PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the US get In the Meantime?

mylittledemon
06-24-2004, 11:35 AM
Has anyone here in the US ordered "In the Meantime" and gotten it yet? If so, where did you get it? I'm looking to order it before its released here and I want to order it from somewhere that can ship it quick! I want my McVie!

ThePenguin
06-24-2004, 12:05 PM
I just got mine 2 minutes ago. :-) I ordered from Amazon; it got here in about 4-5 days.

-Lis

jbrownsjr
06-24-2004, 12:10 PM
I pre-ordered mine from Amazon.uk.co and I expect it anyday now. It shipped out on June 20, 2004 by airmail. I'll let you know when it arrives.

jbrownsjr
06-24-2004, 12:11 PM
I just got mine 2 minutes ago. :-) I ordered from Amazon; it got here in about 4-5 days.

-Lis

Lis,

I'll await your review! :wavey: :thumbsup:

Carlene
06-24-2004, 12:13 PM
I pre-ordered mine from Amazon.uk.co and I expect it anyday now. It shipped out on June 20, 2004 by airmail. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Same here. I think my amazon.uk.co email said mine went out on June 19, so I'm waiting patiently...tapping my foot, looking at my watch.... ;)

jbrownsjr
06-24-2004, 12:16 PM
Same here. I think my amazon.uk.co email said mine went out on June 19, so I'm waiting patiently...tapping my foot, looking at my watch.... ;)

I know it's sad. I can't be productive until that CD arrives!

Gailh
06-24-2004, 12:38 PM
I know it's sad. I can't be productive until that CD arrives!

I know how you feel. I was lucky enough to be able to buy it in England on Monday lunchtime. But Monday morning I was as distracted as hell and then in the afternoon I couldn't concentrate on anything because I knew the CD was in my bag and I couldn't wait to leave work and play it in the car on the way home.

I was considering feigning illness to go home early but I couldn't think of anything that would come on that quick!

Hopefully yours will arrive soon. Amazon.co.uk are normally pretty reliable

Gail

jbrownsjr
06-24-2004, 12:40 PM
I know how you feel. I was lucky enough to be able to buy it in England on Monday lunchtime. But Monday morning I was as distracted as hell and then in the afternoon I couldn't concentrate on anything because I knew the CD was in my bag and I couldn't wait to leave work and play it in the car on the way home.

I was considering feigning illness to go home early but I couldn't think of anything that would come on that quick!

Hopefully yours will arrive soon. Amazon.co.uk are normally pretty reliable

Gail

Gail,

That is so funny, I would fake an illness too to listen to my favorite artist! hahahahahah

And yes in the past Amazon uk has been pretty quick!

mylittledemon
06-24-2004, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the quick reponses guys. I just ordered it from Amazon UK. Should take about 7 business days! That's a little bit of a wait, but I'd rather have it in 10 days than wait until September!!

ThePenguin
06-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Well, I can't give a full review, having only heard the first two songs (darn children, keep wanting to watch the TV and not let me use the cd/dvd player!) but so far I LOVE it. :-) 'Friend' sounds amazing, great bluesy opener. It is so cool to hear the whole thing rather than a 1 minute snippet LOL. And of course 'You Are' sounds far better on my home sytem than it did coming across the computer speakers. I am so thankful Chris did this album. I keep looking at it in disbelief that she actually made another album, it stuns me LOL.

Other thoughts--

The picture of her two Lhasas is funny; one of them has quite a funny looking scrunched face, almost (dare i say it!) ugly. :-P My mom has had ****zus and boy, once in awhile you get a dog w/ an ugly mug, gotta love them. They're so ugly they're cute.

Also-- on several songs there appears to be no bass/bass player??? Unless that is included under Dan Perfect and 'guitars'? or maybe Chris did the bass part on a synthesizer? Weird.

