PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch Kingdom Hospital?

Livia
03-04-2004, 01:53 PM
Speaking of ghosts....I loved it! Scary and humorous. I take it the jogger who got rammed by the van is autobiographical for Stephen King? I forget the actor's name, but he was on Dynasty. Nice to see him working again. And I've always been a fan of Diane Ladd, Andrew McCarthy and Ed Begley. I'm hooked! Great, just what I need, another TV show to love!

Here's a recap if you missed it (love this website)

Recap (http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/story.cgi?show=130&story=6331)

:wavey:

wondergirl9847
03-04-2004, 02:23 PM
I love TWOP too!!

It was WEIRD, but I love weird, so it's all good. :nod: The talking anteater and stuff. I don't understand what's going on, but I'm sure it will be revealed later.

I love Andrew, have always been a fan of his. :)

dissention
03-04-2004, 03:35 PM
I LOVED it! It's going to be a looooooong miniseries, though.

I read that it's slated for 13 episodes (the first and last episodes being two hours) and there will be a huge cliffhanger. If it does well, King already wrote ten episodes for a continuation. :)

On another note, SOMEBODY PLEASE rent the original Danish miniseries from Lars Von Trier called "The Kingdom." It's from '94 and is what King based this one on. He changed a lot of it from what I've read, but the original is AMAZING. Devil worshippers, cults, evil babies, suicide, human sacrifices, ghosts, evil spells, psychics, it has it all. It's four hours long, but it's worth it.

The only drawback is that it ends with the biggest cliffhanger I've ever seen and the second part of the miniseries that was made in '97 hasn't been released on video!!!!!!!! :mad:

Anyways, I loved it last night. Diane Ladd was kinda funny. :laugh:

And that anteater is creepy, too.

cliffdweller
03-04-2004, 03:36 PM
The original Kingdom, the Danish mini-series, was TONS better than this. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.

dissention
03-04-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by cliffdweller
The original Kingdom, the Danish mini-series, was TONS better than this. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.

Have you seen the second part? I'm dying to see it!!!!!!!!!

cliffdweller
03-04-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by dissention
Have you seen the second part? I'm dying to see it!!!!!!!!!

Not yet! I'm dying to see it too!!

My favorite character from the original is the evil, Swedish doctor, that guy is deliciously bad!! He's also in every contemporary Swedish movie I've seen lately.

dissention
03-04-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by cliffdweller
Not yet! I'm dying to see it too!!

My favorite character from the original is the evil, Swedish doctor, that guy is deliciously bad!! He's also in every contemporary Swedish movie I've seen lately.

I liked the woman who played Druse; I thought she was fantastic!!!!! I think she won some kind of award for it in Denmark.

darklinensuit
03-04-2004, 06:06 PM
I fell asleep in my contacts just before it started.:( :cool:

- Jake

Livia
03-04-2004, 06:17 PM
Jake, bookmark that website I posted. They write fantastic recaps! Or you could always tune in right at the beginning of next week's episode to catch "previously on Kingdom Hospital..."

Andrew McCarthy is fantastic as the nutty doctor!!

darklinensuit
03-04-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Livia
Jake, bookmark that website I posted. They write fantastic recaps! Or you could always tune in right at the beginning of next week's episode to catch "previously on Kingdom Hospital..."

Andrew McCarthy is fantastic as the nutty doctor!!

I hope so. I couldn't stand him in Pretty in Pink or St. Elmo's. Blink, guy!:laugh:

- Jake

Livia
03-04-2004, 06:29 PM
I hope so. I couldn't stand him in Pretty in Pink or St. Elmo's. Blink, guy

LOL - I know exactly what you mean. That wide-eyed, puckered lip face that he has!

darklinensuit
03-04-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Livia
LOL - I know exactly what you mean. That wide-eyed, puckered lip face that he has!

Yup, it's like somebody is pulling his lips shut from the inside, and the air is trying to escape through his eye sockets.

- Jake

macmar71
03-04-2004, 07:44 PM
I can honestly say that I did not care for it. It was just too way out there for me. I do have the book on order so maybe I will enjoy reading it instead.

cliffdweller
03-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by darklinensuit
I fell asleep in my contacts just before it started.:( :cool:

- Jake

:laugh: I'm sorry but that just "sounded" funny.

strandinthewind
03-05-2004, 01:07 PM
Like "The Stand" and a few other SK works, this one moves a little slow for me. But, I thought it was great despite that. i cannot wait to see part two.

Livia
03-10-2004, 04:00 PM
Just bumping to remind everyone it's on tonight. Jake, take out your contacts. ;)

Livia
03-11-2004, 01:40 PM
Last nite's show was kinda lame, eh? I'm on allergy meds and kept dozing off toward the end. Next week looks more promising...

dissention
03-11-2004, 02:00 PM
I thought it was good last night! I got a kick out of the date in the morgue. :laugh: It certainly is out there. Twin Peaks-type out there. :nod:

GardenStateGirlie
03-17-2004, 10:35 PM
I have it on right now...it's really strange (in King fashion) but I do like it. Of course, I grew up in a house where the book collection consists entirely of every Stephen King and Dean Koontz book ever written so I suppose it's only natural that I like it :nod:

dissention
03-17-2004, 11:18 PM
Tonight was great!!

"Physician heal thyself."

:laugh: Those two kids kill me.

And the novocaine bit? :laugh:

wondergirl9847
03-17-2004, 11:53 PM
That guy reading...what else? A Stephen King novel. :laugh: