PDA

View Full Version : Band of Brothers

Rob67
02-02-2004, 02:01 AM
I just finished my second go around with this mini series on DVD...one of the greatest purchases I have ever made.

The book and the mini series are pieces of history that should be taught in schools. It is unbelievable what these men went through...

I suggest that everyone at least watch "We Stand Alone, Together" which is the interviews of the actual men of Easy Company.

Rob

gldstwmn
02-02-2004, 01:45 PM
My father fought in this war. He would never even speak of it. They drafted him when he was 25, married with a child on the way. I still have the Christmas card he wrote to my mother from somewhere in Europe saying "love to you and the baby" realizing that he didn't even know if the baby was a boy or a girl. She had been born the previous August. My mother said when he returned, he used to jump up in bed in the middle of the night in a cold sweat screaming "Shoot the SOB."
My brother was a Vietnam era vet. He never spoke of it. He came back a different person. He died at age 55 from cancer, same age as my father and same disease.
I doubt that either of them would be very happy about the ridiculous conflict we are in now.
I think Band of Brothers was extremely well done.