PDA

View Full Version : How's Your Track Record...

darklinensuit
02-14-2004, 01:05 PM
...when it comes to voting for winners/losers?

In 1988 (my first time voting), I voted for Dukakis.

In 1992, Clinton.

In 1996, Clinton.

In 2000, Gore.

In Pennsylvania years ago I voted against Casey and for a Republican woman who was less conservative on key issues than he. She lost. Also, I voted against Arlen Spector after the Hill thing & his sleazy campaign that followed, and we know what happened there. Unfortunately, by the time I moved down to TX, Bush had already beaten Richards. That one still hurts.

- Jake

Merf
02-14-2004, 01:19 PM
I've only been eligible to vote in one election.

In 2000, I voted for Gore.

And we all know how that one turned out. :distress:

darklinensuit
02-14-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Merf
I've only been eligible to vote in one election.

In 2000, I voted for Gore.

And we all know how that one turned out. :distress:

Yeah, he got most of the votes.

- Jake

DrummerDeanna
02-14-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by darklinensuit
Yeah, he got most of the votes.

- Jake

:laugh: :laugh:

Yep...I have only been able to vote in one election as well, and I voted for Gore.....

darklinensuit
02-14-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by DrummerDeanna
:laugh: :laugh:

Yep...I have only been able to vote in one election as well, and I voted for Gore.....

New Mexico went for him, right? I can't remember.

- Jake

DrummerDeanna
02-14-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by darklinensuit
New Mexico went for him, right? I can't remember.

- Jake

I don't remember either.....I think I've repressed the memories of that horrid election...

darklinensuit
02-14-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by DrummerDeanna
I don't remember either.....I think I've repressed the memories of that horrid election...

It did drag on for some time and a half. My students remember only that election, so it's difficult getting them to understand that 2000 was atypical.

- Jake

DeeGeMe
02-15-2004, 10:24 AM
Since 1984 (my first presidential election) I've had three wins, two losses--if you count Gore in 2000 as a win--which I do since he won the popular vote and the whole Florida fiasco and the Supreme Court "selected" Shrubbie.

estranged4life
02-15-2004, 10:55 AM
1988-Didnt care enough to vote.

1992-Bush

1996-Independent candidate (Whoever was the Liberitarian candidate)

2000-Let's just say I definitely did <i><b>NOT</b></i> vote for Gore (I remember his wife's <i><b>B.S.</b></i> comment when she was a member of the <i><b>PMRC</b></i>, That if he was <i><b>ever</b></i> elected President she would help him to pass legislation to <i><b>CENSOR/BAN</b></i> certain types of music...Even if it is music I tend to <i><b>NEVER</b></i> listen to that is <i><b>NOT</b></i> right in my eyes!!!)

2004-Definitely plan to not vote for either Kerry or Bush!!!

darklinensuit
02-15-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by DeeGeMe
and the Supreme Court "selected" Shrubbie.

This is offensive. Like him or not, he is our elected Commander in Chief and deserves the proper respect. His name is Shrub.;) :wavey:

- Jake

darklinensuit
02-15-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by estranged4life
1988-Didnt care enough to vote.

1992-Bush

1996-Independent candidate (Whoever was the Liberitarian candidate)

2000-Let's just say I definitely did <i><b>NOT</b></i> vote for Gore (I remember his wife's <i><b>B.S.</b></i> comment when she was a member of the <i><b>PMRC</b></i>, That if he was <i><b>ever</b></i> elected President she would help him to pass legislation to <i><b>CENSOR/BAN</b></i> certain types of music...Even if it is music I tend to <i><b>NEVER</b></i> listen to that is <i><b>NOT</b></i> right in my eyes!!!)

2004-Definitely plan to not vote for either Kerry or Bush!!!

Ah, Tipper's too busy snapping photos these days to be dangerous, right?;)

- Jake