PDA

View Full Version : Kerry's own intern scandal?

CarneVaca
02-12-2004, 01:11 PM
Something is brewing. You heard it here first.

Clark made a cryptic that Kerry's campaign will implode because of an intern. And Howard Dean now is saying he won't bow out even if he loses in Wisconsin because evidently he expects Kerry to implode.

dissention
02-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by CarneVaca

Clark made a cryptic that Kerry's campaign will implode because of an intern. And Howard Dean now is saying he won't bow out even if he loses in Wisconsin because evidently he expects Kerry to implode.

:eek:

Is there a link, doll? This is certainly fascinating, to say the least!

strandinthewind
02-12-2004, 01:17 PM
Those interns!!!!!!!! :laugh:

GypsySorcerer
02-12-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by dissention
:eek:

Is there a link, doll? This is certainly fascinating, to say the least!

Dissention, there is something up at the Drudge report. Here you go: http://www.drudgereport.com/mattjk1.htm

dissention
02-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by GypsySorcerer
Dissention, there is something up at the Drudge report. Here you go: http://www.drudgereport.com/mattjk1.htm

Thanks, but no thanks. I'd like to get my news from a reliable source, not a GOP schmuck. :laugh:

*runs off to read it anyways*

dissention
02-12-2004, 01:29 PM
After reading the Drudge Report, this isn't anything new. The Enquirer has been saying this for weeks. They've also said that he had wild monkey love with Loni Anderson, that he's addicted to plastic surgery, and he abuses drugs.

However, I can't wait to see how this pans out. ;)

CarneVaca
02-12-2004, 02:33 PM
After reading the Drudge Report, this isn't anything new. The Enquirer has been saying this for weeks. They've also said that he had wild monkey love with Loni Anderson, that he's addicted to plastic surgery, and he abuses drugs.

However, I can't wait to see how this pans out. ;)

Don't knock the Enquirer. It has won far more suits than it lost. Its stories are surprisingly well researched.

I read somewhere other than Drudge's site, but I didn't save the link. Anyway, it's all over the papers now. If you go to news.google.com you'll see that papers across the world have started to pick up the story.

strandinthewind
02-12-2004, 02:35 PM
Didn't Teresa Heinz say she'd kill him is he strayed? :eek:

dissention
02-12-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Didn't Teresa Heinz say she'd kill him is he strayed? :eek:

She said she'd "maim" him. :laugh:

strandinthewind
02-12-2004, 02:40 PM
She said she'd "maim" him. :laugh:

If this is true - he best take to wearing a cup :eek: :laugh:

dissention
02-12-2004, 02:47 PM
I am in such a state of shock right now; it's unbelievable. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, though, huh? :laugh:

Here's the most in-depth article I could find (thanks Carne!):

Report: Intern scandal rocks Kerry campaign
Media investigating alleged recent infidelity Democrat rivals predict ruin for front-runner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: February 12, 2004
11:55 a.m. Eastern
© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Democratic front-runner Sen. John Kerry's presidential campaign is in peril amid allegations of infidelity, according to the Drudge Report.

"A frantic behind-the-scenes drama is unfolding around Sen. John Kerry and his quest to lockup the Democratic nomination for president," Drudge says.

Earlier this week, according to Drudge, Gen. Wesley Clark told a dozen reporters in an off-the-record conversation, "Kerry will implode over an intern issue … ."

Clark formally announced his withdrawal from the race yesterday. But former front-runner Howard Dean sees the "Kerry commotion" as a chance to revive his dying campaign, Drudge reports.

The allegation is why Dean "has turned increasingly aggressive against Kerry in recent days, and is the key reason why Dean reversed his decision not to drop out of the race after Wisconsin," top campaign sources told Drudge.

"A serious investigation of the woman and the nature of her relationship with Kerry has been underway at Time magazine, ABC News, the Washington Post and the Associated Press, where the woman in question once worked," Drudge says.

Drudge says the woman recently fled the country, reportedly at the prodding of Kerry. A close friend of the woman, he reports, first approached a reporter late last year "claiming fantastic stories."

The news-industry magazine Editor & Publisher contacted the Associated Press to see if the wire service would be reporting on the story.

"We simply don't comment on stories we are pursuing or not pursuing," AP spokesman Jack Stokes said.

During his broadcast today, radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh speculated the bombshell information could have been leaked to Drudge by Bill or Hillary Clinton. He said if that were true, the irony is "just too juicy." The former president was impeached after Drudge first publicized allegations of Clinton's own marital infidelity with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

In a story about Kerry rival John Edwards, AP cites recent encouragement the North Carolina senator has received from Bill Clinton.

Clinton told USA Today, "A lot of times things happen late in the race" which may or may not make a difference. "Look at the elections of the last 30 years. And ask yourself, is this election the same or different?"

A week ago, the Boston Herald's Inside Track column discussed a National Enquirer investigation on John Kerry which claimed Kerry is "an admitted pot smoker who had an eye for Hollywood honeys, namely Morgan Fairchild, Michelle Phillips and Catherine Oxenberg. In fact, Morgan and Michelle were so turned off by him, they both contributed to the other candidates seeking the nomination," the Herald stated.

According to the column, the Enquirer story also mentioned a "22-year-old blonde who was spotted around midnight 'dropping off her resume' at Kerry's Louisburg Square home while wife Teresa Heinz was in Nantucket."

Commenting on the Drudge story, Craig Crawford of the Congressional Quarterly said the allegation is something Wesley Clark campaign secretary and former Al Gore adviser Chris Lahane "has shopped around for a long time.

"It was one reason the Gore vetters in 2000 shied away from Kerry as a running mate choice," Crawford said.

Gore's staffers concluded the news wasn't bad enough to disqualify the Massachusetts senator, he continued, "except for the fact that they couldn't risk it as they were trying so hard to distance themselves from Clinton's personal failings."

Crawford notes that in addition to working for Gore, Lehane briefly advised Kerry during the current campaign.

"The Kerry camp has long expected to deal with this, and have assured party leaders they can handle it," Crawford said.

Meanwhile, the news is providing fodder on messageboards like Lucianne.com, where one post reads: "Watch out boys, those hoof prints you are hearing is Hillary running in for the rescue of her party!"

More to come ...

dissention
02-12-2004, 02:53 PM
The thing that really gets me is that, if this intern **** is true, Kerry is even running; especially now that he's the frontrunner. He is going to f*ck up our chances of getting into the White House. He must have been stupid to think that this kind of thing could be "dealt with." Not after Clinton, buddy. If by some small miracle Edwards grabs the spotlight (that is, if these allegations are true), we might stand a chance, but not much of one. Dean will never get it, so he can go home now.

strandinthewind
02-12-2004, 02:56 PM
The thing that really gets me is that, if this intern **** is true, Kerry is even running; especially now that he's the frontrunner. He is going to f*ck up our chances of getting into the White House. He must have been stupid to think that this kind of thing could be "dealt with." Not after Clinton, buddy. If by some small miracle Edwards grabs the spotlight (that is, if these allegations are true), we might stand a chance, but not much of one. Dean will never get it, so he can go home now.

I tend to agree that this intern thing is false. I do not think the DNC would hurt its chances by even letting Kerry run in the first place. Clearly the DNC could have quietly released this last year if it was true and it has been a secret since 2000, etc. So, I say we will have to wait as usual for the facts to appear. Also, I just do not get that vibe from Kerry. But, he is a man after all :laugh:

CarneVaca
02-12-2004, 02:57 PM

I warned you about this particular candidate! ;) If this is true, it does put into contect Dean's extra aggressive stance over the last few days. I was beginning to wonder why he'd gotten so vociferous.

dissention
02-12-2004, 02:59 PM
I tend to agree that this intern thing is false. I do not think the DNC would hurt its chances by even letting Kerry run in the first place. Clearly the DNC could have quietly released this last year if it was true and it has been a secret since 2000, etc. So, I say we will have to wait as usual for the facts to appear. Also, I just do not get that vibe from Kerry. But, he is a man after all :laugh:

The first thing that entered my mind was that it was cooked up by the GOPs, which is rather logical consider the state of the Republican party these past few years. I honestly don't think that these allegations are true, but whatever.

strandinthewind
02-12-2004, 02:59 PM
I warned you about this particular candidate! ;) If this is true, it does put into contect Dean's extra aggressive stance over the last few days. I was beginning to wonder why he'd gotten so vociferous.

True - but then why would Clark back out? he was Clinton's supposed favorite, etc. The whole thing is just fishy to me. Maybe Hillary will indeed step in. I doubt it though. I am confused :laugh:

dissention
02-12-2004, 03:00 PM

:laugh: I know you did!

Dean thinks he's all that and a bag of chips, but he's a prick. I like his messages, I dislike the man.

strandinthewind
02-12-2004, 03:03 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,111264,00.html

If this is true, why would Clark do that if Kerry had this career breaking scandal?

dissention
02-12-2004, 03:03 PM
True - but then why would Clark back out? he was Clinton's supposed favorite, etc. The whole thing is just fishy to me. Maybe Hillary will indeed step in. I doubt it though. I am confused :laugh:

To be frank, I think Clark backed out because he wasn't getting any support and he threw in the intern **** out of spite. There has to be some animosity towards Kerry because of his war record. Clark was trying to use his military record to get votes, but was outdone by Kerry. It doesn't ass the smell test, at least to this sense of smell.

dissention
02-12-2004, 03:04 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,111264,00.html

If this is true, why would Clark do that if Kerry had this career breaking scandal?

Because Clark has diaharrea of the mouth. He thinks intelligence is a "gray goo" and that marriage is an "art." That's why. :laugh: And Edwards must be furious because he said he'd get Clark's support.

This will go down as the dirtiest, meanest, bloodiest campaign in history. :laugh:

CarneVaca
02-12-2004, 03:07 PM
It doesn't ass the smell test, at least to this sense of smell.

If nothing else, in politics the ass smell test will always get you.

strandinthewind
02-12-2004, 03:07 PM
Because Clark has diaharrea of the mouth. He thinks intelligence is a "gray goo" and that marriage is an "art." That's why. :laugh: And Edwards must be furious because he said he'd get Clark's support.

This will go down as the dirtiest, meanest, bloodiest campaign in history. :laugh:

Perhaps, but I think that "honor" goes to the RNC and their campaign against Max Cleland - a senator from GA who lost three limbs in Nam. The RNC painted Max as a coward and non-partiot because Max disagreed with W's policies in the Patriot Act. They will burn in hell for that :mad:

dissention
02-12-2004, 03:10 PM
If nothing else, in politics the ass smell test will always get you.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I meant PASS the smell test!

:laugh:

darklinensuit
02-12-2004, 03:21 PM
After reading the Drudge Report, this isn't anything new. The Enquirer has been saying this for weeks. They've also said that he had wild monkey love with Loni Anderson, that he's addicted to plastic surgery

Wait, this is what he looks like AFTER plastic surgery?:confused:

- Jake

gldstwmn
02-12-2004, 03:25 PM

General Clark is endorsing Senator Kerry in Wisconsin tomorrow. The source for this bull**** is MATT DRUDGE. I am seriously suspicious of Howard Dean and his role in the primaries at this point.
Once again, this is bull****.

dissention
02-12-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by gldstwmn
Genral Clark is endorsing Senator Kerry in Wisconsin tomorrow. The source for this bull**** is MATT DRUDGE. I am seriously suspicious of Howard Dean and his role in the primaries at this point.
Once again, this is bull****.

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

gldstwmn
02-12-2004, 03:27 PM
Don't knock the Enquirer. It has won far more suits than it lost. Its stories are surprisingly well researched.

I read somewhere other than Drudge's site, but I didn't save the link. Anyway, it's all over the papers now. If you go to news.google.com you'll see that papers across the world have started to pick up the story.

The only source for this currently is MATT DRUDGE. They are just repeating this story. You can bet your last nickel that Rove is doing this to take the heat off of * for the AWOL thing. Let's stay focused folks. Don't buy the fascist bull****.:)

CarneVaca
02-12-2004, 03:33 PM
I don't think Bush would have much to gain from smearing Kerry so early in the game. If anything, it gives Kerry plenty of time to clean up, as was the case with Clinton in 92.

Drudge is not the only source on this. As I said, I stumbled on this somewhere else but I didn't save the link and I can't remember what it was now.

And if Time runs this next week, you bet it will become a huge issue.

