PDA

View Full Version : A question for chiliD or anyone...

estranged4life
04-09-2004, 03:51 PM
Do you know of "Robert Randolph & The Family Band"? They're the opening act for Eric Clapton (See info below I just received the info from Tickets.com) on his US tour...Any info would be appreciated.

------------
Eric Clapton
June 9, 2004 @ 8:00 PM

Tickets On Sale April 17th!

Eric Clapton is kicking off his U.S. tour on June 9, 2004 at the Ford Center in Oklahoma City with special guests Robert Randolph & The Family Band.

Reserved seat tickets are $75.00 and $55.00 (plus applicable fees) and go on sale Saturday, April 17 at 10:00 a.m. Tickets can be purchased at the Ford Center box office, participating Oklahoma City and Tulsa area Homeland Stores, by phone at 1-800-511-1552 or online at www.okfordcenter.com

chiliD
04-09-2004, 04:04 PM
No, I know nothing about 'em.

Clapton Set SPOILER ahead!!!!

:wavey:

I just know that Randolph comes out to do "I Got My Mojo Working" with Clapton & band for the final encore tune.

estranged4life
04-09-2004, 04:08 PM
thanks for the SPOILER (Man, if those Spoiler's were WMD's :nod: )

I have heard a couple of SPOILERS myself for the OKC show only through some rumors spoke by DJ's for KRXO, If they come to fruition that OKC show should be rockin'.

Nixxxed
04-09-2004, 04:10 PM
Are they the ones who played in the funk medley with Outkast & George Clinton at the Grammy Awards? I think I've seen a video too -- "I Need More Love"? If so, I may just be saving up for some tix!

estranged4life
04-09-2004, 04:22 PM
tidbit from AMG.com about Robert Randolph & The Family Band:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=UIDSUB040403291719231068&sql=Bie3zeflk1gf8

and from the reviews of his music available on Amazon.com, Anyone who can sound like Duane Allman, B.B.King & Jimi Hendrix while playing a pedal steel guiar has to be very, very interesting & talented.

golddustwoman77
04-09-2004, 04:27 PM
Here is everything you could want to know about Robert Randolph and the Family Band: http://www.robertrandolph.net/

I hope this helps.

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

estranged4life
04-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by golddustwoman77
Here is everything you could want to know about Robert Randolph and the Family Band: http://www.robertrandolph.net/

I hope this helps.

Btw, tell our mutual buddie Alison I said "hi" and that I am in need of more Beatles music :laugh:

golddustwoman77
04-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by estranged4life
Btw, tell our mutual buddie Alison I said "hi" and that I am in need of more Beatles music :laugh:

Alison said that you guys were supposed to do a trade, but that she hasn't talked to you. I will tell her that you said, "Hello!" and that she needs to contact you. :D

WelshWitchPMD
04-09-2004, 04:59 PM
OOH I saw them on Regis and Kelly a few weeks ago and I could not remember the name of the band.
They are an R and B/Funk kind of mix. He plays a guitar that looks like a keyboard at first. I found the music interesting but I did not like the sound mix on Regis and Kelly.
I plan on checking out their CD.:)

WelshWitchPMD
04-11-2004, 09:16 AM
I picked up the CD yesterday. I am listening to it right now. It's pretty good. Like a cross between The Allman Bros and Sly and the Family Stone with maybe some Earth Wind and Fire thrown it.
It's different then a lot of music out today which is a relief. I was looking for something new. There is a slow song that I don't really care for that much. Most of it is feel good music. Calypso is a great tune it even kind of reminds me of Tusk meets Black Magic Woman in a weird sort of way. Great to get your body movin and dancin. :lol:

CarneVaca
04-12-2004, 08:33 AM
Robert Randolph is excellent. A very talented steel-guitar player. And his band is tops.

I saw them opening a club gig for Marah. They tore the roof off.