One more randon thought-- i was organizing stuff in my FM collection last night (always an ongoing job!) and came upon the page from the University of Birmingham (I think this is right?) where Chris got the honorary music degree and her photo appeared w/ a small caption. The booklet thingie they publish w/ the info about the school happenings etc appears to be called 'Meantime'. At least that's what it said at the bottom, next to the date. So in 2001 Chris was 'in the Meantime'. Does this make sense? Wonder if that's where she got the title from. It totally struck me as being an odd coincidence. I notice little things like this...

OK one more stupid thing and I'll shut up....upon opening the case and seeing the disc-- it made me immediately think of the thread that recently appeared concerning the 'flying bird tattoo' on John McVie's hand, the darn bird looks almost the same. I guess maybe the bird is Sanctuary's logo or something... obviously no relation to John's tattoo. It just reminded me very much of it.
Again, weird coincidence, that's all.

Will try to hear the rest of the album tonight after the kids are in bed.

-Lis

Claudia
06-24-2004, 02:18 PM
I am so thankful Chris did this album. I keep looking at it in disbelief that she actually made another album, it stuns me LOL.

Me too!! I carry it around everywhere, but I'm still "adapting" to the fact that she made another album. It almost seems sureal. :)

diamondsnake
06-24-2004, 03:19 PM
I got mine today from Amazon.uk. It is great! It has a very different feel to it though. Not like anything she has done before!

Jessica
06-24-2004, 03:19 PM
Mine just came. I can't wait to listen to it!

macfan 57
06-24-2004, 03:54 PM
Mine just came this afternoon!!!! And, I've had my first listen to the entire album. I don't think I can give a complete review until I play it a few more times. It's fantastic!!!! I don't agree with the person that said this is a guitar based album. The keyboards are there. There are some real funky keyboards too.(I'm no keyboard expert, but it almost sounds as if there's a clavinet on a couple of songs.) The guitars are great. But, they don't dominate the album. I'd say that the keyboards & the guitars work together in tandem, with neither overshadowing the other. Christine's vocals really take over & dominate the album. This is the best I've ever heard her in over 35 years worth of recordings. Her voice has lost absolutely nothing over the years. Her range is fantastic. She can hit every note. Quite a few of the songs really showcase her voice. On first listen, my favorites so far are Calumny, Friend, Forgiveness, Anything Is Possible & Sweet Revenge. I'll probably post a full review after a few more listens as I dissect the songs. Thank God, Chris decided to "unretire".

Also, there's a terrific picture of Chris in the booklet. It's a more close-up shot of the picture on her website of her standing in front of a building.

littlelies7
06-24-2004, 05:36 PM
Mine actually came yesterday, but I wasn't home, and they didn't leave it in my mailbox.

Then, it came today! :woohoo: :blob1: :blob1:

Songbird4
06-24-2004, 06:29 PM
Thanks to everyone in the US who posted that they got thiers. I went down to my mailbox and there my copy was. It is on its way into the CD player!! I can't wait to hear it!!

~Kim

:D

P.S. I just love that there is a songbird on face of the CD!!

jbrownsjr
06-24-2004, 08:11 PM
I got mine too! :blob2: :xoxo: :blob1: :] :nod: :rolleyes: :D :xoxo: :blob2: :blob1:

Aisling
06-24-2004, 08:29 PM
almost everyone's came today, and mine didn't, i feel so neglected! i'm taking this up with my postman. . .it's just not right. i haven't been productive all week and this is the reason why! :D

estranged4life
06-24-2004, 08:34 PM
purchasing a copy next week (Or possibly this weekend), I already have received Way too much new music this week.

diamondsnake
06-24-2004, 10:19 PM
Mine actually came yesterday, but I wasn't home, and they didn't leave it in my mailbox.

Then, it came today! :woohoo: :blob1: :blob1:
Same here. I had no idea what the package was though. Good thing I didn't realize it was Christine's new album or I would be kicking myself for not being at home.

jwys_soapbox
06-24-2004, 11:56 PM
I just ordered a copy from Amazon UK. It said it cost a little bit more than 10 pounds. I wonder how much that will be in US dollars and also if I'm gonna have trouble since my Visa is based on US dollars. Any comments would be appreciated.