The thing is, I'm not so sure it will work in favor of the Republicans. Clinton retained a lot of popularity even after it was proved he had been serviced by an intern.

Now, if Kerry's intern turns out to have shown her nipple on TV, that will cause some serious trouble.

dissention
02-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Now, if Kerry's intern turns out to have shown her nipple on TV, that will cause some serious trouble.

I don't think it's necessarily Bush who is doing this, I think the party itself is.

estranged4life
02-12-2004, 03:53 PM
politicians make me laugh with their B.S. (Both parties are equally full of s--t!!!) and <b>"this revelation"</b> about Kerry is no surprise to me, Just surprised it did not occur earlier.

Brian j.

darklinensuit
02-12-2004, 05:35 PM
I imagine Fox has a new reality TV series in the works, one where a politician has to choose from among a group of interns. "Betty Sue, will you accept this cigar?" ;)
Every day the news just classes up our society, and vice versa.

- Jake

gldstwmn
02-12-2004, 06:12 PM
I don't think Bush would have much to gain from smearing Kerry so early in the game.

Unless they're trying to divert attention from this:

http://www.memphisflyer.com/content.asp?ID=2834&onthefly=1

BUSH A NO-SHOW AT ALABAMA BASE, SAYS MEMPHIAN
FedEx Pilot Bob Mintz, backed up by a Carolina colleague, recalls no Dubya at Dannelly AFB in 1972.
JACKSON BAKER | 2/13/2004

Print this Article
Copyright 2004 The Memphis Flyer

MEMPHIS – Two members of the Air National Guard unit that President George W. Bush allegedly served with as a young Guard flyer in 1972 had been told to expect him and were on the lookout for him. He never showed, however; of that both Bob Mintz and Paul Bishop are certain.

The question of Bush’s presence in 1972 at Dannelly Air National Guard base in Montgomery, Alabama – or the lack of it – has become an issue in the 2004 presidential campaign.

Recalls Memphian Mintz, now 63: “I remember that I heard someone was coming to drill with us from Texas. And it was implied that it was somebody with political influence. I was a young bachelor then. I was looking for somebody to prowl around with.” But, says Mintz, that “somebody” -- better known to the world now as the president of the United States -- never showed up at Dannelly in 1972. Nor in 1973, nor at any time that Mintz, a FedEx pilot now and an Eastern Airlines pilot then, when he was a reserve first lieutenant at Dannelly, can remember.

“And I was looking for him,” repeated Mintz, who said that he assumed that Bush “changed his mind and went somewhere else” to do his substitute drill. It was not “somewhere else,” however, but the 187th Air National Guard Tactical squadron at Dannelly to which the young Texas flyer had requested transfer from his regular Texas unit – the reason being Bush’s wish to work in Alabama on the ultimately unsuccessful U.S. Senate campaign of family friend Winton "Red" Blount.

It is the 187th, Mintz’s unit, which was cited, during the 2000 presidential campaign, as the place where Bush completed his military obligation. And it is the 187th that the White House continues to contend that Bush belonged to – as recently as this week, when presidential spokesman Scott McClellan released payroll records and, later, evidence suggesting that Bush’s dental records might be on file at Dannelly.

“There’s no way we wouldn’t have noticed a strange rooster in the henhouse, especially since we were looking for him,” insists Mintz, who has pored over documents relating to the matter now making their way around the Internet. One of these is a piece of correspondence addressed to the 187th’s commanding officer, then Lt. Col. William Turnipseed, concerning Bush’s redeployment.

Mintz remembers a good deal of base scuttlebutt at the time about the letter, which clearly identifies Bush as the transferring party. “It couldn’t be anybody else. No one ever did that again, as far as I know.” In any case, he is certain that nobody else in that time frame, 1972-73, requested such a transfer into Dannelly.

And in another paper...
http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/news/1076497178284961.xml

Bush met military obligation, aide says

02/11/04

MARY ORNDORFF and BRETT J. BLACKLEDGE
News staff writers

A White House spokesman said Tuesday that President Bush worked enough days as a member of the Texas Air National Guard in 1972 and 1973 to fulfill his annual training requirements, but new payroll records he released also show a five-month gap while Bush was assigned to a small reserve unit in Montgomery.

