PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in ghosts?

dissention
03-04-2004, 12:56 PM
I most certainly do. :laugh:

When I was 13, my mother left to attend my cousins graduation and I was home alone. We were living in a duplex at the time and her bedroom was connected tot he living room. We always left her door open because her room faced the street and we could get a nice breeze through the windows and into the living room. I opened all of the windows (it was in July) and then went into the kitchen to unload the dishwasher. When I came back, her bedroom door was closed, but I thought it was just the breeze that had closed it. I opened her door again and noticed that the light was on. Then I looked at the windows and *every single one* was closed. No breeze could do that.

Later, I found out from our neighbor that another family lived in our apartment at one time and the oldest son (16 years) had killed himself. Can we say freak-kay?

So, I always grew up believing in ghosts and have gone to countless psychics and attended many ghost hunts. :laugh:

darklinensuit
03-04-2004, 01:20 PM
Definitely. It's one of my favorites on TOSOTM.:wavey:

- Jake

DrummerDeanna
03-04-2004, 01:21 PM
I totaly belive in ghosts and the supernatural...

When I was around 7 or 8 my cousin and I were left alone at my grandma's house and my grandpa told us to lock all the doors etc....my cousin was a few years older than I, but anyway we went around the house zealously locking all the doors and double checking that we locked both screen and regular door etc...we were paranoid kids not accustomed to being left alone...

Well we were playing Barbies in a bedroom when the front door creaked open and we heard whistling (my favorite uncle ALWAYS whistled when he came into my grandma's house) so I ran out totally happy that my uncle Danny had come over...but when we went out no one was there and the door was just swinging open...both the screen and regular door were open and we were totally freaked out....

haha...that's a silly-ish sort of experience but the shortest...my mom lived in an old abortion house growing up with her five siblings...she's got some wicked crazy stories about that place...as does my gradmother...

So to answer your question..yeah..I believe in ghosts :)

skcin
03-04-2004, 02:42 PM
Absolutely - my grandpa died when I was 10. My fam brought alot of his things back to our house (after days of cleaning his place out.)
The doors & shelves to his refrigerator were removed for transport. After bringing everything into the house, my mom & dad were so tired, they decided take the fridge downstairs but leave it apart for the time being (it was going to be used as an extra fridge for our rec room & we didn't need it right away.)
A few days later, mom went down to do laundry & the fridge was put together. There was nobody else that could have done it, since dad was back to work & me & my bro were 10 & 8 at the time. We all firmly believe that Grandpa did it.

A little creepy, but soothing to me at the same time.

Paula

DeeGeMe
03-04-2004, 02:56 PM
I'm more than a little Irish and my family has always had some great ghost stories to tell. Apparently we're really fond of buying haunted houses. Anyway, I remember being very shocked when I was a little girl to find out that not all of my classmates believed ghosts really exisited! While I'd grown up with the idea of the mystical being commonplace, my classmates had not! How boring their childhoods must have been in comparison to mine. I've had more experiences than I could possibly begin to recount here. I think that things happen all the time but you have to have your eyes, mind, and heart open to see them. The other thing is that I grew up in Charleston and the saying went that every old Charleston House had its very own Charleston ghost! Even if I didn't believe in ghosts, I'd still love the idea of them! Probably why I became such a huge Stevie fan early on in my life-she appreciated the mystical too.

dissention
03-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by darklinensuit
Definitely. It's one of my favorites on TOSOTM.:wavey:

- Jake

That's not believing in ghosts, it's having bad taste. :D :laugh:

dissention
03-04-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by DrummerDeanna
haha...that's a silly-ish sort of experience but the shortest...my mom lived in an old abortion house growing up with her five siblings...she's got some wicked crazy stories about that place...as does my gradmother...

So to answer your question..yeah..I believe in ghosts :)

:eek:

I would cleanse that house every night to get rid of the spirits. :laugh:

I have so many crazy stories that I could tell, but I don't want anyone to think I'm completely insane (shut up, Jake). :laugh:

Livia
03-04-2004, 03:40 PM
I do believe in ghosts, I do believe in ghosts, I do, I do, I do, I do, I do believe in ghosts.

(Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz)

I really don't have any first-hand experiences with 'em, but I kinda wished I did. Unfortunately, I have many deceased relatives, and sometimes, I try to talk to them and get them to "appear" for me, but they never do. So, I just refer to them as my guardian angels instead.

:nod:

laurie816
03-04-2004, 05:27 PM
I believe they exsist!!!

I'm too young to remember this but my mother STILL is freaked out about it to this day.

My family lived in an old two-family home when I was around 3 or 4 years old. There were doors nailed shut and one of them had a crucifix on it (I swear I'm not making this up)...anyway...according to my mother 3 events happened that made them want to move and fast.

The first one dealt with me and the "Monkey Man" that use to visit me in my room. I don't remember any of this but my mom swears I would wake up screaming about a Monkey Man coming to get me.

The second one dealt with my brother, who was an infant at the time. Apparently, the ice cream man was coming down the street, (this I remember because it was a Mr. Softee truck!!) and I was begging for Ice Cream. My mother (for whatever reason) left my brother, buckled in his baby seat on top of the kitchen table. Her rationale was he's an infant, can't move and won't fall out so she thought he was safe...well, we came back into the house (gone for less than 5 minutes) and my brother was on the floor, STILL BUCKLED in his little 'nipnap' seat...and UNHARMED??!!??

