PDA

View Full Version : You Pig.

darklinensuit
03-30-2004, 10:58 PM
I can't stand it when I can hear people chew, and I am bothered when somebody plays with a cat or dog & then handles food or utensils. Clean hands are a must.

So...How are YOUR table manners, and what are your peeves a la table?

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-30-2004, 11:08 PM
Well, when you take me to the boardwalk for Dipstix, I'll be sure to be REALLY loud when eating it :nod:

I can't stand when people try to chew and talk at the same time with six tons of food in their mouths. And when people slurp.

Mad4stevie
03-31-2004, 12:01 AM
I hate it when people eat like a pig and then don't use a napkin to wipe all the food from their chin, mouth, beard, whatever!

Makes me nuts!

Violet
03-31-2004, 09:15 AM
One of my biggest pet peeves when eating at a restaurant is when people blow their noses (loudly) at the table.

Carol

DrummerDeanna
03-31-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Violet
One of my biggest pet peeves when eating at a restaurant is when people blow their noses (loudly) at the table.

Carol

I used to have a friend who blew her nose SO loudly...it was incredible...and she used to do it on purpose in resaurants just to embarrass her family....so yeah...going out to eat with them was always a treat :rolleyes: yeah...it was pretty gross...

I don't really have any big pet peeves at the dinner table etc...strange....I just never really think about it I guess...

Okay..here's one, people who answer their cell phones in the middle of a meal....like when I'm eating with them or whatever...I think it's pretty rude, unless it's a really important call or something...otherwise...just turn it off or leave it somewhere...

Violet
03-31-2004, 11:00 AM
Gees, don't know how I forgot this, but people who smack their lips or make smacking noises when they're chewing...totally grosses me out. My father-in-law is real bad about this....I always try not to sit near him at family meals...I just can't stand it!

Carol

CarneVaca
03-31-2004, 11:07 AM
I hate it when people scratch their asses, then pick their noses, then eat French fries with their fingers, then lick ketchup off the fingers.

strandinthewind
03-31-2004, 11:18 AM
Hey - that's Freedom Fries :cool:

I CANNOT stand bad table manners. I mean close your mouth when you chew - noone want to see that :laugh:

The worst though IMO is when people throw their cell phones on the table and then actually take a call. Then they sit there and talk about NOTHING with the person who called. That is the rudest thing IMO. If someone does that to me, I usually get up and leave. I mean if I am having dinner with you, it is for your company, not to hear you talk on the phone. AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

cliffdweller
03-31-2004, 11:38 AM
Talking with your mouth full---it's a huge no-no.

Another thing I hate, (and I know this is anal), is when someone makes a huge mess on their plate! I know that's weird, but I am such a neat/clean fanatic, a messy plate bugs me. :laugh:

Violet
03-31-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by cliffdweller
Another thing I hate, (and I know this is anal), is when someone makes a huge mess on their plate! I know that's weird, but I am such a neat/clean fanatic, a messy plate bugs me. :laugh:

You and my husband both...
I can't stand different foods touching on my plate. Like when a sauce or juice runs into something else. Hate that. I love those paper plates with the divided sections. Nothing has to touch! And people who mix their corn and mashed potatoes together? Yuck!

Carol

cliffdweller
03-31-2004, 11:56 AM
I can't stand different foods touching on my plate. Like when a sauce or juice runs into something else. Hate that. I love those paper plates with the divided sections. Nothing has to touch! And people who mix their corn and mashed potatoes together? Yuck!

Carol

Those compartmental plates rock. :laugh:

gldstwmn
03-31-2004, 11:57 AM
I cannot drink off of anybody else's glass.

DrummerDeanna
03-31-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by strandinthewind

I CANNOT stand bad table manners. I mean close your mouth when you chew - noone want to see that :laugh:

The worst though IMO is when people throw their cell phones on the table and then actually take a call. Then they sit there and talk about NOTHING with the person who called. That is the rudest thing IMO. If someone does that to me, I usually get up and leave. I mean if I am having dinner with you, it is for your company, not to hear you talk on the phone. AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

There ya go....glad someone else hates that! We've got this stupid section in our local paper called "sound off" and someone called in and said "Stop all the loud cell-phone calls in resaurants and stores, I don't want to hear your conversations..."

Someone called in today and told that person to quit eavesdropping...kind of hard not to when these people are SHOUTING into their stupid cells phones...

I wish I were courageous enough to walk out on someone when they did that...I just get really mad and fume about it lol....I'm going to take some inspiration from you though...and next time I"LL WALK OUT :laugh:

strandinthewind
03-31-2004, 12:34 PM
LOL - I HATE that so much.

I mean if you are two for dinner - the non-phone occupied party just sits there with nothing to do. So, I am glad I can inpire one more person not to take it any longer :laugh: :cool:

CarneVaca
03-31-2004, 01:22 PM
You know what I also hate? I hate when people talk with their mouths full and spit half the food on your face, then pick their teeth with the nail of their pinky, wipe the stuff on the front of their shirts and then belch sonorously. I hate that.

macmar71
03-31-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by gldstwmn

I hate when people drink from the same glass or bottle. UGHHHH!

Violet
03-31-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by CarneVaca
You know what I also hate? I hate when people talk with their mouths full and spit half the food on your face, then pick their teeth with the nail of their pinky, wipe the stuff on the front of their shirts and then belch sonorously. I hate that.

Gee, such high standards! ;)

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
Well, when you take me to the boardwalk for Dipstix, I'll be sure to be REALLY loud when eating it :nod:

You'll fit right in.
:rolleyes:

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Mad4stevie
I hate it when people eat like a pig and then don't use a napkin to wipe all the food from their chin, mouth, beard, whatever!

Makes me nuts!

Milk mustaches are yucky.

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 06:04 PM

Carol

Especially if they use the cloth napkins.:(

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by DrummerDeanna
I used to have a friend who blew her nose SO loudly...it was incredible...and she used to do it on purpose in resaurants just to embarrass her family....so yeah...going out to eat with them was always a treat :rolleyes: yeah...it was pretty gross...

I don't really have any big pet peeves at the dinner table etc...strange....I just never really think about it I guess...

Okay..here's one, people who answer their cell phones in the middle of a meal....like when I'm eating with them or whatever...I think it's pretty rude, unless it's a really important call or something...otherwise...just turn it off or leave it somewhere...

:nod:

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 06:06 PM
Gees, don't know how I forgot this, but people who smack their lips or make smacking noises when they're chewing...totally grosses me out. My father-in-law is real bad about this....I always try not to sit near him at family meals...I just can't stand it!

Carol

I agree. Who wants to hear that?

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 06:07 PM
I hate it when people scratch their asses, then pick their noses, then eat French fries with their fingers, then lick ketchup off the fingers.

What if they use the fries to scratch and pick?:laugh:

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 06:09 PM

I like the scene in Keeping The Faith where Ben Stiller gets tired of waiting and drops Jenna Elfman's cell phone into the mailbox.

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 06:12 PM
Another thing I hate, (and I know this is anal), is when someone makes a huge mess on their plate! [/B]

EWW! An anal mess on a plate. Warning to Cliffdweller's next dinner guests: Beware the curious after-taste.:laugh:

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 06:13 PM

Carol

That seems to divide the genders. Most guys say Well, it all goes to the same place anyway.

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 06:14 PM
Those compartmental plates rock. :laugh:

Makes me think of airline meals.:distress:

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 06:15 PM

Relax, we keep telling you our cold sores are almost completely healed.:wavey:

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by DrummerDeanna
I'm going to take some inspiration from you though...and next time I"LL WALK OUT :laugh:

Me, too! Finally an issue we can all get behind! This is history!

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 06:18 PM
LOL - I HATE that so much.

I mean if you are two for dinner - the non-phone occupied party just sits there with nothing to do. So, I am glad I can inpire one more person not to take it any longer :laugh: :cool:

Or maybe restaurants can replace the smoking sections with cell phone sections.;)

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 06:20 PM

What if they pick with their pinky toes and they wipe with their flabby boobs 'cause they're topless?

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by macmar71
I hate when people drink from the same glass or bottle. UGHHHH!

The idea of backwash is revolting.

- Jake

ryan8472
03-31-2004, 06:53 PM
Some things I HATE at the dinner table:

- Chewing with the mouth open
- People who scrape their forks over their teeth, producing horrible sounds.
- People scratching their plates with their forks/knives.
- Farting (especially from my sister, the usual suspect)
- Sticking fingers in gross places right before the person passes you something or eats something using their hands.

- My grandfather's dentures making a poping sound when he chews :laugh:

Violet
03-31-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by darklinensuit
What if they pick with their pinky toes and they wipe with their flabby boobs 'cause they're topless?

- Jake

Too funny! :laugh:

CarneVaca
03-31-2004, 07:43 PM
What if they use the fries to scratch and pick?:laugh:

- Jake

It would be more efficient.

Ali
03-31-2004, 09:11 PM
What really irks me is when people who are larger don't wear properly sized clothing. To put it more frankly, I don't like it when girls who aren't a size 2 try to squeeze into size 2 clothing and have rolls of fat hanging outside the sides of their jeans. Or they wear tiny tank tops and their bellies are hanging all out.

The other thing is girls in low-rise jeans with their thongs hanging out. There were girls in my high school who would lean over a cafeteria table at lunch time and I could literally see 2/3 of their ass. Frankly, it was disgusting.

cliffdweller
03-31-2004, 09:15 PM

Yeah, and especially if it's milk. Sharing dairy products is gross. :laugh:

GardenStateGirlie
03-31-2004, 09:18 PM
You'll fit right in.
:rolleyes:

- Jake

Unlike you, Mr. Perfection, who has NO bad table manners nor bad qualities :rolleyes: :laugh:

cliffdweller
03-31-2004, 09:19 PM
EWW! An anal mess on a plate. Warning to Cliffdweller's next dinner guests: Beware the curious after-taste.:laugh:

- Jake

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nice wordplay Jake.

GardenStateGirlie
03-31-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Ali
What really irks me is when people who are larger don't wear properly sized clothing. To put it more frankly, I don't like it when girls who aren't a size 2 try to squeeze into size 2 clothing and have rolls of fat hanging outside the sides of their jeans. Or they wear tiny tank tops and their bellies are hanging all out.

The other thing is girls in low-rise jeans with their thongs hanging out. There were girls in my high school who would lean over a cafeteria table at lunch time and I could literally see 2/3 of their ass. Frankly, it was disgusting.

I guess these people are sitting at the table? :laugh:

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 09:38 PM
I guess these people are sitting at the table? :laugh:

Now don't be snippy just because of her thong comment.:laugh: :wavey:

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 09:39 PM
Unlike you, Mr. Perfection, who has NO bad table manners nor bad qualities :rolleyes: :laugh:

There ARE no tables at Dipstix. Duh.:rolleyes: :cool:

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 09:42 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nice wordplay Jake.

Thanks, and let me add that to avoid future messes, remember that porcelain plates are not to be confused with the porcelain god.;)

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 09:42 PM
Yeah, and especially if it's milk. Sharing dairy products is gross. :laugh:

Milk is gross anyway.:(

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Ali

Ahh, yes, memories of Rump Roast Wednesdays on the cafeteria menu.:)

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by ryan8472
- People who scrape their forks over their teeth, producing horrible sounds.

Eleven years ago my then girlfriend used to hit the back of her front teeth with the spoon when she ate yogurt. I can still hear that sound and it still bugs me.

- Jake

cliffdweller
03-31-2004, 09:53 PM
Eleven years ago my then girlfriend used to hit the back of her front teeth with the spoon when she ate yogurt. I can still hear that sound and it still bugs me.

- Jake

Exactly! I hate it when people bite the fork or scrape it against their teeth when they take a bite. God!! Talking about all the minutia we hate makes us all sound like a bunch of disgruntled a-holes !!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It's quite hilarious.

GardenStateGirlie
03-31-2004, 09:55 PM
Now don't be snippy just because of her thong comment.:laugh: :wavey:

- Jake

: picks thong out of her ass, holds dog for a moment, puts dogs down, grabs ice out of the freezer, puts ice in glass, fills glass with water, hands glass of water to you:

shuddup. :laugh:

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 09:57 PM
makes us all sound like a bunch of disgruntled a-holes

Wow, this is a theme with you today, isn't it. Do we need to hide the plates?:laugh:

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 09:59 PM
: picks thong out of her ass, holds dog for a moment, puts dogs down, grabs ice out of the freezer, puts ice in glass, fills glass with water, hands glass of water to you:

...Dumps water on you...;)

- Jake

cliffdweller
Wow, this is a theme with you today, isn't it. Do we need to hide the plates?:laugh:

- Jake

Dammit! Foiled again!! I knew you'd get back at me for that "tool" comment the other day. :laugh:

GardenStateGirlie
There ARE no tables at Dipstix. Duh.:rolleyes: :cool:

- Jake

Well, i've yet to go to this place so I wouldn't know that. :nod:

GardenStateGirlie
03-31-2004, 10:03 PM
...Dumps water on you...;)

- Jake
....fills up another glass....dumps it right back ;)

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 10:03 PM
Dammit! Foiled again!! I knew you'd get back at me for that "tool" comment the other day. :laugh:

Lady, I haven't BEGUN to start with you for that.:cool:

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 10:05 PM
Well, i've yet to go to this place so I wouldn't know that. :nod:

Did you fail to meet the dress code?
It's a boardwalk stand.

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 10:07 PM

I guess I should be impressed you figured out how to hold the glass right-side-up. You're catching up to the chimpanzee. :nod:

- Jake

cliffdweller
03-31-2004, 10:08 PM
Lady, I haven't BEGUN to start with you for that.:cool:

- Jake

I like how you picked the sunglasses icon to emphasize your point. Who are you now, T2?

:laugh:

Now I'm really scared.

GardenStateGirlie
03-31-2004, 10:13 PM
I like how you picked the sunglasses icon to emphasize your point. Who are you now, T2?

:laugh:

Now I'm really scared.

Sweetie, you have NO idea. He THINKS he's the Jakeinator. When I say he wears sunglasses on the top of his head at night? He does.

Don't be scared. He's all talk. :nod:

GardenStateGirlie
03-31-2004, 10:16 PM
Did you fail to meet the dress code?
It's a boardwalk stand.

- Jake

No, but perhaps you did

"I wear my suuuuuunglasses at night.....so i can, so i caaaaan" :laugh:

cliffdweller
03-31-2004, 10:17 PM
Sweetie, you have NO idea. He THINKS he's the Jakeinator. When I say he wears sunglasses on the top of his head at night? He does.

Don't be scared. He's all talk. :nod:

"Jakeinator".....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry Jake, but you have to admit it's pretty funny. And remember, we're not laughing at you, we're laughing with you!

GardenStateGirlie
03-31-2004, 10:19 PM
I guess I should be impressed you figured out how to hold the glass right-side-up. You're catching up to the chimpanzee. :nod:

- Jake

Now, now...don't be upset because i've surpassed you :wavey:

GardenStateGirlie
03-31-2004, 10:22 PM
we're not laughing at you, we're laughing with you!

Psh...speak for yourself...

;)

greatdarkwing
03-31-2004, 10:25 PM
I can not share a drink with anyone, because of what happened to me....Get ready, this is pretty gross...:nod:

My family and I went to Disney World, and we had just finished lunch...I ran out of soda, so i go to take a sip of my brother's (who was 7 at the time), and I got more chicken fingers in my mouth than I did soda!!!!!:eek: :distress: (insert vomiting smiley)........Lets just say, I steer clear of everything he touches, lol

~Alex

strandinthewind
04-01-2004, 06:39 AM

and then he beings to dwindle and smoke all the while screming "I'm melting I melting" :cool:

darklinensuit
04-01-2004, 09:21 AM
Now, now...don't be upset because i've surpassed you :wavey:

Only in the hairy back department, I'm sure.:)

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-01-2004, 09:22 AM
and then he beings to dwindle and smoke all the while screming "I'm melting I melting" :cool:

Couldn't you have chosen a reference to a movie I like?

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-01-2004, 04:55 PM
Only in the hairy back department, I'm sure.:)

- Jake

Sorry, Sasquatch...you win :wavey:

darklinensuit
04-01-2004, 05:47 PM

I beg your pardon, Yetti.
I know the motto up by you's. Don'tr shave it if you can braid or frost it.:wavey:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-01-2004, 05:58 PM
I beg your pardon, Yetti.
I know the motto up by you's. Don'tr shave it if you can braid or frost it.:wavey:

- Jake

You are SO wrong :laugh:

And, might I add, you forget where I work. Why shave when you can wax? More importantly, wax for free. SOOO...if I HAD back hair...which I don't...it would be gone :nod: :laugh: Jackass...

darklinensuit
04-01-2004, 06:01 PM
You are SO wrong :laugh:

And, might I add, you forget where I work. Why shave when you can wax? More importantly, wax for free. SOOO...if I HAD back hair...which I don't...it would be gone :nod: :laugh: Jackass...

