PDA

View Full Version : Summer Movies

wondergirl9847
04-29-2004, 04:44 PM
Just wondering what movies you all are looking forward to this summer?

I HAVE to see Troy!! Two words: Brad Pitt...that's all I need to know. :laugh:

Another movie I want to see is The Day After Tomorrow. Looks to be in the vein of Armaggedon and Deep Impact.

Spiderman 2....loved the first one!! :nod:

littlelies7
04-29-2004, 05:00 PM
I want to see "Day After Tomorrow". Sole reason: Hollywood is bombarded by tornadoes. :lol:

I'm a loyal "Garfield" fan, so there's another...

"Shrek 2" and "Van Helsing"...

And that is it. I will avoid the movies until "The Phantom of the Opera" comes out in Dec.! :p

dissention
04-29-2004, 05:18 PM
There are too many to list!!! There are some *really* good movies coming out this summer. I want to see:

The Door In the Floor, with Kim Basinger and Jeff Bridges (the book was FANTASTIC!)

The Exorcist: The Beginning (prequel to the Exorcist)

Shall We Dance? with Susan Sarandon and Richard Gere (I really want to this one)

The Manchurian Candidate remake with Meryl Streep and Denzel Washington

The Village (looks scary as hell and Sigourney Weaver is in it!)

The Bourne Supremacy (I loved the first one with Matt Damon)

THE STEPFORD WIVES!

The Day After Tomorrow (I love the 70s disaster flicks, so...)

The Clearing with Redford and Willem Dafoe

Phew. :lol:

wondergirl9847
04-29-2004, 05:25 PM
Forgot about the Garfield movie!! I barely saw a preview on TV not long ago. Hope it's good. :)

Diss, what are The Door in the Floor and The Village? I haven't heard about these.

GardenStateGirlie
04-29-2004, 05:28 PM
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I've never read the books and in fact, hadn't seen the first movie but was forced to go to opening day of the second. I really loved it :nod:

There are a lot of other indie films and foreign films I can't wait to see either

dissention
04-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Forgot about the Garfield movie!! I barely saw a preview on TV not long ago. Hope it's good. :)

Diss, what are The Door in the Floor and The Village? I haven't heard about these.

Door In the Floor is based on a book by John Irving. The book was mostrously huge, so they took the juiciest parts of it. In short, Kim Basinger and Jeff Bridges are both having affaris after one of their kids dies. Only Basinger is having an affair with a 16 year old. :shocked:

The Village is from that dude M. Night Shyamalan and it's about a colonial village that lives in a clearing in the woods but can't go into the woods because monsters live in it. :laugh: It looks really good, though.

wondergirl9847
04-29-2004, 05:43 PM
I don't read. LOL

The Village sounds good! I loved Sixth Sense, although the others were eh. I was SOOOOOO hoping Signs was gonna be great and I hated it. LOL Same with Unbreakable. Hopefully, this will be Sixth Sense-ish. :)

Merf
04-29-2004, 05:49 PM
Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban

dissention
04-29-2004, 06:15 PM
I don't read. LOL

The Village sounds good! I loved Sixth Sense, although the others were eh. I was SOOOOOO hoping Signs was gonna be great and I hated it. LOL Same with Unbreakable. Hopefully, this will be Sixth Sense-ish. :)

I didn't like any of those. :xoxo:

Unbreakable was Unbearable.

The Sixth Sense was a bit dull and the kid got on my nerves. He never spoke higher than a whisper. :laugh:

And Signs was ruined by them showing the actual aliens; it really sucked.

:wavey:

darklinensuit
04-29-2004, 06:43 PM
I want to see King Arthur. I hope it's good.

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-29-2004, 07:03 PM
And BTW, I got dragged to 13 Going On 30 last weekend. :rolleyes:
It was like something a twelve-year-old girl puked up.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-29-2004, 07:34 PM
And BTW, I got dragged to 13 Going On 30 last weekend. :rolleyes:
It was like something a twelve-year-old girl puked up.

- Jake

Poor you....being forced out of the cave ;) So, did you get your money back for that one?

darklinensuit
04-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Poor you....being forced out of the cave ;) So, did you get your money back for that one?

I should get it back with interest. (Who knew Jennifer Garner wouldn't be showing anything? ;) )

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-29-2004, 08:08 PM
I should get it back with interest. (Who knew Jennifer Garner wouldn't be showing anything? ;) )

- Jake

Why, I'm disgusted! She was 13 you perv! ;)

cliffdweller
04-29-2004, 08:19 PM
THE STEPFORD WIVES!

Yes! I finally saw the preview for this today, wow. I cannot wait to see this and it looks like Bette is going to be hilarious, Christopher Walken too.

cliffdweller
04-29-2004, 08:20 PM
I want to see King Arthur. I hope it's good.

- Jake

I'm looking forward to this too, and Troy, but not because of Brad Pitt. I'm just a sucker for "historical" epics.

GardenStateGirlie
04-29-2004, 08:23 PM
I'm looking forward to this too, and Troy, but not because of Brad Pitt. I'm just a sucker for "historical" epics.

Am I the only girl that Brad Pitt does nothing for? Same with George Clooney...I don't get it :confused:

Violet
04-29-2004, 08:37 PM
Am I the only girl that Brad Pitt does nothing for? Same with George Clooney...I don't get it :confused:

Me either...not sure why. They're cute and all, but I wouldn't go see a movie just because they're in it...

I can't wait to see Shrek 2, and I know November isn't in the summer, but I also can't wait for The Incredibles, from Disney/Pixar. The previews look hysterical....

Carol

darklinensuit
04-30-2004, 07:55 AM

Exactly.

- Jake

cliffdweller
04-30-2004, 09:39 AM

Me neither. I think all the hype surrounding their "good looks" is some kind of grand conspiracy :laugh: .

hayley
04-30-2004, 10:19 AM
I'm also looking forward to Troy... and Door in the Floor. John Irving's my favorite author, and it seems like they've given it a really smart, really interesting treatment. I think it's great that they split it up instead of trying to cram it together.

I love big summer blockbusters. I'm looking forward to Spider-Man and Day After Tomorrow. Love Harry Potter... was looking forward to Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow, but they bumped it to September.

I also saw previews last night for Dodgeball, which I so didn't want to laugh it... but did. I think it's going to make me die with laughter the same way Zoolander did. And I was PISSED because I saw the preview for The Notebook, a book I HATED WITH A PASSION, but it made me tear up. I was so ticked. But I love Ryan Gosling, so. Ugh.

dissention
04-30-2004, 10:23 AM
And I was PISSED because I saw the preview for The Notebook, a book I HATED WITH A PASSION

That's because Sparks couldn't pull an orginal or decently written story out of his ass on a good day.

wondergirl9847
04-30-2004, 10:37 AM
I started liking Brad after I realized he resembled a guy I used to like in church. I went out and rented lots of his movies and really thought he was different from other actors. He doesn't do 16 movies a year, so people don't get sick of him. :thumbsup: He's mysterious because he doesn't do press, really. He has that "IT" factor, IMO.

Oh, and the man's body is just perfect. ;)

George, he's hot, but I'm not a huge fan.

I prefer musicians (DUR. LOL) over actors though, really. I used to LOVE movies as a kid, but these days, not as much. :shrug:

jadegypsy
04-30-2004, 01:04 PM
Looking forward to quite a few:
Troy- yeah I like Brad Pitt, but I do agree w/whoever said blah for george clooney
King Authur- Although it sounds a bit twisted as gueniveer is a warrior?!
Shrek 2-funny
Harry Potter-Love the books, love the movies:)
Spider Man 2-first was good light flick
Raising Helen- I have loved Kate Hudsen since Almost Famous but I think I'll wait for video on this one.

darklinensuit
04-30-2004, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE=jadegypsy]
King Authur- Although it sounds a bit twisted as gueniveer is a warrior?!
QUOTE]

Not necessarily weird - A lot has been written/theorized on the subject. :)

- Jake

dissention
04-30-2004, 01:51 PM
From what I hear from a lot of the screenings, King Arthur is just an excuse for Keira Knightley to show off her abs and boobs. It's supposed to suck. :(

darklinensuit
04-30-2004, 01:54 PM
From what I hear from a lot of the screenings, King Arthur is just an excuse for Keira Knightley to show off her abs and boobs. It's supposed to suck. :(

Do I really need to explain to you what the different body parts are for? Those don't suck. :cool:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-30-2004, 02:16 PM

Keira is really really young...I'm fairly certain she's only 17 or 18...i'm surprised she'd do that. She's an excellent actress though so i'm sure it'll be a good movie.

dissention
04-30-2004, 02:27 PM
I doubt you're gonna like The Village if you didn't even like The Sixth Sense.

It's not supposed to be like any of his other movies from what I've read, even he has said so. It's supposed to be more of a romance than anything else.

And his other movies sucked. ;)

dissention
04-30-2004, 02:28 PM
Keira is really really young...I'm fairly certain she's only 17 or 18...i'm surprised she'd do that. She's an excellent actress though so i'm sure it'll be a good movie.

Everytime I see her on the red carpet, she's showing off her body. :laugh: I think I've got her navel committed to mem'ry.

macmar71
04-30-2004, 10:01 PM
Van Helsing
Because of hunkie Hugh Jackman!!!!!!!!!!!
Going next week to see it. :nod:

darklinensuit
05-01-2004, 11:15 PM
Van Helsing
Because of hunkie Hugh Jackman!!!!!!!!!!!
Going next week to see it. :nod:

What is it about? I keep seeing commercials that don't make much sense.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
05-02-2004, 12:01 AM
What is it about? I keep seeing commercials that don't make much sense.

- Jake

I'm fairly certain it's about a man whose entire life revolves around killing notorious monsters and beasts. Da da.

darklinensuit
05-02-2004, 10:03 AM
I'm fairly certain it's about a man whose entire life revolves around killing notorious monsters and beasts. Da da.

Oh. A fresh concept. ;)

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
05-02-2004, 11:05 AM
Oh. A fresh concept. ;)

- Jake

When you think about it though, is any concept in a movie these days actually fresh? I guess that's part of the reason why I enjoy independent films rather than big screen blockbusters. They might not have the most recognizable faces but you can bet the story is more intense and thorough than most.

dissention
05-02-2004, 02:49 PM
When you think about it though, is any concept in a movie these days actually fresh? I guess that's part of the reason why I enjoy independent films rather than big screen blockbusters. They might not have the most recognizable faces but you can bet the story is more intense and thorough than most.

Damn skippy. Indies beat Hollywood schlock any day of the week. As a matter of fact, I just finished watching "Laurel Canyon" with Frances McDormand and Christian Bale. It's a rainy day and it's a great flick. ;)