PDA

View Full Version : Peter Green: A Hard Road on Ovation Aug. 1, 04

Les
07-29-2004, 12:13 PM
Hi,

I don't get the Ovation Network, but I was looking at www.rockontv.com and they say that Peter Green: A Hard Road is scheduled on the Ovation Network for Sunday, Aug. 1, 2004 if anyone is able to catch it:

Show: Peter Green: A Hard Road
Episode: Peter Green: A Hard Road
Network: (OVA) OVATION * The Arts Network
Date: Sunday - August 01, 2004
Time: 03:30 pm - 04:00 pm ET

About Peter Green: A Hard Road
This is an exclusive, in-depth film about the life of a rock legend. Guitarist Peter Green’s band Fleetwood Mac was voted in a 1969 poll as more popular than The Beatles or The Rolling Stones. But at the pinnacle of his success, Green retreated from public life, blaming LSD use on his increasingly fragile mental health. In the past 25 years he has tried to give away his fortune, was rumored to be homeless, and has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals. Now he’s making a comeback. This profile tells the story of a lost quarter century as it follows Peter Green and his new band into the studio and out on the road.

About OVA: OVATION * The Arts Network
OVATION is the only television network devoted exclusively to the arts, featuring performance and documentary style programming on the visual arts, theater, opera, classical music and jazz, architecture, design, literature and dance. The line-up includes: profiles of best-loved and up-and-coming artists; documentaries on all of the arts, premier performances; behind-the-scenes coverage of important arts events; tours of great museums and exhibitions; explorations into the arts of cultures around the world; current cultural news and children's arts programming.

chiliD
07-29-2004, 01:38 PM
That was filmed for Peter's Splinter Group comeback in 1996. He's obviously come a LONNNG way since that was filmed.

sharksfan2000
07-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the clarification, chiliD. I wondered if the Ovation show was actually this film, since I've heard of it but never seen it. Just curious, have you seen the "A Hard Road" film? Do you know whether it's available anywhere (and whether it's any good)?

I've asked a bunch of my friends but no one gets that Ovation channel.