Bush did not receive military pay from May to September of 1972, according to the documents, and the former commander of the 9921st Air Reserve Squadron said Tuesday that Bush didn't show up during those months.

"He never did come to my squad," said retired Lt. Col. Reese Bricken, who lives in Montgomery. "He was never at my unit."

Bricken reviewed documents Tuesday showing Bush's transfer request to his squadron and his response to the request. He said he remembered sending approval back for him to serve in the small unit, made up of reserve members who met weekly.

"He was looking for a place to hang his hat, but he never came by," Bricken said.

GardenStateGirlie
02-12-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by darklinensuit
"Betty Sue, will you accept this cigar?" ;)

"Yes mr. politician, sir....and will you wear my beret?" :laugh:

sodascouts
02-12-2004, 07:07 PM

The thing is, I'm not so sure it will work in favor of the Republicans. Clinton retained a lot of popularity even after it was proved he had been serviced by an intern.

Honestly, that's what I was thinking, too. If this does turn out to be true, it will hurt him, but I don't think it will necessarily make him unelectable.

strandinthewind
02-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by sodascouts
Honestly, that's what I was thinking, too. If this does turn out to be true, it will hurt him, but I don't think it will necessarily make him unelectable.

I mean with Clinton, it was not that he had an affair. It was that he did it in the Oval office, kept heads of state waiting while he and ML were goin' at it, and then he lied under oath. So, if Kerry did her in a Motel 6, who cares :laugh:

dissention
02-12-2004, 07:35 PM
I mean with Clinton, it was not that he had an affair. It was that he did it in the Oval office, kept heads of state waiting while he and ML were goin' at it, and then he lied under oath. So, if Kerry did her in a Motel 6, who cares :laugh:

I care! If he was any kind of man, he woulda sprung for the Four Seasons!

strandinthewind
02-12-2004, 07:36 PM
I care! If he was any kind of man, he woulda sprung for the Four Seasons! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: AND you'd be worth it - apparently Sparky was as he suggested earlier ( just joking Sparky :laugh: )

dissention
02-12-2004, 07:40 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: AND you'd be worth it - apparently Sparky was as he suggested earlier ( just joking Sparky :laugh: )

I'd take a tag team of Saddam and Coultergeist if I was promised the Four Seasons. If I was promised room service, I'd take on Hannity and (gulp) Greta Van Susteren, too.

strandinthewind
02-12-2004, 07:49 PM
Well, Coultergeist certainly would not eat anything from the food tray - perhaps the food trough, but not the tray :laugh: Then, she could stamp her foot to indicate her age a la Princess Anne. :cool:

BTW - I LOVE Greta Van Susteren :cool:

Johnny Stew
02-12-2004, 08:14 PM
Then, she could stamp her foot to indicate her age a la Princess Anne.:laugh:
Who was the comedian that used to tell that joke? Was it Joan Rivers? (There was a time when she was actually intentionally funny, if anyone doesn't remember that far back!)

I always remember getting a good chuckle out of that one.

strandinthewind
02-12-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Who was the comedian that used to tell that joke? Was it Joan Rivers? (There was a time when she was actually intentionally funny, if anyone doesn't remember that far back!)

I think it was Auntie Joan. I still love her and think she is so funny, but others do not :cool:

DownOnRodeo
02-12-2004, 08:20 PM
Aw poor Princess Anne :(

Hmm she was the only normal, likeable royal in my book, until her crazy, rabid dogs started biting everything in site.

Johnny Stew
02-12-2004, 08:25 PM
I think it was Auntie Joan. I still love her and think she is so funny, but others do not :cool: Oh, I still think she's funny... just not intentionally! :laugh:

Sometimes when I see her, I actually worry about her.
Perhaps it's all just a new act though.

Johnny Stew
02-12-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
Aw poor Princess Anne :(

Hmm she was the only normal, likeable royal in my book....Yeah, Princess Anne always seemed pretty cool to me.

I think the joke was mainly said because of all the time she spent with her horses. Although I guess it may have also been an appearance dig.

strandinthewind
02-12-2004, 08:28 PM
Oh, I still think she's funny... just not intentionally! :laugh:

Sometimes when I see her, I actually worry about her.
Perhaps it's all just a new act though.

One more face lift and she'll have a goatee :cool:

strandinthewind
02-12-2004, 08:29 PM
Yeah, Princess Anne always seemed pretty cool to me.

I think the joke was mainly said because of all the time she spent with her horses. Although I guess it may have also been an appearance dig. Well, she did, but she also had equinine features :laugh:

gldstwmn
02-12-2004, 10:28 PM
I think it was Auntie Joan. I still love her and think she is so funny, but others do not :cool:

She suffers from some kind of Tourette bitch syndrome.

sparky
02-12-2004, 11:09 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: AND you'd be worth it - apparently Sparky was as he suggested earlier ( just joking Sparky :laugh: )

You better believe it !:wavey:

sparky
02-12-2004, 11:11 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dissention

I'd take a tag team of Saddam and Coultergeist if I was promised the Four Seasons. If I was promised room service, I'd take on Hannity and (gulp) Greta Van Susteren, too. [/QUOTE

Whoa ! I am assuming you mean ownership of the hotel and not just a room for the night !:nod:

Sarah
02-13-2004, 12:16 AM
senator or not.. rich or not.. i cant imagine having ANY sort of sexual relationship with kerry.

frelling gross.. i mean.. it's obviously not a relationship of substance, so.. has chick SEEN THIS DUDE LATELY?!

he's not exactly hot. in fact, he's kinda.. scary lookin'.

Rob67
02-13-2004, 07:57 AM

No biggie...the DNC is setting up an'08 run for Hillary anyway. Having an Dem pres now would lock her out until '12

I heard that being kicked around...

Rob:cool:

CarneVaca
02-13-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Rob67
No biggie...the DNC is setting up an'08 run for Hillary anyway. Having an Dem pres now would lock her out until '12

More unsubstantiated conspiracy theories from our friends on the right. I'm sure the right-wing hatemongers would love a Hillary run. But somehow I don't think she'd make it past the primaries.

dissention
02-13-2004, 09:26 AM

Bette Midler used to tell some nasty jokes about Princess Anne.

"She loves nature...in spite of what it did to her."

If you've ever seen Divine Madness, you know the Princess Anne jokes!

dissention
02-13-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Rob67

You aren't in the loop, are ya? :laugh:

Hillary will be the VP on the Kerry ticket, mark my words.

Patti
02-13-2004, 09:46 AM
Dissention, don't you think that would be a HUGE mistake to put Hillary on the ticket? I believe that would definitely solidify the conservatives into voting for W, whereas some of them now are so disgusted with him, they just might swing over to the Dem's. I think Hillary is still too polarizing a figure for her to be a good choice. Interesting...yes, but good for the party? I think not.

Patti

CarneVaca
02-13-2004, 10:10 AM
It would be a mistake to put Hillary anywhere near the White House again. She is a lightning rod.

Besides, I am sick of Clintons. Enough is enough.

dissention
02-13-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Patti
Dissention, don't you think that would be a HUGE mistake to put Hillary on the ticket? I believe that would definitely solidify the conservatives into voting for W, whereas some of them now are so disgusted with him, they just might swing over to the Dem's. I think Hillary is still too polarizing a figure for her to be a good choice. Interesting...yes, but good for the party? I think not.

Patti

Oh course it would be a mistake, but that won't stop them. As much as we can hope for a Kerry/Edwards ticket, I don't see it happening. Hillary is one of the most admired figures in our country, so I think that will make the our party want to put her on the ticket; all under an ideal that she'll bring in many votes. While I don't think that it would be as catastrophic as some think, I think it will cause the loss of some votes.

strandinthewind
02-13-2004, 02:10 PM
I do not see Hillary on the ticket. Much of the gossip indicates Edwards will be the VP candidate. Personally, I think Hillary cannot do it because she has committed herself too many times to the six year NY Senate seat to get out of it gracefully. I guess we'll know in a few months!!!

gldstwmn
02-13-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Sarah
senator or not.. rich or not.. i cant imagine having ANY sort of sexual relationship with kerry.

frelling gross.. i mean.. it's obviously not a relationship of substance, so.. has chick SEEN THIS DUDE LATELY?!

