PDA

View Full Version : Where do you see yourself twenty years from now?

darklinensuit
02-12-2004, 11:55 PM
Living where?
Family?
Career?
Hobbies?
Accomplishments?

As for me, all I know is I'll be somewhere still trying to talk Stevie out of that same damned dress.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-13-2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by darklinensuit

As for me, all I know is I'll be somewhere still trying to talk Stevie out of that same damned dress.

- Jake

Dare I ask...

...and into??? :laugh:

Well, as Stevie's next backup singer, I'll be living in Los Angeles, telling her to NOT listen to you.

darklinensuit
02-13-2004, 12:07 AM
- JakeOriginally posted by GardenStateGirlie

Well, as Stevie's next backup singer, I'll be living in Los Angeles, telling her to NOT listen to you.

And Stevie's intelligent response will be that she does not need love-life advice from yet another ex-Mrs. Fleetwood.
:laugh:

GardenStateGirlie
02-13-2004, 12:10 AM
- Jake

And Stevie's intelligent response will be that she does not need love-life advice from yet another ex-Mrs. Fleetwood.
:laugh:

And if Stevie were smart, she wouldn't be taking fashion advice from someone who wears sunglasses on top of his head at 8 pm, indoors, at a Fleetwood Mac concert :laugh:

darklinensuit
02-13-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
And if Stevie were smart, she wouldn't be taking fashion advice from someone who wears sunglasses on top of his head at 8 pm, indoors, at a Fleetwood Mac concert :laugh:

She IS smart. She's not the one who had to take classes at a school on 295 just because it was the only building in the tri-state area that was fully equipped with padded walls AND a tomato-free lunch menu.:)

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-13-2004, 12:23 AM
She IS smart. She's not the one who had to take classes at a school on 295 just because it was the only building in the tri-state area that was fully equipped with padded walls AND a tomato-free lunch menu.:)

- Jake

Well, she's been smart thus far...in not answering the constant telephone calls in the middle of the night from a Houston area code...and those occassional knocks on her door on the weekends and days off when you fly out to Phoenix and Los Angeles and pound on her door yelling, "YOUR MAN IN THE DARKLINENSUIT IS HERE!"

Padded walls? Jake, I went to high school, not Ancora (the insane asylum)...lol

darklinensuit
02-13-2004, 12:28 AM
Well, she's been smart thus far...in not answering the constant telephone calls in the middle of the night from a Houston area code...and those occassional knocks on her door on the weekends and days off when you fly out to Phoenix and Los Angeles and pound on her door yelling, "YOUR MAN IN THE DARKLINENSUIT IS HERE!"

Padded walls? Jake, I went to high school, not Ancora (the insane asylum)...lol

Tip:
(And not from MY experience)
When your daily scholastic activities consist of electric shock therapy and sort-the-ink-blots, it ain't no high school. They lied to you's.:nod:

GardenStateGirlie
02-13-2004, 12:33 AM
Tip:
(And not from MY experience)
When your daily scholastic activities consist of electric shock therapy and sort-the-ink-blots, it ain't no high school. They lied to you's.:nod:

Tell me lies...tell me sweet little lies...

You know, I had always wondered why if they insisted upon my wearing a uniform, I never got to wear one of those cute school girl skirts and instead I was in a white jumpsuit ;)

Were you aware that stalking is against the law in all 50 states? And were you also aware that Arizona and California are part of that 50? :wavey:

darklinensuit
02-13-2004, 12:36 AM
Tell me lies...tell me sweet little lies...

You know, I had always wondered why if they insisted upon my wearing a uniform, I never got to wear one of those cute school girl skirts and instead I was in a white jumpsuit ;)

Were you aware that stalking is against the law in all 50 states? And were you also aware that Arizona and California are part of that 50? :wavey:

Yes, I'm aware that even your state is one of the fifty.:rolleyes:

And weren't you suspicious that your white uniform had your sleeves stiched to your back?

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-13-2004, 12:39 AM
Yes, I'm aware that even your state is one of the fifty.:rolleyes:

And weren't you suspicious that your white uniform had your sleeves stiched to your back?

- Jake

Well, much like your sunglasses on the top of your head, someone lead me to believe it was in vogue :nod:

Janet
02-13-2004, 01:56 AM
Private thread I see. Well I will answer anyway even though I have no part in this! LOL.

Anyway,

I hopefully will have a steady job, a husband, a child, and some acting and singing somewhere.

I also hope to have all my X Files dvd's and maybe to have had Lindsey's love child!

GardenStateGirlie
02-13-2004, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Janet
Private thread I see. Well I will answer anyway even though I have no part in this! LOL.

Anyway,

I hopefully will have a steady job, a husband, a child, and some acting and singing somewhere.

I also hope to have all my X Files dvd's and maybe to have had Lindsey's love child!

LOL...no, this is what we call Jake and Marissa being...well...Jake and Marissa. Usually that entails potshots at one another and snark all around. It's a good time...I highly reccomend it :nod:

I'll babysit if I can watch the DVD collection :D

DrummerDeanna
02-13-2004, 08:23 AM
Hmm...in twenty years I will hopefully be working on my doctorate!! Then, I would like to teach on the college level...

I hope to have a family..ya know..husband and lots of doggies...as of now I'm in the "NO KIDS" boat lol..but I'm young...so who knows....

GypsySorcerer
02-13-2004, 11:46 AM
Maybe by then I will have convinced myself to get a doctorate and will be teaching somewhere.

If not, I hope to be in the public relations or publishing field.

And married hopefully, with 2-3 little urchins. If I'm still with the same guy I am now, and we are still in a "non-committed committed relationship," I will shoot myself.:laugh:

DeeGeMe
02-13-2004, 02:06 PM
Living where?
By the ocean.

Family?
I'd like to be with an amazing man who will be okay with my career and it's crazy demands and will accept me for who I am without trying to change everything about me.

Career?
I'd like to be doing exactly what I'm doing know--only making lots more money!

Hobbies?
Movies, music, and books have been my passions for nearly as long as I can remember-I don't see it changing 100 years from now!

Accomplishments?
You mean besides writing that best-selling novel which I personally adapted for the screen and won an Academy Award for?

darklinensuit
02-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Janet

Anyway,

You can have my part in this thread, and cheap.

I think if Lindsey's wife doesn't end your love child dream, Christy will.

- Jake

darklinensuit
02-13-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by GypsySorcerer
a "non-committed committed relationship

May I borrow this term? Could come in handy.;)

- Jake

xdreamsunwindx
02-13-2004, 03:23 PM
Hmmm...

Living where? ANYWHERE but here. I'm thinking New York or something.
Family? Eh. If I find the right guy, maybe I'll get married, but I do not want kids. I just... don't. Of course, I'll always have a few cats around :).
Career? My dream job is to be a writer for Rolling Stone, or to work for a classic rock radio station. I'd like to do something involving music, like singing, producing, etc... But I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Hobbies? They'll probably the same ones that I have now, like singing, writing, buying too much junk off of ebay (or whatever they'll have 20 years from now), etc.
Accomplishments? Getting one of the jobs that I mentioned would be a major accomplishment for me. And of course, I'd like to have a little more money... lol.

GypsySorcerer
02-13-2004, 03:34 PM
May I borrow this term? Could come in handy.;)

- Jake

Be my guest. It helps avoid g-friend and b-friend terminology issues. :wavey:

estranged4life
02-13-2004, 07:15 PM
I will be dead within twenty years...

Brian j.

dissention
02-13-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by estranged4life

Brian j.

:eek:

You won't be dead in twenty years! You'd only be, what, 50? At least shoot for 60, dude! :laugh:

In twenty years, I see myself...doing something. :laugh:

estranged4life
02-13-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by dissention
:eek:

You won't be dead in twenty years! You'd only be, what, 50? At least shoot for 60, dude! :laugh:

Realistically, I doubt it will happen, Especially now with whatever is attacking my throat/esophagus...

As soon as Debbie is home it will more-than-likely be my turn for a lengthy hospital stay :(

Brian j.

dissention
02-13-2004, 07:51 PM
Realistically, I doubt it will happen, Especially now with whatever is attacking my throat/esophagus...

As soon as Debbie is home it will more-than-likely be my turn for a lengthy hospital stay :(

Brian j.

How is she doing? Okay? I really hope so, you guys deserve a good Valentine's Day together.

I hear ya about sore throats. I've had a polyp removed and it was not pleasant in the least. :laugh:

estranged4life
02-13-2004, 08:15 PM
How is she doing? Okay? I really hope so, you guys deserve a good Valentine's Day together.

I hear ya about sore throats. I've had a polyp removed and it was not pleasant in the least. :laugh:

Debbie's doing great...She should be home at the beginning of March (She as been hospitalized since Dec.29th) and I cannot wait...She looks very healthy!!!

I wished it was something as simple as a polyp, But it may be something far worse (It may be esophagal cancer or a esophagal cyst. I choke daily when I eat and I am in physical pain constantly...Now the pain is starting to be rather discomforting in the back of my neck leading to some major headaches...Feel like I have been headbanging too often like in my ol' days :laugh: )

Since Debbie's insurance is through her employer it would cost too much to cover me on her policy (eg-$300-$400 a month...Her current hospital bill is in excess of over $100,000) but my new future employer (It sure as HELL not Wal-#$%^&*-Mart!!!) has a great health insurance policy...And that is all I am looking for.

