PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Game Shows

wondergirl9847
03-20-2004, 09:06 PM
I was watching one of my fave game shows, Match Game, last night and wondered which ones everyone liked.

Match Game
Rock and Roll Jeopardy!
Who Wants to be a Millionaire
The Price is Right
Lingo

I use to watch them ALL the time as a kid...Wheel of Fortune, Family Feud, Press Your Luck, etc.

Carlene
03-20-2004, 09:15 PM
I remember when game shows were on ALL MORNING!

I especially liked:

Match Game (man, the double entendres on that show!! And I would always watch it with my grandmother!! :laugh: )
Price is Right
Family Feud
Truth or Consequences
To Tell the Truth
Press Your Luck ("No Whammy! No Whammy!")
Card Sharks ("You know, Bob, I think it's lower. I think only 45 of 100 married men would rather scrub the toilet than cook dinner!")

:D

wondergirl9847
03-20-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Carlene
Card Sharks ("You know, Bob, I think it's lower. I think only 45 of 100 married men would rather scrub the toilet than cook dinner!")

I love Card Sharks!! Higher! Higher! Lower! Lower! D'Oh, it's a 2! :laugh:

DownOnRodeo
03-21-2004, 12:04 AM
Press Your Luck!! Wow that used to be on here at 5am when i was a kid. Vague memories of it..

We had the most awesome game show ever when I was a kid called 'It's a Knockout!'

It was set in this giant stadium out in the bush somehwere and it was all these giant gladiatorial games, eg swiming around on a pirate ship, running up a slippery slope, attacking each other with foam.... everything looked so fun. :laugh:

darklinensuit
03-21-2004, 04:28 AM
Pyramid and Jeopardy.
As I've said before, I'm the only one on the planet who doesn't care for The Price Is Right at all.

- Jake

WelshWitchPMD
03-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
I was watching one of my fave game shows, Match Game, last night and wondered which ones everyone liked.

I used to LOVE that show! I watched it everyday when I got home from school. They used to call it Match Game 74, 75 etc.
Brett Somers was always the center celebrity on the top row and Richard Dawson was the center celebrity on the bottom row.

Nipsey Russell and Charles Nelson-Reilly were semi-regulars on the show too.:laugh:

estranged4life
03-21-2004, 12:18 PM
basically "The Newlywed Show", "Press Your Luck" & "Name That Tune".

GSN (The Game Show Network) is totally lame IMO...

Brian j.

DrummerDeanna
03-21-2004, 12:53 PM
I enjoy Jeopardy and Rock n Roll Jeopardy...

I used to really like The Price is Right as a kid (Plinko kicks ass!!) but I can't watch it anymore...Bob Barker creeps me out and well, I just don't like it anymore....so no, Jake, you're not the only person in American to dislike the show...BUT I did like it at one time...hehe...

I used to love watching Remote Control (MTV) with my sister when I was a kid...

ShamHy89
03-21-2004, 02:19 PM
My favorite is Jeopardy. In fact, I love it so much I tried out one time.

As I've said before, I'm the only one on the planet who doesn't care for The Price Is Right at all.

Eh. This show never enthralled me either.

Shamus:)

darklinensuit
03-21-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by DrummerDeanna
I enjoy Jeopardy and Rock n Roll Jeopardy...

I used to really like The Price is Right as a kid (Plinko kicks ass!!) but I can't watch it anymore...Bob Barker creeps me out and well, I just don't like it anymore....so no, Jake, you're not the only person in American to dislike the show...BUT I did like it at one time...hehe...

I used to love watching Remote Control (MTV) with my sister when I was a kid...

A girl I knew from high school & religious school was on Remote Control. She lost.

I think I've posted before that many years before I knew her an English teacher from my HS was on Jeopardy back in the seventies. The bonus question she won was "This is the only living American to have his/her name on a postage stamp." I think I've posted the answer before.

- Jake

ryan8472
03-22-2004, 07:05 AM
Jeopardy is one of my favorite shows! And Card Sharks is just fun to watch. I don't like most other game shows tho.

macmar71
03-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Rock and Roll Jeopardy
Family Feud
Win, Lose or Draw
Hollywood Squares

Sorcerer386
03-24-2004, 11:36 PM
I was a game show junkie when I was little. Press Your Luck, Hollywood Squares, Tic Tac Dough (I loved whenever they found the dragon instead of winning), Joker's Wild (I guess this came from my natural gambling addiction), Card Sharks, Family Feud, The Price is Right, and oh so many more that I can't think of right now. I loved them all, but nothing touches my soul these days as reruns of The Weakest Link w/ Anne Robinson, not with that blond guy who wants to be Anne so bad it's embarrassing. I know everyone's gonna say how much they hated Anne just as whenever I speak of Jerri from Survivor, everyone hates her. I don't know, I must have a thing for unyielding bluntness (of course, I have to since I too am very blunt). But her Anne-isms before each vote, some were hysterical. I have a few in my signature, in case anyone was wondering what those are. Sooo funny, I love it.

Lala
03-25-2004, 11:46 AM
The Price Is Right, The Newlywed Game (from the 70s :)...just for those ugly prizes) and Jeopardy (especially the celebrity ones...cuz the questions are always so easy for them.)

I've never seen Rock and Roll Jeopardy but I'd like to.

dissention
03-26-2004, 05:05 PM
Nothing beats Match Game. I have much love for Match Game.

:D

darklinensuit
03-26-2004, 05:09 PM
As a side note, what show gets the dumbest contestants?
I vote The Newlywed Game, hands down.

- Jake