PDA

View Full Version : favorite foreign music?

misterbug
02-05-2004, 12:16 AM
i'm sorry for appropriating the 'favorite foreign films' topic for my own personal gain.

does anybody else here like foreign music?

my favorite is french music. especially Dalida, Piaf, Mireille Mathieu, and Françoise Hardy.

(if anybody has seen 8 Femmes, the song sung by the maid--pour ne pas vivre seule--was originally a Dalida song. Dalida's original version is much better).

GardenStateGirlie
02-05-2004, 12:26 AM
I love the 8 Femmes soundtrack :nod: and I really adore Zazie. Her songs are amazing.

DownOnRodeo
02-05-2004, 05:34 AM
Fleetwood Mac. ;)

CarneVaca
02-05-2004, 10:41 AM
Dig the Flamenco. My favorite non-American music.

Also Portuguese Fado is very emotive and beautiful. Mariza, a fadista who has released two albums, is my favorite.

GardenStateGirlie
02-05-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
Fleetwood Mac. ;)

Hey! It is foreign! :laugh: Speaking of...won't be much longer now, eh??? ;) :nod: Details, Joe. We want details. :nod:

darklinensuit
02-05-2004, 11:34 PM
I like some of Loreena McKennitt's albums. I think of Stevie as a cross between Loreena and Janis.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-05-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by darklinensuit
I like some of Loreena McKennitt's albums. I think of Stevie as a cross between Loreena and Janis.

- Jake

Loreena McKennitt is pretty good..I like her. I like Enya as well :waits for Jake to make fun of her:

I also kind of like Mylene Farmer...she has one song that makes me laugh...it's called Maman A Tort (My Mom Is Wrong). Very 80s...lol

darklinensuit
02-06-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
Loreena McKennitt is pretty good..I like her. I like Enya as well :waits for Jake to make fun of her:

Who can say when this song ends...where you find friends...near your Bic pens...
Who can say what the heart knows...about old foes...got snot in nose...
Only rhyme...only rhyme...only rhyme...
:wavey:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-06-2004, 12:54 AM
Who can say when this song ends...where you find friends...near your Bic pens...
Who can say what the heart knows...about old foes...got snot in nose...
Only rhyme...only rhyme...only rhyme...
:wavey:

- Jake

ahh...you shall never fail me...lol

Jake, when you listen to Loreena, I have to know, do you do the mummers dance? :wavey:

darklinensuit
02-06-2004, 12:58 AM
ahh...you shall never fail me...lol

Jake, when you listen to Loreena, I have to know, do you do the mummers dance? :wavey:

The Mummers Parade SUCKS.:cool:

But I do like The Visit album, especially. I have an autograhed copy from when I managed a bookstore & she visited & played to promote The Visit, as well as an alternate/advanced edition of The Mask and Mirror from later. (I was unable to be there for the occasion, though.:distress: )

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-06-2004, 01:14 AM
The Mummers Parade SUCKS.:cool:

But I do like The Visit album, especially. I have an autograhed copy from when I managed a bookstore & she visited & played to promote The Visit, as well as an alternate/advanced edition of The Mask and Mirror from later. (I was unable to be there for the occasion, though.:distress: )

- Jake

Yes, yes it does suck.

The Visit is a very good album. Too bad you weren't able to make it in the day she played...it probably would have been amazing. So, is the autographed album framed above your bed or are you saving that spot for your wedding photo with Stevie to go there? :laugh:

SteveMacD
02-06-2004, 04:06 AM
I like the Guess Who:D

DownOnRodeo
02-06-2004, 06:55 AM
...won't be much longer now, eh??? ;) :nod: Details, Joe. We want details. :nod:

I'm on the case :cool: (too bad the only Ledgie from brisbane has the worst powers of memory retention on the eastern seaboard. :( :laugh: )

estranged4life
02-07-2004, 12:37 AM
I am currently listening to the German rockers Helloween...A great band that does not follow the metal trends here in the US.

I also like to listen to Japanese music...But then again I like just about any thing from the "Land of The Rising Sun" (Except sushi! :laugh: )

Brian j.

darklinensuit
02-07-2004, 01:17 AM
Yes, yes it does suck.

The Visit is a very good album. Too bad you weren't able to make it in the day she played...it probably would have been amazing. So, is the autographed album framed above your bed or are you saving that spot for your wedding photo with Stevie to go there? :laugh:

Actually, It's an autographed cassette. (Early 90s) It's on my fridge, I think. I have a matted promotional poster from the store visit.
No photos of the wedding itself, thank you. She already wore a black gown to her last wedding. What are the chances she won't again?

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-07-2004, 01:22 AM
Actually, It's an autographed cassette. (Early 90s) It's on my fridge, I think. I have a matted promotional poster from the store visit.
No photos of the wedding itself, thank you. She already wore a black gown to her last wedding. What are the chances she won't again?

- Jake

Well, I think she wore black because she was still mourning the loss of Robin. So, unless she's mourning the impending loss of her sanity when she marries you, she'll probably wear color. Naaah...definately black then..... :laugh:

darklinensuit
02-07-2004, 01:28 AM
Well, I think she wore black because she was still mourning the loss of Robin. So, unless she's mourning the impending loss of her sanity when she marries you, she'll probably wear color. Naaah...definately black then..... :laugh:

That's it, you're off the guest list. So much for finding something old, something blue, something Jersey, something you.:wavey:

I just know she's going to twirl down the aisle in that damned cardigan and sequined Reeblechs. Imagine her flipping through bridal mags with photo after photo of that same damned dress.:rolleyes:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-07-2004, 01:33 AM
That's it, you're off the guest list. So much for finding something old, something blue, something Jersey, something you.:wavey:

I just know she's going to twirl down the aisle in that damned cardigan and sequined Reeblechs. Imagine her flipping through bridal mags with photo after photo of that same damned dress.:rolleyes:

- Jake

Sure. Fine. Whatever. Uninvited...that's okay...I'll take your wedding present back.

You could always elope and marry on a nude beach. All Stevie has to worry about is accessories. She can borrow my SUNS! And you just need those damned shades of yours and you're all set :laugh: