PDA

View Full Version : Eek! Tomorrow's Weather!

dissention
01-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be so bad over here in the northeast that they're predicting a -25 to -55 wind chill. :eek:

For the first time in my life, or as long as I can remember, they're closing down the schools all across MA already for tomorrow. Trust me, folks, this has never happened before in my memory! I'm not stepping outside my house tomorrow, no sir-ee.

:wavey:

DrummerDeanna
01-15-2004, 03:41 PM
Wow..that is amazing...I can't even imagine...though it finally cooled off a bit here...haha..it's in the low 50's!!!

dissention
01-15-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by DrummerDeanna
Wow..that is amazing...I can't even imagine...though it finally cooled off a bit here...haha..it's in the low 50's!!!

Lucky!!! :mad:

Livia
01-15-2004, 03:46 PM
It's rainy here today, but warm enough to go without a jacket. We're having an unusually mild, warm winter.

Have fun in the snow! I actually kinda miss it, having grown up in the midwest.

dissention
01-15-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Livia
Have fun in the snow! I actually kinda miss it, having grown up in the midwest.

That's the funny thing about it all: it isn't going to snow! :eek:

gldstwmn
01-15-2004, 04:06 PM
It's 60 degrees and sunny. I'll probably go for a bike ride later.

GardenStateGirlie
01-15-2004, 04:14 PM
Dropping down to -25 tonight....good times. This is ridiculous. I don't know how much snow you got up there...thankfully, we didn't get as much as was first predicted. Honestly, i'm still in my pj's and I intend to stay in them for the duration...:laugh:

Livia...I am jealous!!!

dissention
01-15-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
Dropping down to -25 tonight....good times. This is ridiculous. I don't know how much snow you got up there...thankfully, we didn't get as much as was first predicted. Honestly, i'm still in my pj's and I intend to stay in them for the duration...:laugh:

Livia...I am jealous!!!

Altogether, only about four inches, which doesn't bother me because I just got a kick-ass new shovel that just needs to be pushed. :D

I'm retiring to my pj's in a few hours and will stay in them for the weekend, too. :laugh:

dissention
01-15-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by gldstwmn
It's 60 degrees and sunny. I'll probably go for a bike ride later.

This is one of those times where a good slapping emoticon comes in handy.

You crass, ass! :laugh:

GardenStateGirlie
01-15-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by dissention

*Smacks gldstwmn with authority, determination and an almost finatical sense of resolve* :laugh: :laugh:

Naah...we love you...we'd just rather be riding bikes than snow plows. :nod: :laugh:

gldstwmn
01-15-2004, 05:01 PM

:D :wavey:

WelshWitchPMD
01-15-2004, 06:57 PM
For the first time in my life, or as long as I can remember, they're closing down the schools all across MA already for tomorrow. :wavey:

Yep, they are closing all of the schools here in Rhode Island, too. I wish that they would cancel work but that will never happen.:(

dissention
01-15-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by WelshWitchPMD
Yep, they are closing all of the schools here in Rhode Island, too. I wish that they would cancel work but that will never happen.:(

I'm sure most cars won't even start, so I wouldn't worry, Pattie! :D

Make sure you have a full tank of gas, though, or put some dry gas in your tank!

Siri Ruane
01-15-2004, 07:33 PM
Thats what sucks about homeschooling... no snow days. :mad:

Janet
01-16-2004, 03:17 PM
It's still cold here too in NJ but they didn't close any schools.

Last night was so cold and there was blowing snow everywhere because of the wind. Amazing.

Even with the sun out it's only 20 degrees right now. Tonight will be single digits with an extremely low wind chill again.

:eek:

WelshWitchPMD
01-16-2004, 06:16 PM
I'm sure most cars won't even start, so I wouldn't worry, Pattie! :D

Make sure you have a full tank of gas, though, or put some dry gas in your tank!

Nope my car did not start either. I had to find an alternative way to and from work. :(
I hate winter.
:mad:

darklinensuit
01-16-2004, 09:58 PM
Sorry. The weather is one of the great things down here and one thing I will never miss about living up north.

- Jake

darklinensuit
01-16-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by WelshWitchPMD
Nope my car did not start either. I had to find an alternative way to and from work. :(
I hate winter.
:mad:

Car problems in miserable weather. I HATE those!

- Jake