PDA

View Full Version : Remastered DM guest appearances

wetcamelfood
08-17-2004, 08:08 PM
This is a longshot, but I see that the Jimi Hendrix "Live at the Royal Albert Hall" show (from 2/24/69 that DM was at & played on at least "Room full of mirrors" and maybe more) is to be officially remastered and released by Experience Hendrix/MCA/UME on 9/21/04 in the US and Polydor/Chronicles are going to release a "deluxe" version of Eric Clapton's "461 Ocean Boulevard" (so I wonder if "Ain't that lovin' you" which was an outtake from these sessions & appeared on the EC "Crossroads" box set might be on this reissue with maybe more Dave guested tracks) to hit the US stores on 9/28/04. Does anyone have any further info on these? (i.e. tracklistings? etc.). I know I'll still need to hang on to my "Crossroads" box for other Dave appearances but it just would be good to know what they were going to consist of fully before purchasing, so please do post about it here if you know anything more about either of these. I just heard about these in ICE magazine. Thanks in advance if anyone does have anything on these items they can post about here. :)

John

chiliD
08-18-2004, 12:36 PM
The Jimi Hendrix one is just a remaster of the album that was originally released as the soundtrack to the movie Experience...the movie of which was never released. Dave Mason & Chris Wood (both then of Traffic) sat in on "Room Full Of Mirrors". The whole concert was a great performance by Jimi and is one my favorite Hendrix performances.

The track list is:

Sunshine Of Your Love
Bleeding Heart (a song of Jimi's which was covered by Fleetwood Mac w/Jeremy Spencer taking lead vocals)
Fire
Little Wing (which was mistitled "Little Ivey" on the original release)
Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)
Room Full Of Mirrors
Purple Haze
Wild Thing
Smashing Of Amps