PDA

View Full Version : Days Of Our Lives Fans

WelshWitchPMD
02-21-2004, 01:09 PM
Ok I am going to start this new thread. Come on I know that some of you out there watch this soap. LOL We watch it at work 1PM.

Ok so what do you think of Marlena being the serial killer?

I can't believe that they killed off Victor.

GardenStateGirlie
02-21-2004, 01:15 PM
I just think they need to end this whole storyline. They've been running with it for MONTHS. How much you want to bet Kate and John end up together? :laugh:

WelshWitchPMD
02-21-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
I just think they need to end this whole storyline. They've been running with it for MONTHS. How much you want to bet Kate and John end up together? :laugh:

Yeah, I was thinking of Kate and John getting together before. I wish that Jan would just go away. No need to bring her back. Hey if she married Shawn she would be Jan Brady. LOL

You know that Brady and Nicole are married in real life right? I wonder if they will get together on the show.

DrummerDeanna
02-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Nice...I just relpied to something about DOOL in another thread...

Anyway...THEY KILLED VICTOR OFF!?! Of course...they always kill people off...but still...

I'm so completely out of the loop and I can't believe that Marlena is killing people? What's the deal with that???

I haven't watched in at least two years...well, not totally true, I caught an episode not too long ago and I was totally confused - there were a brother and sister or something and they were like Marlena's kids (?) and Belle was all pissed off about something and Tony was in on something with the random two kids...I don't know...

Anyway...Doc was always my favorite character...what's going on with her? Are her and John still married?

WelshWitchPMD
02-21-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by DrummerDeanna
Nice...I just relpied to something about DOOL in another thread...

Anyway...THEY KILLED VICTOR OFF!?! Of course...they always kill people off...but still...

I'm so completely out of the loop and I can't believe that Marlena is killing people? What's the deal with that???

I haven't watched in at least two years...well, not totally true, I caught an episode not too long ago and I was totally confused - there were a brother and sister or something and they were like Marlena's kids (?) and Belle was all pissed off about something and Tony was in on something with the random two kids...I don't know...

Anyway...Doc was always my favorite character...what's going on with her? Are her and John still married?

Deanna, Here is a link to the Days site maybe that will help update you.
http://www.nbc.com/Days_of_our_Lives/index.shtml

WelshWitchPMD
02-21-2004, 01:37 PM
Deanna, here is a more direct link.

Whether you're a new viewer or an old viewer, this is the perfect place for all the scoop on Days' hottest stories! Go back in time and relive Days of our Lives history.

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Days_of_our_Lives/history/index.shtml

DrummerDeanna
02-21-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by WelshWitchPMD
Deanna, here is a more direct link.

Whether you're a new viewer or an old viewer, this is the perfect place for all the scoop on Days' hottest stories! Go back in time and relive Days of our Lives history.

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Days_of_our_Lives/history/index.shtml

yea! Thanks...perhaps I'll have more opinions to interject after reading this....but oh oh...I risk getting addicted again...have you been a long time watcher??

I was mega-obsessed back in 7th/8th/9th grade...I even wrote a whole poem about Days for an English class...I'll post it if I can dig it up..it's sad/humorous!

sodascouts
02-21-2004, 03:41 PM
I've always hated Marlena, and actually stopped watching when she became possessed a few years ago and it was the "Watch Deidre Hall Go Nuts" show. At the time I thought they couldn't go lower....

Growing up, one of my first celebrity crushes was Matthew Ashford on Days. I loved him to death, and when he left the show, I was upset.

But then a friend told me that Jack had come back, I got all excited - until in the next breath she told me that Marlena had killed him.

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MARLENA IS A B-TCH And O'REILLY IS A S.O.B. FOR DOING THIS TO THE SHOW!

OK, I'm done now.... I can't believe how upset this makes me when I haven't watched it for years. But how could they do this to Jack, and so many other venerated veterans? I'd hold out hope it was some kind of Dallas nightmare if I didn't know Matthew Ashford had truly been fired. :(

I sincerely hope Days gets cancelled now.

DrummerDeanna
02-21-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by sodascouts

I sincerely hope Days gets cancelled now.

From what I'm reading here and on the Days site thing....that may be a good idea...it's time to hang up the hat guys...things are getting ridiculous!! Well...now I will condradict myself...soap operas aren't really known for their realistic portrayal of life :)

I used to have the hots for the interim Bo- Robert Kelker Kelly :nod:

EnchantedStorms
02-21-2004, 06:03 PM
lol, I used to love Days back in the day...when John first found out he was Roman and he and Marlena were on the run in the wilderness. I was in jr. high then and can remember playing sick so I could stay home and watch the day they went down the white water rapids. Exciting stuff, that. lol. As far as Marlena being the serial killer now...I've only watched a few episodes but I do check Dee's website for the day ahead previews every so often...and I gotta say, I hope Reilly has an out up his sleeve for "Doc" because this is just crazy. Where's the motive? She's killing off her best friends, threatening to kill her daughter...and no one even knows the reason why. I agree...it's gone on too long. They need to explain some things...but I hear there is supposed to be two or three more people killed off. :rolleyes:

Merf
02-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by sodascouts
Growing up, one of my first celebrity crushes was Matthew Ashford on Days. I loved him to death, and when he left the show, I was upset.

But then a friend told me that Jack had come back, I got all excited - until in the next breath she told me that Marlena had killed him.

FYI: Matthew Ashford is on One Life to Live now, playing a shady college professor who was just revealed to be "the Music Box Killer," a storyline that has dragged OLTL for months. So it looks like he's not long for the world of Llanview, either. Since he's a crazy psycho murderer and all.

And can we talk All My Children for a second please? Bianca killed Michael Cambias? WTF?? But didn't remember because she blacked out? He raped her and now she's pregnant with his child and facing a murder trial. AMC, you are SO.LAME.

golden braid
02-21-2004, 09:51 PM
Marlena is serial killer now? :eek: :eek: :eek: Maybe she still is possessed. :laugh: And I hate that Lucas and Sammie are together now. After all the terrible things Sammie has done that's just wrong. :rolleyes:

Lisa1769
02-21-2004, 10:31 PM

You know that Brady and Nicole are married in real life right? I wonder if they will get together on the show.

I didn't know that. He is one sexy man!! I've watched this soap 20 plus years. My Mom used to watch it when I was little.

I was shocked that Marlena was the serial killer. I too think John and Kate will get together. Who else here can do the John imitation with the squinting eye thingy.....that cracks my a$$ up. Quit it John!!....lol.

I'm not to fond of Sammi and Lucas together either. Man, Will sure grew up in a hurry......lol...

darklinensuit
02-22-2004, 01:28 AM
I watched with my then girlfriend (a Days FANATIC) for a couple years in the 90s but stopped when they got rid of Kristen, Laura, and Vivian. (I know, I'm an old fart, but those were the characters I liked.) Haven't seen it since. I always thought Hope and Billie were beautiful and that the actress playing Kate was very good, though I hated the character. And all the guy characters were boring morons except Stefano, who was a total joke.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-22-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by darklinensuit
I watched with my then girlfriend (a Days FANATIC) for a couple years in the 90s but stopped when they got rid of Kristen, Laura, and Vivian. (I know, I'm an old fart, but those were the characters I liked.) Haven't seen it since. I always thought Hope and Billie were beautiful and that the actress playing Kate was very good, though I hated the character. And all the guy characters were boring morons except Stefano, who was a total joke.

- Jake

See, Kristen had to go. She was no good. I did really like Vivian and her little sidekick but after a while, they weren't funny anymore. I'm still mad about how Laura and her son vanished (with Carrie). I liked Billie and I was dissapointed when Hope came back into the picture.

darklinensuit
02-22-2004, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
See, Kristen had to go. She was no good. I did really like Vivian and her little sidekick but after a while, they weren't funny anymore. I'm still mad about how Laura and her son vanished (with Carrie). I liked Billie and I was dissapointed when Hope came back into the picture.

I hated the son and Carrie. I just liked Laura. It was a running joke that she was the only one who saw through Kristen but everyone thought she was crazy. The Billie I knew was Krista Allen (the elevator woman in Liar Liar), so she was the one who moved in on Hope's territory for all I knew when I watched. And Kristen was no good, but that made her fun. What was the name of her hillbilly lookalike? I thought the actual Kristen was funnier.

- Jake

Josh2003
02-22-2004, 02:57 AM
Kristen's lookalike was none other than Susan Banks :D At one point, Eileen Davidson was playing four characters...Kristen, Susan, Susan's nun sister, and a brother.