Brian j.

littlelies7
02-13-2004, 10:53 PM
Living where?

Either in a beautiful Victorian in San Francisco, or residing in the city of musicians: Austin, Texas

Family?

Of course, a husband! Maybe a child, but I don't think so.

Career?

A bestselling novelist! That, or a studio musician or an animator, or an art historian.

Hobbies

Traveling all over the place, going to the shows at the theatre, going to art exhibits, art collecting, enjoying music, going to charity balls, and reading lots of books!

Accomplishments?

Helped with many charites
Entertained the world with my prose (or songs, or cartoons)
Lived a wonderful life
And still married the same man

~~

I am a hopeless dreamer with all that... but there's still hope for it happening!

God bless! :wavey:

darklinensuit
02-14-2004, 03:34 AM
Well, much like your sunglasses on the top of your head, someone lead me to believe it was in vogue :nod:

You're just jealous because your combination mohawk/Bride of Frankenstein hairstyle prevents you from wearing your glasses that way.

- Jake

darklinensuit
02-14-2004, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by DrummerDeanna
I hope to have a family..ya know..husband and lots of doggies...as of now I'm in the "NO KIDS" boat lol..but I'm young...so who knows....

I see you happy with a husband and "Little Ricky" of your own.:)

- Jake

darklinensuit
02-14-2004, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by DeeGeMe
[b] Living where?
By the ocean.

be with an amazing man who will be okay with my career and it's crazy demands and will accept me for who I am without trying to change everything about me.

only making lots more money!

writing that best-selling novel which I personally adapted for the screen and won an Academy Award for?

Okay, doesn't sound like you're asking for much from life...;)

- Jake

darklinensuit
02-14-2004, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by xdreamsunwindx
Hmmm...

Living where? ANYWHERE but here. I'm thinking New York or something.
Family? Eh. If I find the right guy, maybe I'll get married, but I do not want kids. I just... don't. Of course, I'll always have a few cats around :).

I'm with you on the kids...but what's the point if you still have to put up with cats?:) :wavey:

- Jake

darklinensuit
02-14-2004, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by GypsySorcerer
Be my guest. It helps avoid g-friend and b-friend terminology issues. :wavey:

So does keeping your friends and your significant other in separate orbits, a la George Costanza.

- Jake

darklinensuit
02-14-2004, 03:45 AM

Brian j.

I sure hope you're wrong, but if not, I hope life sends you out full of happiness.

- Jake

darklinensuit
02-14-2004, 03:47 AM

In twenty years, I see myself...doing something. :laugh:

I see you barbecuing and golfing with your friends from the Country Club, the Bushes. You know, just like these days.:nod: :wavey:

- Jake

darklinensuit
02-14-2004, 03:49 AM

Brian j.

Wishing you both healthier times...

- Jake

darklinensuit
02-14-2004, 03:51 AM

I wonder if that's where I'm headed some day. How long were you in the hospital? and How long before you recovered?

- Jake

darklinensuit
02-14-2004, 03:53 AM
Debbie's doing great...She should be home at the beginning of March (She as been hospitalized since Dec.29th) and I cannot wait...She looks very healthy!!!

I wished it was something as simple as a polyp, But it may be something far worse (It may be esophagal cancer or a esophagal cyst. I choke daily when I eat and I am in physical pain constantly...Now the pain is starting to be rather discomforting in the back of my neck leading to some major headaches...Feel like I have been headbanging too often like in my ol' days :laugh: )

Since Debbie's insurance is through her employer it would cost too much to cover me on her policy (eg-$300-$400 a month...Her current hospital bill is in excess of over $100,000) but my new future employer (It sure as HELL not Wal-#$%^&*-Mart!!!) has a great health insurance policy...And that is all I am looking for.

Brian j.

Th crap some folks have to deal with. I can't imagine having to deal with chronic pain in addition to the every day aggravations of life.

- Jake

darklinensuit
02-14-2004, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by littlelies7
Living where?

Either in a beautiful Victorian in San Francisco, or residing in the city of musicians: Austin, Texas

Family?

Of course, a husband! Maybe a child, but I don't think so.

Career?

A bestselling novelist! That, or a studio musician or an animator, or an art historian.

Hobbies

Traveling all over the place, going to the shows at the theatre, going to art exhibits, art collecting, enjoying music, going to charity balls, and reading lots of books!

Accomplishments?

