PDA

View Full Version : Album cover & track list for Christine's new CD

macfan 57
04-27-2004, 04:10 PM
I just checked out the Sanctuary Records website and they have Christine's new album listed, with the album cover & track listing. Here is the page:

http://www.sanctuaryrecordsgroup.co.uk/flash/index2.html (www.sanctuaryrecordsgroup.co.uk/flash/index2.html)

Just type in Christine's name under artist in the left hand column and you'll get the album cover & track listing.

Here is the track listing in case anyone can't see it:

1. Anything Is Possible
2. You Are
3. Northern Star
4. Bad Journey
5. Friend
6. Calumny
7. So Sincere
8. Easy Come, Easy Go
9. Liar
10. Sweet Revenge
11. Forgiveness
12. Givin' It Back

I like the cover and these song titles look very interesting. Does anyone know what Calumny means?

sodascouts
04-27-2004, 04:13 PM
I just checked out the Sanctuary Records website and they have Christine's new album listed, with the album cover & track listing. Here is the page:

http://www.sanctuaryrecordsgroup.co.uk/flash/index2.html (www.sanctuaryrecordsgroup.co.uk/flash/index2.html)

Dang, the power of photo editing! That photo on the cover looks nothing like her!

hayley
04-27-2004, 04:14 PM
Dang, the power of photo editing! That photo on the cover looks nothing like her!

HELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO airbrush!

ShamHy89
04-27-2004, 04:15 PM
Wow this is great to see! I like the titles of the songs so far. "Revenge" and "Liar" should be interesting. Thanks for posting this.

Shamus :)

wondergirl9847
04-27-2004, 04:21 PM
That photo is frightening!! Seriously, ya'll, that looks NOTHING like her. :shocked:

I don't like that pic...but YAY for the music!

GypsySorcerer
04-27-2004, 04:30 PM
:shocked: If I didn't see the words "Christine McVie," I would have never guessed that it was she.

The track listing sounds interesting. Anyway, I am really happy for her. I'm looking forward to the album.

DownOnRodeo
04-27-2004, 04:34 PM
Has anyone seen Stevie in the tour book not made up? Women just like to look their best for album covers, etc.

I love these track names - can't wait to hear the songs. Aha... so they are angrier after all!

xdreamsunwindx
04-27-2004, 05:02 PM
That can't be Christine. It looks nothing like her. Now the person in the promo photos for In the Meantime? Yeah, that's her. But... That just can't be her.

I can't wait for this album, though. I like the song titles... they seem edgier. Sweet Revenge oughta be interesting.

TheMacAttack
04-27-2004, 05:12 PM
That can not be Christine!!! Ok, :shocked: who have they replaced Christine McVie with and where is the real one?

jbrownsjr
04-27-2004, 05:20 PM
Holy S(*&!

Her dance album cover looks similiar, go get it and look at it. Stevie suddenly has a 22 inch waist laying on the piano and both Stevie and Christine look like they are 35.

I like the pic and here's why. I have always thought of Christine as elegant, even when she had the bottle of wine on her B3 Hammond with a cig in her hand on stage. (Joni Mitchell is the only other person I've seen smoke on stage)

The album cover seems like a concept to me. "In the Meantime" her off in England writing songs. In her garden! LOL

Remember the Christine McVie cover with her on the hilltop with the piano with the red scarf. Very 80's brushed as well.

Oh, and I love 12 tracks! Not too many, and no too little.

Enjoy it! :woohoo:

DownOnRodeo
04-27-2004, 05:20 PM
We allow Stevie to get transformed for her album covers, why not Christine? :shocked:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~joegrealy/images/meantimecover.jpg

Also, I think we can all assume that Christine had minimum to zero input in this.

wondergirl9847
04-27-2004, 05:32 PM
I think it's her complexion. Her glaringly white face contrasts with the shroud of black. Wait, is that Stevie? ;):laugh: It just looks like her face is hovering over a black blanket or something. I just don't care for it. Sowy. :shrug:

It's not Christine's fault, it's the person who did the cover.

chiliD
04-27-2004, 05:39 PM
Kind of looks like Suzanne Sommers----a little bit, anyway

Villavic
04-27-2004, 05:40 PM
We allow Stevie to get transformed for her album covers, why not Christine?

Well, that's true. But we always recognize Stevie anyway.

I couldn't guess that's Christine. Actually I think she is Rafaella Carrá, Anita Ekberg, Britt Ekland or any Rod Stewart video model!

humm... she even could be Coccinelle, ha haaa...
http://www.geocities.com/beautyhouse.geo/Cocinelle.htm

shackin'up
04-27-2004, 05:45 PM
HELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO airbrush!

Or Goodmorning Dr.Plastic?

strandinthewind
04-27-2004, 05:53 PM

OMG - I was thinking that. I must note that since the BTM videos, Chris has been filmed with about a 10,000 watt key light directly on her face. This is a studio trick to reduce the effects of aging. I say more power to her. AND - that pic is very artistic and cool.

I LOVE YOU CHRIS!!!!!!! :woohoo:

77Rumours77
04-27-2004, 06:00 PM
Maybe when you get closer to it, it will probably look more like her!?!

macfan 57
04-27-2004, 06:06 PM
Holy S(*&!

Her dance album cover looks similiar, go get it and look at it. Stevie suddenly has a 22 inch waist laying on the piano and both Stevie and Christine look like they are 35.

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the cover-she looks like she did on the Dance cover. Women always want to look younger on their album covers. So what. I like this cover-very elegant.

dissention
04-27-2004, 06:06 PM
I must note that since the BTM videos, Chris has been filmed with about a 10,000 watt key light directly on her face. This is a studio trick to reduce the effects of aging. I say more power to her. AND - that pic is very artistic and cool.

I LOVE YOU CHRIS!!!!!!! :woohoo:

ITA - and Stevie has had the same lighting. ;)

I personally like the pic and I think we all should reserve comments until we see the actual booklet. It's a two inch pic, for cripes sake.

She looks fantastic and I can't wait to hear it!

Johnny Stew
04-27-2004, 06:12 PM
Maybe when you get closer to it, it will probably look more like her!?!

I think we all should reserve comments until we see the actual booklet. It's a two inch pic, for cripes sake.

I was thinking the same thing... once we get to see the full-sized CD cover, or, at the very least, a higher quality scan, it will probably look more like Christine.

But I do like the cover... and it kind of reminds me of Cher's 'Living Proof.'
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005V9TX.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The song titles are VERY intriguing... I hope we get to hear some snippets soon. :D

dontlookdown
04-27-2004, 06:14 PM
i think she looks gorgeous.

the woman is 60 years old - give her a break!

after all the embarrasing appearances Stevie has made over the years (remember those hideous outfits during the Other Side of The Mirror tour?) , you'd think we could all be a little forgiving for Chris. She's taken care of herself - she deserves to look however she wants - even if it involves a little blown out light, lots of make up and some chin-reducing photo shopping.

one of the dj's on KCRW mentioned this record and said it was "supposedly fantastic".

GypsySorcerer
04-27-2004, 06:15 PM
We allow Stevie to get transformed for her album covers, why not Christine? :shocked:

Oh, you're right, Joe. I have no problem with them wanting to look their best. It's just that in the pic, I don't recognize her, at all.

Johnny Stew
04-27-2004, 06:30 PM
Does anyone know what Calumny means?

cal·um·ny
A false statement maliciously made to injure another's reputation.
The utterance of maliciously false statements; slander.

Dark stuff, indeed.

strandinthewind
04-27-2004, 06:32 PM
cal·um·ny

Dark stuff, indeed.

EEK - Let's hope its not directed at anyone in FM :laugh: More likely, it is directed at Eddie Q. as no member of FM has done this severe of a thing to her. Rather, they have praised her, etc.

Johnny Stew
04-27-2004, 06:39 PM
More likely, it is directed at Eddie Q. as no member of FM has done this severe of a thing to her. Rather, they have praised her, etc.

I'm definitely wondering if these songs are directed at Eddy Quintela.
"Bad Journey," "Calumny," "Easy Come, Easy Go," "Liar," "Sweet Revenge"... definitely could be songs one might write about an ex-spouse!

And when you look at the track-listing, this almost sounds like it could be a "themed" album... telling a story, chapter by chapter.

1. Anything Is Possible
2. You Are
3. Northern Star
4. Bad Journey
5. Friend
6. Calumny
7. So Sincere
8. Easy Come, Easy Go
9. Liar
10. Sweet Revenge
11. Forgiveness
12. Givin' It Back

jbrownsjr
04-27-2004, 06:42 PM
I was thinking the same thing... once we get to see the full-sized CD cover, or, at the very least, a higher quality scan, it will probably look more like Christine.

But I do like the cover... and it kind of reminds me of Cher's 'Living Proof.'
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005V9TX.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The song titles are VERY intriguing... I hope we get to hear some snippets soon. :D

Johnny Stew, you are always good for a laugh a day. The Cher cover is great! :]

Sugar
04-27-2004, 06:46 PM
I was thinking Loretta Swit. :lol:

strandinthewind
04-27-2004, 06:48 PM
I'm definitely wondering if these songs are directed at Eddy Quintela.
"Bad Journey," "Calumny," "Easy Come, Easy Go," "Liar," "Sweet Revenge"... definitely could be songs one might write about an ex-spouse!

And when you look at the track-listing, this almost sounds like it could be a "themed" album... telling a story, chapter by chapter.

1. Anything Is Possible
2. You Are
3. Northern Star
4. Bad Journey
5. Friend
6. Calumny
7. So Sincere
8. Easy Come, Easy Go
9. Liar
10. Sweet Revenge
11. Forgiveness
12. Givin' It Back

I hope and hope and hope the songs are mostly sparse and the spotlight is on the piano, which I love from her. But, I am sure the entire thing will be great because she rarely does anything wrong IMO :cool:

macfan 57
04-27-2004, 06:52 PM
cal·um·ny

Dark stuff, indeed.

Thanks, Johnny Stew. :) I've never in my life heard of that word. These titles look terrific. I'll bet they're directed at her ex-husband.

Ali
04-27-2004, 06:53 PM
Airbrushing or not, it's a beautiful picture.

The song list? Sounds very snarky. I can't wait to hear Christine get bitchy.

Speaking of Dr. Plastic...the only time I've ever thought that about Christine was between "Time" and "The Dance". Look at the pictures from the "Time" album liners and then try to convince me otherwise. As much as I love and worship Christine, it's obvious she got a little touched up or just lost a lot of weight in those 2 years.

jbrownsjr
04-27-2004, 07:00 PM
Airbrushing or not, it's a beautiful picture.

The song list? Sounds very snarky. I can't wait to hear Christine get bitchy.

Speaking of Dr. Plastic...the only time I've ever thought that about Christine was between "Time" and "The Dance". Look at the pictures from the "Time" album liners and then try to convince me otherwise. As much as I love and worship Christine, it's obvious she got a little touched up or just lost a lot of weight in those 2 years.

Agree, she lost weight after Time! Her Dance concert days, she looked slender.

DownOnRodeo
04-27-2004, 07:13 PM
I guess my point is that the Stevie in the photos in the Rumours reissue looks nothing to me like current Stevie, and especially not TITN Stevie.

It seems that girls like Stevie, Cher, Madonna and Christine enjoy dramatic image changes. Either way, each time it's probably 90% the work of the PR machine.

louielouie2000
04-27-2004, 07:16 PM
So where are these press release photos people keep talking about? The only recent photos I remember seeing are of her in front of a mic in a studio, and seeing her with I believe two other men. Are these the pics you guys are talking about?

xdreamsunwindx
04-27-2004, 08:11 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong, I think she still looks beautiful. I was surprised, though... I had to do a double take. Other than on the Dance cover, I've never seen her at that angle. I looked at the cover photo and the photo that was on the front page of connection records' website, and it looked more like her.

Here's a side-by-side comparison I did of the two photos:

littlelies7
04-27-2004, 08:16 PM
I know I'm late, but I'm so excited on finding out finally what the songs are and of course, the album cover!!

:blob1:

golddustdragon
04-27-2004, 09:06 PM
I don't think that's her on the cover, though I won't be surprised if it is. The songs are angry after all. Calumny is a synonym to slander. Ouch! Will this be like Lindsey's Wrong I wonder.

Cristian
04-27-2004, 09:44 PM
Nice picture, intriguing tracklist, can't wait.

Song of the moment - Farmer's Daughter

DeeGeMe
04-27-2004, 10:04 PM
I've never seen a pic of Chris where she was grinning like that. She just always seemed to . . .cool to break out into a grin like that. Maybe that's why it doesn't look like her??????

Hawkeye
04-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Other then that woman not looking much like Christine, I say it's an AMAZING cover, with Christine in the garden. And even better are those song titles in the songlist. They sound amazing. Obviously I can' tell how good a song is from the title, but as of now I have a feeling Liar is going to rock and will be the best song. of course in 2 months I'll be hear saying how I like all the songs but that Liar song sucks :lol:

WelshWitchPMD
04-27-2004, 10:40 PM

OMG ,Yes thats exactly what I thought!!! She just needs a Thighmaster. :laugh: At least I think thats what she endorsed.

Johnny Stew
04-27-2004, 10:58 PM
I guess my point is that the Stevie in the photos in the Rumours reissue looks nothing to me like current Stevie, and especially not TITN Stevie.

I don't know, I tend to think Stevie & Christine look the way one might expect the ladies on the back cover of 'Rumours' to look, 30 years hence.

It's all the natural progression of life... we experiment with different hairstyles, fashion fads come and go, etc., etc.

Personally though, I can't wait to see what all of the hip-hoppers think when they look back at their clothes, 30-40 years from now.
Baggy trousers with the crotch to their knees... band-aids on their cheeks... "bling-bling" everywhere you look... "dew-rags" on their heads, with a baseball cap over top of that.... I can hear it now: "Grandpa, what were you THINKING?!?" :laugh:

Faith
04-27-2004, 10:59 PM
Holy S(*&!

I like the pic and here's why. I have always thought of Christine as elegant, even when she had the bottle of wine on her B3 Hammond with a cig in her hand on stage. (Joni Mitchell is the only other person I've seen smoke on stage)

The album cover seems like a concept to me. "In the Meantime" her off in England writing songs. In her garden! LOL

Remember the Christine McVie cover with her on the hilltop with the piano with the red scarf. Very 80's brushed as well.

Oh, and I love 12 tracks! Not too many, and no too little.

Enjoy it! :woohoo:
Keith Richards and Ron Wood both smoke like none other while on stage. :nod:

HejiraNYC
04-27-2004, 11:10 PM
I've never seen a pic of Chris where she was grinning like that. She just always seemed to . . .cool to break out into a grin like that. Maybe that's why it doesn't look like her??????

No, it doesn't look like her because they airbrushed out her jowls and lifted her cheekbones (see pic). Heck, I look more like Christine than the woman in that album cover, and I'm a guy!

sparky
04-27-2004, 11:33 PM
Loretta Swit !

littlelies7
04-27-2004, 11:36 PM
The website said June 6th was the release date.

What's the U.S. release date?

golden braid
04-27-2004, 11:56 PM
We allow Stevie to get transformed for her album covers, why not Christine?
Also, I think we can all assume that Christine had minimum to zero input in this.

Stevie always looks like Stevie to me. Even if I don't like how she's been made up I still can recognize her. This picture doesn't even look like Chris. It looks like she's trying way too hard to be all fixed up unnaturally. I find the picture kind of disturbing. :(

jbrownsjr
04-28-2004, 12:14 AM
Anything is possible!!!! :laugh:

track 1

Johnny Stew
04-28-2004, 12:15 AM
I think it looks like her now. ;)

jbrownsjr
04-28-2004, 12:17 AM
Stevie always looks like Stevie to me. Even if I don't like how she's been made up I still can recognize her. This picture doesn't even look like Chris. It looks like she's trying way too hard to be all fixed up unnaturally. I find the picture kind of disturbing. :(

I disagree, I think it's beautiful and far from "disturbing". And if she had work done I want to ask her for referral! In the Meantime I'll wait til I see it in person before passing to much judgement as the pic is really small. :cool:

jbrownsjr
04-28-2004, 12:18 AM

Wow, the light does work!!! I need more light on me!!!! :blob1:

Johnny Stew
04-28-2004, 12:21 AM
Wow, the light does work!!! I need more light on me!!!! :blob1:

Adjust the brightness and do a little photoshop re-touching, and voila! :laugh:

Based on the head-on pic we've seen of her on the Sanctuary site, I dont think she's had major work done... I think they just airbrushed the album cover a bit.

At least as far as I can tell from that tiny little pic of it!

jbrownsjr
04-28-2004, 12:30 AM
Here's another of Christine!

Johnny Stew
04-28-2004, 12:34 AM

*LOL* :laugh:

sodascouts
04-28-2004, 12:36 AM

LOL! Yeah, gotta love that photoshop! ;)

Mari
04-28-2004, 02:38 AM
I like it! Can't really say whether she looks too young or too old, the picture is too small for that.
But that smile doesn't seem like hers.

DownOnRodeo
04-28-2004, 03:11 AM
I don't know, I tend to think Stevie & Christine look the way one might expect the ladies on the back cover of 'Rumours' to look, 30 years hence.

I agree! Sorry I wasn't more specific at all. I actually meant those pics inside the Rumours reissue booklet, where she's got curly hair... at leat one of them simply doesn't look like Stevie to me (whereas that Fritz promo shot, taken well before the Rumours pics, where she's striking a pose with Lindsey and band, does).

macfan 57
04-28-2004, 06:42 AM
Here's a side-by-side comparison I did of the two photos:

I agree. Christine does look similar on the album cover & the Adventure Records pictures when you look at them next to each other. Her album cover was just airbrushed, just as The Dance, TISL & SYW covers were also obviously airbrushed, too.

By the way, on Neil's U.K. site, he posted information from a copyright website. "Easy Come, Easy Go" was written by Christine & Eddy Quintela and registered in 1992. That may be the only older song on the album. It's interesting that her ex-husband will get a writing credit on the album.

strandinthewind
04-28-2004, 06:48 AM
I agree. Christine does look similar on the album cover & the Adventure Records pictures when you look at them next to each other. Her album cover was just airbrushed, just as The Dance, TISL & SYW covers were also obviously airbrushed, too.

By the way, on Neil's U.K. site, he posted information from a copyright website. "Easy Come, Easy Go" was written by Christine & Eddy Quintela and registered in 1992. That may be the only older song on the album. It's interesting that her ex-husband will get a writing credit on the album.She gave Eddie Q. some writing credit on TITN and, I think, BTM.

Also, Mick said (take that for what it is worth :laugh: ) that Chris' songs had been around for awhile. So, some may be older than 1992. I cannot wait to find out :cool:

Gailh
04-28-2004, 07:28 AM
Forget Atkins! It's the amazing Air Brush diet! Lose 20lbs and look 30 years younger overnight!

Seriously though I thought she looked a bit thin in that picture of her collecting the award for Rumours.

Still now we've got a track listing.

Some of the titles sound interesting - some may be directed at Mr Quintela but at least she ends up with Forgiveness

Gail

dissention
04-28-2004, 07:50 AM

Hmmmmm. There have been some questionable album shots of Stevie, but I'll leave it at that.

Let's face it, both women get airbrushed for the album covers. Even the other members get airbrushed. It's normal. The cover looks like Christine to me, but like I said, let's wait before actually passing judgement until we see a good representation of the cover; the one on the Sanctuary website isn't one. Give the woman a break.

CarneVaca
04-28-2004, 08:22 AM
EEK - Let's hope its not directed at anyone in FM :laugh: More likely, it is directed at Eddie Q. as no member of FM has done this severe of a thing to her. Rather, they have praised her, etc.

Maybe she's pissed off at Lindsey for hinting the band was better off without her.

CarneVaca
04-28-2004, 08:24 AM
I hope and hope and hope the songs are mostly sparse and the spotlight is on the piano, which I love from her. But, I am sure the entire thing will be great because she rarely does anything wrong IMO :cool:

I hope it's not. Sorry, piano in pop music is usually quite cheesy. There are the brilliant exceptions of course: Songbird, Let It Be.

Give me some shimmering guitars, a few power chords and a kick-ass drum beat. Bury the keyboard and use the piano tastefully, if at all.

Are you getting this, Christine?

strandinthewind
04-28-2004, 08:39 AM
Maybe she's pissed off at Lindsey for hinting the band was better off without her.
FOUL :laugh:

LB said that the band was doing well without her and her absence forced them into a diff. sound, which he was proud of. There is a difference. :woohoo:

jbrownsjr
04-28-2004, 08:59 AM
Hmmmmm. There have been some questionable album shots of Stevie, but I'll leave it at that.

Let's face it, both women get airbrushed for the album covers. Even the other members get airbrushed. It's normal. The cover looks like Christine to me, but like I said, let's wait before actually passing judgement until we see a good representation of the cover; the one on the Sanctuary website isn't one. Give the woman a break.

Exactly! Well said. :cool:

CarneVaca
04-28-2004, 09:01 AM

LB said that the band was doing well without her and her absence forced them into a diff. sound, which he was proud of. There is a difference. :woohoo:

Read between the lines, my friend. He was glad to be rid of her.

He was doing this: :blob1:

And this: :blob2:

And this: :thumbsup:

Gailh
04-28-2004, 09:03 AM

Yeah but he also said that her material was not "emotionally incisive" and something to the effect that her songs didn't work too well live. It's always struck me that he's been a bit defensive about her absence - god knows why there's no need - I prefer the band with her in it but that's a personal choice.

Still I don't think the songs are directed at him - more likely her ex

strandinthewind
04-28-2004, 09:08 AM
Read between the lines, my friend. He was glad to be rid of her.

He was doing this: :blob1:

And this: :blob2:

And this: :thumbsup:

I just did not get that. I thought they were all, esp. Stevie, very respectful of her. I think LB was just being philosophical in LB speak when he said that. But, I see others did not.

CarneVaca
04-28-2004, 09:18 AM
I just did not get that. I thought they were all, esp. Stevie, very respectful of her. I think LB was just being philosophical in LB speak when he said that. But, I see others did not.

This is where, as a typical Lindsey fan, I say: Dude, I was kidding! :lol:

joe
04-28-2004, 09:20 AM
I was thinking Loretta Swit. :lol:

yes! i was thinking of someone and she's close to who i'm thinking of...

ok, personally, i don't like the cover because it looks NOTHING like Christine to me. It's one thing to do some touch ups to compliment your features but to do it to the point that it makes you unrecognizable is absurd to me. i thought the dance cover made christine look like bonnie tyler. i'll take the big nose/skinny body/apple witch look anyday. that gave her character.

i do realize that the picture is not that clear and is small so maybe it'll look more like her on the actual cd. but i think that's stretching it though. i think she actually looks now the way she did when she accepted that award last year. when i first saw that, it was obvious that she had something done but it wasn't that extreme.

i don't think you can compare stevie to all of this. with the exception of aging and weight gain, she does not look all that different to me. she's still recognizable as her old self.

i don't understand why it seems that we've become so fixated on plastic surgery and, in some cases, yearning to look like "famous" people. it's a real pathetic society if that's what we've progressed toward. MTV has that "i want a famous face" which i can't even go into. what is wrong with what God gave you?
i understand "correcting" some minor flaws but it just seems that in a society that is supposedly condemning the emphasis on beauty, we seem to not be practicing what we preach.

dissention
04-28-2004, 10:16 AM
i don't think you can compare stevie to all of this. with the exception of aging and weight gain, she does not look all that different to me. she's still recognizable as her old self.

Have you seen the Dance cover, the Street Angel cover, and some of the shots in the SYW cover? C'mon now. On SA, it looks like someone went way overboard on the airbrush. She doesn't look like herself on the Dance, and in SYW, some of those shots are obviously touched. All you have to do is go to a Mac concert, front row, and look up. And some of the touch ups in the Destiny Rules doc were so apparrent; I mean, she looked twenty in some shots.

cliffdweller
04-28-2004, 10:22 AM

:laugh:

Perhaps. I like the cover even though it looks nothing like her. The Dance album cover was totally airbrushed too. Christine didn't look like herself on that cover either, both she and Stevie looked about 10 years younger than they were. Loved Chris's hair extensions though.

jbrownsjr
04-28-2004, 10:27 AM
yes! i was thinking of someone and she's close to who i'm thinking of...

ok, personally, i don't like the cover because it looks NOTHING like Christine to me. It's one thing to do some touch ups to compliment your features but to do it to the point that it makes you unrecognizable is absurd to me. i thought the dance cover made christine look like bonnie tyler. i'll take the big nose/skinny body/apple witch look anyday. that gave her character.

i do realize that the picture is not that clear and is small so maybe it'll look more like her on the actual cd. but i think that's stretching it though. i think she actually looks now the way she did when she accepted that award last year. when i first saw that, it was obvious that she had something done but it wasn't that extreme.

i don't understand why it seems that we've become so fixated on plastic surgery and, in some cases, yearning to look like "famous" people. it's a real pathetic society if that's what we've progressed toward. MTV has that "i want a famous face" which i can't even go into. what is wrong with what God gave you?
i understand "correcting" some minor flaws but it just seems that in a society that is supposedly condemning the emphasis on beauty, we seem to not be practicing what we preach.

Why can't beauty be looking the way you want to look. I think criticizing someone for the way they look is worse. While I agree our society has it's priorities out of whack, I think men and women should look the way they want to. I personally would never change my face, but I'm not in show business. I'm just a choir singer LOL, and nobody looks at me :( .

I could almost guarentee if you met Stevie or Christine, Cher, or even some male celebs, they would look totally different without their make-up.

Give her a break she's worked her ass off for over 30 years! Let her have some limelight!

cliffdweller
04-28-2004, 10:27 AM
I hope it's not. Sorry, piano in pop music is usually quite cheesy. There are the brilliant exceptions of course: Songbird, Let It Be.

Give me some shimmering guitars, a few power chords and a kick-ass drum beat. Bury the keyboard and use the piano tastefully, if at all.

So I take it you're not a big Elton John fan.

jbrownsjr
04-28-2004, 10:53 AM

I take it ur not a Billy Joel fan.

macfan 57
04-28-2004, 10:54 AM

I think you got it backwards there. I'll take Christine's piano & Hammond organ any day.

cliffdweller
04-28-2004, 11:07 AM
I think you got it backwards there. I'll take Christine's piano & Hammond organ any day.

Brown Eyes, Honey Hi, Think About Me, Never Forget, Oh Daddy, You Make Loving Fun.... hmmmm, I think you're on to something... :thumbsup:

CarneVaca
04-28-2004, 11:11 AM
So I take it you're not a big Elton John fan.

To put it lightly. Though I will say this: Tiny Dancer, Don't Let the Sun, and some other early stuff rank up there with the best piano pop there is. On the flip side, in recent years he has been the personification of the cheesiness I mentioned earlier.

CarneVaca
04-28-2004, 11:15 AM

Hammond, eh? Name me one tune from the Rumours lineup in which the Hammond organ is used prominently.

The Hammond happens to be one of my favorite sounds, which, frankly, is one of the best things about that travesty Lindsey calls "Come."

But it ain't present in Rumours lineup songs, unless my memory is really bad.

Besides, I was talking about PIANO.

jbrownsjr
04-28-2004, 11:18 AM
Hammond, eh? Name me one tune from the Rumours lineup in which the Hammond organ is used prominently.

The Hammond happens to be one of my favorite sounds, which, frankly, is one of the best things about that travesty Lindsey calls "Come."

But it ain't present in Rumours lineup songs, unless my memory is really bad.

Besides, I was talking about PIANO.

She uses the hammond for harmony purposes on YMLF, The Chain. But she ain't no steve winwood on the B3.

cliffdweller
04-28-2004, 11:19 AM
To put it lightly. Though I will say this: Tiny Dancer, Don't Let the Sun, and some other early stuff rank up there with the best piano pop there is. On the flip side, in recent years he has been the personification of the cheesiness I mentioned earlier.

I agree with the present day stuff. All he seems to do lately is make music for Disney films. However, the brilliance of the lion's share (no pun intended) of his early stuff can't be ignored, although, it often is.

I think Mona Lisas and Madhatters is one of the best songs ever recorded.

chiliD
04-28-2004, 11:20 AM
I can do better than "one":

I'm So Afraid
Sugar Daddy
Hypnotized (live)
Green Manalishi (live)
Oh Well (live)
Go Your Own Way
Gypsy
Love In Store
That's Alright
Over & Over
Isn't It Midnight

(and more, but these are just off the top of my head)

:thumbsup:

She uses the hammond for harmony purposes on YMLF, The Chain. But she ain't no steve winwood on the B3.

I don't think Winwood's style would've fit Fleetwood Mac; so, there you have it. :laugh:

And, while were at it...Winwood ain't no Gregg Allman, either. ;)

Did somebody say Benmont Tench or Billy Payne?

:blob2:

CarneVaca
04-28-2004, 11:21 AM
Brown Eyes, Honey Hi, Think About Me, Never Forget, Oh Daddy, You Make Loving Fun.... hmmmm, I think you're on to something... :thumbsup:

Really? Which of those songs has a Hammond track? Which one, besides Oh Daddy, has a piano track?

CarneVaca
04-28-2004, 11:23 AM

Hmmm.... Are you sure about that? I'll go listen for it, but I suspect it might just be a keyboard patch.

jbrownsjr
04-28-2004, 11:24 AM
I don't think Winwood's style would've fit Fleetwood Mac; so, there you have it. :laugh:

And, while were at it...Winwood ain't no Gregg Allman, either. ;)

Did somebody say Benmont Tench or Billy Payne?

I met Allman on his "i'm no angel" tour I think I was 16, and I won tickets on the radio station in Cleveland. WONE. Great player! Awesome player!

jbrownsjr
04-28-2004, 11:25 AM
Hmmm.... Are you sure about that? I'll go listen for it, but I suspect it might just be a keyboard patch.

You could be right, but I assumed because she still had one around that time. :cool: Maybe I'm thinking live.

CarneVaca
04-28-2004, 11:28 AM
You could be right, but I assumed because she still had one around that time. :cool: Maybe I'm thinking live.

Listening to The Chain right now. You might be right, but to me it still sounds like a synthesizer. David could probably clear this up for us. On You Make Loving Fun, I just don't hear it.

CarneVaca
04-28-2004, 11:30 AM
I can do better than "one":

I'm So Afraid
Sugar Daddy
Hypnotized (live)
Green Manalishi (live)
Oh Well (live)
Go Your Own Way
Gypsy
Love In Store
That's Alright
Over & Over
Isn't It Midnight

Ah... I was afraid of this. Notice I used the words "Rumours lineup" and "used prominently" to cover myself. But the question is, is it really a Hammond or a synth?

jbrownsjr
04-28-2004, 11:35 AM
Listening to The Chain right now. You might be right, but to me it still sounds like a synthesizer. David could probably clear this up for us. On You Make Loving Fun, I just don't hear it.

Ok my head is working again. It's definitely a Hammond on Rumours live video. She has a hammond on the video for YMLF.

I know she's using a Clavinet (left hand only) for the verses and an electric piano in her right hand. then for the chorus she pulls down to the hammond.

of course i think she is smoking while doing all that! :laugh:

HomerMcvie
On YMLF, Chris plays predominately electric piano during the verses and Lindsey's solo, and Hammond during the choruses.

chiliD
Christine didn't use synths (except for an ARP String Ensemble on "Sunny Side Of Heaven")...at least, until Tango In The Night...but then, she ALWAYS used/uses a B3 live. Either a B3, a concert grand piano or a Hohner electric piano (and later a Yamaha CP30 electric piano) was all she'd use.

David, back me up here, pal! :laugh:

HomerMcvie
04-28-2004, 11:38 AM
That's hilarious! Three of us were posting virtually the same point at the same time. To the minute! :laugh:

princessblair
04-28-2004, 11:41 AM
I think if Christine had a daughter, she would look like Christine does on the cover. Also, the font on the cover is century gothic, which happens to be one of my favorite fonts! Yay! A new Christine album, Mac tour this summer, dvds and remasters! Everyday seems like Christmas :)

CarneVaca
04-28-2004, 11:41 AM
Ok my head is working again. It's definitely a Hammond on Rumours live video. She has a hammond on the video for YMLF.

I know she's using a Clavinet (left hand only) for the verses and an electric piano in her right hand. then for the chorus she pulls down to the hammond.

of course i think she is smoking while doing all that! :laugh:

OK, since the evidence seems to be mounting against me, I will amend my statement: When used, except for things like I'm So Afraid, the Hammond is not terribly prominent in the Rumours lineup songs. And certainly it isn't used the way it appears in blues and gospel numbers, when it soars to the heavens with an unmistakable intensity. Take a listen to some of Robert Randolph's Family Band's stuff to see what I mean.

Edit: I was also confused and thinking of a very specific type of Hammond.

Regardless, I stand by my original comment: The use of the piano in pop is usually cheesy. I will throw in "syrupy" too. Arggghh. And yeck!

Some FM songs are rare exceptions: Songbird, What Makes You Think You're the One and a few others.

Keyboards and synthesizers are a different story altogether.

chiliD
04-28-2004, 12:36 PM
OK, since the evidence seems to be mounting against me, I will amend my statement: When used, except for things like I'm So Afraid, the Hammond is not terribly prominent in the Rumours lineup songs.

I think that the term "prominence" would be subjective. The Hammond parts on Fleetwood Mac tunes would be infinitely more conspicuous by their absence than "prominently" heard. Making them subsequently "prominent". :)

stefan
04-28-2004, 01:16 PM
I think men and women should look the way they want to.
Yeah but what about the rest? :lol:

jbrownsjr
04-28-2004, 01:27 PM
Yeah but what about the rest? :lol:

Oh yeah and us too Stefan! :laugh:

Johnny Stew
04-28-2004, 02:36 PM
Have you seen the Dance cover, the Street Angel cover, and some of the shots in the SYW cover? C'mon now. On SA, it looks like someone went way overboard on the airbrush. She doesn't look like herself on the Dance, and in SYW, some of those shots are obviously touched. All you have to do is go to a Mac concert, front row, and look up. And some of the touch ups in the Destiny Rules doc were so apparrent; I mean, she looked twenty in some shots.

She's airbrushed, sure... but the point was that Stevie still at least looks like herself, and not Suzanne Somers or Loretta Switt. ;)

As I know you know, airbrushing is done to enhance one's appearance, and soften wrinkles, etc.... it's not supposed to leave you looking unrecognizable. And I don't think Stevie's ever been "unrecognizable," even at her most airbrushed.

Still, I think we're all jumping to far too many conclusions about this tiny little .jpg of Christine's album cover. It's low-quality, and it's small... we might all have a very different opinion of it, once we see it full-sized, and in a higher quality. :)

As an aside... I think it's ironic that Stevie looks far more youthful (and absolutely stunning!) in the candid, un-retouched backstage photos, that fans have posted from the current tour, than she does in all of the professionally photographed and airbrushed shots.

To wit:

CarneVaca
04-28-2004, 02:58 PM
Still, I think we're all jumping to far too many conclusions about this tiny little .jpg of Christine's album cover. It's low-quality, and it's small... we might all have a very different opinion of it, once we see it full-sized, and in a higher quality. :)

I hate to get into this looks conversation because it's so silly. But I'll add to what Le Stew said here by saying that what this cover shows me is that Christine, whom we haven't seen in six years or so, has changed somewhat in appearance. To me she looks like an older woman who has lost some weight. But who cares what she looks like anyway?

dissention
04-28-2004, 03:09 PM
And I don't think Stevie's ever been "unrecognizable," even at her most airbrushed.

I totally agree. :eek:

joe
04-28-2004, 03:21 PM
Christine didn't use synths (except for an ARP String Ensemble on "Sunny Side Of Heaven")...at least, until Tango In The Night...but then, she ALWAYS used/uses a B3 live. Either a B3, a concert grand piano or a Hohner electric piano (and later a Yamaha CP30 electric piano) was all she'd use.

David, back me up here, pal! :laugh:

i'm no David but i got his back...... i copied one of his posts a little while ago that pretty much summed up Chris's keyboards over the years:

"She never toured with towering banks of keyboards. It's just not her thing. She's not a geeky synth player, in general. She has always preferred the classic electromechanical piano & a Hammond organ setup. She used to play the Hohner Pianet N (although she didn't usually record with it) because it had a lot more overdrive & bite than the Fender Rhodes or the Wurlitzer, & it cut through the guitar-thick mix onstage. The "N" model gave way to the Combo model by the time Buckingham & Nicks joined, which was more road-worthy & more compact-looking. Otherwise, it generated sound exactly the same way that the "N" model did (sticky pads). You can hear her playing the Combo Pianet on your 1980 "Live" album on songs like "Say You Love Me" & "Dreams" & "Don't Let Me Down Again" & "Rhiannon." One just sold on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&category=29552

For "Gold Dust Woman" on those tours, Chris added an effects box with a flanger & a phaser. She did not ever use the Hohner Clavinet onstage. When they played "You Make Loving Fun," she played only the Combo Pianet & her B3 -- you just didn't get the Clavinet part done live until the 1997 reunion tour, when Brett either played it or piped it in. On the White Album & Rumours tours, she played the keyboard part for "Landslide" on a Fender Rhodes.

She's been using a B3 all these years on every tour. She had it recased for the Rumours tour so it had a nice, sleek black case on aluminum legs, instead of the stocky wood look. On occasion, she'd also use an ARP String Ensemble -- for "Sunny Side of Heaven," according to her, although interestingly, the two recordings we have of that (South Orange 1975 & a Rumours tour rehearsal), she's playing the B3 instead of an ARP. She also had a baby grand onstage for songs like "Get Like You Used to Be" & "Silver Springs" & "Jumpin' at Shadows." Later on, she switched to a Yamaha grand on tour for "Don't Stop" & "Songbird" & "Believe Me." She has used Yamaha grands ever since onstage.

The sticky pads went dry on the Pianet & the Combo model itself went out of production by the late 1970s, replaced by a wimpier "T" model, which she apparently didn't want (it sounded a lot more like the vibraphone-like Rhodes & wouldn't have cut through the live mix). So she switched to the first stereo electronic piano that Yamaha produced, the CP-30. Those sell on eBay still, quite a bit cheaper than the Pianets: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...bayphotohosting

I'm sorry you don't think highly of the CP-30, because it was -- is -- a fabulous combo instrument. I own two & love playing them with a rock combo. You really make yourself felt with their wonderfully squawky, jazz guitar-like sounds. Christine began recording with the CP-30 in 1978 for the "Tusk" album, using it on "Over & Over," "Think About Me," "Honey Hi," "Never Forget" &, most recognizably, "Angel." That board was so durable & so reliable that she took it out on the road for the Tusk Tour. Her setup for that tour as well as the Mirage Tour was essentially the same: Yamaha CP-30, Hammond B3, Yamaha grand ("Don't Stop" & "Songbird") & Yamaha upright ("Sara" & "Not That Funny"). Plus she played an accordeon for "Tusk." Jeff Sova added synth patches backstage on "Tusk" & "Hold Me." You can hear her play the CP-30 on the 1980 "Live" album on "Over & Over" & "One More Night" & "Landslide."

Her setup in '84 was the last time she used the CP-30 for touring.

When Fleetwood Mac toured in '87, she used a large, well-built & very popular & expensive controller by Yamaha called the KX-88 & her ubiquitous Hammond. Dan Garfield put a module up for auction on eBay several years ago, the Roland MKS-20 -- it was one of the modules used on the '87-'88 tour, & possibly where Christine's patches were being generated from. That was her rig right on up through her last tour with the band.

P.S. She also talks about her setup in an early 1977 issue of Hit Parader."

CarneVaca
04-28-2004, 03:33 PM
From now, on I'm just gonna stick to talking about guitars.

strandinthewind
04-28-2004, 03:42 PM
Don't feel bad Carne, I think that post was in response to my naive statement that CM used a Moog on stage :laugh:

CarneVaca
04-28-2004, 03:46 PM
Don't feel bad Carne, I think that post was in response to my naive statement that CM used a Moog on stage :laugh:

He he. Moog... he he. That's funny. What were you thinking?

strandinthewind
04-28-2004, 03:50 PM

I have no clue :laugh:

jbrownsjr
04-28-2004, 03:52 PM

She did use one when they brought Keith Emerson on tour with them. ;)

dissention
04-28-2004, 03:54 PM
I have no clue :laugh:

You never do. :laugh:

strandinthewind
04-28-2004, 04:00 PM
She did use one when they brought Keith Emerson on tour with them. ;)
A Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See Dissention I do have a clue~!!!!!

Livia
04-28-2004, 04:18 PM
LOL track #2 - You Are! Instantly reminded me of Rachel Dratch/Jimmy Fallon's bf/gf from Boston characters on SNL.... :laugh: But that's "You Ah!"

DownOnRodeo
04-28-2004, 08:36 PM
It has occurred to me that Christine's 'new image' on the cover will suit her to a tee... It will help maintain the 'small-town privacy' she desires, so she can stroll down the street in Kent or wherever it is and not be bothered. :)

glitter_fades
04-28-2004, 08:38 PM

That photo looks like a totally different person...eyes, teeth, jaw...nothing familiar to me.

Has anyone considered the photo is a mistake? This may not be the actual cover? Somebody's messed up, or is messing around maybe? I hope so becasue this pic is somebody I don't know.

glitter_fades
04-28-2004, 08:45 PM
It has occurred to me that Christine's 'new image' on the cover will suit her to a tee... It will help maintain the 'small-town privacy' she desires, so she can stroll down the street in Kent or wherever it is and not be bothered. :)

You're so right. People can also stroll by the music store and not be bothered buying the cd of somebody they don't recognize.

jbrownsjr
04-28-2004, 09:19 PM
You're so right. People can also stroll by the music store and not be bothered buying the cd of somebody they don't recognize.

I think you are exaggerating just a bit. Or maybe it's not really Christine on The Dance either! LOL

glitter_fades
04-28-2004, 09:49 PM
I think you are exaggerating just a bit.

Are you kidding me? I didn't know Christine was in the witness protection program! :laugh:

Nicks Fan
04-28-2004, 10:48 PM
I think this album is going to be good. The Titles are not what I would have expected but I think it will be a great album. Here's hoping the album does well.

TheMacAttack
04-28-2004, 11:04 PM

DITTO!! I agree with you 100%. Whatever look or photo trick they use for Stevie's promo shots or albums you still recognize it as her from the the first glance. I can not say the same about Christine's new album photo.

desertangel
04-28-2004, 11:29 PM
I don't know how to post links, but if you look at the Mirage album cover that's up on the nicksfix and compare it to her new album cover, you might understand why one would think there's been a surgeon involved somewhere along the line.

As for Photoshop, a friend of mine used pictures of our faces to paste into a portrait of a "Titanic" couple (nice, eh? wonder if we lived or died) and I ended up looking like Torrie Spelling!! And I look NOTHING like Torrie Spelling. So I know it's possible to "fix" a picture so much it looks nothing like the original. Thing is... why would she want a picture on the cover that didn't look much like her? I admit, it looks gorgeous... but it looks almost kinda silly cuz it's not much like her. hhmmm... :shrug: oh well, who am I to say :confused:

I'm gonna wait for the reviews before I buy this one.

Laura

DownOnRodeo
04-29-2004, 01:30 AM

And she was so recognizable in the 83 album? 'Oh, look, it's that lady who lives on the hill and plays the piano there!' :lol:

I don't think that many people would recognize her even if she wanted them to, which she certainly doesn't.

jwd
04-29-2004, 01:57 AM
I was searching the net for information on "In The Meantime" and one site I came across listed the producers as McVie and Ken Caillat. Wasn't sure if anyone knew this or not, so I thought I'd just pass it on.

mylittledemon
04-29-2004, 11:50 AM
JWD...hey your avatar is one of the funniest things I've ever seen!

jbrownsjr
04-29-2004, 12:30 PM
Are you kidding me? I didn't know Christine was in the witness protection program! :laugh:

Wouldn't it be hilarious if FM had a "replacement Christine" for the Dance tour and then kicked her out of the band, so the replacement Christine did a solo album!

Turns out it was Helen Hunt all this time! :lol:

Janet
04-29-2004, 12:36 PM
God leave her alone. She is 60 years old, let her get airbrushed! My God I am glad if you guys were 60 you'd not be airbrushed at all.

jbrownsjr
04-29-2004, 12:42 PM
God leave her alone. She is 60 years old, let her get airbrushed! My God I am glad if you guys were 60 you'd not be airbrushed at all.

61 in July, and I hope I look half as good as she does at 61!

Mari
04-29-2004, 12:46 PM
I'm nearly thirty, I think I've a right to talk about this :lol: :lol: :p

jwd
04-29-2004, 08:35 PM
mylittledemon:

JWD...hey your avatar is one of the funniest things I've ever seen!

Hey, glad it made you laugh. :) I'm a real sucker for animals, especially dogs. Actually, I like them better than people a lot of times. ;)

:wavey:

diamondsnake
04-29-2004, 09:07 PM
Is this a Christine Imposter? I am so confused right now, I really want the whole cd booklet so I can examine the cover and other album pictures because... the cover looks like someone else, completely! Not one thing looks like Christine to me.

diamondsnake
04-29-2004, 09:11 PM
That photo looks like a totally different person...eyes, teeth, jaw...nothing familiar to me.

Has anyone considered the photo is a mistake? This may not be the actual cover? Somebody's messed up, or is messing around maybe? I hope so becasue this pic is somebody I don't know.
I know it sounds insane... but could this be someone else? Like whoever manufactured the record put the Christine McVie graphics on the wrong photo? I know this sounds crazy, but she is not recognizable! And since she made a public appearance just a few months ago, and we all recognized her, we know she hasn't changed that much! Even with airbrushing...

golddustdragon
04-29-2004, 09:46 PM
Unless an album cover appears on the official Koch site, I will doubt this cover's authenticity. It is not even close to the real Christine.

HejiraNYC
04-29-2004, 11:28 PM

Oh goodness... that is quite a stretch. Well, Photoshop Wizard Man, try getting the same results from this picture! Looks like you'll have to remove half of her chin!

dissention
04-30-2004, 12:09 PM
My word. Wait until you see the actual booklet or at least a better picture. Her skin looks pretty bleached out on that one, gimme a break.

And you're telling me this looks like Stevie?

http://www.angelfire.com/music/StevieNicks1/images/nickshot.gif

Ha, I was born at night, but it certainly wasn't last night. :wavey:

chiliD
04-30-2004, 12:15 PM

I thought that was Bernadette Peters!! :laugh:

dissention
04-30-2004, 12:21 PM
I thought that was Bernadette Peters!! :laugh:

Me, too! I was waiting for Everything's Coming Up Roses to start playing as a midi at some point. :laugh:

jbrownsjr
04-30-2004, 12:25 PM
Some of you people need to get real. Do you really think the SYW cover looks like Stevie Nicks. I love that Stevie looks beautiful on that cover, but I know what she really looks like w/o make-up too. Same goes for Christine... Enjoy it!

Hey Hejira would you like to see some Joni covers and compare it to how she really looks? Same stuff different lady.

shackin'up
04-30-2004, 01:03 PM
Unless an album cover appears on the official Koch site, I will doubt this cover's authenticity. It is not even close to the real Christine.

Maybe it isn't Chris. A second time around: history repeats: there's a fake Chris McVie on the road, because she will not do that by herself. So she plays on the album, wrote all the songs, but her doppelganger's on the cover, she's the one doing the two-year-fullstretch worldtour.

Cristian
04-30-2004, 01:08 PM
Some of you people need to get real. Do you really think the SYW cover looks like Stevie Nicks. I love that Stevie looks beautiful on that cover, but I know what she really looks like w/o make-up too. Same goes for Christine... Enjoy it!Yep yep. That's what it seems to me, too.

Song of the moment - Twisted

misterbug
04-30-2004, 01:54 PM
it's not really fair to make all these assumptions about christine unless somebody has another picture of her from exactly the same angle. faces can look very different from one angle to another, and on top of that, there is the airbrushing, bright lighting, and she's smiling. so, its no wonder her ITM cover look differs from some awards show photo with harsh lighting and little or no makeup. and that ITM image is tiny and lo-res.

jbrownsjr
04-30-2004, 02:21 PM
it's not really fair to make all these assumptions about christine unless somebody has another picture of her from exactly the same angle. faces can look very different from one angle to another, and on top of that, there is the airbrushing, bright lighting, and she's smiling. so, its no wonder her ITM cover look differs from some awards show photo with harsh lighting and little or no makeup. and that ITM image is tiny and lo-res.

Exactly, if you look at Stevie's angle on SYW cover it looks nothing like her.

Johnny Stew
04-30-2004, 02:25 PM

And yet, if you showed that pic to anyone who's at least remotely familiar with her, I bet they'd say, "that's Stevie Nicks."
But if someone had removed Christine's name from the 'Meantime' cover, and then asked fans on this board who it was, I bet we'd have all been scratching our heads. ;)

And I think that's the point most people are trying to make... that airbrushed or not, it's hard to recognize that lady as being Christine McVie.
But again, that's only going by this small little jpg... the full-sized version could end up being a completely different story. And the whole thing really is being blown out of proportion. :)

dissention
04-30-2004, 02:31 PM
And yet, if you showed that pic to anyone who's at least remotely familiar with her, I bet they'd say, "that's Stevie Nicks."
But if someone had removed Christine's name from the 'Meantime' cover, and then asked fans on this board who it was, I bet we'd have all been scratching our heads. ;)

I highly doubt that. Christine looks more like Christine on her new cover than Stevie looks like Stevie in that pic.

But, like I've said a million times to no avail, reserve judgement until you see the actual freakin' cover, everyone.

jbrownsjr
04-30-2004, 02:35 PM

And I think that's the point most people are trying to make... that airbrushed or not, it's hard to recognize that lady as being Christine McVie.
But again, that's only going by this small little jpg... the full-sized version could end up being a completely different story. And the whole thing really is being blown out of proportion. :)

Hey Johnny, I know someone who has an advance copy of "Meantime" they stated that the full pic looks a lot more like her.

If you cut out the stevie on the cover of SYW and said who is this I might not think it was Stevie. The angle of people's face does change perception.

diamondsnake
04-30-2004, 03:09 PM
]If you cut out the stevie on the cover of SYW and said who is this I might not think it was Stevie. The angle of people's face does change perception.

I don't get it- She looks the same as always on the SYW cover. How could you not recognize her?

diamondsnake
04-30-2004, 03:13 PM
My word. Wait until you see the actual booklet or at least a better picture. Her skin looks pretty bleached out on that one, gimme a break.

Ha, I was born at night, but it certainly wasn't last night. :wavey:

Sure, she doesb't look natural, but that still looks like Stevie to me...

dissention
04-30-2004, 03:15 PM
Sure, she doesb't look natural, but that still looks like Stevie to me...

Then you must be on something. She looks like a totally different person.

Johnny Stew
04-30-2004, 03:23 PM
I highly doubt that. Christine looks more like Christine on her new cover than Stevie looks like Stevie in that pic.

Hmm, if you think that little 'Meantime' pic looks more like Christine, than that 'Dance' pic looks like Stevie, then I'd be inclined to suggest you need glasses (or at least a new prescription)! :laugh:
I mean, I see your argument that Stevie is heavily touched-up there (and a little too much so)... but, again, she's at least still recognizable as "Stevie Nicks."

But I thoroughly agree with you, that everyone should reserve judgement on Christine's album cover.

Johnny Stew
04-30-2004, 03:27 PM
Hey Johnny, I know someone who has an advance copy of "Meantime" they stated that the full pic looks a lot more like her.

I suspected that all along. :) It really is nearly impossible to gauge something from such a tiny, low-quality pic. I think it was just a shock to most everyone, and that's why it's gotten the reaction it has.

An advance copy, eh? :D Is it wrong for me to ask what the music sounds like?
That subject interests me far more than an album cover ever could. :nod: :)

dissention
04-30-2004, 03:33 PM
Hmm, if you think that little 'Meantime' pic looks more like Christine, than that 'Dance' pic looks like Stevie, then I'd be inclined to suggest you need glasses (or at least a new prescription)! :laugh:
I mean, I see your argument that Stevie is heavily touched-up there (and a little too much so)... but, again, she's at least still recognizable as "Stevie Nicks."

I paid $250 for these frames, I won't get new ones until I'm 80. :lol:

And, no, I do not think she's recognizable as Stevie Nicks. If you were to cut her face out of that picture and show it to hardcore fans who had never seen it, they'd probably ask if it was taken at the Night of 1000 Stevie's.

chiliD
04-30-2004, 03:34 PM
Hey, glad it made you laugh. :) I'm a real sucker for animals, especially dogs. Actually, I like them better than people a lot of times. ;)

I can dig that! :blob2:

Except I would word it "...MOST of the time!" :nod:

Johnny Stew
04-30-2004, 03:43 PM
And, no, I do not think she's recognizable as Stevie Nicks. If you were to cut her face out of that picture and show it to hardcore fans who had never seen it, they'd probably ask if it was taken at the Night of 1000 Stevie's.

I'd be more than willing to take you up on that challenge, if I actually went anywhere! But then, I might win a little too easily... so it's not entirely fair. ;) :laugh:

trackaghost
04-30-2004, 03:57 PM
Here's the pic close-up.
And the album is pretty good I have to say. :)

http://img38.photobucket.com/albums/v117/trackaghost/SN1/chriscloseup1.jpg

face of glass
04-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Here's the pic close-up.
And the album is pretty good I have to say. :)

What?!

You! But you're not even her biggest fan!

(Kidding.)

Does it sound like Chris of the old or is she going to a new direction? Is that too much of a spoiler? Or did you just pull my leg here with the pic and all? ;)

Johnny Stew
04-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Now see, THAT'S Christine McVie!!! :D
And she looks so cute there.

Oh, and might I add that I'm beyond jealous that you've already heard the album, Sharon!

macfan 57
04-30-2004, 04:30 PM
See now, it really is Christine on that cover, not some imposter. :laugh: That cover up close looks great, too, by the way. Well, if a Buckingham/Nicks fanatic likes the album, I imagine I'll LOVE it.

jbrownsjr
04-30-2004, 05:14 PM

Oh, and might I add that I'm beyond jealous that you've already heard the album, Sharon!

You better check your glasses Johnny! What do you think Dissention, should we let him off the hook! :]

glitter_fades
04-30-2004, 07:08 PM

In that close-up I have to admit, I see her in there, around the eyes, but the rest looks like a wayward refugee from The Swan. I hope I'm wrong and it's only an airbrush and not the scalpel to blame. I always thought Chris was just as good looking as Stevie despite a few years in age, but I never liked her makeup. Her eyes have always been done wrong and I've never liked the hair down in the eyes either. Now she's gone back to the sheep dog thing. Her makeup and hair for the Dance were done well. She looked youthful but still within her age range. I'd even like to see her without much make up, more natural, but for females on record covers I guess that's impossible. The new cover is of a woman they are trying to make look 30 who everyone knows is well beyond that age range. It doesn't work for me.

MACFAN
04-30-2004, 09:20 PM
Please please Dont get me wrong I love Christine but when I showed a friend of mine this cover he asked if she went on "the Swan".......

Faith
04-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Sharon, how did you manage to snag a copy? That's awsome. :)

EnchantedSLN
04-30-2004, 11:24 PM
That looks much more recognizeable as Chris! Thanks so much for the larger scan, Sharon. I can't wait to hear this.

Cristian
04-30-2004, 11:32 PM
I really like this new album from Christine.
:)
What a way to make my first post in the Christine Forum! :D I was expecting the first review of this, but not this soon! I'm very glad you liked it, and I can't wait for having it myself. :)

See people, that was Christine. :p

Song of the moment - If Anyone Falls

face of glass
05-01-2004, 08:17 AM
lol! Yeah, I know it's not fair that I managed to blag a copy. I even surprised myself there.

If you've heard it then I assume that some other UK fans have heard it already too. ;)

Not that I had any worries about the quality control on the album but now it seems like I will love this even more than expected. :blob2:

GypsySorcerer
05-01-2004, 10:04 AM
YES, that looks like Chris! I think she looks nice in the photo. So what if it's airbrushed and/or she's had some work done? There is so much pressure on women in the entertainment industry to look good....40 is considered old.

I'm really happy for her. Long live Christine! :nod:

jwd
05-01-2004, 11:40 AM
trackaghost:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol! Yeah, I know it's not fair that I managed to blag a copy. I even surprised myself there.

It's true I'm a Buckingham Nicks gal, but I really like this new album from Christine.

Like Rumours, it's a total break-up album, so fittingly Ken Caillat is one of the producers, along with Chris herself and her nephew Dan Perfect.

There's plenty of the Chris of old on the album, and rather surprisingly there's not a huge amount of keyboards on there, rather layers of guitar (not that it's guitar heavy or anything, it's definitely a pop album).

The album is a mixture of funkier numbers such as the groovy Bad Journey or the vitriolic Liar, and breezy laid back pop numbers such as You Are (which almost sounds like classic Mac) and the heartbreaking Calumny.

Just think, if I reckon it's good then you Chris fans out there, will love it!
Of course I miss Lindsey's guitar, the irreplaceable Mac rhythm section and the harmonies (although there are plenty on the album) but Chris' voice is stronger than ever and there are certainly songs to love on the album.

Glad you're enjoying the new music from Chris, even though it is a little earlier than the rest of us. :)

I was wondering if you could please give me(us) a little information on other musicians playing on the record. Any Steve Winwoods or Eric Claptons by chance, or is this more of an obscure lineup of players?

Thanks in advance.

face of glass
05-01-2004, 12:17 PM
Forgot to add these earlier but here they are. Sharon has a more detailed description of the album in this thread at the FleetwoodMac-UK.com board:

http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Chris;action=display;num=1083250780

And Neil's site has the press release for the album too:

http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/albums/meantime/meantime.html

jwd
05-01-2004, 12:37 PM
Gaius(face of glass), thanks SO MUCH for posting those links. Very insightful. Sharon(trackaghost), I loved your song by song description/opinion of the album.

"3. Northern Star:
Chris slows things down with this sweet laid back tune. "I've been taken down and I rose right back again, And I want to say just how much I love you for the child you are, you're my northern star." The keyboards are in there in place of a guitar solo! yay!" :nod:

"4. Bad Journey:
Another funky number in the style of Anything Is Possible. Sounds like it might be Dan Perfect singing the chorus, quite simply the words "bad journey". This one seems like it really is about the break up of her marriage. "I saw the cracks appear, on your loving face." :(

GOD, I MISS HER, and am SO looking forward to this record.

:wavey:

GardenStateGirlie
05-02-2004, 04:08 PM

It's true I'm a Buckingham Nicks gal, but I really like this new album from Christine.

Like Rumours, it's a total break-up album, so fittingly Ken Caillat is one of the producers, along with Chris herself and her nephew Dan Perfect.

There's plenty of the Chris of old on the album, and rather surprisingly there's not a huge amount of keyboards on there, rather layers of guitar (not that it's guitar heavy or anything, it's definitely a pop album).

The album is a mixture of funkier numbers such as the groovy Bad Journey or the vitriolic Liar, and breezy laid back pop numbers such as You Are (which almost sounds like classic Mac) and the heartbreaking Calumny.

Just think, if I reckon it's good then you Chris fans out there, will love it!
Of course I miss Lindsey's guitar, the irreplaceable Mac rhythm section and the harmonies (although there are plenty on the album) but Chris' voice is stronger than ever and there are certainly songs to love on the album.
:)

I really CANNOT wait to hear this...i'm glad Chris is back and it's awesome to hear she's stronger than ever on her vocals :nod:

iamstevienicks
05-03-2004, 04:44 AM
Its getting so exciting cant freakin wait for this!!!

Cammie
05-05-2004, 02:49 PM
:blob1:Congratulations to Christine!!! :) Lovely Album Cover!!!:blob1:
You look very Pretty!The titles sound Great! Glad Your Back! Sky;)