PDA

View Full Version : Christine's web site up and running!

Gailh
06-04-2004, 09:35 AM
Some of us who should be working but find it more fun to browse have just discovered that Christine's web site is now (almost) fully operational!

Audio clips and a video interview with Christine and her nephew are there

I cant hear them because this damn computer does not have a sound card (just as well really or I'd never get any work done)

Gail

Aisling
06-04-2004, 10:33 AM
Some of us who should be working but find it more fun to browse have just discovered that Christine's web site is now (almost) fully operational!

Audio clips and a video interview with Christine and her nephew are there

I cant hear them because this damn computer does not have a sound card (just as well really or I'd never get any work done)

Gail

it completely figures that the one day i am SWAMPED with work, this would happen! now i can't devote all the time and energy that surfing christinemcvie.com requires. i also can't listen to any of the audio clips because my computer doesn't have speakers. :( ::cries::

for those luckier than i, what are your impressions of the song clips?? details for the less fortunate, PLEASE!!
-ailish

Aisling
06-04-2004, 10:37 AM
and wow, she looks GOOD in those photographs!! i love #5.

ThePenguin
06-04-2004, 10:38 AM
I am so in heaven right now. it is so good to see her and hear her, wow, and how cool is that home studio w the pictures of FM everywhere!!!
She is such a beautiful lady, I love her to pieces.

--Lis

Aisling
06-04-2004, 10:41 AM

--Lis

i will second that emotion.

wondergirl9847
06-04-2004, 10:49 AM
I just surfed the site. VERY nice. :) I like the songs Friend and You Are the most as of right now. Cool to hear minute clips! Dan is a cutie!

Mari
06-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Looks excellent :woohoo:
So many 'goodies', the audio clips AND video clips, AND beautiful photos... compliments to whoever made this page!
Oh and there's a forum coming too :woohoo:

strandinthewind
06-04-2004, 11:17 AM
She and the songs sound GREAT to these ears. I love her and wish her nothing but happiness and success!!!!!

Mari
06-04-2004, 11:23 AM
Waaaauww... she looks gorgeous in those videoclips!! (floats away on a pink cloud :D)

macfan 57
06-04-2004, 12:12 PM
Well, I'm late getting to the Ledge this morning. That's because Christine's site is now up & running. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

The song clips are fantastic!!! Her voice sounds wonderful. I can't wait to hear the entire album. The video clips are terrific!! She looks & sounds wonderful. It sounds like they're going to add some new clips later. She also clarifies the Fleetwood Mac situation. And, Dan Perfect is really her nephew. The new photos in the gallery are beautiful. And, a message board will be coming too. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to see & hear from her. It's been 6 long years now since The Dance ended.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

jbrownsjr
06-04-2004, 12:24 PM
What Macfan said! :wavey:

jbrownsjr
06-04-2004, 12:26 PM
I am so in heaven right now. it is so good to see her and hear her, wow, and how cool is that home studio w the pictures of FM everywhere!!!

--Lis

I'm so glad they put the penguin up there!! Very classy to pay tribute to the people that have honored them for so many years. I mean that from the bottom of my beating heart! :D

Anything is Possible

jwd
06-04-2004, 12:56 PM
The new site looks good. I've been listening to the 60 second song clips. Although it's a little hard to get the full effect from such short snippets, I think it's safe to say that Chris' voice has never sounded better. There's pop, rock, r&b, and I think even country(Givin' It Back) going on on the record. Nice range of styles. "Northern Star" is quickly becoming my favorite track from what I'm hearing. GOOSEBUMP SONG ALERT! A song that showcases Christine for the outstanding singer/lyricist that we all know she is. I'm liking "Anything Is Possible" a lot too. Can't wait to get my hands on this one. It's going to be blasting out my speakers from the summer into the fall and beyond. :woohoo:

Livia
06-04-2004, 03:45 PM
Woo-hoo! Good stuff! :blob1: Dan IS a cutie, huh? And seems very talented.

I'm the multi-tasking queen - I listened to the song clips WHILE I was working - just finished a month's worth of stacked-up filing.

And may I just add that her official website with all its bells and whistles is FREE!!! Kudos, Ms. McVie, for not letting someone like Mr. Toad talk you into ANY other way!!

sodascouts
06-04-2004, 03:47 PM
And may I just add that her official website with all its bells and whistles is FREE!!! Kudos, Ms. McVie, for not letting someone like Mr. Toad talk you into ANY other way!!

I thought the same thing, lol.

It's a fine website, and Christine sounds and looks great.

Gailh
06-04-2004, 03:49 PM
I have just had a total nightmare trying to hear the snippets of the songs! :mad:

First of all the damn Real Player said I needed some other components and tried to download them. Apparently they weren't right and it tried again - still not right - an hour has gone by at this stage. :mad:

Then it turned out I had some crappy old version of Real Player and had to download a newer version. I am on dial up so another 45 minutes goes by. :mad:

Finally I get to hear the songs. :]

I think they will take some listening to - but I'm looking forward to that

I think her nephew is really sweet and the dogs are lovely too! :)

Gail

Jessica
06-04-2004, 03:59 PM
:blob1: :blob1: :blob1:
:] :] :]

I love it!

Jessica :)

P.S. Add me to the list of people who think the cover photo doesn't look like her. I would have recognized her from any of the other shots, but the one on the cover doesn't even look like the same lady. Maybe it's the lipstick. I can't recall ever seeing her with bright red lipstick.

DeadliestPoison
06-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Damn, she sounds good.

I cannot wait for her album to come out. I'm definitely buying it.

xdreamsunwindx
06-04-2004, 04:42 PM
*bookmarks site*

Man, she looks and sounds so great. And I agree, Dan Perfect is extremely cute :). Awww. Plus, I'm so happy to see a virtually flash-free official website :D. Can't wait for the album!

-Kate

Bryan
06-04-2004, 05:08 PM
I am THRILLED that Chris' site is up and running. And I cant WAIT for the album!!

macfan 57
06-04-2004, 06:58 PM
Now, the music to "You Are" plays right when you access the website. It wasn't doing that earlier today. Also, I have a feeling that whoever is running the website must have checked out other Fleetwood Mac websites. In the links section, it says that the Penguin has a Christine forum.

Whoever put the website together did a great job. :thumbsup:

jbrownsjr
06-04-2004, 08:52 PM
I've been on the sight all day! :laugh:

tynan88
06-05-2004, 07:54 PM
My god the site is amazing, there has to be fan influence in there i reckon, surely someone here must know something. I love "Calumny" personally from what i've heard and northern star is also great. What i really want to know though is where is that footage coming from, I hope we see a full length doco on the making or hopefully more snippets on an enhanced cd when it comes.

Tynan

littlelies7
06-05-2004, 08:17 PM
Awesome!! Looks great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Johnny Stew
06-05-2004, 08:54 PM
I'm really enjoying these teasers. So far my favorites are "Friend," "Calumny," "Anything Is Possible," "Easy Come, Easy Go," "Sweet Revenge," and "Forgiveness."

Hurry September 7th! :nod:

macfan 57
06-06-2004, 06:50 AM
I hope we see a full length doco on the making or hopefully more snippets on an enhanced cd when it comes.
Tynan

Yes, I agree and release it directly through her website. I'd buy it in an instant. The footage is terrific!

Vianna
06-06-2004, 05:19 PM
Just visited the site and man it's cool! Can't wait for this album!

Lis, I agree-I love her to pieces, too!

jbrownsjr
06-07-2004, 10:50 AM
I love the "strings in Bad Journey"

Villavic
06-07-2004, 03:21 PM
It is incredible the litlle her voice has changed. Even on studio you can realize how Lindsey's or Stevie's voice has change with the time. Well it's natural (think in Elton John, Bee Gees, etc)

But Chris voice is almost the same as when she sang Say you love me. This english rose rules!!!!

terrivac
06-08-2004, 10:29 AM
she looks and sounds great. It was nice to hear her singing again. I really miss that with the current FM. She just adds something special.

Terri