PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedian' movie

DownOnRodeo
04-09-2004, 01:58 AM
'So what's the deal with this movie?'

Has it been released yet?? The official site says 2002. I don't remember it ever coming out, at least not in Australia. But we get just about any film that's released.

darklinensuit
04-09-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
'So what's the deal with this movie?'

Has it been released yet?? The official site says 2002. I don't remember it ever coming out, at least not in Australia. But we get just about any film that's released.

It was out over here. That year sounds about right. I heard it's good, but I haven't seen it.

- Jake

DownOnRodeo
04-09-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by darklinensuit
It was out over here. That year sounds about right. I heard it's good, but I haven't seen it.

Cool - Thanks Jake.
You haven't seen it? Hmm, not that there's anything wrong with that.. :wavey:

darklinensuit
04-09-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
Cool - Thanks Jake.
You haven't seen it? Hmm, not that there's anything wrong with that.. :wavey:

I think I can go longer without seeing it than you can.
Care to make it interesting?;)
Of course, it's easier for you. You're an Australian.;)

- Jake

seteca
04-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by darklinensuit
I think I can go longer without seeing it than you can.
Care to make it interesting?;)

Wait a second, wait a second......

Count me in on this.;)

Btw...Joe...did you go to Kenny Kramer's live "Kramer on Seinfeld" show at the Brisbane Powerhouse Theatre in March??

Re: the "Comedian" DVD...it was never released in the UK either, but I downloaded it.:D

wondergirl9847
04-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Hi there Seteca, nice to see ya on the board! :)

I think Comedian is out on DVD here, but I am not 100% sure.

DownOnRodeo
04-11-2004, 01:23 AM
Btw...Joe...did you go to Kenny Kramer's live "Kramer on Seinfeld" show at the Brisbane Powerhouse Theatre in March??
How on earth did you know about that? lol
(Long time no read, btw, Seteca ;) )
I actually did see it advertised in the newspaper but didn't go. I figured that I already knew way too much about the show and it wouldn't be healthy to pay to find out more :laugh: There's actually been a lot of interesting stuff at the Powerhouse since it opened, and I haven't even seen the place yet. :rolleyes:
I assume that Kenny did the same show in the UK? Did you see it?
Re: the "Comedian" DVD...it was never released in the UK either, but I downloaded it.:D
Ah, I like your thinking. ;)

seteca
04-11-2004, 08:06 AM
How on earth did you know about that? lol

The definition of knowing way too much about a show!;)

I assume that Kenny did the same show in the UK? Did you see it?

If he has it certainly wasn't recently. He's been doing the "Kramer Reality Tour" in New York for a very long time now (I think 8 years!). The tours happen in the 2nd half of the year, and he spent the first half of this year in Australia, so I assume he's gonna go back to N.Y. after the Perth show as bookings for the tourbus begin again in May. I may be in N.Y. briefly this summer and if I am I'll be sure to catch it.

As far as anything Seinfeld-related is concerned, I've already done the ultimate (as far as I'm concerned!), which was seeing the master himself live about 10 metres away from him at a 90 minute show last year in San Antonio. My stomach was hurting for literally about 24 hours after the show from non-stop laughing...you hardly get enough time to catch your breath!:)

I think on the whole though Australians and Brits are quite lucky when it comes to Seinfeld because there's quite a steady stream of re-runs in both countries, and also the people related to the show do come to both countries now and again: you've got the real Kramer there right now, Michael Richards was here in London last year doing the West End play "Arsenic And Old Lace" (which I had to miss because it was right in the middle of my exams...AAGHH!:distress: ), and in 1998 Jerry's "worldwide tour" consisted of the U.K., Australia......and Iceland!:confused::laugh:

Livia
04-14-2004, 09:43 AM
It's out there - I rented it at Blockbuster. It's funny to hear Jerry say the f word.