put it, also must care if people like what they put out, otherwise why do it? It's not like she's some kind of experimental avante garde artists or something. If noone buys her album then it seems like a waste of her time. It also seems insulting to Chris as an artist who is of the popular genre, and who creates music both for personal satisfaction and reflection, but also, and sometimes more importantly,with the intention of the artistic artifact having mass appeal.

Vianna
09-03-2004, 01:06 PM
I like it, but it's not her music on Tusk...but then, nothing any of them produces any more is. Tusk must have been a moment:)

I love Friend, You Are, Forgiveness, Northern Star. The rest I can take or leave.

Listen to Wish You Were Here on Mirage. In the Meantime almost sounds like a continuation...

I like her music better now that Eddy Quintela isn't helping her with it anymore.

I'd love to hear her in Chicken Shack-I never have heard that.

Whatever, I love this lady :D

Johnny Stew
09-03-2004, 03:40 PM
But she doesn't seem to want to do much of anything with her voice, she just wants to drone on and stay as safe as possible and I think it makes her performances a tad boring at times. Johnny has said that she's probably just more concerned with sounding pitch-perfect more than ever before, but I think that's why she doesn't sound as good; because she's concentrating so much that it muddles her performance.

I really do think that's what it comes down to. She's afraid that, if she takes a chance at hitting a note she hasn't rehearsed or sung a million times, then she might not hit it... so she just doesn't try. Preferring to stay in her "comfort range."

I've often felt that her working with a voice coach on the 'Dance' tour was the "beginning of the end," as far as Stevie's days of vocal risk-taking.

I find myself between a rock and a hard place though, because I still love how she's singing these days. I think she sounds fantastic... different, but fantastic. I also think she's singing certain songs better than she EVER could have sung them live before (case in point: "Beautiful Child" and "Goodbye Baby").

But, at the same time, I find myself longing for the days when she'd cut loose on every line of every song, and would let the chips fall wherever they may.

It caused some cringe-worthy moments over the years, but it also provided MANY exhilarating, "how the hell does she DO that" moments.

And I don't really mean to steer a thread about Christine, on her own forum no less, towards Stevie again, so I'd like to add that I wholeheartedly agree that Christine has always been the better singer in Fleetwood Mac, technically speaking.
Of every singer who's passed through their ranks, she still stands out as the best all-around vocalist.

Johnny Stew
09-03-2004, 03:43 PM
Well if Johnny said it, then it must be true! :D

You know it, bub! ;) :xoxo: :laugh:

blinker12
09-04-2004, 09:59 PM
I've often felt that her working with a voice coach on the 'Dance' tour was the "beginning of the end," as far as Stevie's days of vocal risk-taking.

In some cases, though, I think the training actually emboldened her. Take "Silver Springs"; I don't think she would have dared try to hit the high notes in the verse a few years before "The Dance."
In my opinion, her worst singing days were 1989-1993, when she not only didn't take risks, but didn't even sound good playing it safe. She couldn't sing a note in tune to save her life on the BTM and Timespace tours.
Sorry to further the Stevie digression. :)

David
09-05-2004, 10:09 PM
In my opinion, her worst singing days were 1989-1993, when she not only didn't take risks, but didn't even sound good playing it safe. She couldn't sing a note in tune to save her life on the BTM and Timespace tours.Interesting comments from several of you.
To me, Stevie's problems as a singer are beyond her control, & started back on the 1987 tour. It's just not her fault, obviously, but she's got a 55-year-old voice, still pleasantly gin-soaked but so deep that's it's like a basso profundo, & it's lost its pliancy. Stevie has the Mary Travers Syndrome. Poor Stevie's voice box is like an echo chamber filled with phlegm. I know people find it romantic to attribute any perceived decline in her singing to this drug or that drug or smoking or whatever, but I think it's essentially just aging that's responsible.

I'm not sure what her vocal coach has been doing with her -- maybe concentrating on saving what remains rather than creating more pliancy & extending the range. Where are her arpeggiated figures & her somersaulting (so prevalent on the Wild Heart Tour)? Age has destroyed them. And so it must to many of our voices.

GateandGarden
09-06-2004, 04:53 PM
I just got the CD, and I dislike some of the songs I thought I would love when I really got to listen to them, such as "Friend" and "Northern Star." The lyrics just don't seem to work for me. But, for whatever reason, I'm really fond of "Anything is Possible" and "Sweet Revenge." I like "You Are," but it kind of got old fast for me. I really can't take "Bad Journey." Someone already mentioned this, but I wish that the songs sounded more like her Tusk songs, but I know that's not going to happen. Some of the songs remind me a little bit of "Only Over You" and "Wish You Were Here," except I LOVED those after one listen, and much of this album doesn't seem all that great to me after one listen. Of course, I've been told that I need to give it time, so I'll have to see what transpires.

Hillary

MacMan
09-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Just picked up the cd today... and I have to say, I'm getting into it. Of course the first couple of tunes I've been hearing now abit so I'm grooving on those and really like Friend the more I hear it and believe that it's the strongest song on the cd... But Anything is possible is pretty great and I like So Sincere as well. And I know I'll like Norther Star after a few more listens to it. But overall, it's not to bad. It's relaxing... easy listening... Something I'd throw on first thing in the morning or on a Sunday morning.. Something nice and not too jaring.

I'd give it a 3 out of 5 at first listen.

ShangriLaTroubl
09-08-2004, 09:31 PM
I personally enjoy the CD a lot...BAD Journey is my fav...very catchy

I agree, some of the songs dont do anything for me, like "calumny," "anything is possible," "sincere", "liar. " But "friend" "you are" and "bad journey" really have me going...and the very last one, cant remember the name

"so i pick myself up/cos i put myself down"

Chris

MacMan
09-09-2004, 06:39 AM
Yeah the last track is a nice way to end the album...

HejiraNYC
09-09-2004, 08:17 AM
Yeah the last track is a nice way to end the album...

Definitely! And as far as someone lamenting about the lack of "Tusk" sound on the new album, I think "Giving it Back" comes very close. It has that vaguely watered-down "world beat" vibe and those gorgeous layered vocals at the end ala "Storms."

CFR
09-09-2004, 09:02 AM
Just picked up the cd today... and I have to say, I'm getting into it. Of course the first couple of tunes I've been hearing now abit so I'm grooving on those and really like Friend the more I hear it and believe that it's the strongest song on the cd... But Anything is possible is pretty great and I like So Sincere as well. And I know I'll like Norther Star after a few more listens to it. But overall, it's not to bad. It's relaxing... easy listening... Something I'd throw on first thing in the morning or on a Sunday morning.. Something nice and not too jaring.

I'd give it a 3 out of 5 at first listen.

I'm with you! There's no secret here. Christine wasn't after to paint another Mona Lisa, she just wanted to make a nice, simple, easy listening album that reflects where she's at and she has done that admirably! I've had the cd since June or whenever it came out so I've had the jump on you for a while now. But I have played it FAR more times than I ever played SYW. I just like it so much more. When I play it my wife starts dancing around the room! She LOVES "Forgiveness". Very catchy tune to dance to. :D

Christine's voice is so soothing, so pretty, so elegant. She could sing the Bible and I'd listen. :)

It's so cool that you are getting into it so. And everyone else too!
:thumbsup:

Oh almost forgot....I'd give the album a solid 4 out of 5 stars!

blinker12
09-09-2004, 11:13 AM
I have played it FAR more times than I ever played SYW. I just like it so much more.

I hadn't thought about it before, but I've played it a lot more than SYW too. I don't necessarily think it's a better album, but it's more manageable. SYW is just so long and there are several Lindsey songs ("Come," "Murrow") I skip. On "Meantime," I only skip "Easy Come Easy Go."

