PDA

View Full Version : The Story of John and Christine McVie!

ThePenguin
05-31-2004, 06:32 PM
Alright folks-- here it is. I have put up the first of my three part series on John and Christine McVie! If you're interested, check it out at:

The Story of John and Christine McVie (http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/themcvies.htm)

Hope you enjoy it. There are a couple of pretty rare pictures in there also. I'd love to hear feedback etc! :-)

-Lis

Gailh
06-01-2004, 07:25 AM
Is there no instrument this woman can't play?

We already know about the keyboards and then there's the guitar, bass guitar (Shades of Blue), accordian and now cello!

Gail

PS I loved the picture of her meeting John at the airport - can't she put the damn cigarette out for one minute?

HomerMcvie
06-01-2004, 12:00 PM
I can't understand why she never got to play guitar onstage.

Jessica
06-01-2004, 02:29 PM
I can't understand why she never got to play guitar onstage.

I have a vid taken at the Largo stop of the Tusk tour where she plays guitar on "Save Me a Place." It was a bit surprising, but cool. Chris and Lindsey both have a high level of musicianship, IMO.

Thanks for writing this, Lis. I learned some new stuff and was totally entertained. She usually downplays her keyboard/piano skills, so it was interesting to hear that others have a high opinion of her abilities.

Jessica :)

P.S. Does she still smoke?

ThePenguin
06-01-2004, 03:54 PM
Chris quit smoking in the late 80's/early 90's, i think. John is the only one of the 5 who still smokes, isn't he? But at least he quit the alcohol!

-Lis

macfan 57
06-01-2004, 04:10 PM
I downloaded a video clip from a Tusk rehearsal from Neil's U.K. site. The song was "The Ledge". Chris is playing guitar. She's wearing jeans & she looks very, very cool. Neil may still have that video available for download.

That Tusk rehearsal track "Save Me A Place" is another good one. I always loved to see Christine do something different like play guitar, drums or accordian.

I believe she quit smoking around the mid 90's. Unfortunately, John still smokes.

Jessica
06-01-2004, 06:22 PM
I'm glad to know she quit. It changed her voice, though. I don't care what Dan Perfect says, her voice is not as effortless now as it was pre-Rumours. It hasn't changed that much (certainly not as drastically as Ms. Stevie Nicks's), but it is a bit different. Of course I still enjoy it :)

Jessica