All of that aside, Senator Kerry was recently treated for prostate cancer. It's highly unlikely that he was able to engage in any kind of sexual relationship.

gldstwmn
02-13-2004, 02:15 PM
Read it and weep: MATT DRUDGE FULL OF ****

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,1-1000251,00.html

Kerry denies rumour of infidelity with intern

"Drudge, notorious for running gossip spurned by the mainstream media, has a mixed record. It broke the story of President Clinton's relationship with Monica Lewinsky, but had to apologise to one of Mr Clinton's top aides for alleging that he beat his wife.

Drudge claimed that half a dozen news outlets were investigating the allegations against Mr Kerry, but most of them denied doing so last night.

Leonard Downie, executive editor of The Washington Post, mentioned by Drudge, said: "This is the first we've heard that we're working on a story that we're not working on."

A reporter with Time magazine, also cited by Drudge, said that the weekly magazine was as puzzled by the story as the rest of the world."

gldstwmn
02-13-2004, 02:15 PM

Hillary will be the VP on the Kerry ticket, mark my words.

CLARK.:nod: :nod: :nod:

dissention
02-13-2004, 02:18 PM
CLARK.:nod: :nod: :nod:

:eek: Don't give me a heart attack, dear. I'd keel over if that schmuck was on Kerry's ticket.

Rob67
02-13-2004, 02:19 PM
More unsubstantiated conspiracy theories from our friends on the right. I'm sure the right-wing hatemongers would love a Hillary run. But somehow I don't think she'd make it past the primaries.

Nope...just my theory. It would make sense being that the Clinton's are the most popular members of the party and she has mentioned that running in the future wouldn't be out of the question.

I have no hatred but I see a lot of hate from the left, even on this website! Just look at any post regarding Bush!

dissention
02-13-2004, 02:20 PM
Read it and weep: MATT DRUDGE FULL OF ****

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,1-1000251,00.html

Kerry denies rumour of infidelity with intern

"Drudge, notorious for running gossip spurned by the mainstream media, has a mixed record. It broke the story of President Clinton's relationship with Monica Lewinsky, but had to apologise to one of Mr Clinton's top aides for alleging that he beat his wife.

Drudge claimed that half a dozen news outlets were investigating the allegations against Mr Kerry, but most of them denied doing so last night.

Leonard Downie, executive editor of The Washington Post, mentioned by Drudge, said: "This is the first we've heard that we're working on a story that we're not working on."

A reporter with Time magazine, also cited by Drudge, said that the weekly magazine was as puzzled by the story as the rest of the world."

:laugh: :wavey:

gldstwmn
02-13-2004, 02:21 PM
:eek: Don't give me a heart attack, dear. I'd keel over if that schmuck was on Kerry's ticket.

Did you see the press conference this morning?

dissention
02-13-2004, 02:22 PM
I do not see Hillary on the ticket. Much of the gossip indicates Edwards will be the VP candidate. Personally, I think Hillary cannot do it because she has committed herself too many times to the six year NY Senate seat to get out of it gracefully. I guess we'll know in a few months!!!

Even former White House staffers of the Clinton's have said that they believe for a fact that Hillary will be on the next Democratic ticket, though. I've always thought that she'd bid for VP before anything and this is the perfect opportunity to do so.

dissention
02-13-2004, 02:24 PM
Did you see the press conference this morning?

Yup. They seemed unusually chummy for some reason.

God, you've planted the image of Clark being in the WH in my head. What IS the world coming to? :laugh: I wouldn't trust that guy to wash my socks, let alone have a hand in running our government.

dissention
02-13-2004, 02:26 PM

Surprisingly, the majority of his supporters are women. He's consistently been the one candidate with the most female support.

He ain't a spring chicken, but I don't think he's SCARY. :laugh:

strandinthewind
02-13-2004, 02:26 PM
Clark is a good candiadte for Sec. of State. I still say if Edwards wants it is it his. The comic figurte in all of this is Howard "We had it All" Dean :laugh: I will give Dean his Kudos though - he had the sand to bust it up and make the Democratic party give a rat's ass, etc. Without Dean and his craziness, I think this would have been a yawner of a primary season.

gldstwmn
02-13-2004, 02:31 PM
Yup. They seemed unusually chummy for some reason.

