PDA

View Full Version : Christine interview in Mojo

trackaghost
07-14-2004, 08:15 AM
I've just posted this interview on Neil's website.

You can find it here:

http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Chris;action=display;num=1089810722;start=0#0

:)

macfan 57
07-14-2004, 10:42 AM
Thanks for posting. :) That article isn't anywhere nearly as interesting as that Classic Rock article. But, I LOVE that picture of the Kiln House line-up.

Gailh
07-14-2004, 10:49 AM
Thanks for posting the interview.

Miffed at her leaving? Is that all of them or just Mr Buckingham?

Gail

jbrownsjr
07-14-2004, 11:21 AM
Gosh that was great! Great pic! Thanks sharon

ThePenguin
07-14-2004, 11:38 AM
>>Miffed at her leaving? Is that all of them or just Mr Buckingham?<<

I got the impression it was LB and John who were miffed. Hmm. Not good... I'm all set to lanch my 'part two' of my little McVie essay and this comes out, argh, way to break my heart! LB has always said he suported C's decision to leave since he could relate to why she was doing it. John rarely says anything publicly so who knows what he felt when she left-- and she didn't just leave the *band* but she up and left the *continent*. I think it must have been very hard for both Mick and John to actually accept that she WAS NOT COMING BACK but geez, get over it...

Now I'm a bit sad. :-(

Oh well, in any case, part two will be out very soon.

-Lis

jbrownsjr
07-14-2004, 12:04 PM
I had always felt that they were pissed at her for leaving. (Except Stevie I guess a woman understands.)

Remember FMac is like the army or the mob. You don't just quit cos you want to. LB got a lot of flack too for it.

But remember Christine is the "First Lady" of FM, she didn't quit, she retired after 35 years of service. She produced most of the hits, went thru the roughest periods and paid her dues argueably more than any other band member.

On the other hand, if I were FMac, I would have a hard time getting over losing her too! I was listening to the Dance and missing that sound on Say You Will and thinking it's gone forever. But I guess never say never with FMac.

Gypsy-Rhiannon
07-14-2004, 12:21 PM
>>Miffed at her leaving? Is that all of them or just Mr Buckingham?<<

I got the impression it was LB and John who were miffed. Hmm. Not good...

-Lis
This goes along with something I was told last year by someone with the band when there was talk of Christine appearing on stage with them. I was told that Stevie and Mick were all for it and pushing for it but John and Lindsey were taking some persuading....

CarneVaca
07-14-2004, 01:26 PM
Careful with the interpretations gang. Read the quote:

I’m often in touch with Mick and occasionally speak to Stevie, but not so much Lindsey, and John [John and Christine divorced in 1977]. I still have a tender affection for all of them, but they were slightly miffed at my leaving.

I still have a tender affection for all of them, but they were slightly miffed... There's no way anyone can tell from that sentence that the they she is referring to is Lindsey and John. The they refers back to all of them grammatically. There's no mistaking that.

Now, it is possible that she meant Lindsey and John, but she did not say that. And even though the sentence in question follows the sentence about not being in touch with Lindsey and John, there's no guarantee that those two sentences weren't edited to be placed back to back. In other words, the first sentence may have followed the second in the actual conversation or the second sentence may have come considerably later than the edited transcript shows. The only way to find out for sure would be to ask the writer.

Or to ask Christine herself if she specifically meant that Lindsey and John were miffed.

Otherwise we're jumping to conclusions.

Gailh
07-14-2004, 01:28 PM
This goes along with something I was told last year by someone with the band when there was talk of Christine appearing on stage with them. I was told that Stevie and Mick were all for it and pushing for it but John and Lindsey were taking some persuading....

Well well.

Why would they be "miffed"? I understood she had made it clear that she wasn't doing any more after The Dance tour.

I had hoped she would play with them at Earls Court but maybe it was best left alone.

Gail

Gypsy-Rhiannon
07-14-2004, 02:45 PM
Well well.

Why would they be "miffed"? I understood she had made it clear that she wasn't doing any more after The Dance tour.

I had hoped she would play with them at Earls Court but maybe it was best left alone.

Gail
I wasn't told they were miffed.. just that they were taking some persuading

Pip

Gypsy-Rhiannon
07-14-2004, 02:46 PM
Careful with the interpretations gang. Read the quote:

I still have a tender affection for all of them, but they were slightly miffed... There's no way anyone can tell from that sentence that the they she is referring to is Lindsey and John. The they refers back to all of them grammatically. There's no mistaking that.

Now, it is possible that she meant Lindsey and John, but she did not say that. And even though the sentence in question follows the sentence about not being in touch with Lindsey and John, there's no guarantee that those two sentences weren't edited to be placed back to back. In other words, the first sentence may have followed the second in the actual conversation or the second sentence may have come considerably later than the edited transcript shows. The only way to find out for sure would be to ask the writer.

Or to ask Christine herself if she specifically meant that Lindsey and John were miffed.

Otherwise we're jumping to conclusions.
No conclusions from me... just relaying what I was told from a very good source

macfan 57
07-14-2004, 04:58 PM

I agree. That's the way I read it.

I do have to admit that I'm surprised that she hasn't stayed in contact with John. Lindsey, I would expect that since they were never really friends anyway. But, she's described John as being like a brother to her & I've always felt that there was a special bond between them since they were married at one time. In that video clip on her website, she says she still feels close to both Mick & John.

Also, Christine's memory is a little faulty. Atlantic City was not the last Dance show. The last show with THE definitive Fleetwood Mac line-up was in Landover, MD.

jbrownsjr
07-14-2004, 07:18 PM
LB and CM are friends. They have a great deal of respect for each other. I think Chris leaving may have brought on this, "we're better now" and "we can expand our sound more' blah blah blah (what else is he gonna say when all the critics are saying "yeah it's good but it's missing the balance of CMcVie")

I'm sure that pisses him off a lot.

With LB, he does this everytime something changes. "I've left FMac and only now can I expand my music." Sorry LB but your chords were virtually the same as your FM songs, but I did love the album... ~ Out of the Cradle

The new Fleetwood Mac is a little generic. Referring to BB and RV

Stevie and Chris are like lounge acts. blah blah blah

I love LB, he's a salty guy and always will be. If you piss him off he will make little digs at you. I remember reading some nasty quotes from him about Mick and Stevie. Oh and don't forget his quotes about John! and Bob Welch shall I go on?

If Chris joined the group again, his corp line would be, "MIck and I were making out in my studio and this was an organic process for us to convene back together as five blah blah blah."

Bottom line for me when LB plays I listen, when he talks, I tune him out.

And that pretty much goes for all of them, they have all been full of **** at some points on the timeline. But I think they love each other dearly on some level.

Now get back to work! all of you! quit surfing on company time! hee hee :laugh: