PDA

View Full Version : Other purchases today?

misterbug
03-23-2004, 02:48 PM
Tuesdays are new CD release days...did anybody buy anything besides the FM reissues?

I picked up the 3 FM albums plus N.E.R.D.'s Fly or Die album. Good stuff so far--the songs are very catchy.

DrummerDeanna
03-23-2004, 03:08 PM
I couldn't even buy the FM remasters!!! :mad: :mad:

I went to nearly every store that sells cd's in this stupid town, only two had the re-issues...and they only had Rumours!!!! :mad:

They told me that there are no more...and I was like...bull! There are three!!!! Erggg...I'm not happy about the situation...so I will turn to on-line music buying...

and to answer your question, I'm not planning on buying any other new releases :D

DeeGeMe
03-23-2004, 03:54 PM
I hear you Deanna--I went to three stores. The first one didn't have them at all. The second one had The White Album & Rumours, but not Tusk (which is my all-time favorite FM album), so I went to store number three. They had Tusk, but it was the old version, not the remastered version. The only other FM album they had was the Greatest Hits double-disc package. Frustrating! I came home and just ordered Tusk off of Best Buy.com--free shipping! The bad news? It will take anywhere from 5-13 days for it to get here!

estranged4life
03-23-2004, 03:55 PM
I havent bought any new releases but I am planning on purchasing the following releases:

Tesla-"Into The Now"

Guns N Roses-"Greatest Hits"

Dream Theater-"Master Of Puppets" (Yes, DT recorded the complete Metallica classic and have released it officially through their "Official Bootleg Series" on Ytse Records.)

Merf
03-23-2004, 04:00 PM
I also picked up N.E.R.D.'s new album. I'm eager to hear it all because I already love "She Wants to Move." :)

hayley
03-23-2004, 04:35 PM
an FYI for anyone looking for the GnR package... i haven't gotten it, but it's $7.99 at the vast majority of Best Buy stores for the next couple of days...

misterbug
03-23-2004, 05:23 PM
I also picked up N.E.R.D.'s new album. I'm eager to hear it all because I already love "She Wants to Move."
Yeah--that song is great. I first heard it on SNL last weekend I think. So far, "Drill Sergeant" is my favorite song on the album (well, it's more like 2 songs really)--the first half is very catchy/hooky and gets stuck in your head. The second half I haven't warmed up to quite as much.

Pisces Queen
03-23-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by estranged4life
Tesla-"Into The Now"

Brian,

I would be very interested in your review of the Tesla album. I have been a fan since Mechanical Renaissance. I have been on the fence buying their new material. If you don't mind ~ Drop me a line and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Catherine

estranged4life
03-23-2004, 06:50 PM
what I have heard thus far (On the radio) and I am definitely going to buy the Tesla "Into The Now" as a first priority...

I have been reading alot about the regrouping of the guys from Sacramento and it is definitely not a 1-off reunion.

http://www.teslatheband.com/

Brian j.

ps-I bought Mechanical Resonance before the radio ever started to play "Modern Day Cowboy" back in day...Been a fan ever since, And for anyone who doesnt know, TESLA is <b>NOT OR EVER BEEN</b> a "hair metal" band!!!

macmar71
03-23-2004, 07:08 PM
I went to Circuit City today and bought the Mac remasters after some slight heart failure. They had one copy of the White Album and two Rumours but no Tusk which is my favorite one! I grabbed the White Album and The Rumours album and noticed the trolley they were on had a lower tier and misfiled was a Tusk album amongst artists with names that began with T-U-V-W so I lucked out with them all. I definitely want to get the G-N-R Greatest Hits and the Jackson Browne 2 CD set I saw advertised during the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Show. But my piggy bank is busted for the week so those will have to wait maybe in a week or two.

chiliD
03-23-2004, 07:10 PM
The best new release of the month:

Eric Clapton- "Me & Mr. Johnson"

estranged4life
03-23-2004, 07:15 PM
to see E.C. twice in June, So I need to check out his new release to prepare for the shows.

Brian j.

skcin
03-23-2004, 11:11 PM
I havent bought any new releases but I am planning on purchasing the following releases:

Tesla-"Into The Now"

Guns N Roses-"Greatest Hits"

Dream Theater-"Master Of Puppets" (Yes, DT recorded the complete Metallica classic and have released it officially through their "Official Bootleg Series" on Ytse Records.)

Wow - surprised about the Master remake. I saw the Tesla disc today, thought about it & decided I couldn't afford that one in addition to the remasters.

Let us know what you think about all of them, Brian.

Paula

estranged4life
03-24-2004, 07:02 PM
the new Tesla release so I bought the Guns N Roses "Greatest Hits" disc today...

Kinda funny, But I can now see why there a legal injunction to try to stop this release from seeing the light of day on store shelves (ie-No detailed liner notes; Different master tapes used to source this release; Generic artwork and no input from current/former members with the track selection.)

Oh well, Still not a bad buy for the $7.99 price tag. So I guess it is true about Geffen trying to recoup the 13 million (!!!) already spent on the recording of their oft-delayed upcoming studio release "Chinese Democracy".

Brian j.

skcin
03-25-2004, 02:13 PM
the new Tesla release so I bought the Guns N Roses "Greatest Hits" disc today...

Kinda funny, But I can now see why there a legal injunction to try to stop this release from seeing the light of day on store shelves (ie-No detailed liner notes; Different master tapes used to source this release; Generic artwork and no input from current/former members with the track selection.)

Oh well, Still not a bad buy for the $7.99 price tag. So I guess it is true about Geffen trying to recoup the 13 million (!!!) already spent on the recording of their oft-delayed upcoming studio release "Chinese Democracy".

Brian j.

Too bad about GNR - they're one of my all-time faves and they really blew it. They could have had such staying power...

Paula

PS - saw the Tesla CD at Best Buy FYI

Siri Ruane
03-28-2004, 01:06 PM
I don't got any of the remasters. The last album I bought I think was something by Boston.

Ali
03-28-2004, 02:44 PM
I don't have the reissues yet but I just ordered some stuff from Columbia House to try and fulfill my membership requirement (that and they were having a Buy 1 Get 3 Free deal - it was more like buy 2 get 2 but yeah).

I ordered:

- Ben Folds - Rockin' The Suburbs
- Eric Clapton - Unplugged (I've had the cassette since it came out so I figured it was time to get it on CD)
- Fast Times At Ridgemont High soundtrack
- The Simpsons Go Symphonic