PDA

View Full Version : Coming Home...unfinished?

EricBliss12345
09-07-2003, 06:37 AM
The more I hear this song the more and more I get frustrated with it.

It contains some of the most menacing and downright eerie music that Fleetwood Mac have ever committed to tape, and I think it's just beautiful. :D But when it's over, it's just unceremoniously faded out and I always get the impression that the song never makes it's complete statement.

It could have gone so far, and I feel that the complex, psychedelic nature of the song is just one of those ones that's suited to being 10 minutes long. It's easy to see this one going through many peaks and valleys before coming to a wholly satisfying grand conclusion.

When I hear this song, I hear it's potential as the cornerstone track of the early period of the band. Everything about it is just so promising, but then it just kind of ends. What's there is fantastic, but I always find myself getting frustrated that they didn't push that little extra bit and take the song where it really NEEDED to go. It should have been the key track from the album but it kind of gets buried under Christine and Bob's pristine pop and rock gems.

Discuss, kids.

wetcamelfood
09-07-2003, 01:36 PM
Oops, I thought it was the other thread where you said this so just so you don't have to re-read my stuff on this again here, then just see my response to this on the "HAHTF vs. MTM" thread. :)

John