PDA

View Full Version : Snowed in?

Merf
02-26-2004, 10:54 PM
I live in Charlotte, and they are forecasting 20 inches of snow for my area of the county.

I'M GOING INSANE!!!@!@*(!!!!!

Northerners-- and people who are used to snow-- how do you handle this? I guess it's a lot worse for us because we aren't equipped to handle it because our city isn't used to this.

STOP SNOWING!!!!

dissention
02-26-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Merf
Northerners-- and people who are used to snow-- how do you handle this?

Go out and shovel every two to four inches or else you'll be sorry. Bend your knees when you lift the snow and you won't gey a hyrnea. :laugh:

GardenStateGirlie
02-26-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by dissention
Go out and shovel every two to four inches or else you'll be sorry. Bend your knees when you lift the snow and you won't gey a hyrnea. :laugh:

Or, make sure there's a snow blower on hand in your garage :nod:

DeeGeMe
02-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Hey Merf--
How are you doing up there in Charlotte? I heard that they're calling this the Storm of the Century for y'all.

I live in Florence (you know--it's on the way to Myrtle Beach!). We just missed it--all we got was some sleet & a whole lot of cold, cold rain. But less than 30 minutes up the road--towards McBee & Cheraw, etc--tons of snow.

BTW--I lived in Charlotte for three years, so I'm feeling for you right now. Lord knows the Charlotte folks aren't good drivers in the best of times. . I can't imagine the chaos that must be going on up there right about now! Is it just one giant snow day there--do you get to skip work today?

Good luck--and btw--forget about snow blowers-they seldom sell them in this part of the world. We just don't need them!

terrivac
02-27-2004, 10:53 AM
WOW, that is too bad for you guys down there. I have a relative in Nashville and she said it shuts down when it snows. We have not had alot of snow here in February which is unusual. Actually it will be in the upper 50's here this weekend. I actually love snow and don't mind driving in it. Just don't overdo the shoveling and drive slowly and all of us in the non-snowy north will be thinking of all of you.

Terri

darklinensuit
02-27-2004, 11:43 AM
What's snow?:confused:

- Jake

DeeGeMe
02-27-2004, 01:08 PM
Jake--now be good.

You have to understand us poor southerners--we freak if someone so much as mentions the S word. And the world, as we know it, pretty much completely shuts down if we get even an inch or sleet/ice/snow or sludge. We don't have snow tires or chains, snow shovels, or snow blowers. Unless you live in a major metropolitan area, there are no snow plows. Plus, we haven't had years of driving experience in the stuff either--and Lord knows, we're challenged as drivers under the best of circumstances. We all tend to think we're driving in NASCAR events and understand only one thing--speed. Speed + snow is not a good combination!