Helped with many charites
Entertained the world with my prose (or songs, or cartoons)
Lived a wonderful life
And still married the same man

~~

I am a hopeless dreamer with all that... but there's still hope for it happening!

God bless! :wavey:

Nothing wrong with dreaming.

I loved living in Austin for 5+ years.

I regret not taking more art history classes back in the day. I might take more still. I think the older you get, the more important adding that kind of beauty to your life becomes.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-14-2004, 04:03 AM
You're just jealous because your combination mohawk/Bride of Frankenstein hairstyle prevents you from wearing your glasses that way.

- Jake

Oh, you know it.

GardenStateGirlie
02-14-2004, 04:18 AM
Living where?

*Either out west somewhere or in New York.

Family?

*Kids are cute....when they're someone elses. As far as a husband? I'd rather live with someone than tie the knot.

Career?

*I'd truly love to sing backup, work in commercials doing jingles, writing lyrics...and If I have to then i'll be a broadcast journalist.

Hobbies

*TRAVEL. A lot. :nod:

Accomplishments?

*lived a full life...did everything I wanted to do as far as my career is concerned...laughed and loved....and whatever else in between.

darklinensuit
02-14-2004, 12:38 PM

Career?

*I'd truly love to sing backup, work in commercials doing jingles, writing lyrics...and If I have to then i'll be a broadcast journalist.

Accomplishments?

*lived a full life...did everything I wanted to do as far as my career is concerned...laughed and loved....and whatever else in between.

I think you can add "annoyed people" to "whatever else in between."

Writing jingles? Yeah, I can see you doing the Quiznos songs.
:nod: :laugh: How do you look in a hamster suit?

- Jake

DeeGeMe
02-14-2004, 12:57 PM
Okay, doesn't sound like you're asking for much from life...;)

- Jake

Well, yeah, I guess that could be my problem--I want too much! I'm one of those really annoying people who refuses to settle.

But I've already made some progress on reaching my goals--I'm in the process of buying a vacation place-oceanview condo--it's not oceanfront--but it's close enough for me! I only live 70 miles from the coast anyway--so I think I'll get to spend a good deal of time there eventually so the dream of living by the ocean isn't so far-fetched after all.

And I already get paid to write for a living--and I get paid more than I ever thought possible--it's just not fiction. But hey, that's a dream right there--to get paid and get paid well, for what you love to do.

The toughie is the romance part. I work impossibly long hours, and often 7 days a week. It just does not leave me with enough time or energy to do much of anything else.

Maybe one day I'll finally be able to put it all together. I'll probably be too old then to appreciate it though. . . .

darklinensuit
02-14-2004, 01:14 PM
Well, yeah, I guess that could be my problem--I want too much! I'm one of those really annoying people who refuses to settle.

But I've already made some progress on reaching my goals--I'm in the process of buying a vacation place-oceanview condo--it's not oceanfront--but it's close enough for me! I only live 70 miles from the coast anyway--so I think I'll get to spend a good deal of time there eventually so the dream of living by the ocean isn't so far-fetched after all.

And I already get paid to write for a living--and I get paid more than I ever thought possible--it's just not fiction. But hey, that's a dream right there--to get paid and get paid well, for what you love to do.

The toughie is the romance part. I work impossibly long hours, and often 7 days a week. It just does not leave me with enough time or energy to do much of anything else.

Maybe one day I'll finally be able to put it all together. I'll probably be too old then to appreciate it though. . . .

Need romance? I can be your very own personal Mac gigolo. Just fly me out to your new vacation home, bring me to Mac concerts & meet-and-greets, and feed me well, and I promise, the flowers are on me.
If I can help just one person fulfill her dreams (and get free Mac tix in the process), well, all I can say is, Isn't this why we were put on this earth? Forgive me, I'm getting all teary.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-14-2004, 02:08 PM
I think you can add "annoyed people" to "whatever else in between."

Writing jingles? Yeah, I can see you doing the Quiznos songs.
:nod: :laugh: How do you look in a hamster suit?

- Jake

Hmm...instead of "annoyed people," how bout' "beat up Jake?" :nod:

"We love these suuuuuubs.....cuz they are goooooood toooo ussss.....these Quiznos suuuubss......" Hmm....hampster suit, eh? Do I get to have a guitar and a cartooned mouth?? :laugh:

darklinensuit
02-14-2004, 03:30 PM
Do I get to have a guitar and a cartooned mouth?? :laugh:

If the mouth is smaller, I vote Yes.

- Jake

estranged4life
02-14-2004, 03:36 PM
The crap some folks have to deal with. I can't imagine having to deal with chronic pain in addition to the every day aggravations of life.

- Jake

That's why I have more grey hair now than I did last summer (If gets worse I will have the same hair style as Richard Wright of Pink Floyd, Rather be grey than bald!!!)...I guess I could always abuse alcohol, smoke or turn to drugs to be able to function & deal with life, But nahhhh....

Brian j.

darklinensuit
02-14-2004, 03:39 PM
I guess I could always abuse alcohol, smoke or turn to drugs to be able to function & deal with life, But nahhhh....

Brian j.

I know. And where the hell do these people find the money for that crap? It's a struggle just to pay for basic universal necessities such as food, shelter, health care, and Mac concerts.

- Jake

Josh2003
02-14-2004, 05:14 PM
In twenty years, I'll be:

Sen. Joshua T. Williams (D-OH)

or maybe

Rep. Joshua T. Williams (D-OH)

or even

State Sen./Rep. Joshua T. Williams (D-OH)

But if things stay the way they are, "D" and "OH" won't be seen next to each other...I'll have to find a better state to live in ;)

GardenStateGirlie
02-14-2004, 05:23 PM
If the mouth is smaller, I vote Yes.

- Jake

Wow. Are you implying I have a big mouth???? I have to borrow this from Greg and say.....

Lamp. Denim. Blue.

Yep.

macmar71
02-14-2004, 09:45 PM
Living in my own place ~~preferably a condo by the beach. Probably in Southern Connecticut.

I would like to meet the man of my dreams but children are not something I really desire. I like them when they belong to other people as I can always leave when I have had my fill.

Career wise~~I would like to stay in the medical field but going back to school would probably be needed for additional training in what field I would want to invest my time in.

Hobbies~~I love to collect stuff but as the years have gone by that has lessened but I would love to travel more.

Hope to accomplish a long, happy life with comforts of health and financial stability and people to care for and who care for me in return.

strandinthewind
02-14-2004, 09:50 PM
I asked a friend of mine this very question and he replied with pithe "Driving a Lincoln, rich, fat as a pig, and with my hand on the knee of an 18 year old bimbo" :cool:

DeeGeMe
02-15-2004, 10:13 AM
Need romance? I can be your very own personal Mac gigolo. Just fly me out to your new vacation home, bring me to Mac concerts & meet-and-greets, and feed me well, and I promise, the flowers are on me.
If I can help just one person fulfill her dreams (and get free Mac tix in the process), well, all I can say is, Isn't this why we were put on this earth? Forgive me, I'm getting all teary.

- Jake

Hey Jake--
I appreciate the very kind offer. I will most definitely keep you in mind! I knew there have to be an upside to working all the time--now I can afford to BUY the affections of my significant others or at least rent them for awhile.

darklinensuit
02-15-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Josh2003

But if things stay the way they are, "D" and "OH" won't be seen next to each other...

D'Oh! Feel better?:)

- Jake

darklinensuit
02-15-2004, 11:36 AM

Lamp. Denim. Blue.

Yep.

Mirage. Sisters. Moon.
Incomprehensible.

- Jake

darklinensuit
02-15-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by macmar71

Hobbies~~I love to collect stuff but as the years have gone by that has lessened but I would love to travel more.

Supposedly as we age our things become less important than our experiences.

- Jake

darklinensuit
02-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I asked a friend of mine this very question and he replied with pithe "Driving a Lincoln, rich, fat as a pig, and with my hand on the knee of an 18 year old bimbo" :cool:

Yeah, but one wrong step & he could end up driving an eighteen-year-old car, eating a rich/fat Blimpy's, and with his hand on the knee of a pig.:nod:

- Jake

darklinensuit
02-15-2004, 11:42 AM
Hey Jake--
I appreciate the very kind offer. I will most definitely keep you in mind! I knew there have to be an upside to working all the time--now I can afford to BUY the affections of my significant others or at least rent them for awhile.

Hold your horses - Nobody said nothin' about affections, just flowers. My rates go up for affections.:wavey:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-15-2004, 03:06 PM
Mirage. Sisters. Moon.
Incomprehensible.

- Jake

Unbelieveable. :laugh:

darklinensuit
02-15-2004, 11:15 PM
Unbelieveable. :laugh:

This kiss, this kiss. It's criminal.:cool:
(Nope. Still don't get it.)

- Jake

DeeGeMe
02-15-2004, 11:30 PM
Hold your horses - Nobody said nothin' about affections, just flowers. My rates go up for affections.:wavey:

- Jake

Damn--this means I have to work extra hard just to be able to afford to keep you living in style!

darklinensuit
02-15-2004, 11:32 PM
Damn--this means I have to work extra hard just to be able to afford to keep you living in style!