I'm picturing Mr. Miyagi and Ralph Macchio following you around as they work on your back.
Wax on. Wax off.
Slow process.:wavey:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-01-2004, 06:11 PM
I'm picturing Mr. Miyagi and Ralph Macchio following you around as they work on your back.
Wax on. Wax off.
Slow process.:wavey:

- Jake

:distress:

Someone ought to wax the tongue out of your mouth :wavey:

darklinensuit
04-01-2004, 06:12 PM
As long as I can type, no prob.:wavey:

- Jake

wondergirl9847
04-01-2004, 06:14 PM
...really need to get a room already.

:lol:

LMAO!!!

strandinthewind
04-01-2004, 06:14 PM
Now Now - hair is a sensitive topic with Jake :cool:

strandinthewind
04-01-2004, 06:15 PM
Who loves ya Jake!!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

darklinensuit
04-01-2004, 06:17 PM
Who loves ya Jake!!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Stevie.:nod:
She just doesn't know it yet.

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-01-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
...really need to get a room already.

:lol:

LMAO!!!

Find me one where the floor is papered at her end and the walls are padded at my end, 'cause I'd go nuts!
She picks on me for no reason.:distress:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Now Now - hair is a sensitive topic with Jake :cool:

It must be because he's started to bald.

darklinensuit
04-01-2004, 06:23 PM
It must be because he's started to bald.

Nope.
And you're just jealous because you wish your back would.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-01-2004, 06:26 PM
Find me one where the floor is papered at her end and the walls are padded at my end, 'cause I'd go nuts!
She picks on me for no reason.:distress:

- Jake

Why papered? Am I ****ting bricks because i'm stuck in there with you? ;)

GardenStateGirlie
04-01-2004, 06:31 PM
Nope.
And you're just jealous because you wish your back would.

- Jake

My hairy back. Yea. Totally.

Sure. Fine. Whatever. :rolleyes:

cliffdweller
04-01-2004, 08:39 PM

Ahem,....I think we all know that Lindsey is the sasquatch as reported in a thread on his forum... :laugh:

darklinensuit
04-02-2004, 02:22 AM
Why papered? Am I ****ting bricks because i'm stuck in there with you? ;)

If you are, it's 'cause you've got bricks for brains & that's the end you crap out of.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-02-2004, 02:28 AM
If you are, it's 'cause you've got bricks for brains & that's the end you crap out of.

- Jake

Well, i'd rather have bricks for brains than **** for brains :wavey:

darklinensuit
04-02-2004, 02:48 AM
Well, i'd rather have bricks for brains than **** for brains :wavey:

Those are your options?:confused: :wavey:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-02-2004, 02:57 AM
Those are your options?:confused: :wavey:

- Jake

No, **** for brains, they're not :wavey: :laugh:

darklinensuit
04-02-2004, 03:05 AM
No, **** for brains, they're not :wavey: :laugh:

Not to panic. Maybe you can find some fifth grader to tutor you so your options open up. A crap is a terrible thing to waste.:wavey:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-02-2004, 03:20 AM
Not to panic. Maybe you can find some fifth grader to tutor you so your options open up. A crap is a terrible thing to waste.:wavey:

- Jake

Will this be a child that you've taught? We're trying to increase my intelligence, not decrease. :wavey:

darklinensuit
04-02-2004, 03:32 AM
Will this be a child that you've taught? We're trying to increase my intelligence, not decrease. :wavey:

We're not concerned that your intelligence can decrease.:distress:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-02-2004, 03:40 AM
We're not concerned that your intelligence can decrease.:distress:

- Jake

Chances are if I keep talking to you it will :nod:

darklinensuit
04-02-2004, 09:12 AM
Chances are if I keep talking to you it will :nod:

Oh, good, you've noticed you're comments are getting dumber the more your bug me. Lesson learned.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-02-2004, 12:58 PM
Oh, good, you've noticed you're comments are getting dumber the more your bug me. Lesson learned.

- Jake

I bug you? Ha! Surely you jest. :distress:

darklinensuit
04-02-2004, 01:17 PM
I bug you? Ha! Surely you jest. :distress:

I do not. And don't call me Shoiley.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-02-2004, 02:47 PM
I do not. And don't call me Shoiley.