PDA

View Full Version : Shrine '69

dansven
02-24-2004, 04:01 AM
Hi,
there was some talk about the jump in "Jumping At Shadows" on Live At The BBC. On my Shrine '69 CD "If You Be My Baby" also has a jump. Is it just mine???

Daniel

BklynBlue
02-24-2004, 09:43 AM
Just finished listening to the track - there is no skip in my disc -

Now, I don't know if this is the section you're referring to, but, I do believe there is an EDIT in the instrumental break after the third verse - right after the line "...you got something woman" it then slams into the final section of Green's solo -
I don't think that was a "skip" I think they took out a much longer section -

I had purchased mine used - and looking at the back panel now, I just realized, like my copy of "Live at the BBC" this one too is from the BMG club -
BMG only offered it for a short time - I think they had made a deal to offer some RykoDisc titles and when the trail period ended, BMG decided not go continue with them -

Great collection otherwise - very unusual set list - funny how most of the available boots have more or less the same titles -

dansven
02-24-2004, 10:09 AM
Yes, it's was that one I meant. I agree with you they must have edited it - maybe because of bad sound quality in that section??

It's true that the set list is a bit unusual. I MAY have seen "If You Be My Baby" on another setlist. But I have never seen "Lemon Squeezer" elsewhere, and that's a wonderful track!!

By the way, are you into trading? If so, let me know :)

Daniel

chiliD
02-24-2004, 11:30 AM
Maybe I got lucky, I hear no skip in either "If You Be My Baby" nor "Jumpin' At Shadows". I don't even hear even the slightest of what could be an edit in the former, either.

BklynBlue
02-24-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by chiliD
Maybe I got lucky, I hear no skip in either "If You Be My Baby" nor "Jumpin' At Shadows". I don't even hear even the slightest of what could be an edit in the former, either.

My copy of the disc lists "If You Be My Baby" at 4:28 -

I know that there were advance copies of "Shrine '69" that included "Blue Suede Shoes" and omitted "Albatross" - is it possible that "If You Be My Baby" was longer on that edition also?

wetcamelfood
02-24-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by BklynBlue
My copy of the disc lists "If You Be My Baby" at 4:28 -

I know that there were advance copies of "Shrine '69" that included "Blue Suede Shoes" and omitted "Albatross" - is it possible that "If You Be My Baby" was longer on that edition also?

Just checked the time on the early version of the "Shrine '69" CD and that also lists 4:28 and my CD counter also reads 4:28 up until track 2 ends when I play it. Hmm...

John

SteveMacD
02-24-2004, 10:29 PM

You don't have a skip on "Jumpin' At Shadows?" Hmmm, that's odd, because I thought all the copies had that skip on it. Mine sure does :(

sharksfan2000
02-25-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by SteveMacD
You don't have a skip on "Jumpin' At Shadows?" Hmmm, that's odd, because I thought all the copies had that skip on it. Mine sure does :(
Steve,

Check out the Live at the BBC "Jumping at Shadows" (thanks BklynBlue!) thread here. I thought the same thing as you until BklynBlue's tip to find one of the newer US pressings of the Live at the BBC set (just got mine last week from the BMG Club). The skip has been "fixed", and it's great to finally hear this track without that annoying flaw :)

Johnny Stew
02-25-2004, 02:12 AM
Maybe I got lucky, I hear no skip in either "If You Be My Baby" nor "Jumpin' At Shadows".My copy of 'Live At The BBC' definitely has the "Jumpin' At Shadows" skip, but I don't own 'Shine 69' yet. *ducks*

I'm actually really backed up right now on the recent releases of Early Mac material.
I still need the 'Vaudeville Years,' 'Show-Biz Blues' and 'The Very Best of Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac' (which I want because of "Dragonfly." I have everything else on it).

They're always so expensive when I see them, but I'm sure I'll get them eventually!