Finally, somebody is talking sense.
Now if only the rest of the planet would wise up and follow your lead.:nod: :cool:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-15-2004, 11:58 PM
This kiss, this kiss. It's criminal.:cool:
(Nope. Still don't get it.)

- Jake

Okay...let me bring it down a notch for you...

pot. kettle. black.

lamp. denim. blue.

get it? ;)

darklinensuit
02-16-2004, 12:06 AM
Okay...let me bring it down a notch for you...

pot. kettle. black.

lamp. denim. blue.

get it? ;)

Coach. Exit. Jersey.

Neat patterns.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-16-2004, 12:54 AM
Coach. Exit. Jersey.

Neat patterns.

- Jake

Ahh...I can always count on you to bring Jersey into it.... perhaps I need to start with Philly?? :nod:

pianogirl04
02-16-2004, 03:24 AM
Here we go. I should so be sleeping but who needs sleep? I stayed up till 5 yesterday. Not me. :nod:

Living where?
Houston, LA, or... or... not here. I think. My mom will be in Houston and I don't know where I'll be, I might still be living with my friend in her LA apartment. Life will *never* be dull.

Family?
My grandmother will have passed away, my cousin has graduated from Berklee, my dad's lost touch with me, Mom's in Houston with her cats and her fish, and me? Probably not. I'll be on the road. ;)

Career-wise?
Oh yeah, baby. On stage almost every night. Or trying not to go nuts in the studio. (I just get the feeling I wouldn't like having walls that close me in like that.) Mom will be glad she got her aspiring little musician that iBook ten years earlier. I may not exactly be a lead singer, but hey - when the girl behind the keyboards starts singing, don't you dare try to shut her up. :D I'm gonna guess I'll have at least three of them, btw... just random guess. Maybe four. Or five. Depends. And with my luck I'll still be driving the same SUV I'm begging my 'rents for now (a hybrid one).

Hobbies?
I'm gonna have a trampoline when I grow up. I'm serious. In ground pool with a slide and a trampoline. And a swing. (I have Asperger's syndrome.) Outside of that... writing, reading, and probably working with autistic or deaf children when I'm not on the road. Chasing down Chris Isaak with my best friend. We'll never stop. Hopefully I'll have a life by then.

Accomplishments?
Hopefully I'll have figured out a good pseudonym for my last name because I know this one isn't going to make it in showbiz... and I'll have that name on a few albums, at least. :) Lots of touring. Lots of singing going on. Other than that, just working with challenged kids, maybe I'll have gotten my interpreting license by then and maybe I'll be doing Braille transcription on the side. But I will never recover from the culture shock of moving from one place to another overnight. Ever. Much less living in LA. But I don't care about the awards -- I'm just seeing myself looking at the crowd, only I'm behind the keyboards this time. I can't wait. It makes me all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it.

Bedtime for little aspiring keyboardists like me. Nite nite.

darklinensuit
02-16-2004, 04:26 AM
Ahh...I can always count on you to bring Jersey into it.... perhaps I need to start with Philly?? :nod:

Yo, you's can start, finish, and keep them both.

- Jake

darklinensuit
02-16-2004, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by pianogirl04
Here we go. I should so be sleeping but who needs sleep? I stayed up till 5 yesterday. Not me. :nod:

Living where?
Houston, LA, or... or... not here. I think. My mom will be in Houston and I don't know where I'll be, I might still be living with my friend in her LA apartment. Life will *never* be dull.

Family?
My grandmother will have passed away, my cousin has graduated from Berklee, my dad's lost touch with me, Mom's in Houston with her cats and her fish, and me? Probably not. I'll be on the road. ;)

Career-wise?
Oh yeah, baby. On stage almost every night. Or trying not to go nuts in the studio. (I just get the feeling I wouldn't like having walls that close me in like that.) Mom will be glad she got her aspiring little musician that iBook ten years earlier. I may not exactly be a lead singer, but hey - when the girl behind the keyboards starts singing, don't you dare try to shut her up. :D I'm gonna guess I'll have at least three of them, btw... just random guess. Maybe four. Or five. Depends. And with my luck I'll still be driving the same SUV I'm begging my 'rents for now (a hybrid one).

Hobbies?
I'm gonna have a trampoline when I grow up. I'm serious. In ground pool with a slide and a trampoline. And a swing. (I have Asperger's syndrome.) Outside of that... writing, reading, and probably working with autistic or deaf children when I'm not on the road. Chasing down Chris Isaak with my best friend. We'll never stop. Hopefully I'll have a life by then.

