PDA

View Full Version : Christine & Bonnie Raitt

macfan 57
08-08-2004, 06:32 AM
Jeff on the Legacy board posted this link. He got it from the Burnish website. Apparently, there is an unreleased Bonnie Raitt song with Christine on backing vocals floating around. This song was eventually released on a Bonnie Raitt album, but not this early version. Jeff thinks that the vocals between Bonnie & Christine are terrific together.

http://www.jimvallance.com/01-music-folder/songs-folder-may-27/pg-song-raitt-no-way-to.html

Unfortunately, you have to have quicktime in order to hear this song. I don't think quicktime is compatible with my computer. Also, does anyone know how to convert this to an MP3 so it can be downloaded.

nodmod
08-08-2004, 07:37 AM
If you stream the music file it will place an MP3 called "raitt-bonnie-mix.mp3" in your temporary internet files, move this file and you have a version to keep.

Plus the file should be directly accessable from this link
- http://www.jimvallance.com/01-music-folder/audio/audio-peripheral/raitt-bonnie-mix.mp3

macfan 57
08-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Neil,
I got your instant message. You don't have to send me the song via e-mail. I right clicked the link that you gave & now the song is on my hard drive. I also provided a link to this thread to Jeff on the Legacy board. He could listen to the song, but couldn't figure out how to save it to his computer. Many thanks for all your help!! I like the song, too & I can hear Christine. :)

Aisling
08-08-2004, 04:21 PM
thanks for the link! it's a shame chris wasn't around to sing on the album version, because the song is very good. . .

jbrownsjr
08-09-2004, 06:23 PM
could really make out chris..... :cool:

gypsygem81
08-11-2004, 05:29 PM
I think this is just great! I love Bonnie and didn't realise she and Chris had worked together. But I can imagine Chris and Bonnie getting along really well - I think they have a similar sense of humour. And they both come fro a bluesy background. It's fabulous to hear two of my favourite artists singing together!

Love Gem