PDA

View Full Version : Where were you at 26?

Janet
05-05-2004, 12:04 AM
I am 26 and I feel I'm so behind in my life. For those who are also 26 or older...where were you in life???

I'm curious how far behind I am!!!

Rob67
05-05-2004, 12:32 AM
I am 26 and I feel I'm so behind in my life. For those who are also 26 or older...where were you in life???

I'm curious how far behind I am!!!

No worries!!! I just turned 28 and life has just gotten good. I am in the beginning stages of a loving relationship and it is awesome. This is a sudden and unexpected development (aren't they always?). Life is grand right now. At 26 I felt the same way. Don't give up!

Life after 26 is fine....I was a happy swingin single...and now? I dunno. Career wise I am still climbing the ladder to where I want to be but the sky is the limit in this country. Seize the day...

Best of Luck...Rob :cool:

tuigirl
05-05-2004, 12:58 AM
Well, crazy me at 26..arrived in the UK from NZ, single.. with only a suitcase and the promise of a 1 year job..and guess what..20 odd years later I'm still here...another job or 2 , with 2 lovely daughters and things are going very well for me personally right now...so be crazy, go mad and enjoy yourself! Things will be fine :blob2:

sodascouts
05-05-2004, 01:55 AM
When I turned 26, I was working at a community college and trying to decide if I wanted to put the time, effort, and expense into going back to school to get a PhD or continuing to teach at the community college level. I finally decided "If I'm ever going to get a PhD, I need to do it now" - and so I did (or rather, am currently attempting to do it now). The great thing about being single is that the only person you're responsible for (and accountable to) is yourself. Do what you want when you can!

Gypsy-Rhiannon
05-05-2004, 02:35 AM
I had my first child when I was 26... she is 8 next week!

laurie816
05-05-2004, 05:54 AM
Yikes!! I just realized 26 was 10 years ago :eek:

In 1994, I was married for 2 years at that point. I was working first shift in a clothing factory which I didn't really care for, but we were saving up to by a house. At that point we were living in a tiny 4 room apartment. So we were very motivated.

A year later, we moved into our house while I was 4 months pregnant with our son!!

But don't worry about being "far behind"...Everyone comes into their own at their own pace...and more often than not, it is so worth the wait :)

estranged4life
05-05-2004, 10:55 AM
I was busting my ass working in a retail store being that I was the only male employee (I had to do ALL of the manual labor/maintenance for the store.)

I was in my 3rd year of marriage & had less grey in my hair than I do now.

My music collection was about 95% cassette & 5% cd (Quite the opposite now) and 6 years removed from seeing a concert (Queensryche/Suicidal Tendencies on May 1, 1990).

Was I behind or ahead? I didnt care to know, I was just having fun that I was still alive & kickin' :laugh:

Villavic
05-05-2004, 10:56 AM
I worried when I turned 25. I felt I was not a young boy anymore. I never felt worry again, neither when I turned 30. Now I'm 37

In 1992 when I was 26, I just arrived from my Europe vacation trip. It was great. Thoug I traveled alone and it was hard, but cool anyway.

I was in kind of a transition phase of my life.

DeeGeMe
05-05-2004, 11:28 AM
My life didn't really get going until I was 35! I felt like you did--wondering if I'd ever find my career path or find myself for that matter. But I did. The thirties have ended up being the best decade of my life. I can't pretend I'm happy about turning 40 later this year, but if it's half as good as the last five years have been, then I'll be just fine. And you will be too. :)

darklinensuit
05-07-2004, 12:23 AM
At 26 I moved from Chicago to Texas, broke up with my girlfriend, had a falling out with some former college "friends" who turned out to be anything but, bought my first new used car in years, started life over in many ways, and ran up my blood pressure more than I should have. At 27 things got much better.

- Jake

sara1998
05-07-2004, 02:56 PM
I am 26, and so far, I have a 5 year old, been married, widowed, bought 2 houses, and have a good job with a company I plan to retire from. I feel like I've lived a lifetime.....

Maria

Janet
05-09-2004, 12:32 AM
WOW! These stories are amazing guys thanks!

I live on my own. I moved out at 23. I have worked at the same job since I was 20, I don't even have health insurance. I am VERY single, my last relationship was now 2 years ago-ish. I have travelled, been in love, partied hard, been different kinds of jobs, did school...but yet it's like, I thought by now either I'd be married OR have the job or school I like but none of that.

I guess I just need to be patient!

Sara1998, you have gone through a lot! Geez girl:)