Accomplishments?
Hopefully I'll have figured out a good pseudonym for my last name because I know this one isn't going to make it in showbiz... and I'll have that name on a few albums, at least. :) Lots of touring. Lots of singing going on. Other than that, just working with challenged kids, maybe I'll have gotten my interpreting license by then and maybe I'll be doing Braille transcription on the side. But I will never recover from the culture shock of moving from one place to another overnight. Ever. Much less living in LA. But I don't care about the awards -- I'm just seeing myself looking at the crowd, only I'm behind the keyboards this time. I can't wait. It makes me all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it.

Bedtime for little aspiring keyboardists like me. Nite nite.

Why Houston? Because your mom will be here? I live here, & even I don't want to be here in twenty years.

I hope you have a big yard. A trampoline next to a swimming pool sounds like a dangerous set-up. Or fun. Your call.
Good night.

- Jake

laurie816
02-16-2004, 07:51 AM
Twenty years from now, I see myself twenty years older and that alone is depressing!!

Hopefully, we will be living in a bigger house. We are outgrowing the one we are in now very quickly.

My son will be 28 and hopefully very successful in whatever endeavor he chooses. Most importantly, I wish him health and happiness. I'm looking forward to seeing him with his own little family.

Hopefully, my husband and I will be able to travel more. As corny as it sounds, our dream is just to travel around the country in an RV and just enjoy life with no worries.

My father is already gone. I don't know if my mother will be around or not...and that's not a cheery thought...so I'll end it right there.

Basically, I don't see much changing. But that's okay, 'cause I kinda like the way things are now.

pianogirl04
02-16-2004, 08:15 AM
Why Houston? Because your mom will be here? I live here, & even I don't want to be here in twenty years.

When I went to Houston last October I liked it and my mom used to live there twenty years ago (haha) and she's sworn that when I go off to college, she's moving back. But trust me, I don't want to have to live with her or within obligatory visiting distance if I don't have to. My family scares me.

I hope you have a big yard. A trampoline next to a swimming pool sounds like a dangerous set-up. Or fun. Your call.

lol, I didn't catch that. That should show me for writing that at 2:30. As long as I have the trampoline I'm okay. I'm too scared to jump from it to the pool, although I used to babysit kids who did that. Same kids that woke up every morning and started chasing each other throughout the house. As for me, I just gotta bounce. Or rock. Or something repetitive.

darklinensuit
02-19-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by laurie816

Basically, I don't see much changing. But that's okay, 'cause I kinda like the way things are now.

Ahh, a rare bird...the content human being.:)

- Jake

darklinensuit
02-19-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by pianogirl04
But trust me, I don't want to have to live with her or within obligatory visiting distance if I don't have to. My family scares me.

Some day we'll trade stories.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-19-2004, 09:58 PM
Some day we'll trade stories.

- Jake

When your relatives are an episode of The Sopranos (minus the killing and strip club) gone terribly wrong, then talk to me. My dads side of the family? Good grief.

We do this big Italian thing Christmas Eve...the whole Seven Fish....gathering in my grandparents house with their midget Christmas tree. It's a friendly reminder of why it is only once a year that we see each other :distress:

darklinensuit
02-19-2004, 10:00 PM
When your relatives are an episode of The Sopranos (minus the killing and strip club) gone terribly wrong, then talk to me. My dads side of the family? Good grief.

We do this big Italian thing Christmas Eve...the whole Seven Fish....gathering in my grandparents house with their midget Christmas tree. It's a friendly reminder of why it is only once a year that we see each other :distress:

I'm telling you, my family makes the Jacksons look like the Waltons. You have no idea. Just to give you some sense, I am absolutely the normal one. Really. And by far. Really.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-19-2004, 10:07 PM
I'm telling you, my family makes the Jacksons look like the Waltons. You have no idea. Just to give you some sense, I am absolutely the normal one. Really. And by far. Really.

- Jake

I wasn't aware that "Jake" was synonymous with "normal."

Damn.

That is all.

Carry on.

laurie816
02-20-2004, 07:14 AM
Ahh, a rare bird...the content human being.:)

- Jake

:nod: :nod:

I try to be!!

I'm grateful for what I have, however small and humble it may seem. :D

Carolina Girl
02-20-2004, 10:42 AM
I'm grateful for what I have, however small and humble it may seem.

A Satisifed Mind :)

Pisces Queen
02-20-2004, 02:37 PM
Well I just went down memory lane in the 20 years ago thread now I will look to the future. What do I see in my crystal visions? HMMMM......although I like living in Dallas I can't see myself here in 20 years. Too much of a rat race. I would like to move to Montana and live on a ranch or maybe Arizona and live in the dessert. In 20 yours my son will be 32. That's wild. I do want more children but feel I need to make that decision soon. It's hard to tell which way I will go. I can see myself not having another child and traveling the world. Or I can see having another baby or two and raising them. I know I will never go back home to Oklahoma. I have moved on emotionally and can't see myself living in that depressing small town. As far as my career goes I hope I will be close to retiring. I will be 53. Wow 53 ~ I wonder what I will look like or what my son will look like as a grown man? I just hope the next 20 years the world will see that hate and violence is not the way to live. I think the next 20 years will be a turning point for America. We can't keep going the path we are on with weapons off mass destruction and a president that doesn’t give a flying flip about the people in this county.