John

estranged4life
06-25-2004, 12:01 AM
equals $18.38 in US Dollars...

jwys_soapbox
06-25-2004, 12:04 AM
equals $18.38 in US Dollars...

Thanks, estranged4life, that's a pretty good deal considering how far the cd will travel and that the price includes the shipping!

John

estranged4life
06-25-2004, 12:08 AM
Thanks, estranged4life, that's a pretty good deal considering how far the cd will travel and that the price includes the shipping!

John

the average of a non-sale price CD in a store, So I see it as a very reasonable price (Still nowhere as cheap as my Near-Mint "Buckingham/Nicks" audio cassette that I won on eBay from a music store in Scotland for $4.00 including shipping!!!)

jwys_soapbox
06-25-2004, 07:53 AM
You know, I just realized that my copy of the 1984 solo cd is a Japanese import I got in the 80s because her album wasn't available on cd in the US for quite a long time. Now my copy of her new lp will be from the UK. "Isn't that weird?"

John

jbrownsjr
06-25-2004, 11:43 AM
You know, I just realized that my copy of the 1984 solo cd is a Japanese import I got in the 80s because her album wasn't available on cd in the US for quite a long time. Now my copy of her new lp will be from the UK. "Isn't that weird?"

John

"yes yes, that's very weird"

Gailh
06-25-2004, 12:36 PM

John

I've got the Japenese import version of the 1984 solo album.

I find the Japenese lyrics very useful when I want to sing along! :]

Gail

jwd
06-27-2004, 11:18 AM
You know I really expected to get mine last week sometime since it dispatched last Saturday, but I still haven't gotten it. I hope you're all enjoying the new Christine. At least I won't have to wait until September 7th :p

MikeBangle
06-27-2004, 03:25 PM
And I LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

MikeBangle

macfan 57
06-27-2004, 03:37 PM
Me, too!! I hope you get your CD SOON, jwd. :)

jwd
06-27-2004, 03:49 PM
Thanks macfan 57! I should have it in time for the big holiday weekend(that's a four day one for me)coming up and I'm sure I'll be playing it quite a lot. Most of what I've been reading is positive with people writing how they really love it. How cool, and what a great return of the classy Ms. McVie! :thumbsup:

jwys_soapbox
06-29-2004, 07:51 PM
Hey! I got my copy in the mail today. On my initial listen, it sound really good. It does have a very different sound than Say You Will, though, so I don't know if mixing the songs from both albums together will come off very well. Lindsey's production incorporates so many unusual sounds, while Christine's sound is more of a traditional rock band sound IMO. I'll post my review as soon as I have a few more listens and can get some perspective on it.

John

jwd
06-29-2004, 08:39 PM
I GOT MINE TODAY!!:] It's on it's second spin right now. Chris' voice is strong as ever and actually sounds like it has a little more range on this album. "Friend" is an excellent choice for a single and in my opinion is as good as any of her FM singles or songs. The vibe of the cd is already growing on me with the second listen through. What an enjoyable listening experience! :) Thanks Chris! :wavey:

jbrownsjr
06-30-2004, 12:54 AM
It's a great album isn't it. I love it!

tynan88
07-04-2004, 05:29 AM
I'm in Australia and I got mine about 7 days after it was released, I have been listening to it constantly and haven't got sick of it, it's amazing, I absolutely love it. There is such a nice variety of styles on it and I think it's wonderful.

Tynan

jwd
07-04-2004, 09:54 AM
I can't possibly say enough good things about this cd. It is better than anything I could have ever hoped for from Chris. In my opinion this cd is to Chris what Shangri-La was to Stevie and OOTC was to Lindsey. I have played this thing to the point where I should be getting sick of it, but it just keeps getting better with every listen. If you like Chris at all, you'll love this record. :xoxo: