PDA

View Full Version : Grad songs

Alison
04-08-2004, 02:57 PM
I'm graduating this June, and I have been asked to find a grad song. Any of you Ledgies have any suggestions?
It dosn't have to be Fleetwood Mac songs.

strandinthewind
04-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Mine was "Forever Young" - the Diana Ross version. It is a beautiful song IMO.

hayley
04-08-2004, 04:10 PM
"Kite" by U2 was a nice one the year I graduated, it doesn't smack you over the head with obviousness in the choice, either.

GardenStateGirlie
04-08-2004, 04:12 PM
My song was "I Will Remember You" by Sarah McLachlan. The year before me was "This Is The Time To Remember" by Billy Joel

Merf
04-08-2004, 04:33 PM
We sang "Bridge over troubled water" by Simon and Garfunkel at our graduation.

Our "theme song" was "1999" by Prince (not my choice :laugh: ) but that wouldn't exactly be appropriate anymore, for obvious reasons ;)

DrummerDeanna
04-08-2004, 11:30 PM
I've always thought "In My Life" by The Beatles or "Right Now" by Van Halen would kind of cool...

IML was voted our senior class song in high school...BUT a group of loud obnoxious yet popular cheerleaders had the vote overturned...and we ended up with Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On.." *hangs head in shame* In defense..that movie did come out the year I graduated...so it was a popular song at the time...

Anyway...I Will Remember you would also be a really good song...

Sorcerer386
04-08-2004, 11:40 PM
Well, my class just HAD to pick that stupid song "Graduation (Friends Forever)" by Vitamin C...they just couldn't be original. The class before me picked the Green Day song, I don't know if it's the title, but goes, "I hope you had the time of your life." I think if you want to pick a song that is current for the year, perhaps try "100 Years" by Five for Fighting. I love that song, and it's probably the most fitting current song for graduation.

darklinensuit
04-09-2004, 11:00 AM
I don't think we had a song, but I remember several folks singing "Nah nah nah nah...goodbye.":)
My mom's class had to sing Climb Every Mountain. Ugh.
I like Bridge Over Troubled Water, Merf.

- Jake

jadegypsy
04-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Oh gosh I had that lovely song Graduation (friends forever) song as my grad song too. Just delightful (voice dripping with sarcasm)

As for songs I wouldn't have minded, In My Life, Time of Your Life (Green Day, not Dirty Dancing), You Can Wear Sunscreen was a neat one for the class before me. I never really gave it much thought, maybe something happy.

Alison
04-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions. I will make a CD of most of these songs and have a vote on them. I guess I will have the final say as no one else offered. One person came up with "schools out" by Alice Cooper. I don't think so.

ryan8472
04-09-2004, 07:05 PM
I like the "Kite" and "In My Life" ideas. A couple of others IMO could be...Once In A Lifetime by Talking Heads or My Generation by The Who. My two cents...

Ali
04-09-2004, 07:28 PM
My "unofficial" graduation song was "No Such Thing" by John Mayer. But it was more of a personal thing than representative of my entire graduating class.