PDA

View Full Version : Wish list set for "Time" tour

SteveMacD
04-07-2004, 06:09 PM
If there had been a proper tour for the "Time" album, here's the set-list I would have liked to have seen (though it would never have happened).

In The Back Of My Mind ->
Feelin’ Alright
Winds Of Change
Oh Well
We Just Disagree
Hi Ho Silver
Only You Know And I Know
Never Ending Song Of Love
Groupie (Superstar)
Rattlesnake Shake
All Along The Watchtower
You Make Loving Fun
World Turning
Talkin’ To My Heart
Blow By Blow
Angel
The Bigger The Love
Dear Mr. Fantasy
I Got It In For You
Go Your Own Way

Tear It Up
Don’t Stop

Dreamin’ The Dream

jbrownsjr
04-07-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by SteveMacD
If there had been a proper tour for the "Time" album, here's the set-list I would have liked to have seen (though it would never have happened).

In The Back Of My Mind ->
Feelin’ Alright
Winds Of Change
Oh Well
We Just Disagree
Hi Ho Silver
Only You Know And I Know
Groupie (Superstar)
Rattlesnake Shake
All Along The Watchtower
You Make Loving Fun
World Turning
Talkin’ To My Heart
Blow By Blow
Angel
The Bigger The Love
Dear Mr. Fantasy
I Got It In For You
Go Your Own Way

Tear It Up
Don’t Stop

Dreamin’ The Dream

Steve, you are a die hard true blue fan!

chiliD
04-07-2004, 08:09 PM
Great set, Steve...and then when they get to SoCal, here's the set I'd have 'em play...BASED on yours (because they wouldn't have been playing the same set each night) :

In The Back Of My Mind
Winds Of Change
Oh Well
Try Me
We Just Disagree
I Got It In For You
Only You Know And I Know
The Bigger The Love
Don't Let Me Down Again
Rattlesnake Shake
Gold Dust Woman
All Along The Watchtower
You Make Loving Fun
World Turning
Talkin’ To My Heart
Blow By Blow
Angel
When The Sun Goes Down
Feelin’ Alright
Go Your Own Way

Tear It Up
Don’t Stop

Dreamin’ The Dream

HollywoodSteve
04-18-2004, 03:47 PM
Very cool set list. If Christine were apart of this tour's lineup I would also add "I Do" ("Time"'s first and only single) and "Hollywood (Some Other Kind of Town), as these are my two favorite songs from the album. I also think they would have worked very well live.

chiliD
04-19-2004, 10:04 AM
I think IF Christine would've joined the tour, I think she would've done "Sooner Or Later" & "Nights In Estoril", too...(which would've left only "All Over Again" as her only unplayed live song on the album)

SteveMacD
04-19-2004, 08:02 PM
I think IF Christine would've joined the tour, I think she would've done "Sooner Or Later" & "Nights In Estoril", too...(which would've left only "All Over Again" as her only unplayed live song on the album)

See, my thinking is that "All Over Again" would have replaced "Songbird" in the set. It's just too perfect a way to end a show.

Cristian
04-19-2004, 09:00 PM
...I would have loved to see that. But then IF Christine would join that tour, she would have to get along well with Dave Mason. She didn't like him really, as it seems from the interviews from the time. Anyway the Another Link In The Chain documentary is a very interesting way of seeing this band without Stevie, Lindsey or Christine (or Peter for that matter) and having a lot of energy and power in their performance anyway. :)

Song of the moment - Who's Dreaming This Dream

David
04-22-2004, 05:05 PM
You Make Loving Fun
World Turning
Go Your Own Way
Don’t Stop

Now don't kill me, you guys, but the last thing in the world I would need or want to hear is these warhorses, trotted out yet again just because it's a Fleetwood Mac tour & everyone in the organization is so paranoid about the public's "need" to hear this stuff again. In fact, I have trouble believing some of you who say you want to hear this stuff again. I seriously doubt you want to hear "Don't Stop" anymore. If you do, you've left your brain at the door.

But check this out. I put "Forever" on repeat play the other day -- just kept listening to it over & over for maybe an hour. I began to imagine ways that this groovy little song could be stretched out a bit, giving Mason/Burnette/Bramlett a chance to vocalize so well (which is what they do so well). The song could even have served as Mick's solo occasion, preferably with drums rather than articles of electronic clothing. So I decided, as I was listening to this, that by damn my own group was going to add this song to our repertoire. I took it over to the electric piano & started pounding it out. It's a kick! We will do it!

"Forever"!! And eeeeeee-ver!! And eeeeeeeeeee-ver!!

Lots of missed opportunities on the two "Time" tours, that's for sure. I've heard millions of bar bands cover "Say You Love Me" & "Don't Stop," & Fleetwood Mac sounded like one covering all that overfamiliar, overplayed, overperformed stuff. They cut their own throats.

Hawkeye
04-25-2004, 08:06 PM
they should've played I got it in for you and I Wonder Why

chiliD
04-29-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
You Make Loving Fun
World Turning
Go Your Own Way
Don’t Stop

Now don't kill me, you guys, but the last thing in the world I would need or want to hear is these warhorses, trotted out yet again

David, I can kind of see where you're coming from, but in the CONTEXT of the rest of the set, those "old warhorses" would be little comforting "touch points" for those folks just too traumatized from seeing Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey, Stevie & Christine on the stage. For the adventurous Fleetwood Mac fan, both Steve's set & my set have MORE (for lack of a better term) obscure tunes...and really break the mold of Fleetwood Mac sets before or since.