The third and final incident involved my dad. He was carrying me downstairs and we both fell. Well he fell and naturally took me with him. I was fine, my mother asked how he slipped or what did slip on and my dad said "he was PUSHED"....he felt someone or something PUSH him down the stairs...we moved in with my grandparents the next day!!:nod:

Also, I don't know if this counts or not, but a friend of mine lives near a Hospice. More often than not when I am on the phone with her...we hear lots and lots of static and buzzing and she feels a "charge" from time to time...she's had the phone company come out, gone through phones...the phones and the lines are fine, she's finally realized that it's more than likely all the "energy passing through"....

So those are my 'close encounters.'

darklinensuit
03-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by dissention

I have so many crazy stories that I could tell, but I don't want anyone to think I'm completely insane (shut up, Jake). :laugh:

Umm...Are you talking to me or one of the little voices in your head?:wavey:

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-04-2004, 06:35 PM
If I recall, in the early '80s my then-girlfriend and I were spending the night together in a French chateau. Suddenly the two-story French doors swung open, the lights went nuts, and we felt something brush against our cheeks. Later we saw that the desk had fallen over, but the slender jade candles were unbroken. After my girlfriend cowered in my arms (begging me to have my way with her yet again), we went down to her secretary's room and shared our tale. The next day somebody told us that it was just the ghost of the chateau, a friendly being. And my then-girlfriend begged me to wow her some more, but I reminded her that she had an album to finish recording with her band. It's duty first with me, you know.:nod:

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-04-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by dissention
I most certainly do. :laugh:

When I was 13, my mother left to attend my cousins graduation and I was home alone. We were living in a duplex at the time and her bedroom was connected tot he living room. We always left her door open because her room faced the street and we could get a nice breeze through the windows and into the living room. I opened all of the windows (it was in July) and then went into the kitchen to unload the dishwasher. When I came back, her bedroom door was closed, but I thought it was just the breeze that had closed it. I opened her door again and noticed that the light was on. Then I looked at the windows and *every single one* was closed. No breeze could do that.

Later, I found out from our neighbor that another family lived in our apartment at one time and the oldest son (16 years) had killed himself. Can we say freak-kay?

Tell us about the window-closing ghost again, Gran'pa.:nod:
:laugh: :wavey:

- Jake

DeeGeMe
03-04-2004, 07:17 PM
And my then-girlfriend begged me to wow her some more, but I reminded her that she had an album to finish recording with her band. It's duty first with me, you know.:nod:
- Jake

You're quite the humanitarian, aren't you Jake?

darklinensuit
03-04-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by DeeGeMe
You're quite the humanitarian, aren't you Jake?

Ewww. Are you implying I eat human flesh?:( :eek: :laugh:

- Jake

DrummerDeanna
03-04-2004, 09:05 PM
Wow..the monkeyman thing reminded me of this little anecdote:

My nephew was at the park having a play date with several of his little friends. My sister, his mom, was chatting with some other moms when she looks over and my nephew isn't playing at the playground, he's talking to himself by some picnic tables...so she calls him over to her. He was three at this time. He runs over to her and says, "Mom!! There are angels over there!" and my sister said, "What? are you pretending?" And he says, "No, there are there see, they are wearing pajamas that are white..." then he looked over again and said, "oh but they had to go they're not there now..." now yeah..that could be a kid making something up but it was weird all the same hahaha....

GardenStateGirlie
03-04-2004, 09:43 PM
If I recall, in the early '80s my then-girlfriend and I were spending the night together in a French chateau. Suddenly the two-story French doors swung open, the lights went nuts, and we felt something brush against our cheeks. Later we saw that the desk had fallen over, but the slender jade candles were unbroken. After my girlfriend cowered in my arms (begging me to have my way with her yet again), we went down to her secretary's room and shared our tale. The next day somebody told us that it was just the ghost of the chateau, a friendly being. And my then-girlfriend begged me to wow her some more, but I reminded her that she had an album to finish recording with her band. It's duty first with me, you know.:nod:

- Jake

and as I always say...

....and then Jake woke up..... :nod:

I do believe in ghosts. Definately.

greatdarkwing
03-05-2004, 01:10 AM
I *DEFINETLY* believe in ghosts, I have never seen one, and if I did I would probably die of a heartattack on the spot, but my dad and stepmom lived in a f*cking freaky house....

Apparently, they had bought this house when they first started dating, and my stepmother knew the house, because a girl who went to high school with her died in this house (Some girl named Jenny). Long story short, they bought it, and immediately things got out of control. They would be upstairs at night, and they'd hear the pots and pans in the kitchen moving, like if someone was cooking! A few strange incidents involved the stairs...The couch ad its back to the stairs, and every now and then while my dad and stepmom were the couch, they'd hear footsteps creaking up the stairs behind them. Then, at other times, they'd walk in to see their dog *following with his eyes* something going up or down the stairs.

Now for the 2 FREAKIEST Happenings....One day, my steppmom was in the shower upstairs, and my dad downstairs in the kitchen when all of a sudden the radio upstairs turns on...I mean BLASTING, so my mom gets out of the shower and my dad heads upstairs, and they eventuallly realized that neither of them had touched the radio!

Well, nothing really happened for a while, so my mom is in the bathroom and my dad walks in and says "hey, we havent heard from "jenny" in a while", then all the lights in the house flickered!

TALK ABOUT SOME FREAKY SH!T!

~Alex:distress: Who wont be able to sleep