PDA

View Full Version : Any RollerCoaster Enthusiasts?!

greatdarkwing
01-29-2004, 01:20 PM
Just wanted to know if there was anyone else who LOVES rollercoasters? What are your fav. parks?

Frankly, I LOVE the Universal Islands of Adventure Coasters (Dueling Dragons is the first dueling steel coasters and Hulk is just amazing with the launch-hill)

~Alex

P.S. I went to Cedar Point when I was 12 and LOVED it...

littlelies7
01-29-2004, 01:25 PM
I'm not a huge fan of them. But hey, if someone gave me a chance to ride one, I probably would take it.

Then again, I come from a long line of people who don't care for riding roller-coasters. :laugh:

wondergirl9847
01-29-2004, 01:42 PM
I've never ridden one, and don't care to. LOL I have motion "issues". :laugh: Getting on that plane last November/December was quite an event for me, as it was, but I made it!! :D

Ali
01-29-2004, 01:44 PM
I? am a confessed roller coaster junkie. I made the pilgrimage out to Cedar Point a few years back and did nothing but ride coasters. I still need to hit Islands of Adventure and Magic Mountain though.

DrummerDeanna
01-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Well, the only rollercoaster I've really been on is Space Mountain lol...and I did ride one once in Vegas at Circus Circus, that was my first upside down rollercoaster....

I loved riding those, but haven't been to any theme parks with "real" coasters...I still want to experience some huge scary coasters :)

Jen77
01-29-2004, 02:02 PM
:wavey:

I love love love roller coasters:laugh: Cedar Point is awesome! I've been on every roller coaster there. The new "Top Thrill Dragster" was the best:nod: Its a 'must ride'!

Jen~*

GardenStateGirlie
01-29-2004, 02:42 PM
The first time I went on an upside-down roller coaster was on our band/choir trip to Toronto at Paramount Canada's Wonderland. I was tricked into it....I was like, guys, this doesn't go upside down, does it? Oh..no no no...it doesn't. Yea, well it did. The last time I went to Six Flags Great Adventure, I was coerced into going on Medusa. It has 7 loops. I? Was not a happy camper.

I like roller coasters as long as they don't go upside down but i've gotten used to being dragged on them. :nod:

dissention
01-29-2004, 03:07 PM
No! I'm petrified of them!

The scariest ride I was ever on, though, was the Twister thing at Universal Studios. Cripes, I should send them a bill for my new hearing aid.

golden braid
01-29-2004, 03:25 PM
I love rollercoasters. The one at the New York New York Hotel in Vegas is fun. The only ones I don't really like are the wooden ones like the Grizzly at Great America. The wooden tracks are very bumpy and jarring and hurt my back.

GardenStateGirlie
01-29-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by dissention
No! I'm petrified of them!

The scariest ride I was ever on, though, was the Twister thing at Universal Studios. Cripes, I should send them a bill for my new hearing aid.

LOL...we? Are weenies. My senior trip you had the choice to either go to Islands of Adventure of Universal Studios. I went to Universal...lol

Twister? Well, you don't actually ride anything...you walk through...lol. Earthquake? Did I cry the first time we went there and went on that? My mom was like, "you can get in first" so I was sitting on the far left of the car and all of the sudden all of this water starts flowing down on you and fire is shooting out everywhere and your skin starts to heat up...lol GREAT RIDE :laugh:

Mad4stevie
01-29-2004, 09:40 PM
I hate heights, but force myself to go on roller coasters anyway because I know my fear is completely irrational! :laugh:

I scream my head off for sure. However, I haven't went on any coasters that take you upside down.

Space Mountain in Disney World was fine for me because I couldn't see where I was going! :laugh: :laugh:

DownOnRodeo
01-30-2004, 12:35 AM
I had never ridden a rollercoaster in my life nor planned to, until the day I was at the FujiQ Highlands theme park outside of Tokyo, the world's tallest/fastest non-self-powered rollercoaster (don't know the proper term). It was a baptism of fire! But the point was that all the girls were going on with me, so I couldn't chicken out if they were up for it!

The ride to the top was inconceivably scary - but the view at the top before the drop.... you could see forests stretching out for what seemed like hundreds of miles - They say that the view from the top of the Fujiyama Rollercoaster is the second best in Japan, next to the view from Mt Fuji itself.

But then it started dropping. OMG. We all thought we were going to die. LOL. And then what do you know, after that first horrible drop, I really got into it! I'm a big fan now!!!

But I tend to have problems with low overhanging metal bits and pieces cause of my height - thats th emain scary part for me. But yeah, I've come to realise I'm a bit of a speed junkie. I love the take-off in the plane. And sometimes I'll be sitting in the plane and try to imagine what speed I'm actually moving at - that's one way to pass the boredom.... although maybe the one or two chardonnays helped! :laugh:

PS: I don't really scream or anything, but I tend to sort of make dumb remarks to who I'm sitting with, like I'm having a conversation. I think that's my brain's way of dealing with the nerves!

darklinensuit
01-30-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
I had never ridden a rollercoaster in my life nor planned to, until the day I was at the FujiQ Highlands theme park outside of Tokyo, the world's tallest/fastest non-self-powered rollercoaster (don't know the proper term). It was a baptism of fire! But the point was that all the girls were going on with me, so I couldn't chicken out if they were up for it!

The ride to the top was inconceivably scary - but the view at the top before the drop.... you could see forests stretching out for what seemed like hundreds of miles - They say that the view from the top of the Fujiyama Rollercoaster is the second best in Japan, next to the view from Mt Fuji itself.

But then it started dropping. OMG. We all thought we were going to die. LOL. And then what do you know, after that first horrible drop, I really got into it! I'm a big fan now!!!

But I tend to have problems with low overhanging metal bits and pieces cause of my height - thats th emain scary part for me. But yeah, I've come to realise I'm a bit of a speed junkie. I love the take-off in the plane. And sometimes I'll be sitting in the plane and try to imagine what speed I'm actually moving at - that's one way to pass the boredom.... although maybe the one or two chardonnays helped! :laugh:

PS: I don't really scream or anything, but I tend to sort of make dumb remarks to who I'm sitting with, like I'm having a conversation. I think that's my brain's way of dealing with the nerves!

I won't go upside-down.

- Jake

golden braid
01-30-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by darklinensuit
I won't go upside-down.

- Jake

I love going upside down. I think a really big drop on a roller coaster is scarier.