WelshWitchPMD
02-20-2004, 08:18 PM
Well, I hope to be with my soul mate and have my oldest child be around 18 or 19 years old.
Living out west someplace sounds nice.
I hope to finally find a career that I love.
Other then that I really don't know.

darklinensuit
02-21-2004, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by WelshWitchPMD
I hope to finally find a career that I love.
Other then that I really don't know.

I know what you mean. I know this is not the career I'll retire from years from now. Fifteen years ago I did not imagine that I'd be this age and still unsure of my plan.

- Jake

darklinensuit
02-21-2004, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Pisces Queen
I just hope the next 20 years the world will see that hate and violence is not the way to live. I think the next 20 years will be a turning point for America. We can't keep going the path we are on with weapons off mass destruction and a president that doesn’t give a flying flip about the people in this county.

Wow, I wasn't even pondering the big picture when I posted this thread. Scarey. Think smaller and be self-centered, it will help you relax.;)

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-21-2004, 12:30 PM
Fifteen years ago I did not imagine that I'd be this age and still unsure of my plan.

- Jake

Life has no master plan...there's always a curveball or a fork in the road...ah..the mysteries.

darklinensuit
02-22-2004, 01:21 AM
Life has no master plan...there's always a curveball or a fork in the road...

And in your case, lots of tollbooths.:wavey:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-22-2004, 01:26 AM
And in your case, lots of tollbooths.:wavey:

- Jake

I see a slap in your future. :wavey:

darklinensuit
02-22-2004, 01:30 AM
I see a slap in your future. :wavey:

One person's slap is another's high-five.
Bring it on.

- Jake

sara1998
02-22-2004, 08:58 PM
In 20 years, I will be 46, and 8 years away from retirement. Hopefully I will have remarried by then. My daughter will be 25, OMG!!!:eek: Hopefully I will be living in the country again, here in Indiana, and will have my grandchildren running around. My career will be going fine (if I can figure out what I want to be). I really don't want much except to be remarried and my house in the country, and my daughters health and happiness....

Maria

GardenStateGirlie
02-23-2004, 01:01 AM
One person's slap is another's high-five.
Bring it on.

- Jake

And one person's high-five is another person's boot to the butt :nod: Bringin' it! :laugh:

darklinensuit
02-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by sara1998
In 20 years, I will be 46, and 8 years away from retirement. Hopefully I will have remarried by then. My daughter will be 25, OMG!!!:eek: Hopefully I will be living in the country again, here in Indiana, and will have my grandchildren running around. My career will be going fine (if I can figure out what I want to be). I really don't want much except to be remarried and my house in the country, and my daughters health and happiness....

Maria

I wish that for you, Maria.:wavey:

- Jake

cliffdweller
02-23-2004, 04:26 PM
My biggest wish is that Fleetwood Mac will have played Austin by then! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, I just hope that my husband and I could end up teaching at the same University in 20 years time, but I don't actually see this in my future, it's more of a wish I guess.

darklinensuit
02-24-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by cliffdweller
My biggest wish is that Fleetwood Mac will have played Austin by then! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

When it happens, I'm there! (And I think Stevie will be wearing a halter top and trying to kiss Brittney Spears. In other words, it ain't happening anytime soon.)

- Jake

cliffdweller
02-25-2004, 12:19 PM
When it happens, I'm there! (And I think Stevie will be wearing a halter top and trying to kiss Brittney Spears. In other words, it ain't happening anytime soon.)

- Jake

:distress: Booh...

terrivac
02-25-2004, 01:06 PM
In 20 years I will be retired here in NE Ohio. I can't wait! I plan to travel hopefully to Ireland, Scotland, England, and Italy while my brother still works for the airlines.

Terri

darklinensuit
02-25-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by cliffdweller
:distress: Booh...

Hey, it's not my choice.:wavey:

- Jake

darklinensuit
02-25-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by terrivac
In 20 years I will be retired here in NE Ohio. I can't wait! I plan to travel hopefully to Ireland, Scotland, England, and Italy while my brother still works for the airlines.

Terri

Smart. My friend married a Continental guy & they basically fly anywhere for free.
What a waste. They're not even catching any Mac shows.:(

- Jake