CFR
09-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Oh I hear ya, Blinker. It does not necessarily mean Christine's album is better OR worse than SYW, I just simply like it more. I just find it a more enjoyable and pleasant listen. Plus, I am partial to Christines voice. Her voice is simply.....graceful, elegant....beautiful. She has lost nothing. She is truely blessed. She is a songbird. :angel:

Gailh
09-09-2004, 01:37 PM
But I have played it FAR more times than I ever played SYW. I just like it so much more. Christine's voice is so soothing, so pretty, so elegant. She could sing the Bible and I'd listen. :)

Me too!

I struggle to listen to SYW all the way through (I possibly have the attention span of a retarted ant) I think it's too long.

I think she's made a very honest album. This is how she is, she's not going to change now. So if you like well written, well crafted, well sung rock/pop then this is your album - if not hell don't buy it!

Gail

macfan 57
09-09-2004, 03:37 PM
I think she's made a very honest album. This is how she is, she's not going to change now. So if you like well written, well crafted, well sung rock/pop then this is your album - if not hell don't buy it!

Gail

I agree. And, I love her voice, even if she herself hates it. She could sing the phone book and make it sound beautiful. In The Meantime is a great way to start off the day. That's pretty much how I've started off most of my days the last several months. :)

HomerMcvie
09-09-2004, 04:21 PM
And the most AMAZING thing is that she sounds as wonderful as EVER! :xoxo:
I can think of two other singers who now sound like ****, compared to 20 years ago. Most singers go steadily downhill after about 35. Not our Chris. :]

jbrownsjr
09-09-2004, 04:42 PM
There's no doubt her voice is sweet as ever! :woohoo:

macfan 57
09-09-2004, 05:42 PM
I can think of two other singers who now sound like ****, compared to 20 years ago.

Now, who might you have in mind? :laugh:

HomerMcvie
09-09-2004, 05:49 PM
Now, who might you have in mind?
Oh, I don't know......one of them used to remind me of a goat- that had some singing range, now, :( , just the former.

jbrownsjr
09-09-2004, 06:38 PM
Now, who might you have in mind? :laugh:

Leave Michael Jackson and Cher alone!!!

GateandGarden
09-11-2004, 07:55 AM
I've been listening to it more in the past week, and I have to say that I LOVE "Forgiveness." I think it's one of the best songs on the CD. And I know I'm not the first to say this, but I think the ending is beautiful.

Hillary

jwd
09-11-2004, 11:51 AM
and I have to say that I LOVE "Forgiveness." I think it's one of the best songs on the CD. And I know I'm not the first to say this, but I think the ending is beautiful.

:nod: Agree completely. I think I'll go listen to it right now! :)

jbrownsjr
09-11-2004, 12:30 PM
:nod: Agree completely. I think I'll go listen to it right now! :)

Me too!!!!!!!!!!

jwd
09-11-2004, 12:36 PM
Me too!!!!!!!!!!

WARNING!! This will lead to extended play of the rest of the cd! :laugh:

That's just, that's just the way it is.

David
09-11-2004, 01:03 PM
I dig the new acoustic version of "Friend." You can hear Chris play the same blues-lick-with-grace-notes she's been playing ever since "No Road Is the Right Road"!

jbrownsjr
09-11-2004, 02:15 PM
someone post this! (friend acoustic version)

i have windows 98 :distress:

MacMan
09-11-2004, 02:17 PM
What accoustic version of Friend???

macfan 57
09-11-2004, 03:31 PM
What accoustic version of Friend???

It's an iTunes exclusive. It's gorgeous! :thumbsup:

blinker12
09-11-2004, 10:22 PM
It's an iTunes exclusive. It's gorgeous! :thumbsup:

I like how you can hear Christine's keyboard work more clearly.
But really, isn't it just the album version of "Friend" with about 10 tracks stripped away? The vocal, keys, bass and guitar are exactly the same as far as I can tell.

MacMan
09-12-2004, 01:01 AM
Oh really.. Interesting, I'll have to look for that.

macfan 57
09-12-2004, 05:47 AM
But really, isn't it just the album version of "Friend" with about 10 tracks stripped away? The vocal, keys, bass and guitar are exactly the same as far as I can tell.

It could be. It's still beautiful. Her keyboards on this acoustic version remind me of her keyboards on the Christine Perfect album.