God, you've planted the image of Clark being in the WH in my head. What IS the world coming to? :laugh: I wouldn't trust that guy to wash my socks, let alone have a hand in running our government.

If not for VP, then he will make an excellent Secretary Of State. Wesley is a standup guy.:)

dissention
02-13-2004, 02:34 PM
If not for VP, then he will make an excellent Secretary Of State. Wesley is a standup guy.:)

He seems like a very genuine and nice guy, and I believe his heart is in the right place, but he's just out of his element during this campaign. Secretary of State would be a good fit for him, though. President? HELL NO.

dissention
02-13-2004, 02:34 PM
Goldie--

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the new sig!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah
02-13-2004, 06:00 PM
All of that aside, Senator Kerry was recently treated for prostate cancer. It's highly unlikely that he was able to engage in any kind of sexual relationship.

I'm not saying he did or he didn't.. but that may not necessarily be the perfect alibi.

I personally know 3 different men (one being my own father) who have been diagnosed and treated for prostate cancer. Sexual relationships are still possible for some patients around the time of diagnosis/treatment. Some are unable to get enough blood flow/vessel restriction, and some are.

Obviously I'm not an expert, but I've had to sit through a bunch of these discussions. (And it kinda grosses me out to think about.)

Sarah
02-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Surprisingly, the majority of his supporters are women. He's consistently been the one candidate with the most female support.

He ain't a spring chicken, but I don't think he's SCARY. :laugh:

I dunno.. the thought of looking up to see him hovering above is enough to give me the willies. Maybe the more appropriate phrase would be "the majority of his supporters are women over the age of *random number lottery that isn't anywhere near my age here* "

gldstwmn
02-13-2004, 06:39 PM
I'm not saying he did or he didn't.. but that may not necessarily be the perfect alibi.

I personally know 3 different men (one being my own father) who have been diagnosed and treated for prostate cancer. Sexual relationships are still possible for some patients around the time of diagnosis/treatment. Some are unable to get enough blood flow/vessel restriction, and some are.

Obviously I'm not an expert, but I've had to sit through a bunch of these discussions. (And it kinda grosses me out to think about.)

You know the old saying- can't keep a good man down.:)

gldstwmn
02-16-2004, 04:39 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2004/02/16/politics1300EST0543.DTL&type=printable

Statement from woman and parents about rumors linking her to Sen. John Kerry
The Associated Press
Monday, February 16, 2004
©2004 Associated Press

URL: sfgate.com/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2004/02/16/politics1300EST0543.DTL

(02-16) 10:00 PST (AP) --

A statement released Monday by Alexandra Polier, who has been the subject of rumors linking her to Sen. John Kerry:

"For the last several days I have seen Internet and tabloid rumors relating to me and Senator John Kerry. Because these stories were false, I assumed the media would ignore them. It seems that efforts to peddle these lies continue, so I feel compelled to address them. I have never had a relationship with Senator Kerry, and the rumors in the press are completely false. Whoever is spreading these rumors and allegations does not know me, but should know the pain they have caused me and my family. I am in Kenya with my fiance visiting his family, and we ask that the press respect our privacy and leave all of us alone."

A statement by Terry and Donna Polier, the parents of Alexandra Polier:

"We have spoken to our daughter and the allegations that have been made regarding her are completely false and unsubstantiated. We love and support her 100 percent and these unfounded rumors are hurtful to our entire family. We appreciate the way Senator Kerry has handled the situation, and intend on voting for him for president of the United States."

sodascouts
02-16-2004, 10:45 PM
A statement released Monday by Alexandra Polier, who has been the subject of rumors linking her to Sen. John Kerry:

"For the last several days I have seen Internet and tabloid rumors relating to me and Senator John Kerry. Because these stories were false, I assumed the media would ignore them. It seems that efforts to peddle these lies continue, so I feel compelled to address them. I have never had a relationship with Senator Kerry, and the rumors in the press are completely false. Whoever is spreading these rumors and allegations does not know me, but should know the pain they have caused me and my family. I am in Kenya with my fiance visiting his family, and we ask that the press respect our privacy and leave all of us alone."

How upsetting that someone would make up lies about this poor girl. But I am encouraged by the fact that no prominent politicians or even media outlets seem to have taken it very seriously (discounting the rumors about Clark and Dean).