My mom used to watch Days when I was very young...and I remember getting sucked into it when Marlena was posessed...maybe even slightly earlier. I remember the prime time special when Vivian was in the mental hospital, about to have a lobotomy; Sami caught John and Marlena in the basement at the Bella magazine launch party; Carrie got the acid thrown in her face. Then I became an even bigger "follower", if you will, when Marlena became posessed.

I watched it religiously through junior high, with the whole Kristen/Susan storyline.

I haven't watched it in a while, but I'm still pretty up-to-date on what's been going on.

They need to bring Stefano back. He is the ONLY Days villain.

laurie816
02-22-2004, 08:01 AM
I've been watching DAYS since I was out of the womb...which coincidently is about as long as the show has been on:eek:

In any case, this whole Marlena being the serial killer is supposed to have a big payoff....which I hope it does 'cause I can't fathom where they are going with this whole plot.

Think about it....these people are supposed to be dead and they're showing up all over the place....Maggie and Roman "pop" in for Valentine's Day...Abe shows up dressed in full commander gear to say "Hi"...Hell even Caroline during her own wake was singing "Danny Boy"....It has become utterly ridiculous:laugh:

I loved when Marlena discovered John was Roman only to find out he was really John and Roman was Roman...Wayne Northrop Roman was MUCH better than Josh "What Da Hell" Taylor.

Bo and Hope have always gotten on my nerves...I loved Robert Kelker Kelly better than Peter Reckell and I LOVED Bo and Carly together.

OH and PATCH!!! I LOVED PATCH and KAYLA.

Believe it or not, years ago Days DID deal with serious issues...from Marie Horton (a nun) leaving the order because she fell in love, to Maggie's alcoholism, how Adrienne dealt with intimacy issues after being raped, and countless others.

It really use to be a very intellectually written soap and now it's just a shell of it's former self.

And yet I STILL watch whenever I can:laugh:

Lisa1769
02-22-2004, 10:23 AM
For some reason, Bonnie reminds me of Kayla. I can't put my finger on who she is. She just looks very familiar.

WelshWitchPMD
02-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Lisa1769
For some reason, Bonnie reminds me of Kayla. I can't put my finger on who she is. She just looks very familiar.

Well, from what my co-workers tell me she used to play Adrienne.

Here is the link with the scoop.
http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Days_of_our_Lives/sf_evans.shtml

DrummerDeanna
02-22-2004, 01:10 PM
LOL..this thread went back to my day of Kristen/Laura etc...haha..I used to LOVE Kristen and now and again my sister and I say something is "mean mean mean.." ala Susan Banks haha...

Now here is the sad little poem I wrote as an 8th grader hahah...the sadder part is my teacher had me send it to the show!! They sent me autographed pictures of Lucas and Marlena hahah...here it is:

Curtis Brown got shot one night
The blames on Billie but that's not right
Bo is trying to prove that true
but he only has a tiny clue

Billie's in Kristen's wedding now
but will Kristen take the vow?
Kristen loves John who has a past
but he better start rembering fast.
Because when he does Kristen will know
that her father Stefano is really a foe.
We all know that she not only
loves John, but also Tony

Vivian's planning revenge on Kate.
A woman who even Laura hates.
Vivian's a nut most people would describe
who else would bury someone alive?

Laura was a vegetable but now she alive
she knows all of Kate's little lies
and so are the days of our lives.

LOL...SO sad...hahah..but I got an A hahah..it was part of a whole poetry book I had to put together...the cover has John, Tony and Kristen on it lol....BTW...I wrote this in 1994!!!!

dissention
02-22-2004, 02:01 PM
Not a Days fan, but if someone wants to start a General Hospital thread, COUNT ME IN! :laugh:

Lisa1769
02-22-2004, 06:45 PM
Well, from what my co-workers tell me she used to play Adrienne.

Here is the link with the scoop.
http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Days_of_our_Lives/sf_evans.shtml

Ahh, Okay.......Thanks Patti!!:)

Very cute Poem Drummer Deanna...:laugh: :laugh: My favorite verse was about Vivian burying Carley alive. It was Carley wasn't it?? It's hard to remember everything that has went on....lol.

Merf
02-22-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by dissention
Not a Days fan, but if someone wants to start a General Hospital thread, COUNT ME IN! :laugh:

I'm THERE!!! <33333

dissention
02-22-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Merf
I'm THERE!!! <33333

I'll start one! :D