PDA

View Full Version : Random Billy Burnette sighting!

princessblair
07-18-2004, 05:03 PM
John Fogerty played Mankato, MN last night and I was in attendance. Much to my surprise, I learned that one of his backup guitar players was Billy Burnette! Had I known in advance, I would have brought an album for him to sign :)

macfan 57
07-19-2004, 06:17 AM
Was George Hawkins there? He would have been the bass player. He played bass & co-wrote some songs on Christine's new album. I'd heard that both Billy & George were playing in John Fogerty's band on his tour.

princessblair
07-19-2004, 10:41 AM
Yes, George Hawkins was there! I was all excited at this and my friends just looked at me and said, "hmmm...I think she's had too much to drink!" :) It was a good show.

macfan 57
07-19-2004, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I can see why your friends would think it strange that you're at a John Fogerty show but you're excited about seeing 2 guys in his band. :laugh: I'm not really a John Fogerty fan, but I like both Billy & George. Glad you enjoyed the show. :)

estranged4life
07-24-2004, 03:15 PM
to show a Billy Burnette interview from years back on the "Best Of Crook & Chase" show, So if you have GAC the interview will be later in this hour.

wetcamelfood
07-24-2004, 03:36 PM
to show a Billy Burnette interview from years back on the "Best Of Crook & Chase" show, So if you have GAC the interview will be later in this hour.

ARGH! I think I'm too late for this. Do you know if the 2PM one scheduled for tomorrow is a rerun of this episode? I couldn't tell from the GAC website.

John

estranged4life
07-24-2004, 04:08 PM
ARGH! I think I'm too late for this. Do you know if the 2PM one scheduled for tomorrow is a rerun of this episode? I couldn't tell from the GAC website.

John

the online TV guide I use "Crook & Chase" will be rebroadcast tomorrow at 1PM CST & 6PM CST, but the guide doesnt list if it will be the same episode that was just shown...Hopefully it will be rebroadcast tomorrow because it is an interesting interview & live performance.

The funny thing is that Crook & Chase announced he just did the inauguration with FM...Did he? :laugh:

In this interview Billy was promoting his "Coming Home" cd. Billy stated he had just finished working on "the Chain" boxed set in LA & he just left FM "This week...I left on good terms with those guys, But with my country solo career & other things going on it was making me schizophrenic".